Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? 18:44 - Oct 29 with 23383 viewsTrundle10

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-abbandonato-picks

Bellamy?
Medel?
Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 11:47 - Oct 30 with 1765 viewsJackfath

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 11:44 - Oct 30 by AshleyCCFC

Why is that the most important part here? There is a reason Leon Britton has spend the overwhelming majority of his career in the football league. Medel has been in this league for 8 games. He has played a very important part for us so far and was excellent in our wins against Man city amd Fulham. What more would you have expected him to have done so far? Look i know your going to have a biased view but Leon Britton is not an international player thats just fact.

Leon has played more games than 8 in the premier league sonny.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 11:54 - Oct 30 with 1757 viewsAshleyCCFC

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 11:47 - Oct 30 by Jackfath

Leon has played more games than 8 in the premier league sonny.

I know he has. But why does that not make them comparable? Medel has only played 8 games here because thats how long he has been here. He has played in La Liga for the last few years. Is this an inadequate league? I just don't get the point you are making here. Are all footballers achievments irrelevant if they do not play in England?
Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 11:54 - Oct 30 with 1750 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 11:36 - Oct 30 by AshleyCCFC

I think your the tool if you think Leon britton is good enough to play for England. The biggest pair of rose-tinted specs i have ever seen are currently perched on your nose.

Leon has been close over the last couple of seasons a and many respected pundits have said that he deserves an England cap.
And as for Medel let's see who comes in for him in the PL should you be relegated.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 11:58 - Oct 30 with 1742 viewsUxbridge

Canas and Medel were seen as a very similar level in Spain. Canas actually had the upper hand when they played against each other.

Leon is better than Canas.

Triangular theory. Like flags but better.

I'd probably have Caulker ahead of Chico on current form, but then Amat could probably make a similar claim. Maybe Bellamy ahead of one of the misfiring wingers, not Pablo obviously. Anything else is a stretch, and Avatomato would know that if he wasn't a complete eejit.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:02 - Oct 30 with 1731 viewsSkipTheJack

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 11:34 - Oct 30 by AshleyCCFC

I know Britton has been great for you for and for many years been an ever present but Gary Medel is an international world cup bound midfielder (having already played in WC2010) with 56 caps in a Chile side who are no mugs i assure you. To compare these two players individually is ridiculous.

That logic doesn't really work though does it. What about Sebastian Coates? He plays for Uruguay who are currently 6th in the World (6 places above Chile). That must make him really awesome, right?

Or what about Jozy Altidore with 21 goals in 64 appearances for the USA (ranked 13th). He's looked pretty average at Sunderland so far, and that's being kind.

It doesn't matter what Medel has done in Spain or South America, it's what he can do in the Premier League that counts. And, IMO, he's a good player who's looked pretty average in the Prem so far, and is never worth what you paid for him. At this moment in time, anybody who knows football would pick Britton ahead of him.
Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:10 - Oct 30 with 1710 viewsAshleyCCFC

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:02 - Oct 30 by SkipTheJack

That logic doesn't really work though does it. What about Sebastian Coates? He plays for Uruguay who are currently 6th in the World (6 places above Chile). That must make him really awesome, right?

Or what about Jozy Altidore with 21 goals in 64 appearances for the USA (ranked 13th). He's looked pretty average at Sunderland so far, and that's being kind.

It doesn't matter what Medel has done in Spain or South America, it's what he can do in the Premier League that counts. And, IMO, he's a good player who's looked pretty average in the Prem so far, and is never worth what you paid for him. At this moment in time, anybody who knows football would pick Britton ahead of him.

Thats a completely different point though in fact its ridiculous. Coates has played for Uruguay 10 times as a fringe player and is a young player. Medel has been an essential part of that team over a prolonged period of time (hence 56 caps and 2 world cups) and even won Chilean player of the year at one point.

I agree it is what he does in the premier league that counts and having watched every single minute so far i can assure you he has been very good for us. For the record i think Abbandonato is a t**t but i don't see why you lot are writing off Gary Medel as a waste of money and then claim Leon Britton is better its b***ocks. Anybody who knows football would have Britton over Medel? IMO you are wrong sir. Very wrong.
Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:10 - Oct 30 with 1710 viewsjruss1

You can bang on about Medal’s international credentials all you want. End of the day, he plays for Cardiff City. A relegation fighting Premier League team. Having moved from a mid-table side in Spain. Leon plays — consistently well — for a proven Premier League side and has done for three years. Yeah, Medal has only just got here but he’s done nothing to prove he’s better than Britton in his previous career. The fact he plays for
Chille means sod all, yes they are a decent team but it’s not a huge country is it? It’s hardly like they have an unlimited pool of players to pick from? If you play top flight football of any kind and your Chilean than your almost certainly going to get a call up. England may not set the world a light but the competition for places is a lot, lot more competitive. Britton isn’t helped by the fact England are still playing dark ages football either.

Until Medal proves he can play at a high standard week in week out at this level nobody can class him above Leon. Maybe he will do that but time will tell. Your fans over rated him because of his comical nickname and general attitude of being a bit of a psycho. Which will no doubt blow up soon enough and see him get sent off needlessly.
Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:14 - Oct 30 with 1702 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:10 - Oct 30 by jruss1

You can bang on about Medal’s international credentials all you want. End of the day, he plays for Cardiff City. A relegation fighting Premier League team. Having moved from a mid-table side in Spain. Leon plays — consistently well — for a proven Premier League side and has done for three years. Yeah, Medal has only just got here but he’s done nothing to prove he’s better than Britton in his previous career. The fact he plays for
Chille means sod all, yes they are a decent team but it’s not a huge country is it? It’s hardly like they have an unlimited pool of players to pick from? If you play top flight football of any kind and your Chilean than your almost certainly going to get a call up. England may not set the world a light but the competition for places is a lot, lot more competitive. Britton isn’t helped by the fact England are still playing dark ages football either.

Until Medal proves he can play at a high standard week in week out at this level nobody can class him above Leon. Maybe he will do that but time will tell. Your fans over rated him because of his comical nickname and general attitude of being a bit of a psycho. Which will no doubt blow up soon enough and see him get sent off needlessly.

And he didn't exactly terrify the all conquering Norwich City team at the weekend either

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:16 - Oct 30 with 1693 viewsAshleyCCFC

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:10 - Oct 30 by jruss1

Hahaha comical absolutely comical. Sevilla described as a 'mid-tabled Spanish team' then Swansea described as 'proven premier league' side. You love to glorify yourselvs so much with choice of words haha! This is your third season up here mate thats all. Same as Norwich.
Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:18 - Oct 30 with 1679 viewsjruss1

Mid table/Proven side what ever, it all means the same thing.

You believe Medal being a regular for Chilli some how puts him above Britton. When it clearly doesn't.
Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:19 - Oct 30 with 1677 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:16 - Oct 30 by AshleyCCFC

Hahaha comical absolutely comical. Sevilla described as a 'mid-tabled Spanish team' then Swansea described as 'proven premier league' side. You love to glorify yourselvs so much with choice of words haha! This is your third season up here mate thats all. Same as Norwich.

If he can't perform against Norwich he's not quite as good as you think he is, eh Ahsley?

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:20 - Oct 30 with 1671 viewsAshleyCCFC

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:14 - Oct 30 by Brynmill_Jack

And he didn't exactly terrify the all conquering Norwich City team at the weekend either

When has leon britton ever terrified anybody ?
Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:21 - Oct 30 with 1664 viewsAshleyCCFC

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:18 - Oct 30 by jruss1

Mid table/Proven side what ever, it all means the same thing.

You believe Medal being a regular for Chilli some how puts him above Britton. When it clearly doesn't.

IMO he is a better player than Britton, yes.
Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:22 - Oct 30 with 1661 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:20 - Oct 30 by AshleyCCFC

He's been on the winning side in the PL on many more occasions than fatty Gary has mate. Fact
[Post edited 30 Oct 2013 12:22]

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:23 - Oct 30 with 1651 viewsAshleyCCFC

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:22 - Oct 30 by Brynmill_Jack

He's been on the winning side in the PL on many more occasions than fatty Gary has mate. Fact
[Post edited 30 Oct 2013 12:22]

Maybe because he has spent many years in the lower leagues.
Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:26 - Oct 30 with 1576 viewsJackfath

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:23 - Oct 30 by AshleyCCFC

Maybe because he has spent many years in the lower leagues.

He said PL thickie.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:28 - Oct 30 with 1575 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:26 - Oct 30 by Jackfath

He said PL thickie.

Hee hee isn't he just

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:28 - Oct 30 with 1573 viewsNOTRAC

Continue to underestimate Briton at your peril.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:28 - Oct 30 with 1573 viewsAshleyCCFC

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:26 - Oct 30 by Jackfath

He said PL thickie.

medel has been on the winning side more in La Liga than him ? What's the point your making there a***hole?
Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:29 - Oct 30 with 1563 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:28 - Oct 30 by AshleyCCFC

medel has been on the winning side more in La Liga than him ? What's the point your making there a***hole?

The point is neither Cardiff or Swansea play in la Liga, they play in the PL. Thickie.

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:30 - Oct 30 with 1557 viewsAshleyCCFC

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:29 - Oct 30 by Brynmill_Jack

The point is neither Cardiff or Swansea play in la Liga, they play in the PL. Thickie.

i thought the discussion was about Britton and Medel as individual players though.
Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:31 - Oct 30 with 1557 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:28 - Oct 30 by AshleyCCFC

Now on to the terrible grammar in your post. It's you're not your. Thickie

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:33 - Oct 30 with 1546 viewsJackfath

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:31 - Oct 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Now on to the terrible grammar in your post. It's you're not your. Thickie

One would have hoped they'd send along a clever poster to try to get their point across, not this fu cktard.

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:34 - Oct 30 with 1548 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:33 - Oct 30 by Jackfath

One would have hoped they'd send along a clever poster to try to get their point across, not this fu cktard.

Perhaps he's the best they've got

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:48 - Oct 30 with 1527 viewswaynekerr55

Paul Abbandonato- Is He On Drugs? on 12:20 - Oct 30 by AshleyCCFC

I'll bite.

Leon Britton is custom built for international football. Uses the ball wisely, has great positional sense. The reason why he hasn't had international caps is that England think they are "FC Hollywood" and think that shoe horning names into 442 is the way forward. It sums up English football that Scott Parker, a player with awful positonal sense and not the greatest technically won player of the year "cos he ran around a lot and threw himself into tackles".

As for anyone judging Medel it's early for even your mob, never mind us to pass judgement.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024