Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Saturday 21:43 - Oct 8 with 2766 viewsYouTubeDale

Will Jamie Allen and Rafferty get a sniff after tonight's performances?

Against a big Newport side, should we be playing the taller, rested Bennett?

Cummins didn't excel tonight so Donnelly looks likely.

Any room for Vincenti?

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Team for Saturday on 21:48 - Oct 8 with 2741 views442Dale

The Stoke lot thought Cummins did alright. As they pointed out, the one up requires a centre forward who can play the role effectively. As Hogan will return too, it may well be that Donnelly gets the nod though.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Team for Saturday on 21:49 - Oct 8 with 2738 viewshxdale

Sure Hilly has got his plans A B C D ....Who knows..... The players are now playing for their shirts, always good competition on and options on the bench.. Trust in Hilly.... Lets get another run going... Big crowd on Saturday ... Pleeeeease...
Team for Saturday on 21:50 - Oct 8 with 2734 viewshxdale

Also think the home supporters will play there part aswell, as we lift the players, as previously mentioned, lets get singing... 12th man
Team for Saturday on 22:16 - Oct 8 with 2637 viewsphomem

Newport will be no pushovers, they played well at Crawley tonight it seems
Team for Saturday on 22:46 - Oct 8 with 2556 viewsGizzaNosh

Obviously he scored but did Rafferty play well? I got told that Myrie-Williams give him a bit of a torrid time and that he persistently fouled throughout the game? That came from someone who isn't Rafferty's biggest fan though but to be honest I can't say I'm convinced by him (or Bennett either) at RB. Cavanagh to slot in there when fit IMO.
Team for Saturday on 23:27 - Oct 8 with 2445 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Team for Saturday on 22:16 - Oct 8 by phomem

Newport will be no pushovers, they played well at Crawley tonight it seems

.....helped by Red Card?
Team for Saturday on 23:38 - Oct 8 with 2419 viewsboromat

Team for Saturday on 22:46 - Oct 8 by GizzaNosh

Obviously he scored but did Rafferty play well? I got told that Myrie-Williams give him a bit of a torrid time and that he persistently fouled throughout the game? That came from someone who isn't Rafferty's biggest fan though but to be honest I can't say I'm convinced by him (or Bennett either) at RB. Cavanagh to slot in there when fit IMO.

Rafferty had a very good game the most comfortable I've seen him with the ball at his feet. The player he was up against dived and went down easy a couple of times. And he got pulled up for it which is nice for a change. They still had a fair few free kicks and they made up the majority of their chances.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Team for Saturday on 23:40 - Oct 8 with 2412 viewsboromat

As for Saturday anyone could play pretty much. You can't forget bunney and done either.

Login to get fewer ads

Team for Saturday on 09:31 - Oct 9 with 2228 viewsmiddale

It's a no brainer for me. Rafferty is a footballer, comfortable with the ball at his feet. Bennett is not. It's crucial to Hill's footballing mantra that full backs can play so get Rafferty in the team and stick with him.

Blog: Addicted to Rochdale (Part 17) Diary of the 2010-11 Season

Team for Saturday on 10:46 - Oct 9 with 2138 viewssandylaner1

joey raff definitely to come in at RB

hilly says on dale player it was his mistake to play young bunney at pompey and made a point that he has to be very careful with Allen as hes still a baby, but is on another planet in terms of ability

lund to come back in and partner dicker

done/vincenti, hogan, hendo

get Georgie back in the team, or start with cummins if he did alright last night?

expect allen to definitely feature at some point and tutte again to be left out of the match-day squad
Team for Saturday on 17:48 - Oct 9 with 1855 viewsTomRAFC

George has no end product. Would sooner see bunney.

Raff is a natural right back and should come in.

lillis
raff lancashire o'connell rose
lund dicker
hendo hogan done
bunney

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Team for Saturday on 17:58 - Oct 9 with 1836 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Team for Saturday on 17:48 - Oct 9 by TomRAFC

George has no end product. Would sooner see bunney.

Raff is a natural right back and should come in.

lillis
raff lancashire o'connell rose
lund dicker
hendo hogan done
bunney

I think Hilly will go with the "nuisance" that is George D.

Bunny might be just a tad lightweight for Newport's big fellas........he will have his day though.
Team for Saturday on 18:13 - Oct 9 with 1812 viewsboromat

We may even go with Cummins and Donnelly to increase our physical presence.

Team for Saturday on 18:51 - Oct 9 with 1774 viewsBigDaveMyCock

How did Cummins play last night? Must admit whenever I've seen him he's not looked that great. Cue Hat-trick on Saturday. Also, does anybody else think he looks and plays like ex Preston, City and Walsall striker Jon Macken?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Team for Saturday on 23:21 - Oct 9 with 1586 viewsChaffRAFC

Hard to say what the team may be for Saturday but Bennett has struggled, to be polite, and the fact that Rafferty played well it seems may have the desired effect for Joe in that he may well get his place back. I like Rafferty, he's still very young and has proven to be a decent player with bags of potential. Yes, he's scouse, yes, he was a Coleman signing but had he been a Hill signing, the general opinion of him would probably been a lot more positive.

As for the striking role, Cummins hasn't done a lot yet in his time here which is very disappointing and I think we've missed Donnelly's energy and work rate in that lone role so he should come back in I think.

I think I'd go:

..................................................Lillis................................................

Rafferty................Lancashire...............O'Connell.....................Rose

..................................Dicker...............Lund......................................

Hogan.....................................Done................................Henderson

...............................................Donnelly...........................................

Subs: Thomson, Bennett, Eastham, Hery, Vincenti, Bunney, Cummins

Maybe Allen in for Hery on the bench but Allen's time will come if he's good enough. No doubt about it.

Thinking behind it is that despite Newport being a bigger side, we need to dictate the tempo of the game and play a side we know will outplay them and show no fear rather than bringing in specific players to counter their threats.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024