Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hughes on a Tightrope... 15:35 - Sep 29 with 4895 viewscoolranger

A man with 'massive ambition', perhaps a level of ambition that pushes even Jose Mourinho into the shadows.

But having made a complete mess of his time with us, he is now steadily leading his 'ProZone' coaching team and Stoke side into a relegation scrap.

Perhaps the squad just don't get the mesmerising game plans that he and his world class coaching team 'meticulously' prepare for each and every minute of each and every game.

Yes, Mark Hughes...he'll probably end up with a £30 million fortune made principally from management, before anyone realises that he's actually little more than average in terms of football management - no charisma, no real innovation, actually nothing beyond the mundane.

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 16:49 - Sep 30 with 771 viewsdaveB

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 09:45 - Sep 30 by simmo

They have changed quite dramatically though, read somewhere that passing average so far this season is 11th overall in the premier league. The last 5 years under Pulis was 20th, 20th, 20th, 20th and 17th. Jesus.

I hope he fails spectacularly again but no doubt he can talk about 'job to change mentality' and all the other bollocks that covers up his uncharasmatic, lack of accountability bullshit.

passing average my have been crap under Pullis but league positions weren't bad for a club going nowhere 7 years ago plus he got them to a cup final and in europe. Don't get me wrong think the style of Pullis teams is dreadful but Hughes has his team passing for the sake of it yesterday and rarely having a shot on goal.

I still think it will take some doing to relegate Stoke, at least 5 teams worse than them this season
Hughes on a Tightrope... on 17:05 - Sep 30 with 746 viewssimmo

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 16:49 - Sep 30 by daveB

passing average my have been crap under Pullis but league positions weren't bad for a club going nowhere 7 years ago plus he got them to a cup final and in europe. Don't get me wrong think the style of Pullis teams is dreadful but Hughes has his team passing for the sake of it yesterday and rarely having a shot on goal.

I still think it will take some doing to relegate Stoke, at least 5 teams worse than them this season

Part of me agrees with that but the other part thinks that if it were QPR I would rather have got relegated and yo-yo'd than abandon all football principles for the sake or 'survival'. It is not as if they have even developed much talent from their youth set up.

Passing for passing sake is pointless as you need some incision at some point but I suppose you have to start somewhere. I am sure amongst the dossiers and planning Hughes knows exactly what he is doing. If he doesnt it wouldnt be his fault anyway.

5 teams worse? The way promoted and 'lower' level teams are consistently scalping the bigger boys, I am not sure who will end up down there. Palace still looked nailed on but I said all along I think Cardiff will be OK, especially with thier home form, and Hull have looked a lot more capable than I would have expected from their team. Villa look good, West Brom are improving now they have adapted slightly. West Ham will be fine, Newcastle will have enough about them with Remy fit. Fulham I am 50/50 on.

I am quite enjoying how close it is.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 17:16 - Sep 30 with 727 viewsdaveB

It's quite a good league this year, Palace and Sunderland are crap but the rest below the top 7 are all pretty similar so could be a real scrap this year.

I reckon Man Utd will miss out on the top 4 as well which would be hilarious.

I'd agree I wouldn't want to watch that crap every week but they probably had more fun under Pullis than they had in the previous 20 years when they struggled
Hughes on a Tightrope... on 17:35 - Sep 30 with 709 viewsscot1963

Guess who?

All those dark brooding monosyllabic types ... are scorpios. Any relationship of any length with a scorpio bastard is guaranteed to wreck your emotional health, your self esteem, or at the very least your enjoyment of life. He is a sneaky, nasty,controlling bastard, a master manipulator ... but his good points aside...

(How to spot a bastard by his star sign) Good assessment by coolranger
[Post edited 30 Sep 2013 17:36]
Hughes on a Tightrope... on 17:39 - Sep 30 with 697 viewsthame_hoops

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 17:35 - Sep 30 by scot1963

Guess who?

All those dark brooding monosyllabic types ... are scorpios. Any relationship of any length with a scorpio bastard is guaranteed to wreck your emotional health, your self esteem, or at the very least your enjoyment of life. He is a sneaky, nasty,controlling bastard, a master manipulator ... but his good points aside...

(How to spot a bastard by his star sign) Good assessment by coolranger
[Post edited 30 Sep 2013 17:36]

Have you described blob?
Hughes on a Tightrope... on 17:43 - Sep 30 with 692 viewsscot1963

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 17:39 - Sep 30 by thame_hoops

Have you described blob?

How did you guess.

(No, he's sagittarius, they don't come out of it well either - why would any thinking woman go out with him is the gist of that sign)
Hughes on a Tightrope... on 18:09 - Sep 30 with 670 viewshoopstilidie

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 17:43 - Sep 30 by scot1963

How did you guess.

(No, he's sagittarius, they don't come out of it well either - why would any thinking woman go out with him is the gist of that sign)

I'm Scorpio

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 18:11 - Sep 30 with 666 viewsscot1963

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 18:09 - Sep 30 by hoopstilidie

I'm Scorpio

So am I (Hughes and I were born only a week apart) - but the ladies are less morose than the men allegedly
[Post edited 30 Sep 2013 18:16]
Login to get fewer ads

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 18:12 - Sep 30 with 664 viewsShotKneesHoop

Hughes on a Tightrope... on 18:09 - Sep 30 by hoopstilidie

I'm Scorpio

I'm Spartacus.

Who else is?

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024