Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pozuelo 21:42 - Aug 1 with 10869 viewsblaine_scfc

May seem quite silly as he only had half hour or so, but very impressed with him. Always looked composed, good feet, pace.... Can be a big player for us
Pozuelo on 23:37 - Aug 1 with 2825 viewsJacYJwc

Was impressed with him tonight, always looked to create something and didn't try to force things.

What is his main position though? Thought he was an attacking midfielder but he's played out wide for most of of pre season.
Pozuelo on 23:47 - Aug 1 with 2780 viewsLaudrup

"but he's played out wide for most of of pre season."

No he hasn't. Michu spent all his playing time as striker in pre-season except for the last game against Reading, where Bony played ahead of him.
Alex spent most time as AM in pre-season. With the Pablo, Routledge, Dyer, Lamah and Gorré sharing the time on the wings.

I hate signatures

Pozuelo on 06:17 - Aug 2 with 2645 viewsDr_Winston

Routledge is nominally a winger yet spends half his time in the middle. People need to move away from the old fashioned "winger stays wide" mentality. Pozuelo is a forward.

Reminded me a little of Georgi Kinkladze too. Small stature, quick feet, likes taking a player on and getting a shot off. If he does half as well we've got a bargain.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2013 6:32]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Pozuelo on 06:27 - Aug 2 with 2643 viewsharemscarem

Pozuelo on 21:47 - Aug 1 by Danielswan

The only change I would make to the starting 11 is Pozuelo ahead of Dyer, the last just seems too confused at times making the wrong choices often.

I really think Dyer was good yesterday. It seemed very effective to have to quick wingers in Routledge and Dyer.

Pozuelo was really good as well (he was all over the place, and showed some real skill when scoring). That just makes it damn difficult to choose the starting 11!

Pozuelo on 06:36 - Aug 2 with 2629 viewsgiantstoneater

After our midfield had given them the run around for the best part of the game on came JDG and Pozuelo to take it up a notch, Pozuelo looked comfortable running the ball out of defence linking up the play and popped up all over the place, frightening when you think that Ki (I am a fan) and Hernandez wern`t even on the bench!
Pozuelo on 07:03 - Aug 2 with 2605 viewsNatterjack

Pozuelo on 06:36 - Aug 2 by giantstoneater

After our midfield had given them the run around for the best part of the game on came JDG and Pozuelo to take it up a notch, Pozuelo looked comfortable running the ball out of defence linking up the play and popped up all over the place, frightening when you think that Ki (I am a fan) and Hernandez wern`t even on the bench!

I'm sure Laudrup hinted at a few injuries on Wednesday - probably explains Hernandez and Ki's omission?
Pozuelo on 09:19 - Aug 2 with 2481 viewsEdmundo

Between him and Shelvey shooting, whenever given the opportunity, it really bodes well for one of our weaker areas last season

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Pozuelo on 10:06 - Aug 2 with 2437 viewsTom1912

Pozuelo on 07:03 - Aug 2 by Natterjack

I'm sure Laudrup hinted at a few injuries on Wednesday - probably explains Hernandez and Ki's omission?

Hernandez didn't train yesterday due to a slight strain.

Ki's omission was because he's quite far down the pecking order and has to win his place back, I think.
Login to get fewer ads

Pozuelo on 10:20 - Aug 2 with 2410 viewsSASWANSEA

The boy looks class, I think we've plucked another gem out of nowhere.
Pozuelo on 11:00 - Aug 2 with 2355 viewsjackpot

Pozuelo on 10:20 - Aug 2 by SASWANSEA

The boy looks class, I think we've plucked another gem out of nowhere.

Totally agree. He could become this years Michu best buy.
Pozuelo on 12:35 - Aug 2 with 2276 viewsJacYJwc

Pozuelo on 06:17 - Aug 2 by Dr_Winston

Routledge is nominally a winger yet spends half his time in the middle. People need to move away from the old fashioned "winger stays wide" mentality. Pozuelo is a forward.

Reminded me a little of Georgi Kinkladze too. Small stature, quick feet, likes taking a player on and getting a shot off. If he does half as well we've got a bargain.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2013 6:32]

Big difference between our 'wingers' roles and our central attacking midfielder role though. For most of routledge/dyer/hernandez' play you'll see them cut into the middle from out wide or move in towards middle when opposite winger has the ball.

Attacking midfielder will drift out wide but will mainly stay in middle dropping deep to get ball and making late runs in.

Was just wondering where he played mostly with Betis? Central or out wide?

Exciting player wherever he does play though!
Pozuelo on 16:22 - Aug 2 with 2180 viewsSwanaldo

Must admit he raised my eyebrows not sure how Laudrup can keep him on the bench looked a class above to me.

Yall come back now.

Pozuelo on 16:25 - Aug 2 with 2166 viewsThe_Bounder

Pozuelo on 22:32 - Aug 1 by max936

Gonna be absolute quality this kid.

I fully concur. We have another gem on our hands.

Sadly no longer in The Salisbury embracing Premier League football!

Pozuelo on 17:44 - Aug 2 with 2088 viewsHerohead

I get the chills, when i think of what laudrup might get out of him this season.
It's another Michu

I googeled cardiff+football and got "page not found"
Poll: Laudrup out?

Pozuelo on 17:55 - Aug 2 with 2059 viewsDr_Winston

Pozuelo on 12:35 - Aug 2 by JacYJwc

Big difference between our 'wingers' roles and our central attacking midfielder role though. For most of routledge/dyer/hernandez' play you'll see them cut into the middle from out wide or move in towards middle when opposite winger has the ball.

Attacking midfielder will drift out wide but will mainly stay in middle dropping deep to get ball and making late runs in.

Was just wondering where he played mostly with Betis? Central or out wide?

Exciting player wherever he does play though!

Routledge spends half his life in the middle mun.

Our attacking unit is fluid enough for us to largely dispense with titles like "winger" IMO. The only two players in the final third on Thu with defined duties were Bony and Michu, and even with Michu it's sketchy because he pops up everywhere.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Pozuelo on 18:27 - Aug 2 with 1979 viewsattila_the_hun

what a player

"I'm Free"

Pozuelo on 20:51 - Aug 2 with 1905 viewswsmJACK

We would lose a lot of pace out wide if we dropped Dyer though. I agree he hasn't been at his best but I would like to see how Pozuelo would've done if he started the game. Malmo were blowing out their ar*e holes by the time Pozuelo came on so who knows whether he would make the same impact if starting. However, he looked absolutely quality and an absolute steal! Diamond in the making I think
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024