Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Redknapp with another dig at the powers that be (shock) 00:03 - Jul 26 with 3370 viewsDieByYourSide

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/norwich-city/10201734/Norwich-se

Redknapp said on Thursday night: "It's very disappointing because I felt there was a deal to be done there but maybe this is a lesson learned for us. You have to get transfers like this done quickly and get them over the line. If you take your time you are always open to the risk of somebody else coming in and that seems to be what's happened with Gary Hooper''

How about you learn the lesson of not blabbing your face off before a deal's done Harry? The whole ''I definitely DON'T expect us to be pipped'' thing was embarrassing, we should've just paid him off the moment we got relegated.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: And it's hi ho

Redknapp with another dig at the powers that be (shock) on 10:35 - Jul 26 with 661 viewsAntti_Heinola

Redknapp with another dig at the powers that be (shock) on 07:34 - Jul 26 by fakekerby

Agreed, we have someone dealing with football transfers/negotiations who has no experience or knowledge of football.

90% of our signings under TF/Beard have been overpaid dross.

Maybe that's why Beard took his time and just didn't agree to whatever Hooper demanded? Maybe he was, you know, trying not to be held to ransom?

Bare bones.

Redknapp with another dig at the powers that be (shock) on 11:45 - Jul 26 with 622 viewsdavman

Its not anyone's fault though, is it? Like Townsend, its inevitable that if a lower mid-table team in the Premier League comes calling, we have not got a hope of competing with them. That's the Premier League.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Redknapp with another dig at the powers that be (shock) on 12:06 - Jul 26 with 603 viewsQPR_Jim

Redknapp with another dig at the powers that be (shock) on 10:35 - Jul 26 by Antti_Heinola

Maybe that's why Beard took his time and just didn't agree to whatever Hooper demanded? Maybe he was, you know, trying not to be held to ransom?

Exactly. I don't think you can blame Beard for this, as soon as the chance for Premiership football was there we'd have had to offered something ridiculous to tempt him to play for us, which is exactly what got us in this mess in the first place. Would Hooper have had his heart in it if he was just here for a large pay cheque but secretly thinking he was playing below his level and wishing he was somewhere else?

I can also see what Redknapp is saying, if we want to close the deal out we should set some deadlines and get things moving quicker. However with that strategy we'd have to walk away if they didn't sign up quick enough, else it will become apparent your making empty threats. I don't think that would work with players like Hooper as they would be too confident of a better offer to be rushed anyway.
Redknapp with another dig at the powers that be (shock) on 12:16 - Jul 26 with 582 viewsQPunkR

Well that's the thing, we need to strike a balance. Arry said before that he wouldn't let Uncle Tone have his pants pulled down, but now seems to be having a go at Beardy boy for not allowing it to happen, a la Bridge and Hooper transfers. If you want a deal done straight away you need to offer far above the asking price.
We've seen how well that's worked before with the dross we've signed these past 2 seasons. Taking time to get a deal that's right for US, rather than the 'player' and his agents is what we should be doing.

And Arry shouldn't be winding down his car window and telling reporters that moves have gone through until they have actually gone through. Otherwise he looks even more gormless than normal.

QPR - "shit but local"

Redknapp with another dig at the powers that be (shock) on 12:57 - Jul 26 with 558 viewsderbyhoop

Was the delay due to Hooper knowing that there was interest from the PL (norwich and Southampton, I recall) and, providing the transfer fee was accepted by Celtic, a chance to play in the PL trumps anything we could offer.

Blaming Beard for this is out of order - unless you have evidence (and I don't mean a Redknapp media briefing).

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

Redknapp with another dig at the powers that be (shock) on 13:01 - Jul 26 with 555 viewsjonno

Redknapp with another dig at the powers that be (shock) on 10:35 - Jul 26 by Antti_Heinola

I hope that was the case. £5.5 million is a hell of a lot of money for an unproven player ar PL level - massive financial gamble for Norwich. What's Dick Mennace got to say I wonder?
Redknapp with another dig at the powers that be (shock) on 13:07 - Jul 26 with 549 viewsSuffolkHoop

Maybe we're reading too much into small details here. Redknapp is not someone in the upper percentiles of most literate people and his vocabulary is fairly limited. Lets not hang on to every word and try to find the meaning behind it. Dogs eat dinner because they're hungry, not because they like the flavour dog food.
Redknapp with another dig at the powers that be (shock) on 13:13 - Jul 26 with 539 viewsPommyhoop

Redknapp with another dig at the powers that be (shock) on 13:07 - Jul 26 by SuffolkHoop

Maybe we're reading too much into small details here. Redknapp is not someone in the upper percentiles of most literate people and his vocabulary is fairly limited. Lets not hang on to every word and try to find the meaning behind it. Dogs eat dinner because they're hungry, not because they like the flavour dog food.

There's alot of Spurs fans ,West Ham ,Portsmouth and (I hate to say it) Saint fans who recognise these little tit bits H is throwing out.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

Redknapp with another dig at the powers that be (shock) on 13:16 - Jul 26 with 526 viewsSuffolkHoop

Redknapp with another dig at the powers that be (shock) on 13:13 - Jul 26 by Pommyhoop

There's alot of Spurs fans ,West Ham ,Portsmouth and (I hate to say it) Saint fans who recognise these little tit bits H is throwing out.

All had very successful periods under Redknapp at some stage. Not saying he's god anything but - the situation is there are a hell of a lot of expensive players here on an awful lot of money that he doesn't want and didn't sign. With respect Jenas isn't a bad egg nor a bad player, Townsend was on loan, Samba has been sold back and Remy will either be sacked or sold once his case is dropped/resolved.

Its Hughes who signed the others and its those that we're saddled with and mean we're tight with the moolah.
Redknapp with another dig at the powers that be (shock) on 13:23 - Jul 26 with 515 viewsPommyhoop

Redknapp with another dig at the powers that be (shock) on 13:16 - Jul 26 by SuffolkHoop

All had very successful periods under Redknapp at some stage. Not saying he's god anything but - the situation is there are a hell of a lot of expensive players here on an awful lot of money that he doesn't want and didn't sign. With respect Jenas isn't a bad egg nor a bad player, Townsend was on loan, Samba has been sold back and Remy will either be sacked or sold once his case is dropped/resolved.

Its Hughes who signed the others and its those that we're saddled with and mean we're tight with the moolah.

True .
Sad we've got him in his 'Cant be agged' stage of his career and with a shrinking budget rather than the wonga he likes to deal with.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Redknapp with another dig at the powers that be (shock) on 13:32 - Jul 26 with 491 viewsMedwayR

Redknapp should have kept his gob shut because everyone could see Hooper's agent was using us to secure a move to Norwich & Hooper thought joining us was a sideways move, and I can't really disagree, he needs to test himself in the Premier League.

I think Beard was brought in to deal primarily with Warren Farm & a new stadium, and he could end up being very successful with that side of business. But I do think we need someone with a football background to work alongside him, although we'd need to choose carefully!!

Poll: Who’s better?

Redknapp with another dig at the powers that be (shock) on 14:02 - Jul 26 with 448 viewsisawqpratwcity

Harry just needs to work that much harder, double-quick time.

Up to you, HR.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Redknapp with another dig at the powers that be (shock) on 14:06 - Jul 26 with 447 viewsblacky200

It was obvious from the start that we were never Hooper's first choice. We were simply a back up plan in case there were no Prem clubs willing to take him on.
I find it a bit sad really that there are so many behaving like spoiled kids because our move was hijacked. Probably the same people who were laughing last season when we did exactly the same with Remy.
One minute we are saying we are sick of throwing money at players and the next moaning about missing out due to negotiations taking too long! Personally I would prefer to miss out on players who don't want to come here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024