Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wimbledon 17:44 - Jun 23 with 10383 viewsmodelboydave

Can't remember too many tennis threads - so here goes -

1. Anyone on here going ?

2. Who do you think will win men's singles ?

Il go first - yes tue and wed and djorkovic

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Wimbledon on 20:39 - Jun 26 with 1540 viewsmacro

Wimbledon on 20:26 - Jun 26 by off2div1

That's Federer gone well done Sergiy Stakhovsky.Could be because he didn't have his orange soled shoes

Yet the women players are allowed to wear Orange shorts under their skirts
Wimbledon on 20:41 - Jun 26 with 1526 viewsColDale

Wimbledon on 20:39 - Jun 26 by macro

Yet the women players are allowed to wear Orange shorts under their skirts

was the issue with Fed's shoes not related to the Orange being sponsor related? Sure I heard something alluding to that on the TV earlier.

Clear run to the final now for Britain's Andy Murray
Wimbledon on 20:47 - Jun 26 with 1515 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Wimbledon on 20:41 - Jun 26 by ColDale

was the issue with Fed's shoes not related to the Orange being sponsor related? Sure I heard something alluding to that on the TV earlier.

Clear run to the final now for Britain's Andy Murray

TBH have no interest at all but can understand points made - though Murray cannot go out sooner imho.

Sad to see Federer going out like this - I could see him retiring this year as spent force - remember Mark Carter!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Wimbledon on 20:51 - Jun 26 with 1502 viewsmacro

Wimbledon on 20:47 - Jun 26 by Thacks_Rabbits

TBH have no interest at all but can understand points made - though Murray cannot go out sooner imho.

Sad to see Federer going out like this - I could see him retiring this year as spent force - remember Mark Carter!!!!

I for one want Murray to win it, I really can't understand all the anti-murray feeling

Do what you do in the olympics, cheer on the brits. Or in the European comps, cheer on the brits
Wimbledon on 20:52 - Jun 26 with 1500 viewsoff2div1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23062227
Wimbledon on 20:53 - Jun 26 with 1499 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Wimbledon on 20:51 - Jun 26 by macro

I for one want Murray to win it, I really can't understand all the anti-murray feeling

Do what you do in the olympics, cheer on the brits. Or in the European comps, cheer on the brits

But I dont do that either - Olympics bores me and dont care for "British" teams in Europe - City and Chelsea I dont mind but then thats more to annoy United than anything

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Wimbledon on 02:39 - Jun 27 with 1437 viewsNTDale

I hope Murray wins it this year, not because he is British, but because he is a great tennis player. Over the past few years, he has really come along and every time he gets knocked out of a slam, he makes changes, and comes back stronger. People may find him boring, but as an athlete, no one deserves it more, as you can't fault his effort. He even went as far as training abroad when he was younger, in an attempt to keep up with players from other countries. If everyone viewed him neutrally, I think more of us would see how good he actually is.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Wimbledon on 07:45 - Jun 27 with 1417 viewsMoonyDale

Wimbledon, would rather watch Fookin Bury.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

Wimbledon on 20:51 - Jun 27 with 1344 viewsfinberty

A bit ironic that the anti-Murray brigade (because he's Scottish) include those who formerly worshipped at the altar of Sir Fergie of Govan.

Wimbledon on 22:01 - Jun 27 with 1323 viewsmacro

Wimbledon on 20:51 - Jun 27 by finberty

A bit ironic that the anti-Murray brigade (because he's Scottish) include those who formerly worshipped at the altar of Sir Fergie of Govan.

Very good point
Wimbledon on 13:35 - Jun 29 with 1282 viewsTomRAFC

Don't mind tennis myself. Would like to see someone up and coming win it to really throw a spanner in the works.

Personally nothing beats football but proper test cricket and snooker are quality. Me and sandyman mut be the only two people left to listen to the test cricket on longwave so it gets stopped for the shipping forecast.

Nothing like a good shipping forecast!

Maybe we should ask sweetmore for one at half time... sung by Morrissey of course.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Wimbledon on 13:39 - Jun 29 with 1270 viewsdilligas

Tennis doesn't work hard enough to get rid of the public school image. It needs to get into schools at a young age
Wimbledon on 13:48 - Jun 29 with 1262 viewsolympicdale

Wimbledon on 13:39 - Jun 29 by dilligas

Tennis doesn't work hard enough to get rid of the public school image. It needs to get into schools at a young age

Tennis in this country is seen as the posh garden party sport, with people sipping Pimms overlooking the matches. We wont see any 'street' type players from Toxteth coming through anytime soon, there are going to be dozens of top players out there, but the net is not cast wide enough to discover them.

Life is a game of fate.

Wimbledon on 16:45 - Jul 7 with 1197 viewsmacro

bump
Wimbledon on 16:49 - Jul 7 with 1193 viewsRalphs12

Novak's head seemed to have gone earlier, but he seems to be clawing his way back now. Good match so far, hope Murray does it tho.
Wimbledon on 16:54 - Jul 7 with 1182 viewsolympicdale

This is the worst I've seen Djokovic play for a long time, the unforced error and missed first serves are a big indication.

Life is a game of fate.

Wimbledon on 16:59 - Jul 7 with 1178 viewsRalphs12

Wimbledon on 16:54 - Jul 7 by olympicdale

This is the worst I've seen Djokovic play for a long time, the unforced error and missed first serves are a big indication.

it had to be really though didn't it for Murray to have a shot, Novak at his best wins this.
Wimbledon on 17:04 - Jul 7 with 1171 viewsolympicdale

Wimbledon on 16:59 - Jul 7 by Ralphs12

it had to be really though didn't it for Murray to have a shot, Novak at his best wins this.

There is no secret that Murray has had huge slices of luck in this tournament, and now he's finally playing a top 3 player Novak has his worst game for months.

Life is a game of fate.

Wimbledon on 17:27 - Jul 7 with 1160 viewsmacro

Wimbledon on 17:04 - Jul 7 by olympicdale

There is no secret that Murray has had huge slices of luck in this tournament, and now he's finally playing a top 3 player Novak has his worst game for months.

Shut up you plank

Wimbledon on 17:30 - Jul 7 with 1159 viewsmacro

What luck has he had? He's played everyone off the park he's come up against. You can only play the player in front of you.

Murray beat Djokovic 3 sets to 0 in the Olympics, it's no fluke
Wimbledon on 17:33 - Jul 7 with 1153 viewsolympicdale

The fact all the top seeds he would have played went out, giving him a clear path to the final, where Djokovic was at least 50% off his game.

Life is a game of fate.

Wimbledon on 17:40 - Jul 7 with 1147 viewsmacro

Wimbledon on 17:33 - Jul 7 by olympicdale

The fact all the top seeds he would have played went out, giving him a clear path to the final, where Djokovic was at least 50% off his game.

It was the same for Djokovic, he had en route only one test as well v Del Potro

Murray played the better tennis, was the better player and for the second time on grass in twelve months beat Djokovic 3 sets to 0 so accept the fact the better player today won

Wimbledon on 17:45 - Jul 7 with 1144 viewsoff2div1

Please for Murray beat everyone in front of him this Wimbledon The US & Olympics no Fluke years of dedication & hard graft
Wimbledon on 17:55 - Jul 7 with 1127 viewsRalphs12

Happy for him, as someone mentioned before hes beat everyone who hes needed too and fair play to him. Always good to see a Brit winning in Britain, in any sport.
Wimbledon on 18:00 - Jul 7 with 1122 viewsBrierls

Wimbledon on 17:04 - Jul 7 by olympicdale

You're right, OD. He's incredibly lucky to be ranked no 2 in the world as well, it's got nothing to do with outstanding talent, grit, determination and consistency. All in an era that is considered to be the golden generation of men's tennis with players such as Djokovic, Federer & Nadal competing.

He played the world no 1, with massive expectation and pressure heaped on him, and won in straight sets. Yet all you do is pick holes in his route to the final, and the way his opponent played.

You're well known for coming out with utter shite, but you've surpassed your own idiotic uninformed standards with this post.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024