Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who will be our Kevin Nolan? 08:46 - Apr 22 with 1241 viewsYorkRanger

Wondered who we will turn to in the Championship to lead from the front, by example, influence Refs and underpin the team. Derry had the role in the promotion season but not sure he has the legs out there.

Any thoughts on who that player, probably in their final years of playing, who may have a swansong and lead us straight back.

If HR stays I wonder if Scott Parker could be lured across - Not sure he will feature now in the starting 11for Spurs, and whilst his fitness is a bit of a concern, HR has a strong relationship with him.

?
Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 08:49 - Apr 22 with 1224 viewsNeil_SI

Take Phil Neville from Everton. His experience and nous in and around the club would be a help, even if he didn't play that much.

Then use and abuse his position with the England Under 21s to give us access to some players on loan and build some relationships with young players.
Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 09:01 - Apr 22 with 1191 viewsngbqpr

Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 08:49 - Apr 22 by Neil_SI

Take Phil Neville from Everton. His experience and nous in and around the club would be a help, even if he didn't play that much.

Then use and abuse his position with the England Under 21s to give us access to some players on loan and build some relationships with young players.

Good shout. The new Steve Palmer.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 09:16 - Apr 22 with 1172 viewsYorkRanger

Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 08:49 - Apr 22 by Neil_SI

Yes I'd be happy with Phil Neville.
Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 09:25 - Apr 22 with 1152 viewsloftboy

Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 09:16 - Apr 22 by YorkRanger

Yes I'd be happy with Phil Neville.

Neville Neville would probably do better than that shower on Saturday.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 09:41 - Apr 22 with 1132 viewsElHoop

Nolan will score you ten goals a season, whereas Neville hasn't scored ten goals ever, and he's 36 and he has a dodgy knee. So we'll probably end up signing him, but he's definitely not for me.

Nolan himself would be a great signing but there's no chance. Scott Parker is another non-scoring midfielder and we've got plenty of those already.

We need an experienced player/leader who can score goals at that level. Fat Frank would be perfect if he would join us, but I doubt that there's a hope in hell. Midfielders who can score reguarly are hard to find.
Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 10:25 - Apr 22 with 1094 viewsJonDoeman

We should have got him in the first place rather than Barton. Allardyce has made some great signings. Said all along, he knows his onions.

It Is What It Is !!

Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 10:34 - Apr 22 with 1082 viewsbosh67

Possibly Scott Parker if he can be lured. Possibly Richard Dunne as a CB.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 10:39 - Apr 22 with 1071 viewsHollowayRanger

WE DONT NEED anymore old players

we need young blood hungry to win and reach the premiership

derry hill to marshall taarabt and a couple of others to inject the flair plus young players to do the running and tackling

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 11:14 - Apr 22 with 1040 viewswood_hoop

Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 09:41 - Apr 22 by ElHoop

Nolan will score you ten goals a season, whereas Neville hasn't scored ten goals ever, and he's 36 and he has a dodgy knee. So we'll probably end up signing him, but he's definitely not for me.

Nolan himself would be a great signing but there's no chance. Scott Parker is another non-scoring midfielder and we've got plenty of those already.

We need an experienced player/leader who can score goals at that level. Fat Frank would be perfect if he would join us, but I doubt that there's a hope in hell. Midfielders who can score reguarly are hard to find.

Don't think there are many that would come to us of the sort many are looking for, unless either a big pay packet or maybe someone nearing the end of their career and QPR/London connections.

HR has to somehow re-galvanise some of the exsisting squad, repair the splits if the rumours are true, no easy task, we have some decent players and I just cannot believe they are as poor as they have shown up to now, there are other reasons for the almost complete non performances in many games.

Bringing in new blood may help but the roots of the team will probably still come from exsisting players, maybe HR has to be really ruthless with some and TF take it on the chin at what we are having to pay some if they are sidelined for long spells , if they don't take the hint, either gather dust with the reserves or look for another club.

New season means a clean slate for all the squad, the close season gives HR the time to not only bolster the squad but get behind whatever malaise is inflicting the players, money may be the root, those players on much smaller basics can be offered decent bonuses if we gain promotion, new players a decent basic but promotion brings the worthwile rewards, reward success but not failure, if promoted then relegated, salaries drop.

Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 11:18 - Apr 22 with 1029 viewsfakekerby

Helguson, please.
Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 11:23 - Apr 22 with 1023 viewskingsburyR

Not for the Kevin Nolan role but I would have championed Hoilett for a staring role in the Championship but.................. after Saturday????????

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 11:53 - Apr 22 with 984 viewstoboboly

How about we gat Matt Connolly, Kaspar Gorkss, Tommy Smith and HH back. Then utilise DJ (contract extension) and Cisse?

Get Bradley Orr back in instead of Bosingwa, try and loan Andros again. Play some of the youth and see if the unknown Korean is worth using at LB.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 12:06 - Apr 22 with 959 viewsngbqpr

Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 09:41 - Apr 22 by ElHoop

Think what both the OP & Neil were driving at is not so much a goalscoring midfielder, but what Nolan brings to the dressing room

Neville as a senior player maybe with coaching input (preferable to Cotterill) would do that, even if he was at most a squad player

A player who brings what Nolan brings as a regular starter would be good too

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 12:12 - Apr 22 with 935 viewsadhoc_qpr

I don't think we need one talismanic player - we just need to buy/loan/steal/beg players with the right attitude, build them together as a team thorough the summer and make the most respected senior professional captain.

And do all this while trying to shift 25 poisonous, overpaid wasters!

Easy...
Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 13:39 - Apr 22 with 874 viewsWestbourneR

Harry loves a talisman in the Champ - eg. Merson or Prosineki (sp.) and Yakubu was lethal too.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 19:24 - Apr 22 with 791 viewsJigsore

Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 09:01 - Apr 22 by ngbqpr

Good shout. The new Steve Palmer.

Bloody hell I thought you said Carlton Palmer. Him and Mackie in the same team lol

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 19:30 - Apr 22 with 772 viewsWestActon

Could he already be here in the shape of Jenas???
Who will be our Kevin Nolan? on 20:19 - Apr 22 with 718 viewsBAWHoops

Neville should be high on our list of targets. Not for his playing ability but his presence around the club and the fact he is a model professional. He will be able to do a job in a few games as well. As for the team......

.........................Green...................
Onouha.......Davies.....Hill.......Yun/Traore
............Diakite.....Jenas...Faurlin...........
Redmond.................................Mackie
.....................Rhodes.......................

Would be a more than decent Championship side I imagine.
The key is to get those midfield 3 playing to the best of their ability. If we can work out the winning formula with them we may have a somewhat decent season

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024