Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New blood 12:25 - Jan 27 with 4088 viewsfitzochris

I think it's obvious Hilly will bring new players to the club this week, his resolve aided even more by the fact he got to see his current crop in competitive action on Friday.

Taylor is one realistic name mentioned, but, again, it is a centre half we need.

We may even lose a player or two this week, so that will dictate where we need to strengthen too.

I fully trust Hilly to have the necessary players in mind... But who do we think they are?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New blood on 18:00 - Jan 27 with 1407 viewselectricblue

Ton kennedy as signed a contract at barnsley....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

New blood on 18:17 - Jan 27 with 1349 viewsBeefCurtain

Jason Taylor would be a great signing but do we need him?

Don't want Holness, too error prone for me and we need an experienced head alongside Edwards imo.

Definitely need another wide player too but no idea who's available on that front.

Everyone's had beef with beef curtain.

New blood on 18:20 - Jan 27 with 1343 viewsJorDale

New blood on 17:55 - Jan 27 by R442D

Taylor's ideal, defiantly a good signing if we can.

Be great if we can keep Kennedy too - any new word on that?

Tom Kennedy perhaps?
Wiseman?

Old players I know, but they know Hill and are proven full backs, good going forward too.

I hear we're in for a lad from Stockport/Wycombe.

Another midfielder and possible winger too I think -probably loans from Championship sides.

Think wiseman is captain at barnsley now? Tk not a regular though
New blood on 19:34 - Jan 27 with 1262 viewsboromat

New blood on 18:20 - Jan 27 by JorDale

Plus we have too many right backs as it is. A left back would help competition.

I think Taylor would be a good signing but we should only sign him if Kennedy leaves. Another winger would be nice. An experienced centre back to play alongside Bennett is a must.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

New blood on 19:40 - Jan 27 with 1246 views442Dale

New blood on 18:20 - Jan 27 by JorDale

Wiseman returned to the side yesterday after not really featuring since Flitcroft took over. Target of the boo-boys in Yorkshire and had lost the captaincy to Steele before Hill left.

Blackburn still interested apparently.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New blood on 19:59 - Jan 27 with 1214 viewsTomRAFC

we need someone to come in an be an experienced head at centre back and to give bennet some guidance because he could become a class act

i wouldn't mind seeing robbie williams back at the club as i thought he was a decent left back while he was with the club

taylor would be a great replacement if JK left.

a loanee winger would be a nice addition but that depends on how limited funds are.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

New blood on 20:02 - Jan 27 with 1204 viewsNotEyreClue

It's interesting that people think we need to get a defender in to partner Bennett. Even before his (Bennett's) poor performance at Cheltenham, I felt Phil Edwards is a definite at CB and nothing I've seen has changed my mind about that.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

New blood on 20:06 - Jan 27 with 1194 viewsClivert

New blood on 20:02 - Jan 27 by NotEyreClue

It's interesting that people think we need to get a defender in to partner Bennett. Even before his (Bennett's) poor performance at Cheltenham, I felt Phil Edwards is a definite at CB and nothing I've seen has changed my mind about that.

I'd like to see a bit of quality experience alongside Bennett, I think that he'd benefit from that 10fold.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Login to get fewer ads

New blood on 20:08 - Jan 27 with 1188 viewsNotEyreClue

New blood on 20:06 - Jan 27 by Clivert

I'd like to see a bit of quality experience alongside Bennett, I think that he'd benefit from that 10fold.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I agree that blooding him through will benefit us in the long run but for the remainder of the season I think experience is absolutely key. That being said, is his contract up at the end of the season? You'd like to think he'd sign a new one if it is but you never know...

New blood on 21:13 - Jan 27 with 1105 viewsShun

It isn't really anything to do with this thread, but can anybody remember a season where we had so few loan players? I make it only two so far (and one of them is now permanent). I wonder how many Eyre had had at this point last year?
New blood on 21:22 - Jan 27 with 1077 viewsTVOS1907

New blood on 21:13 - Jan 27 by Shun

It isn't really anything to do with this thread, but can anybody remember a season where we had so few loan players? I make it only two so far (and one of them is now permanent). I wonder how many Eyre had had at this point last year?

Eyre hadn't been manager for six weeks this time last year, but I get your point.

Anyway, up to his sacking, Eyre had used on loan:

Kean
Darby
Balkestein
Barnes-Homer
Ball (x2)
Benali
Eccleston
Bunn
Bergkamp

Beech brought in:

Kurucz
Bogdanovic
Ormerod

Coleman recruited:

Long
Symes
Edwards
Obadeyi
McConville

Us oldies remember the days when you could have a maximum of 5 in a season!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New blood on 21:23 - Jan 27 with 1072 viewsYadHoDale

1980-81. Chris Pearce was the only loanee I can remember that season.
New blood on 21:28 - Jan 27 with 1066 viewsfitzochris

New blood on 21:22 - Jan 27 by TVOS1907

Eyre hadn't been manager for six weeks this time last year, but I get your point.

Kean
Darby
Balkestein
Barnes-Homer
Ball (x2)
Benali
Eccleston
Bunn
Bergkamp

Beech brought in:

Kurucz
Bogdanovic
Ormerod

Coleman recruited:

Long
Symes
Edwards
Obadeyi
McConville

When you look at that, Beech brought in the best players in theory, just a shame both he, and they, replicated my local Indian... They failed to deliver.

New blood on 21:30 - Jan 27 with 1062 viewsTVOS1907

New blood on 21:23 - Jan 27 by YadHoDale

1980-81. Chris Pearce was the only loanee I can remember that season.

And he only played five league games before going back to Blackburn.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New blood on 23:59 - Jan 27 with 963 viewsPassmondsBlue

New blood on 20:02 - Jan 27 by NotEyreClue

He's Four foot six tall and when he jumps can get to a max height of three foot seven. Also can run as fast as that lady who serves the pies in the main stand cafe

We need to get rid and get a quality CH in

Poll: Do yoy think sweetcorn is an idiot

New blood on 00:09 - Jan 28 with 949 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Kean
Darby
Balkestein
Barnes-Homer
Ball (x2)
Benali
Eccleston
Bunn
Bergkamp

Beech brought in:

Kurucz
Bogdanovic
Ormerod

Coleman recruited:

Long
Symes
Edwards
Obadeyi
McConville

Whole lotta riff raff in there.
New blood on 01:50 - Jan 28 with 923 viewsAtThePeake

Possible Defenders:

Lubomir Michalik - Experienced, Strong, Tall? Not sure what his wages will be like but worth a look maybe?

Jon Harley - Another who's been released by Portsmouth for obvious reasons. Experienced again, could be decent competition for K-Mac until the end of the season?

Robbie Neilson - Played most of his career with Hearts in the SPL. Has played 1 game for Scotland. Don't ever recall seeing him play personally.

Carl Regan - Bit of a lower league journeyman over the last few seasons. Released by Notts Co recently, can play either side, experienced and solid enough from what I've seen.

Possible Wide Men:

Nathan Evans - Young ex-Newcastle winger. Can play both sides, is fast.

Andrew Welsh - Apparently on the loan list. Experienced in the lower leagues, decent player from what I've seen.

Tom Barkhuizen - Young Blackpool midfielder, may be available for loan. Was with Fleetwood earlier in the season, had a good game in the league fixture here.

Tangled up in blue.

New blood on 09:05 - Jan 28 with 857 viewselectricblue

Kean
Darby
Balkestein
Barnes-Homer
Ball (x2)
Benali
Eccleston
Bunn
Bergkamp

Beech brought in:

Kurucz
Bogdanovic
Ormerod

Coleman recruited:

Long
Symes
Edwards
Obadeyi
McConville

Best thing beech did was bring Kurucz in...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

New blood on 11:41 - Jan 28 with 756 viewsScunnydale

New blood on 09:05 - Jan 28 by electricblue

Best thing beech did was bring Kurucz in...

Aye, Darby, Kurucz and Long were decent. The rest were either rubbish or too much hassle.
New blood on 12:02 - Jan 28 with 717 viewsfitzochris

New blood on 01:50 - Jan 28 by AtThePeake

Possible Defenders:

Lubomir Michalik - Experienced, Strong, Tall? Not sure what his wages will be like but worth a look maybe?

Jon Harley - Another who's been released by Portsmouth for obvious reasons. Experienced again, could be decent competition for K-Mac until the end of the season?

Robbie Neilson - Played most of his career with Hearts in the SPL. Has played 1 game for Scotland. Don't ever recall seeing him play personally.

Carl Regan - Bit of a lower league journeyman over the last few seasons. Released by Notts Co recently, can play either side, experienced and solid enough from what I've seen.

Possible Wide Men:

Nathan Evans - Young ex-Newcastle winger. Can play both sides, is fast.

Andrew Welsh - Apparently on the loan list. Experienced in the lower leagues, decent player from what I've seen.

Tom Barkhuizen - Young Blackpool midfielder, may be available for loan. Was with Fleetwood earlier in the season, had a good game in the league fixture here.

I work with both a Jambo and an Arab (we've done all the jokes, don't worry) and, when asked, both said Nielsen is decent. The Tangerine described him as a greedy barsteward, however.

Both said he is too good for us too, but they say that about every Scottish player... and I laugh... loudly.

New blood on 12:08 - Jan 28 with 706 viewsdingdangblue

Think that will change now. With Hills short contract we can't do anything but sign loan players till the end of season.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New blood on 18:43 - Jan 28 with 542 viewsNotEyreClue

New blood on 23:59 - Jan 27 by PassmondsBlue

He's Four foot six tall and when he jumps can get to a max height of three foot seven. Also can run as fast as that lady who serves the pies in the main stand cafe

We need to get rid and get a quality CH in

Whilst he isn't big for a centre half, he's definitely got a leap on him and gets outjumped no more than any other centre half we've got. He's also deceptively quick when he needs to be so I'm not sure where you're coming from there and having said that, there are plenty of quality CBs out there with little or next to no pace.

Bennett could well develop into a fine player but if it's a choice between him or P.Edwards now, I choose Edwards everytime (especially until the end of the season) as he is a more capable and experienced defender.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024