Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Rave Tune 13:53 - Dec 7 with 9942 viewsGloucs_R

I know some old skool ravers lurk here.....what was the best tune for the Rave era? **requires You Tube clip**

Poll: Are we staying up?

Best Rave Tune on 15:56 - Dec 7 with 998 viewsW7Ranger

Best Rave Tune on 15:59 - Dec 7 with 993 viewslondonscottish

Carnival 1997. Walking down the top of Ladbroke Grove on my way to Norman Jay and Sancho Panza and this kicks off from the sound system under the water tower. Not this mix, the one with the thundering baseline. Set me up nicely for the following six hours....

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Best Rave Tune on 16:01 - Dec 7 with 992 viewsPacal_Votan

Best Rave Tune on 15:47 - Dec 7 by W7Ranger

I know Finn and Philly too mate. They are absolute top people. He's very passionate about The Pirate Club and Roller Express Reunion, and puts so much time and effort into organising these do's.

But no it's not White Gloves or anything like that. Just a lot of the orignal ravers come along and have a good time. The atmosphere's brilliant and have met so many top people this last year. The first time round was just before my time. So I'm playing catch up and loving it.

Who do you know that's playing on the night fella? I know a couple of the DJ's.

I wasn't saying there was white gloves or anything. I nearly went last NYE but didn't.
they've actually bought that gaff haven't they?
I know Medz.
They used to do the castle in Camden and on boats on the Thames and i remember one at Alperton community centre plus they did the rocket and then on to roller express and then they folded..... but now they're back...AHARRRR!!!!!

"Try the whine!!!"

Best Rave Tune on 16:16 - Dec 7 with 980 viewsbrewers_hoop

Best Rave Tune on 16:19 - Dec 7 with 973 viewsW7Ranger

Best Rave Tune on 16:01 - Dec 7 by Pacal_Votan

I wasn't saying there was white gloves or anything. I nearly went last NYE but didn't.
they've actually bought that gaff haven't they?
I know Medz.
They used to do the castle in Camden and on boats on the Thames and i remember one at Alperton community centre plus they did the rocket and then on to roller express and then they folded..... but now they're back...AHARRRR!!!!!

Aah don't know Medz, but seen him on the line up.

Last NYE was our first ever Pirate do! We weren't originally going anywhere at all on NYE, but a mate treated me and my missus to 2 tkts to go to this do with him and his mates. Didn't know what to expect. Met up at The Torch Pub for a couple of drinks before walking down towards the Stadium. Once we got inside....WOW!!! Blow us away!! Wicked people, wicked atmosphere, bangin' tunes!!

On the back of that night, we've been to 2 or 3 more do's, a massive House Party and made about 50 new friends!!!

Hence why we've offered to sell tickets for this one, just as a way of thanking Finn and helping him get as many people through the door as possible.

Best Rave Tune on 16:27 - Dec 7 with 961 viewsPacal_Votan

Best Rave Tune on 16:19 - Dec 7 by W7Ranger

Aah don't know Medz, but seen him on the line up.

Last NYE was our first ever Pirate do! We weren't originally going anywhere at all on NYE, but a mate treated me and my missus to 2 tkts to go to this do with him and his mates. Didn't know what to expect. Met up at The Torch Pub for a couple of drinks before walking down towards the Stadium. Once we got inside....WOW!!! Blow us away!! Wicked people, wicked atmosphere, bangin' tunes!!

On the back of that night, we've been to 2 or 3 more do's, a massive House Party and made about 50 new friends!!!

Hence why we've offered to sell tickets for this one, just as a way of thanking Finn and helping him get as many people through the door as possible.

They are a top bunch and they do throw a good party.

"Try the whine!!!"

Best Rave Tune on 16:30 - Dec 7 with 959 viewsPacal_Votan

Best Rave Tune on 16:27 - Dec 7 by Pacal_Votan

Old Pirate tune by one of their old dj's, Face.

"Try the whine!!!"

Best Rave Tune on 16:36 - Dec 7 with 954 viewsW7Ranger

Best Rave Tune on 16:27 - Dec 7 by Pacal_Votan

Indeed they do shipmate!

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Login to get fewer ads

Best Rave Tune on 16:54 - Dec 7 with 950 viewsbaz_qpr

Best Rave Tune on 13:58 - Dec 7 by baz_qpr

Ahhh what's the bloody video embed tag

Ahh I see it does not work with the youtube share tag you have to use the browser URL.

Clive when is this software update coming?
Best Rave Tune on 17:09 - Dec 7 with 942 viewsW7Ranger

So is there anyone who's interested in this NYE bash then???? It's gonna be a good'un!!

Best Rave Tune on 17:09 - Dec 7 with 940 viewsklr

This is more like it

Anyone on here go to World Dance back in the day ?

Voodoo Magic @ Equinox Leicester Square, Desire @ The Rocket Holloway Road, Elevation @ Crystal Palace National Sports Centre, Bagleys, AWOL, Metalheadz @ Blue Note, never going to see anything like that in our lifetimes again.

A couple of years too young for Roller Express, Tasco Warehouse & places like that, but experienced the peak of the rave scene, 94-96, truly amazing period for youth culture.
Best Rave Tune on 17:12 - Dec 7 with 937 viewsklr

Best Rave Tune on 17:09 - Dec 7 by klr

This is more like it

Voodoo Magic @ Equinox Leicester Square, Desire @ The Rocket Holloway Road, Elevation @ Crystal Palace National Sports Centre, Bagleys, AWOL, Metalheadz @ Blue Note, never going to see anything like that in our lifetimes again.

A couple of years too young for Roller Express, Tasco Warehouse & places like that, but experienced the peak of the rave scene, 94-96, truly amazing period for youth culture.

Goodness Gracious me, they dont make 'em like that anymore.

Almost beggars belief how sh!t "music" has become to what it was like in the nineties, Dappy, Calvin Harris & all the rest of them would have been laughed out of town.
Best Rave Tune on 17:17 - Dec 7 with 936 viewsPacal_Votan

"Try the whine!!!"

Best Rave Tune on 17:18 - Dec 7 with 934 viewsW7Ranger

Best Rave Tune on 17:09 - Dec 7 by klr

This is more like it

Even tho' the "proper" rave scene was just before my time, I would say the "peak" of it was earlier than 94-96. I would say probably 88-92. Like I say, before my time so can't really say it with conviction. I'm just going by what people tell me who were around at this time and are re-living it now...
Best Rave Tune on 17:21 - Dec 7 with 924 viewsklr

One of the last truly great Drum & Bass tunes before it all started dying off for good in 1997/1998..................

Best Rave Tune on 17:25 - Dec 7 with 918 viewsklr

Will never forget hearing this one drop on an Eskimo Noise sound system Metalheadz @ Heaven, think it was August Bank Holiday 1996

Best Rave Tune on 17:25 - Dec 7 with 917 viewsPacal_Votan

Best Rave Tune on 17:18 - Dec 7 by W7Ranger

Even tho' the "proper" rave scene was just before my time, I would say the "peak" of it was earlier than 94-96. I would say probably 88-92. Like I say, before my time so can't really say it with conviction. I'm just going by what people tell me who were around at this time and are re-living it now...

It alway's peaks at certain times especially since it go so fragmented.

plenty of top parties out to be found around the world in various beautiful sites.

"Try the whine!!!"

Best Rave Tune on 17:41 - Dec 7 with 902 viewsW7Ranger

Best Rave Tune on 17:25 - Dec 7 by Pacal_Votan

It alway's peaks at certain times especially since it go so fragmented.

plenty of top parties out to be found around the world in various beautiful sites.

For example. Went to a Boat Party a few weeks back on an old East German Warship called MS Stubnitz on the Thames near Docklands!!! Old skool, underground and deep upfront house... Absolutely brilliant night/morning!!

There's also a Event called Encapsulated Energy that is held at The Azur Pavillion in Hastings next Easter. It's right on the seafront. Again, all Old Skool!

Best Rave Tune on 17:46 - Dec 7 with 897 viewsPacal_Votan

Best Rave Tune on 17:41 - Dec 7 by W7Ranger

For example. Went to a Boat Party a few weeks back on an old East German Warship called MS Stubnitz on the Thames near Docklands!!! Old skool, underground and deep upfront house... Absolutely brilliant night/morning!!

There's also a Event called Encapsulated Energy that is held at The Azur Pavillion in Hastings next Easter. It's right on the seafront. Again, all Old Skool!

Yeah that Stubnitz is pretty cool, nearly went on it at that pleasure garden thing that the old bill stopped. Richie Hawtin was playing in there but it was rammed so i blew it out.

"Try the whine!!!"

Best Rave Tune on 17:49 - Dec 7 with 893 viewsW7Ranger

Best Rave Tune on 17:46 - Dec 7 by Pacal_Votan

Yeah that Stubnitz is pretty cool, nearly went on it at that pleasure garden thing that the old bill stopped. Richie Hawtin was playing in there but it was rammed so i blew it out.

What a ship....farking ma-hoooo-siff!!!!

Wicked party!
Best Rave Tune on 17:50 - Dec 7 with 893 viewsRS44

Can't up load from you tube at the moment, but injected with poison was an absolute banger!

Best Rave Tune on 17:52 - Dec 7 with 890 viewsPacal_Votan

"Try the whine!!!"

Best Rave Tune on 17:54 - Dec 7 with 887 viewsW7Ranger

Best Rave Tune on 17:50 - Dec 7 by RS44

Can't up load from you tube at the moment, but injected with poison was an absolute banger!

There's a rainbow inside yer miiiiiiii'hiiiiind!!

Best Rave Tune on 17:54 - Dec 7 with 886 viewsklr

Best Rave Tune on 17:52 - Dec 7 by Pacal_Votan

Another classic from that era.................

The complete opposite of the music they are knocking out today, so original, so wicked.
Best Rave Tune on 17:59 - Dec 7 with 885 viewsPacal_Votan

Plenty of good music around these days still.

"Try the whine!!!"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024