Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? 16:17 - Oct 21 with 15805 viewsMoonyDale

Can't see there being more to be honest, not looking forward to this one......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:22 - Oct 21 with 1996 viewsColDale

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:06 - Oct 21 by TVOS1907

I remember him being sent off in Mexico '86 at the same time as Bryan Robson was being taken off with another shoulder injury.

I think there WERE Mexican Waves that day.

and a Dale flag in the backgound
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:23 - Oct 21 with 1983 viewsTVOS1907

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:22 - Oct 21 by ColDale

and a Dale flag in the backgound

Good call. Wonder who it was?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:23 - Oct 21 with 1979 viewsroccydaleian

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 21:36 - Oct 21 by Thacks_Rabbits

He is pretty funny tbh

Nope, still a boring tw@t.
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 01:09 - Oct 22 with 1924 viewsgizmo

wtf has this rambling got to do with the OP?

cant believe its nt been publicised or promoted by the club, they really need to get their arses in gear with the commercial side.

Don't miss the donut by looking through the hole.

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 09:33 - Oct 22 with 1868 viewsPDIDDY

gigg and grotland wont get 4k between em on tues,i'll be at one ofem wont i tvos

Gissa job

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 09:44 - Oct 22 with 1861 views442Dale

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 01:09 - Oct 22 by gizmo

cant believe its nt been publicised or promoted by the club, they really need to get their arses in gear with the commercial side.

Every single day at a club our size should be concentrated on promotion of the next match.

There should be weekly meetings looking ahead to the next game. These would involve club personnel from board/chief exec level; marketing, commercial and media departments; catering and bar managers.

Do all these individuals know what the others do and whether they can assist each other? Make the job easier by sharing the tasks.

Whatever goes on out on the pitch should almost become irrelevant when it comes to providing a positive experience for all fans that visit a football club, it's all about concentrating on what goes on before the whistle blows. If hardly any are turning up because the football is rubbish, there's no reason why they can't enjoy themselves before their team spoil things a bit. There's more chance of them regularly attending along with friends and family irrespective of results, and that has to be an aim for any small club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 10:47 - Oct 22 with 1805 viewsD_Alien

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 01:09 - Oct 22 by gizmo

The inconsequential rambling is due to the fact that any efforts on our part to make positive suggestions falls on deaf ears

I admire 442's efforts to conjure some basic degree of competence from the club, but if it's read at all it's met with closed minds

We're just a nuisance, aren't we

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 10:59 - Oct 22 with 1790 views442Dale

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 10:47 - Oct 22 by D_Alien

The inconsequential rambling is due to the fact that any efforts on our part to make positive suggestions falls on deaf ears

I admire 442's efforts to conjure some basic degree of competence from the club, but if it's read at all it's met with closed minds

We're just a nuisance, aren't we

In reality it wasn't much effort at all!

Just the time taken to type it. Any of the recent ideas (MotM texts, Christmas Draw tickets, the drivel above) were evolved while actually posting.

I'm amazed there aren't others who can actually act upon such things aren't constantly coming up with ideas too. It's all very simple.

Login to get fewer ads

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 12:05 - Oct 22 with 1746 viewsgizmo

as someone who isnt a goldbond member, im unsure of this so il ask..

is there anything even printed on the back of the goldbond tickets (are there tickets??) to promote up coming matches?

even the council allowing a space on a noticeboard in the town centre somewhere which promotes sport in the town...the club, the egg chasers, and any other town teams we have.
what would that cost?

peanuts.

Don't miss the donut by looking through the hole.

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 12:09 - Oct 22 with 1742 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

The only positive what came out of this weekend we were featured in Friday's MEN Franchise Paper and by the article they read whats been said on here

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 12:19 - Oct 22 with 1720 viewsRayWilkins

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:23 - Oct 21 by roccydaleian

Nope, still a boring tw@t.

A tad harsh I feel but again it's an opinion that needs respecting and listening to, a shame really as we share the same taste in music - some world class tunes that the boy Simmonds has in his locker and some tremendous tongue work also, marvellous.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

'My word'

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 13:00 - Oct 22 with 1679 viewsTVOS1907

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 12:05 - Oct 22 by gizmo

as someone who isnt a goldbond member, im unsure of this so il ask..

is there anything even printed on the back of the goldbond tickets (are there tickets??) to promote up coming matches?

even the council allowing a space on a noticeboard in the town centre somewhere which promotes sport in the town...the club, the egg chasers, and any other town teams we have.
what would that cost?

peanuts.

The back of the Goldbond results sheets are a bit hit and miss.

Occasionally there are matches advertised, but for the most part it's Heywood Market, some car repair firm and where to get your will written for £25.

The back of the Xmas Draw tickets have an advert for the Ratcliffe Bars.

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 14:01 - Oct 22 with 1635 views442Dale

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 13:00 - Oct 22 by TVOS1907

Occasionally there are matches advertised, but for the most part it's Heywood Market, some car repair firm and where to get your will written for £25.

And as people will be checking them at the time, the Christmas home fixtures too?

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 14:38 - Oct 22 with 1602 viewsaleanddale

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 13:00 - Oct 22 by TVOS1907

All of which are welcome as i assume they generate some revenue stream - all be it a small one for the club.

It is a crying shame if we cant get 2000 on a Tuesday especially with it being half term.

Champions league is just killing all the smaller clubs, that and permiership football live in a pub at 3pm any given Saturday.

We will not recognise 4th tier football in 10 years whilst the Prem fat cats just get richer and richer.

The gap is growing at an alarming rate and when Rooney & co can earn in 5 weeks as an individual what most league 2 clubs operate the entire playing budget for 12 months then there is something seriously wrong!!
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 15:35 - Oct 22 with 1568 viewsdeezel

i've just noticed Trevor Kettle is reffing....i feel sorry for the hardy* fans (and the players tbf ect)

*not the author
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 15:51 - Oct 22 with 1465 viewsTalkingSutty

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 09:44 - Oct 22 by 442Dale

Every single day at a club our size should be concentrated on promotion of the next match.

There should be weekly meetings looking ahead to the next game. These would involve club personnel from board/chief exec level; marketing, commercial and media departments; catering and bar managers.

Do all these individuals know what the others do and whether they can assist each other? Make the job easier by sharing the tasks.

Whatever goes on out on the pitch should almost become irrelevant when it comes to providing a positive experience for all fans that visit a football club, it's all about concentrating on what goes on before the whistle blows. If hardly any are turning up because the football is rubbish, there's no reason why they can't enjoy themselves before their team spoil things a bit. There's more chance of them regularly attending along with friends and family irrespective of results, and that has to be an aim for any small club.

Some good points there. There is only one thing about tomorrows pilgrimage up to Spotland that i can guarantee will bring me enjoyment. Sad to say its nothing to do with the football matchday experience whatsoever.

Fish and chips from Willbutts chippy is one of the things that makes night matches for me a better experience (although the portions are getting smaller),i sometimes think the club see the fans as some sort of hinderance !!
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 16:14 - Oct 22 with 1435 viewsTVOS1907

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 14:01 - Oct 22 by 442Dale

And as people will be checking them at the time, the Christmas home fixtures too?

Erm, no!

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 19:09 - Oct 22 with 1305 viewsPerthDale

A Sub 2000 crowd? Is that why the club have taken the game to a smaller venue?

BBC Sport:-

NPOWER LEAGUE TWO
Venue: Castleton Sports Centre Date: Tuesday, 23 October Kick-off: 19:45 BST
Coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio 5 live, BBC Radio Manchester, BBC Oxford

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19958385

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 19:24 - Oct 22 with 1285 viewsTVOS1907

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 19:09 - Oct 22 by PerthDale

A Sub 2000 crowd? Is that why the club have taken the game to a smaller venue?

BBC Sport:-

NPOWER LEAGUE TWO
Venue: Castleton Sports Centre Date: Tuesday, 23 October Kick-off: 19:45 BST
Coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio 5 live, BBC Radio Manchester, BBC Oxford

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19958385

Tazzy will be loving that.

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 19:26 - Oct 22 with 1281 viewsDoris

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 19:24 - Oct 22 by TVOS1907

Tazzy will be loving that.

Why are we playing in derbyshire,thats a bit close to france.
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 19:29 - Oct 22 with 1273 viewsTVOS1907

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 19:26 - Oct 22 by Doris

Why are we playing in derbyshire,thats a bit close to france.

I think it's the home ground of Rochdale Town, formerly Cassy Gabs and one of the teams Taz always lists in his alternative fixtures.

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 19:31 - Oct 22 with 1264 viewsDoris

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 19:29 - Oct 22 by TVOS1907

I think it's the home ground of Rochdale Town, formerly Cassy Gabs and one of the teams Taz always lists in his alternative fixtures.

I know the place well ,i played in the first game to be played on it many moons ago.
EDIT
A seconds v first game was played in about 84 to kick off the manchester amatuer season ,i was in the seconds net and i think chris shyne was in the firsts net.
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 20:13 - Oct 22 with 1234 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 19:29 - Oct 22 by TVOS1907

well its a grassroots Local football club just like Rochdale Sacred Heart and Rochdale St Clements

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 20:20 - Oct 22 with 1220 viewsTVOS1907

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 19:31 - Oct 22 by Doris

I know the place well ,i played in the first game to be played on it many moons ago.
EDIT
A seconds v first game was played in about 84 to kick off the manchester amatuer season ,i was in the seconds net and i think chris shyne was in the firsts net.

A sadly departed ex-Dale player.

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 20:48 - Oct 22 with 1188 viewsDoris

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 20:20 - Oct 22 by TVOS1907

A sadly departed ex-Dale player.

True ,didnt realise how good he was until i tried to take his place in the gabs first team ,only got about 6 games in the 2 years i played there.Never forgive Tommy Butterworth always calling me stuart ,he did it on purpose.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024