Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jay 09:23 - Aug 15 with 1176 viewsTheBlob

What are your abiding memories of JB?A header against Citeh at home.....er.....
.........ummm.........that's it I'm afraid...

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/qpr-striker-heading-towards-shef

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Jay on 09:26 - Aug 15 with 1160 viewsTonto

scored at Spuds and nearly started an epic come back.

but ultimately he poved once again he isnt a prmiership footballer.

Worth the punt on a free transfer IMO - shame it didn't work out. If we get a fee then it workls out well for everyone!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Jay on 09:28 - Aug 15 with 1147 viewsadhoc_qpr

Slouching around on the wing when we desperately need some presence in the opposition box mainly!

Some of his hold up play was excellent at times (Villa and Newcastle at home) but he was hugely frustrating.

With Betty and DJ following HH out the door are we starting to look a striker short upfront?
Jay on 09:33 - Aug 15 with 1124 viewswestberksr

have to say that it was very frustrating watching him play as if he was a winger most of the time!

looked good on the ball but just always in hte wrong place, should have stayed in the box and done the job required.

also looks like one of those players that is a big time Charlie and beleives his own hype; may not actually be like that but certainly gives that impression. Would have won me over a bit more had he looked like he gave a shite.

will do a good job in the CCC, good for that level.
Jay on 09:34 - Aug 15 with 1115 viewsKevinPR

His goal for Cardiff against us...
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Jay on 09:36 - Aug 15 with 1107 viewssmegma

The best performance I remember was in the blue of Cardiff. The 2-2 draw on St Georges Day he was unplayable. As was Adel that day.
Jay on 09:40 - Aug 15 with 1087 viewsdaveB

the frustrating thing is there is a good player inside him waiting to come out, he's got the ability but just seems to lack a bit of aggression. I thought he was very good in the first half of his debut and he looked good against Man CIty but sadly that was about it.
Jay on 09:40 - Aug 15 with 1083 viewsJeff

Jay on 09:36 - Aug 15 by smegma

The best performance I remember was in the blue of Cardiff. The 2-2 draw on St Georges Day he was unplayable. As was Adel that day.

agreed with Smegma, his performance against us in the 2-2 draw was incredible - still don't know how he scored that 25 yarder.

however in our colours few and far between - against Man City and Spurs he was pretty good, but generally looked disinterested the rest of the time. Of course you can use all caveats about lack of game time and lack of opportunities/run in the team, but he just never looked like he was going to change a game - would you prefer DJ Campbell (now Andy Johnson...) or Bothroyd to come off the bench if you need to snatch something?

remember when we signed Macheda, and both Bothroyd and Macheda did that drifting off to the wing thing, and they both ended up in the same spot on the wing, on more than one occasion...
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Can we not knock it?

Jay on 09:45 - Aug 15 with 1067 viewsBluce_Ree

He's the new Mike Sheron. Clearly has some ability but put him in front of goal and he folds.

Newcastle at home was one of the best QPR performances ever but he squandered chance after chance.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Login to get fewer ads

Jay on 09:49 - Aug 15 with 1044 viewsWeaverQPR

He has all the ability to be the real deal but he's now 30 yrs old so its looking likely to be a career of what might have been.

@WeavQPR

Jay on 09:54 - Aug 15 with 1032 viewsJonDoeman

Getting his Uggs cut up.........................tart.

It Is What It Is !!

Jay on 10:22 - Aug 15 with 972 viewswaveydave

Being frustrated seeing him loosing every aerial ball and being pushed off the ball
Jay on 11:04 - Aug 15 with 874 viewsFearless

As Per the consensus - very frustrating player who just didn't seem Interested.

I remember a corner at Anfield where someone like Helgy would have dived forward to try and get a head on the ball - JB lent backwards and dangled a foot out.

Won't be sad to see him go.
Jay on 11:28 - Aug 15 with 831 viewsrobith

A player who always seemed devoid of confidence to me. At times it felt like he was almost intentionally making the wrong move as he seemed terrified of having the ball and making a mistake
Jay on 11:40 - Aug 15 with 808 viewsNorthKen

My abiding memory of him is non-QPR. That England appearance did him no favours at all.
Jay on 11:45 - Aug 15 with 797 viewsJamie

Terrified of 50-50s and no composure infront of goal.

At his best he's a Championship flat track bully. Said last summer that even in our desperate state he wasn't good enough for the Prem and would never score again like he did in that 8 week period.
Jay on 11:49 - Aug 15 with 790 viewsjonno

Hopefully off to Sheff Wed with Dave Jones and another waster is off the books.
Jay on 12:10 - Aug 15 with 763 viewsTacticalR

Jay on 09:45 - Aug 15 by Bluce_Ree

He's the new Mike Sheron. Clearly has some ability but put him in front of goal and he folds.

Newcastle at home was one of the best QPR performances ever but he squandered chance after chance.

I have to agree with the Sheron comparison.

If he could only get some more power into his game. Last season at home to Stoke he had the ball at the edge of the box and did exactly the right thing (and the only the only thing he could do given the position of other players) which was take a shot, towards exactly the right area of the goal. There was just no power in the shot.

I have said it before but...a man for whom the word 'unconvincing' was invented.

Air hostess clique

Jay on 12:17 - Aug 15 with 733 viewsEalingRanger

Just devoid of any kind of confidence really. Clearly has some talent but refused to show it at any point last season. I think things might have been different had he scored a couple of those sitters against Newcastle at home.
Jay on 12:23 - Aug 15 with 727 viewsR_from_afar

At the time, I thought it was a good signing, a bit of a coup even, but he simply hasn't put in enough effort or shown enough determination and heart.

I hope he can put that right elsewhere, without it leading to his new club defeating QPR, of course.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024