Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
rangers not wanted.. 18:33 - Jun 25 with 7107 viewselectricblue

It seems that 5 teams in the SPL dont want rangers back and thus may have to play in the lower leagues....
I say good on yer whoever these 5 teams are stick to yer guns and dont be bullied into changing yer mind...
I hope our FA are watching this.....
Im all for team going to administration or liguidation starting in a much lower league..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

rangers not wanted.. on 21:05 - Jun 28 with 1379 viewsBartRowou

All sounds a bit "middle earth" does all that.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

rangers not wanted.. on 21:16 - Jun 28 with 1363 viewsPerthDale

rangers not wanted.. on 09:04 - Jun 26 by fitzochris

The latest being put forward is that Dunfermline will be saved from relegation and Rangers will take their place in Division One.

This could be ensured by the First Division and SPL merging, which is being discussed at the minute, effectively giving us an SPL1 and SPL2 (a bit like the Budesliga but nowhere near as good).

There's a lot of surprise up here that SPL clubs are planning to vote the way they say, given they're effectively cutting off a regular source of income at least twice a season. However, to the neutral, it's refreshing that these clubs have made a stand.

The SPL will ultimately suffer from Rangers' absence, but that's nobody's fault but Rangers'. Initially, at least, there will be a lot of interest in Scottish football, as it will be the first time in Rangers' history that they've played outwith the top tier. Media sorts will be keen to see how they get on. Once that novelty wears thin, however, who knows what will happen?

On the clubs voting to prevent Rangers entering the SPL, I think they p***ed a lot of clubs off by taking the SFA to court. Also, I'm not sure that a visit of Rangers brings that much benefit these days. When they come to Perth these days they only increase the crowd by about two thousand, then the club has increased policing and stewarding costs.

Also, the SPL clubs have been wanting to curb the voting power of the Old Firm for a while now and this gives them the opportunity to force that through. At present any significant change needs an 11 to 1 majority, meaning the Old Firm can veto any change that goes against their interest.

As for the reorganisation, aren't they also wanting to regionalise the lower leagues? I know there are plans for a Highland league and a Lowland League, but I can't remember what was going to happen with the rest.
rangers not wanted.. on 21:22 - Jun 28 with 1356 viewsphomem

rangers not wanted.. on 21:16 - Jun 28 by PerthDale

On the clubs voting to prevent Rangers entering the SPL, I think they p***ed a lot of clubs off by taking the SFA to court. Also, I'm not sure that a visit of Rangers brings that much benefit these days. When they come to Perth these days they only increase the crowd by about two thousand, then the club has increased policing and stewarding costs.

Also, the SPL clubs have been wanting to curb the voting power of the Old Firm for a while now and this gives them the opportunity to force that through. At present any significant change needs an 11 to 1 majority, meaning the Old Firm can veto any change that goes against their interest.

As for the reorganisation, aren't they also wanting to regionalise the lower leagues? I know there are plans for a Highland league and a Lowland League, but I can't remember what was going to happen with the rest.

The bbc article linked above has about low and highlands leagues
rangers not wanted.. on 21:38 - Jun 28 with 1345 viewsPerthDale

rangers not wanted.. on 12:33 - Jun 26 by DaleAwaydayBot

didnt Gretna have to start at Bottom when they Folded why should Gers get any special treatment?

Gretna were initially relegated to Division Three as a result of their financial meltdown, but the club then folded. The re-formed club then successfully applied to the East of Scotland League, which is, effectively, the bottom.

Why not relegate Rangers lower than Div One? The thinking could be that the opposing clubs are just too small to cope with such a club. A couple of clubs - Dumbarton and East Fife - have grounds that consist of a single stand with a capacity of 2000ish. Could they really cope with the Ibrox travelling support?

As a compromise they could put them in Div One and give a massive points deduction. Even that probably wouldn't prevent them getting promoted.
rangers not wanted.. on 22:00 - Jun 28 with 1330 viewsPerthDale

rangers not wanted.. on 12:23 - Jun 26 by fermin

As far as I understand it there is now a vacancy in the SFL to which clubs outside the league can apply. This includes the new Rangers and perhaps regular non-League applicants such as Spartans - similar to the old reelection process down here. Raith and Falkirk have already said they oppose putting the new Rangers in Division 1 (aka SPL2 if that goes through); not sure on their views about Division 3:

http://www.raithrovers.net/3766/statement-of-board-of-directors.htm

At the moment there isn't a vacancy anywhere, and there won't be until the EGM of the SPL (4th July?). If they are expelled then either Dunfermline or Dundee take their place.

The vacancy would then be in the SFL, and the decision would then be up to the remaining 29clubs. In theory any club could apply for the vacancy but I'm sure the SFA would want to push through its league reorganisation and use some 'incentives' to persuade the clubs to vote Rangers in.

If the SPL1/SPL2 thing comes about then the idea is that the whole league structure comes under the control of the SFA, so they will have a big say.
rangers not wanted.. on 22:28 - Jun 28 with 1319 viewsPerthDale

rangers not wanted.. on 21:05 - Jun 28 by BartRowou

You're not far wrong there. Some of the junior leagues, particularly in the west of Scotland, are like the 'land that time forgot'. Some of them have been big clubs in the past, when junior football was very popular, some have even been in the league many decades ago. Some of the grounds haven't changed since the 40s, and some look as though they haven't been maintained in that time either.

Benburb, just around the corner from Ibrox, attracted crowds of up to 20,000 when my grandparents used to watch them (1920s), and the (very dilapidated) ground today still has a massive terraced stand on one side - catering for crowds of around 100.

There was a fantastic website on Scottish non-league football which had details and pictures of all clubs in the country, but it seems to have disappeared recently.
rangers not wanted.. on 22:42 - Jun 28 with 1310 views442Dale

rangers not wanted.. on 21:05 - Jun 28 by BartRowou

Using quotation marks doesn't make it any less real.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

rangers not wanted.. on 23:05 - Jun 28 with 1297 viewsTVOS1907

rangers not wanted.. on 22:42 - Jun 28 by 442Dale

Using quotation marks doesn't make it any less real.

Can you keep your punctuation and grammatical conversations to another thread?

Thanks.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

rangers not wanted.. on 21:45 - Jul 1 with 1236 viewsphomem

Lawyers to decide on where rangers start as they have no precident to work from!
rangers not wanted.. on 21:47 - Jul 1 with 1229 viewsSuddenLad

rangers not wanted.. on 21:45 - Jul 1 by phomem

Lawyers to decide on where rangers start as they have no precident to work from!

Could be the Isthmian League then. Let them set the precedent !

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

rangers not wanted.. on 21:49 - Jul 1 with 1226 viewsfitzochris

rangers not wanted.. on 21:45 - Jul 1 by phomem

Aggggh! All day at work, all night on the news, even in my sleep now... let's ban the exploits of the cheating Billy big bollox from the Dale forum henceforth.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

rangers not wanted.. on 09:47 - Jul 2 with 1143 viewselectricblue

I can actually see some back pedaling here by the SFA..
Thats from just reading between the lines of various reports here and there at the end of the Rangers does not exist anymore so it would be prudent to place rangers in the third division and limit their tickets..
Rangers lost their league status when they went t1ts up and thus the right to play league football, there is a huge lession to be learned from all this by every football club on this planet but will they learn from it?....no because greed in football it like owning a bank in the 21st century
Also the SFA should help these lower league clubs with the policing of such matches etc..
Its the only way in my eyes any way...

rangers not wanted.. on 10:00 - Jul 2 with 1133 viewsfermin

rangers not wanted.. on 09:47 - Jul 2 by electricblue

I can actually see some back pedaling here by the SFA..
Thats from just reading between the lines of various reports here and there at the end of the Rangers does not exist anymore so it would be prudent to place rangers in the third division and limit their tickets..
Rangers lost their league status when they went t1ts up and thus the right to play league football, there is a huge lession to be learned from all this by every football club on this planet but will they learn from it?....no because greed in football it like owning a bank in the 21st century
Also the SFA should help these lower league clubs with the policing of such matches etc..
Its the only way in my eyes any way...

Good statement from third division Clyde on the matter:

http://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2012/06/30/4134/

rangers not wanted.. on 11:24 - Jul 2 with 1092 viewselectricblue

rangers not wanted.. on 10:00 - Jul 2 by fermin

Good statement from third division Clyde on the matter:

http://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2012/06/30/4134/

now that is interesting..
More to this than meets the eye......
i will watch to see what the overall outcome will be...
if more clubs take the same attitude like clyde and make a stance then surely things have to change...
could this mean a breakaway scottish league/s as the SPl and The SFA have not got the best interests of clubs other than whats in the scottish prem.....i wonder..

rangers not wanted.. on 19:53 - Jul 3 with 1019 viewselectricblue

Looks like Motherwell have become the 8th club to vote against newco.
May aswell get the rest of the premier to go the whole hog to say no to newco...

rangers not wanted.. on 12:00 - Jul 4 with 930 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

SFL vote is confirmed for Next Thursday

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

rangers not wanted.. on 12:32 - Jul 4 with 915 viewsfitzochris

rangers not wanted.. on 12:00 - Jul 4 by DaleAwaydayBot

SFL vote is confirmed for Next Thursday

The SPL may yet surprise us all by doing a geet big fook off U-turn this afternoon.

rangers not wanted.. on 12:46 - Jul 4 with 893 viewselectricblue

rangers not wanted.. on 12:32 - Jul 4 by fitzochris

The SPL may yet surprise us all by doing a geet big fook off U-turn this afternoon.

Now that would not surprise me at all.
More so where there is money involved..

rangers not wanted.. on 13:47 - Jul 4 with 855 viewsfitzochris

rangers not wanted.. on 12:46 - Jul 4 by electricblue

Now that would not surprise me at all.
More so where there is money involved..

The irony in my post clearly sailed ten feet above your napper.

rangers not wanted.. on 14:20 - Jul 4 with 832 viewselectricblue

Only 10ft....
Must be slipping up....

rangers not wanted.. on 14:33 - Jul 4 with 820 viewsfitzochris

rangers not wanted.. on 14:20 - Jul 4 by electricblue

Only 10ft....
Must be slipping up....

No worries - they have surprised us and followed through with their rejection of the 'newco'. Time for the SFL to hold fast now. Bet they don't.

rangers not wanted.. on 14:45 - Jul 4 with 803 viewsolympicdale

rangers not wanted.. on 14:33 - Jul 4 by fitzochris

No worries - they have surprised us and followed through with their rejection of the 'newco'. Time for the SFL to hold fast now. Bet they don't.

Rangers told to f off.

Life is a game of fate.

rangers not wanted.. on 14:46 - Jul 4 with 808 viewsSuddenLad

That man Neil Doncaster is not coming out of this very well.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/clyde/109294-clyde-fc-sfl-clubs-told-they-mus

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

rangers not wanted.. on 15:24 - Jul 4 with 779 viewselectricblue

How long to the season starts up there?

I just hope that the SPL do the right thing and stand by what the voting teams have done by saying on yer way lads down to div 3 yer go.....

rangers not wanted.. on 15:56 - Jul 4 with 761 viewsPerthDale

rangers not wanted.. on 15:24 - Jul 4 by electricblue

How long to the season starts up there?

I just hope that the SPL do the right thing and stand by what the voting teams have done by saying on yer way lads down to div 3 yer go.....

Four weeks!

I thought that the SPL clubs were going to chicken out as they have been under incredible pressure from Neil Doncaster, ceo of the SPL. He has promised 'financial Armageddon' if Rangers spend more than one season out of the SPL. That pressure will now be applied to the SFL clubs.

What is important for me is that the non-Old Firm clubs take this opportunity to reform the voting rules in the SPL. Any proposal on a substantive issue needs an 11 to 1 majority for it to be passed, meaning that Rangers and Celtic voting together can block any change (and they always vote together on anything financial).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024