Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread 21:54 - Oct 2 with 7513 viewsModeratorC

In the blink of an eye Tom brings his cannons to south Wales, the man Leeds are now stating they wanted to sign, like a Michu to West Ham. The Potters are coming and not one of them is called Graham.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63097/swansea-city-v-sto

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63101/swansea-city-two-h

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63102

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63104/chance-after-chanc

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 14:01 - Oct 4 with 2928 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63097/swansea-city-v-sto

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 14:39 - Oct 4 with 2861 viewsWhiterockin

2-0
Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 14:40 - Oct 4 with 2852 viewsKeithHaynes

3-1

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 01:59 - Oct 5 with 2566 viewsRhonddaSwans

Swans 2 Stoke 2

Attendance 17,029

Also VIP scores and Grimes assists 😉.

[Post edited 5 Oct 2:01]

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 08:51 - Oct 5 with 2429 viewsRichardO

Will we see any surprises in Luke's first eleven selection, is he still going to play two "wingers" while having full backs who are more akin to playing as wingbacks.

Are we going to see fullback also pushing into the middle of midfield leaving gaps for opposition wingers to take advantage of, requiring centre halves to either come across to cover their forward run or mark centreforwards, a defensive strategy of shifting across to one side of pitch leaving players time unmarked te for accurate quick play to find unmarked wingers to then attack down the wingers pushing our defenders back into the penalty box.

Key has pace to burn hand the pace of most wingers and Cabango's experience adds strength to the righthand side, Darling is now defending/attacking the aerial ball and big centreforwards a lot better this season but Tymon is struggling in his defensive role against competent wingers, he either needs help on the pitch or coaching to ensure when the opposition decide to target our left hand side he can deal with it much better than he is at the moment, that is not me having a go at him because of the own goal as those things can happen to anyone if they feel under pressure.

I felt against Sheffield that we match them and even our substitutions didn't weaken us as be mention of previous games.
I feel the team need and element of being allowed to do their own thing to get us in the attacking third because it does seem as if we are under orders which is stifling our forward momentum.

Early in the season and a number of positives and what if moments, manager being cautious with team selection but he may need to be a bit bolder to up our threat in the final third and maybe a little more restraint in our need to get players forward instead of initially letting the ball do the work, hence opening areas of the pitch that tend to get bogged down as we try to attack.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 09:04 - Oct 5 with 2402 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 08:51 - Oct 5 by RichardO

Will we see any surprises in Luke's first eleven selection, is he still going to play two "wingers" while having full backs who are more akin to playing as wingbacks.

Are we going to see fullback also pushing into the middle of midfield leaving gaps for opposition wingers to take advantage of, requiring centre halves to either come across to cover their forward run or mark centreforwards, a defensive strategy of shifting across to one side of pitch leaving players time unmarked te for accurate quick play to find unmarked wingers to then attack down the wingers pushing our defenders back into the penalty box.

Key has pace to burn hand the pace of most wingers and Cabango's experience adds strength to the righthand side, Darling is now defending/attacking the aerial ball and big centreforwards a lot better this season but Tymon is struggling in his defensive role against competent wingers, he either needs help on the pitch or coaching to ensure when the opposition decide to target our left hand side he can deal with it much better than he is at the moment, that is not me having a go at him because of the own goal as those things can happen to anyone if they feel under pressure.

I felt against Sheffield that we match them and even our substitutions didn't weaken us as be mention of previous games.
I feel the team need and element of being allowed to do their own thing to get us in the attacking third because it does seem as if we are under orders which is stifling our forward momentum.

Early in the season and a number of positives and what if moments, manager being cautious with team selection but he may need to be a bit bolder to up our threat in the final third and maybe a little more restraint in our need to get players forward instead of initially letting the ball do the work, hence opening areas of the pitch that tend to get bogged down as we try to attack.

Cullen should be back today, I was told he had covid but haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. Whether he will be fit enough to start we will find out later, if he is it will be a massive bonus.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 09:50 - Oct 5 with 2303 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 09:04 - Oct 5 by Whiterockin

Cullen should be back today, I was told he had covid but haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. Whether he will be fit enough to start we will find out later, if he is it will be a massive bonus.

Definitely ready for selection 👍

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 09:52 - Oct 5 with 2295 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 09:04 - Oct 5 by Whiterockin

It’s a bit of a sign of where we are in that department that we are placing our hopes in Cullen being fit and in the starting line up! I mean no disrespect to him, he gives everything but he’s not a top half Championship striker, if that’s where our current ambitions lie.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 10:15 - Oct 5 with 2243 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 09:52 - Oct 5 by union_jack

It’s a bit of a sign of where we are in that department that we are placing our hopes in Cullen being fit and in the starting line up! I mean no disrespect to him, he gives everything but he’s not a top half Championship striker, if that’s where our current ambitions lie.

There are only one group of people to blame because we are in this position and it's not the coaching staff.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 11:37 - Oct 5 with 2129 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 10:15 - Oct 5 by Whiterockin

There are only one group of people to blame because we are in this position and it's not the coaching staff.

That group of people chose this coach however

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 11:50 - Oct 5 with 2106 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/63101/swansea-city-two-h

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 11:54 - Oct 5 with 2092 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 11:37 - Oct 5 by onehunglow

That group of people chose this coach however

They did but they coukd have brought in Pep Guardiola and we’d be no better off if they didn’t back him.

I’m not sure LW is a good coach but he’s hamstrung here at the moment given what he has at his disposal.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 11:58 - Oct 5 with 2088 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 11:54 - Oct 5 by union_jack

They did but they coukd have brought in Pep Guardiola and we’d be no better off if they didn’t back him.

I’m not sure LW is a good coach but he’s hamstrung here at the moment given what he has at his disposal.

He plays to a similar formula to Russball with a desire to get more attacking ‘actions’ in the final third with wingers.

Problem is - No natural striker.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 12:12 - Oct 5 with 2048 viewsunion_jack

I’ve noticed again that the Swans site only lists the monthly pass for purchase and not the one off game of the day. This happened last week and they put it up late. Looks like a clumsy attempt to get people to buy the monthly package at £25 in case the one-off doesn’t come up. Poor really!

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 12:37 - Oct 5 with 1998 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 12:12 - Oct 5 by union_jack

I’ve noticed again that the Swans site only lists the monthly pass for purchase and not the one off game of the day. This happened last week and they put it up late. Looks like a clumsy attempt to get people to buy the monthly package at £25 in case the one-off doesn’t come up. Poor really!

It’s there now. Must have read my post😏

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 12:43 - Oct 5 with 1975 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 09:52 - Oct 5 by union_jack

Sheffield United midweek - brought Kieffer Moore and Rhian Brewster off the bench. We started with Peart-Harris up front.

That’s a good indication of where our ambitions lie.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 12:50 - Oct 5 with 1957 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 12:43 - Oct 5 by jack247

Sheffield United midweek - brought Kieffer Moore and Rhian Brewster off the bench. We started with Peart-Harris up front.

That’s a good indication of where our ambitions lie.

Couldn’t agree more but that parachute payment certainly helps.

A recognised striker though would be good!

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 13:10 - Oct 5 with 1914 viewsQJumpingJack

I would take a draw today.

Overall the season has started better than I thought so a point today is not a disaster.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 13:46 - Oct 5 with 1849 viewsKeithHaynes

🤷🏻‍♂️

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 14:07 - Oct 5 with 1789 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City sending out false news today, and haven’t updated their main website with teams. Quite a number in the West Stand not happy at all.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 14:08 - Oct 5 with 1774 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 14:07 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

Swansea City sending out false news today, and haven’t updated their main website with teams. Quite a number in the West Stand not happy at all.

I’ve just looked, nothing there.

Incompetence or deliberate?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 14:13 - Oct 5 with 1734 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 14:08 - Oct 5 by union_jack

I’ve just looked, nothing there.

Incompetence or deliberate?

It’s deliberate just like the no pre match interview before Sheff Utd.

I’ve had ten texts to date from Swans fans not on social media who are absolutely peed off with this behaviour.

No way to run the club.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 14:14 - Oct 5 with 1708 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 14:13 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

It’s deliberate just like the no pre match interview before Sheff Utd.

I’ve had ten texts to date from Swans fans not on social media who are absolutely peed off with this behaviour.

No way to run the club.

It’s in Phil’s site but don’t know where they got it from.

They have to put the team out 60 mins before ko.

If it’s right, Grimes starts😳😂

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 14:15 - Oct 5 with 1704 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread UPDATED Fri on 08:51 - Oct 5 by RichardO

More attacking for sure.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Match day thread on 14:20 - Oct 5 with 1677 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024