Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation 20:35 - Oct 2 with 2892 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/63085/

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 21:09 - Oct 2 with 1851 viewsPatfromPoole

Result.

Sack Martin and Ankersen.

A single stone killing two birds.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 21:19 - Oct 2 with 1813 viewsSaintNick

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 21:09 - Oct 2 by PatfromPoole

Result.

If you get rid of Ankersen, we are severely lacking anyone in Sport Republic or Southampton FC who actually have football experience

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 21:41 - Oct 2 with 1740 viewsPatfromPoole

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 21:19 - Oct 2 by SaintNick

If you get rid of Ankersen, we are severely lacking anyone in Sport Republic or Southampton FC who actually have football experience

I’m sure there’s a punchline there somewhere…..

It was Ankersen, lest we forget, who imposed Nathan Jones on us…..

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 21:44 - Oct 2 with 1727 viewsBazza

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 21:19 - Oct 2 by SaintNick

Except the new manager and his numerous staff
Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 21:46 - Oct 2 with 1723 viewsBazza

Except for a new manager and his staff!
Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 22:35 - Oct 2 with 1620 viewsSonicBoom

These stories are always obscure and start with 'we understand that....'.
It's never attributable.
Sounds more like a rumour, not a fact.
Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 22:36 - Oct 2 with 1599 viewssaintmark1976

An assumption that there is currently anybody at Sports Republic or Southampton F C with football experience in the first place Nick.

A totally unnecessary relegation from The Premiership, promotion from The Championship only via the play offs, together with a disastrous last transfer window and our current perilous league position perhaps indicates the opposite ?

Poll: Who is responsible for our poor start to the season?

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 22:38 - Oct 2 with 1595 viewsUTS1885

I dont see how these media people know, its pure speculation.
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 07:23 - Oct 3 with 1325 viewsTripleNiemi

Am sure SaintRob or one of the Influencers could be tempted in to the role……

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 08:58 - Oct 3 with 1212 viewsBerber

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 21:09 - Oct 2 by PatfromPoole

Result.

Fingers crossed. Anderson has no choice but to back RM to the hilt after appointing Nathan Jones, then Selles and now RM. Our recruitment has proved to be far from successful, let alone spectacular. He has been found out. he was lucky to get the right manager for Brentford.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 09:25 - Oct 3 with 1167 viewssaintwizzler

Russell Martin was a success last season, just.
His job was to get us promoted. Which he did.

This season his aim is to keep us up.
Unfortunately that’s with only 3 or maybe 4 at a push Premier League standard players.

Good luck with that Russell

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 09:37 - Oct 3 with 1156 viewsIfonly

Please say what you think Ankersen has done for the club. His "experience" has meant we:

- sacked RH
- appointed Jones
- appointed Selles
- appointed RM
- adopted a disastrous "copy Man City" philosophy
- adopted a disastrous "buy teenagers for future profit" strategy
- wasted money on multiple players who aren't good enough

Which of these do you think are valuable contributions? My mum has no interest in football and she'd have done a better job than he has. We'd have been better off without him.
Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 09:53 - Oct 3 with 1121 viewssaintmark1976

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 09:37 - Oct 3 by Ifonly

Please say what you think Ankersen has done for the club. His "experience" has meant we:

- sacked RH
- appointed Jones
- appointed Selles
- appointed RM

Which of these do you think are valuable contributions? My mum has no interest in football and she'd have done a better job than he has. We'd have been better off without him.

Agreed Ifonly, and whilst accomplishing three parts of F all, along with the rest of our Board and Directors, he has probably been paid a ridiculous salary to boot.

Poll: Who is responsible for our poor start to the season?

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 10:08 - Oct 3 with 1105 viewsPatfromPoole

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 09:37 - Oct 3 by Ifonly

- sacked RH
- appointed Jones
- appointed Selles
- appointed RM

Far be it from me to want to be in Ankersen's corner on this, however......

My understanding was that with Nathan Jones having been a disaster and having been appointed by Ankersen, it was (presumably after heated discussions....) the decision of Martin Semmens to appoint Selles.

Given that this was another disaster, this was presumably a stick for Ankersen and Kraft to beat Semmens with, so his services were dispensed with following our relegation in May 2023.

I think Russell Martin was appointed mainly by Jason Wilcox.

Wilcox going off to United was always going to weaken Martin's strength of his position, regardless of the contract extension.

Parsons may be the kingmaker in deciding on this latest fiasco.

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 10:40 - Oct 3 with 1058 viewsIfonly

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 10:08 - Oct 3 by PatfromPoole

My understanding was that with Nathan Jones having been a disaster and having been appointed by Ankersen, it was (presumably after heated discussions....) the decision of Martin Semmens to appoint Selles.

Given that this was another disaster, this was presumably a stick for Ankersen and Kraft to beat Semmens with, so his services were dispensed with following our relegation in May 2023.

Wilcox going off to United was always going to weaken Martin's strength of his position, regardless of the contract extension.

Maybe but Ankersen was CEO of SR throughout and responsible for "overseeing football strategy". The football strategy at SFC has been appalling and that has led to a decline in SFC which is SR's main asset. All of that is his responsibility.

So yes, maybe for example Wilcox led the recruitment of RM, but Ankersen is supposed to be in overall charge of choices like that and he, no doubt, was instrumental in appointing Wilcox in the first place (with the brief to bring his Man City experience and make us like them).

I can't see how he avoids responsibility for this. Even on the appointment of Selles, if Ankersen was taken out of the loop because of his disastrous decision on Jones, that is hardly a feather in his cap. It meant that there was a vacuum of leadership when a vital decision was being taken.
Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 10:56 - Oct 3 with 1027 viewsmushinexile

A simple misunderstanding. Ankersen was supposed to be overseeing football strategy. Not being a natural English speaker he understood it to mean overlooking football strategy.
Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 10:57 - Oct 3 with 1027 viewsfranniesTache

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 22:38 - Oct 2 by UTS1885

I dont see how these media people know, its pure speculation.

Honestly find this line of reasoning hilarious, of course the media know what's going on. Most of them have friends working at very senior levels of the majority of football clubs, and when people like me and mates know what's going on (and it's really not hard to find out) it shows that clubs are leakier than knickers of the front row of a magic mike show.
Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 11:17 - Oct 3 with 1006 viewsTripleNiemi

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 10:08 - Oct 3 by PatfromPoole

Perhaps when United sack Ten Haag, Rylan will be on speed dial for a call from Wilcox. Both Manc clubs can then be seen to play this free passing, flowing based possession football.

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 11:30 - Oct 3 with 988 viewssaint22

Result.

Agreed
We are going nowhere with these two leading us
Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 12:18 - Oct 3 with 911 viewsPaleRider

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 11:30 - Oct 3 by saint22

Agreed

If I were Solak, I would be furious at these charlatans p!ssing away his hard earned!

Nick's implication that Ankerson knows about football is laughable, as the performance since SR took over suggests that even some of the crazier people on this forum actually know more about football than he does.

These guys are destroying the club we all love and it's gut wrenching!
Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 12:22 - Oct 3 with 890 viewskernow

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 11:30 - Oct 3 by saint22

Agreed

I’m told Oxford is a nice day out and very pleasant at this time year.
Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 12:25 - Oct 3 with 880 viewsfranniesTache

Dumb question but can we even get rid of Ramus? I thought he was a large shareholder in the club and effectively part of the group that owns it.

So presumably the only way to "get rid of him" is to buy him out?
Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 12:56 - Oct 3 with 815 viewsTripleNiemi

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 12:25 - Oct 3 by franniesTache

Dumb question but can we even get rid of Ramus? I thought he was a large shareholder in the club and effectively part of the group that owns it.

Kraft and Anderson set up Sports Republic (I think) but not sure if they have a ‘financial’ stake in it, or whether most of the ‘worth’ of the Company comes direct from Dragans pockets. I would have expected him to have some monies invested, even if only a small amount compared to Dragan.

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 13:13 - Oct 3 with 785 viewsPatfromPoole

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 12:25 - Oct 3 by franniesTache

I think it is Solak was who effectively owns Sports Republic.

To quote the most recently-filed accounts of Southampton Football Club Limited from the Companies House website (Note 29 - Ultimate parent company and parent undertaking of larger group)....

"The directors consider the ultimate controlling party at the Statement of Financial Position date to be Mr D Solak".

So Solak could buy him out presumably, though given that he owns 51% or more of the parent company himself, he may feel he doesn't need to.

Southampton Board Split On Russell Martin Situation on 13:19 - Oct 3 with 750 viewskingolaf

According to Companies House, Kraft, Ankersen and Solak are listed as directors.

Solak is the only one with significant control. Has more than 75% of the shares and voting rights, and has the right to appoint or remove directors.

If I was him, I wouldn’t give a shiny sh!t what Ankersen thinks about the manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024