Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It is the time of the season... 09:04 - Oct 2 with 1449 viewsandrew1302

... when we have had a good look at other teams and can judge where we are in comparison. And the answer is are there 3 teams worse than us in the league? Hull are probably a top 10 maybe top 6 side and how many of our team would of even made their bench. Maybe a couple no more. To me in this division when you buy a player you are looking apart from football skills for speed , attitude and strength. Santos, Madson , Celar , Anderson [ especially he is dreadful] why did we buy them? I just dont understand our transfer policy. Who is in charge of it and why do they buy players who clearly are not suited to the intensity of the Championship. Celar people say is not suited to our system so why buy him. He looks completely useless to me. Unless something really is going on with Kohli why not give him a go , he cant be less effective than totally ineffective.. Anderson is a liability. Most games he makes a dreadful error and misses a sitter. Last night was a prime example. And compare Millar with Smyth or maybe don't. And Santos with any of Hull's back four . And the list goes on. Marti says keep believing and that belief can go no further than i hope we can stay up. It is so frustrating that every year we buy so many very poor players . Why is someone not answerable?
It is the time of the season... on 09:19 - Oct 2 with 1384 viewsdaveB

Compare Millar with Dembele as well who has fallen off a cliff since the first 2 games
It is the time of the season... on 09:25 - Oct 2 with 1348 viewsTheChef

Nice to see you've already decided all our new signings are 'very poor'.

Some people.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

It is the time of the season... on 10:07 - Oct 2 with 1230 viewsandrew1302

Interesting. Do you think Santos, Madson, Celar, Anderson are championship standard? How long should one give them?
It is the time of the season... on 10:37 - Oct 2 with 1148 viewsTheChef

It is the time of the season... on 10:07 - Oct 2 by andrew1302

Interesting. Do you think Santos, Madson, Celar, Anderson are championship standard? How long should one give them?

We know what Andersen can do, he showed that last season, not in great form currently but that will pass.

As for the others I'm not saying they're world beaters, they are new to the club and the English football and need time to bed in, they need at least six months before you can start to write them off (if that makes you feel better).

It is the time of the season... on 10:44 - Oct 2 with 1127 viewsandrew1302

I am not blaming the players i am blaming those who buy them. If Celar doesn't suit the system why buy him? If you need a box to box midfielder why buy Varane [ always passes backwards] or Madson. For seasons now we seldom seem to buy well. 6 months by the way takes us to March which is a little late dont you think!! And Anderson i am afraid for me i said on game 1 he was making too many errors and so far that seems to be right. Last night his lack of control let in their 2nd and his header early on was straight down to the keepers gut, the only place it could be saved and then he had an open goal 10 yards out which he fluffed.
I am not righting off Saito or Dembele or Nardi i just wonder why we signed such as Santos who was clearly taken apart by Millar who is a good player but hardly brilliant.
It is the time of the season... on 10:55 - Oct 2 with 1082 viewsTheChef

It is the time of the season... on 10:44 - Oct 2 by andrew1302

I am not blaming the players i am blaming those who buy them. If Celar doesn't suit the system why buy him? If you need a box to box midfielder why buy Varane [ always passes backwards] or Madson. For seasons now we seldom seem to buy well. 6 months by the way takes us to March which is a little late dont you think!! And Anderson i am afraid for me i said on game 1 he was making too many errors and so far that seems to be right. Last night his lack of control let in their 2nd and his header early on was straight down to the keepers gut, the only place it could be saved and then he had an open goal 10 yards out which he fluffed.
I am not righting off Saito or Dembele or Nardi i just wonder why we signed such as Santos who was clearly taken apart by Millar who is a good player but hardly brilliant.

Santos and Celar are improving with each game I think. Of course Celar needs a goal but that will come. With a fully fit XI, Santos probably doesn't start though.

Madsen does feel like a bit of a luxury signing and he's clearly not an 8, but let's see what happens.

If we had 10 games left then sure I'd be worried. We have 38 games left, let's trust the manager and players to work it out.

It is the time of the season... on 12:23 - Oct 2 with 966 viewsandrew1302

OK let's hope you are right! After saturdays journey and last night i am somewhat dispirited!
It is the time of the season... on 12:43 - Oct 2 with 917 viewsjoe90

It is the time of the season... on 10:55 - Oct 2 by TheChef

Santos and Celar are improving with each game I think. Of course Celar needs a goal but that will come. With a fully fit XI, Santos probably doesn't start though.

Madsen does feel like a bit of a luxury signing and he's clearly not an 8, but let's see what happens.

If we had 10 games left then sure I'd be worried. We have 38 games left, let's trust the manager and players to work it out.

I wouldn’t describe any of our signings as a ‘luxury’. Maybe ‘a waste of money’ or a ‘typical QPR punt’, but definitely not ‘luxury’.
Login to get fewer ads

It is the time of the season... on 12:43 - Oct 2 with 914 viewsDamo1962

It is the time of the season... on 09:19 - Oct 2 by daveB

Compare Millar with Dembele as well who has fallen off a cliff since the first 2 games

Now he has a contract, he is phoning it in like so many before him.
It is the time of the season... on 13:19 - Oct 2 with 857 viewsTheChef

It is the time of the season... on 12:43 - Oct 2 by joe90

I wouldn’t describe any of our signings as a ‘luxury’. Maybe ‘a waste of money’ or a ‘typical QPR punt’, but definitely not ‘luxury’.

Haha!

I don't think he's a dud but I'm not sure currently where he fits in our team.

It is the time of the season... on 17:10 - Oct 2 with 659 viewsmart_Goblin

It is the time of the season... on 12:43 - Oct 2 by Damo1962

Utter nonsense.

He would have known the terms of the deal in the summer. The CEO decided it was a good time to give the fans a boost by announcing the details that’s all.

Whether it worked or the idea of drip feeding us titbits is wonderful or insulting is another debate. But all concerned knew what the deal was in the summer .
[Post edited 2 Oct 17:17]
It is the time of the season... on 17:17 - Oct 2 with 629 viewsdaveB

It is the time of the season... on 12:43 - Oct 2 by Damo1962

To be fair he hasn't signed yet, the announcement was he will sign next summer which we already knew
It is the time of the season... on 19:09 - Oct 2 with 450 viewsjoe90

It is the time of the season... on 13:19 - Oct 2 by TheChef

Haha!

I don't think he's a dud but I'm not sure currently where he fits in our team.

Agree, definitely not a dud, but VERY frustrating. He needs to be a little more versatile. Doesn’t need to turn into Charles Bronson but could get a bit more stuck in! It’s his application not ability that’s the issue. It should go without saying, but I’ll say it anyway, I want him to succeed.
[Post edited 2 Oct 19:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024