Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum 30/09/24 20:43 - Sep 21 with 22227 viewsRangersw12

No Marti !?
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 01:16 - Sep 23 with 3125 viewsrbee

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 10:08 - Sep 22 by paulhoop2

Marti is not a fans person heā€™s known as arrogant in the industry

If that was the case then the club would not have employed him.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 02:16 - Sep 23 with 3045 viewsHoopsie

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 15:57 - Sep 22 by connell10

So the first question should be Where's the coach ?

"Marti is preparing for tomorrow's league game against Hull, he won't be joining us"

Yes, there are many dates this forum can be scheduled, but it is poor scheduling.....?

Do you think it was deliberate?

If Nourry does not want Marti to be there, perhaps this is the "best" outcome of an excuse by the club

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 08:55 - Sep 23 with 2821 viewsdaveB

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 02:16 - Sep 23 by Hoopsie

"Marti is preparing for tomorrow's league game against Hull, he won't be joining us"

Yes, there are many dates this forum can be scheduled, but it is poor scheduling.....?

Do you think it was deliberate?

If Nourry does not want Marti to be there, perhaps this is the "best" outcome of an excuse by the club

absolutely this, could have been done after Derby game or week after before Portsmouth
I'm not convinced they are all singing from the same hymn sheet at the moment
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:00 - Sep 23 with 2800 viewsHunterhoop

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 08:55 - Sep 23 by daveB

absolutely this, could have been done after Derby game or week after before Portsmouth
I'm not convinced they are all singing from the same hymn sheet at the moment

That is the obvious conclusion to draw.

If Nourry wanted Cifuentes there, heā€™d be there, whether it be on this evening or scheduling the thing for an easier date he can attend.

Either Nourry is a little dictator/control freak who doesnā€™t want anyone else answering questions because he is running the show OR he is worried Cifuentesā€™ answers might make it apparent there is not alignment between him and Nourry.

I donā€™t think there is a logical explanation outside of these two, given the context of every prior Fansā€™ Forum having the manager attend. Itā€™s arguable which reason is better depending on your view.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:06 - Sep 23 with 2778 viewsTheChef

Just hope the water pressure has been sorted.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:11 - Sep 23 with 2775 viewsdm97

Wonder if theyā€™ll even stream it at this point, given they refuse to release any of the playing or coaching staff for interviews etc (less Alfie Lloyd, unlikely to know the state secrets let alone sell them).

Nourry is seriously shooting himself with this policy. If anyone can explain the upside here please have a go
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:32 - Sep 23 with 2698 viewsNed_Kennedys

Based on all the ā€˜ITKā€™ comments on this thread (Cifuentes is arrogant, Nourry is a control freak, they donā€™t work well together, etc etc) perhaps the best idea is to cancel the whole thing? People moaning that the club keep the fans in the dark nowadays: well regardless of who is there you have an opportunity to ask questions so take it if itā€™s important to you.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:36 - Sep 23 with 2658 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:32 - Sep 23 by Ned_Kennedys

Based on all the ā€˜ITKā€™ comments on this thread (Cifuentes is arrogant, Nourry is a control freak, they donā€™t work well together, etc etc) perhaps the best idea is to cancel the whole thing? People moaning that the club keep the fans in the dark nowadays: well regardless of who is there you have an opportunity to ask questions so take it if itā€™s important to you.

Do you not think this sudden rise in ITK posters, rumour and counter rumour, might be an inevitable consequence of their current coms strategy?
Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:36 - Sep 23 with 2656 viewsaston_hoop

At least the good news is that we'll stuff Blackburn now, no chance of a fans forum happening while fans are pissed off

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:38 - Sep 23 with 2643 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:36 - Sep 23 by Northernr

Do you not think this sudden rise in ITK posters, rumour and counter rumour, might be an inevitable consequence of their current coms strategy?

It certainly creates the canvas for it, yes.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 11:21 - Sep 23 with 2336 viewsNed_Kennedys

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:36 - Sep 23 by Northernr

I think a fans forum is a good place for those concerned to ask their questions: surely it would be more of an issue if the club didnā€™t run a forum at all?
And thereā€™s always been people on here who love a cryptic ITK post: I take them all with a pinch of salt as most of them are errant nonsense.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 11:22 - Sep 23 with 2335 viewsHunterhoop

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:32 - Sep 23 by Ned_Kennedys

At no point have I claimed to be ā€œITKā€, and nor have I posted a rumour.

I have simply stated my opinion as two the possible reasons for Cifuentes not being there, by the clubā€™s design.

Provide a credible reason for Cifuentes no attending the fans forum that is not one of the two, remembering that the date could be any night the club want it (not near a game, for example).

It really is one of the two I posted. I donā€™t know which is it, nor which is better/less bad.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 11:28 - Sep 23 with 2270 viewsNed_Kennedys

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 09:00 - Sep 23 by Hunterhoop

That is the obvious conclusion to draw.

If Nourry wanted Cifuentes there, heā€™d be there, whether it be on this evening or scheduling the thing for an easier date he can attend.

Either Nourry is a little dictator/control freak who doesnā€™t want anyone else answering questions because he is running the show OR he is worried Cifuentesā€™ answers might make it apparent there is not alignment between him and Nourry.

I donā€™t think there is a logical explanation outside of these two, given the context of every prior Fansā€™ Forum having the manager attend. Itā€™s arguable which reason is better depending on your view.

How about Cifuentes was given the option to attend or not and declined as there is a game the next day? Just as realistic as your other ideas.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 11:36 - Sep 23 with 2211 viewsHunterhoop

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 11:28 - Sep 23 by Ned_Kennedys

How about Cifuentes was given the option to attend or not and declined as there is a game the next day? Just as realistic as your other ideas.

Move the date then. Iā€™ve already pointed that out. The club have chosen it. They could have chosen any date they liked, certainly not one the night before a game. Not hard to grasp that, surely? Itā€™s not idea for fans either.

If he still doesnā€™t want to attend regardless of whether the date is near a game, then Nourry can inform him it is mandatory. Every manager has attended whenever they have been held, I believe. Itā€™s not an unfair, demanding request for him to be present, and Nourry would be in his right to enforce attendance. Iā€™m sure many previous managers didnā€™t want to be there!

I would suggest they have picked a date that gives them an out (ā€œpreparing for a gameā€) that some fans will swallow. The bigger reason is why pick the date to do that? Why not pick a date so Cifuentes can attend? And then youā€™re back to my two possibilities, unless you can provide me a credible third?
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 11:54 - Sep 23 with 2168 viewsslmrstid

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 11:36 - Sep 23 by Hunterhoop

Move the date then. Iā€™ve already pointed that out. The club have chosen it. They could have chosen any date they liked, certainly not one the night before a game. Not hard to grasp that, surely? Itā€™s not idea for fans either.

If he still doesnā€™t want to attend regardless of whether the date is near a game, then Nourry can inform him it is mandatory. Every manager has attended whenever they have been held, I believe. Itā€™s not an unfair, demanding request for him to be present, and Nourry would be in his right to enforce attendance. Iā€™m sure many previous managers didnā€™t want to be there!

I would suggest they have picked a date that gives them an out (ā€œpreparing for a gameā€) that some fans will swallow. The bigger reason is why pick the date to do that? Why not pick a date so Cifuentes can attend? And then youā€™re back to my two possibilities, unless you can provide me a credible third?

I'd be more inclined to believe the suggestion that Nourry is a control freak that wants to dictate the narrative, than any contention between Marti/the club.

Not saying Marti is happy with everything, none of us know the truth to that. I'm sure he always wants more for his squad (Warburton said as much when he appeared on the pod with Finney last year, as a manager you're always asking for more).

But given all the secrecy over contracts etc which is nothing to do with Marti, I'm more inclined Nourry wants to keep as tight a control grip over everything as possible.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 12:30 - Sep 23 with 2021 viewsNed_Kennedys

And so people start turning on Nourryā€¦ā€¦
To be fair heā€™s had a good run compared to most of his predecessors.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 12:35 - Sep 23 with 2008 viewsHunterhoop

People arenā€™t turning on him. They are just questioning this decision to hold a fans forum without the manager. Questioning the CEO isnā€™t a bad thing. Itā€™s healthy. He appears to have done some good things to date but he does not appear to be a big believer in transparency. And transparency is almost always a good thing in business and leadership. The opposite: secrecy and opaqueness is rarely a good thing, unless youā€™re a government agency!
[Post edited 23 Sep 13:03]
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 12:57 - Sep 23 with 1941 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 12:30 - Sep 23 by Ned_Kennedys

And so people start turning on Nourryā€¦ā€¦
To be fair heā€™s had a good run compared to most of his predecessors.

Come on, it's nothing like that. Wasn't it you last week putting "meltdown on LFW" into the glossary?

Nobody's turning on Nourry, as far as I can see 80% of the comment about the job he's done so far has been positive, on here and on social media.

But this coms strategy is weird and it will cause him problems. It's already taking a situation where we're apparently on the up, doing quite well, and with a good manager, and turning it into one where it looks like they're not getting on, or they're afraid he's going to say something they don't want him to say. It's completely needless as well. Just sit him there for 45 minutes, he'll be Marti, the room will love him, he'll get a load of soft soapy questions, and it nips all this in the bud. Into the vacuum you're already seeing ITK posters with rumour and counter rumour, and it's the club and its coms strategy that's causing it.

I agree with Hunter.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 13:37 - Sep 23 with 1748 viewswombat

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 11:36 - Sep 23 by Hunterhoop

there has been plnety when a manager hasnt been in atttendance , used to be evil les, Hoo.s and one other , in the past it was players only who did them no management atall present

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 14:07 - Sep 23 with 1647 viewsdaveB

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 13:37 - Sep 23 by wombat

there has been plnety when a manager hasnt been in atttendance , used to be evil les, Hoo.s and one other , in the past it was players only who did them no management atall present

I can't remember one in recent years when the manager didn't attend. Used to be Hoos, Ferdinand and the manager sometimes a player as well
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 14:11 - Sep 23 with 1635 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 14:07 - Sep 23 by daveB

I can't remember one in recent years when the manager didn't attend. Used to be Hoos, Ferdinand and the manager sometimes a player as well

Yeh I can't remember one recently without the manager. Hughes maybe the last guy who didn't appear? They even persuaded 'Arry to turn up and talk bolox for a couple of hours.
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 14:46 - Sep 23 with 1500 viewsSuperhoops2808

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 11:03 - Sep 22 by paulhoop2

People that work around him etc are not overly impressed etc now Iā€™m not saying heā€™s a bad manager etc far from it and I certainly donā€™t want Ainsworth just thought Iā€™d put it out there thatā€™s all

Yeah well your last ITK comment about Stroud was LOB

And I have to ask why did you 'Thought I'd put it out there that's all'

If you are coming on here with ITK comments, name these people don't generalise
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 14:50 - Sep 23 with 1490 viewsdaveB

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 14:11 - Sep 23 by Northernr

Yeh I can't remember one recently without the manager. Hughes maybe the last guy who didn't appear? They even persuaded 'Arry to turn up and talk bolox for a couple of hours.

I don't think we had one when Hughes was manager, the first one after a few years of not having any fans forums at all at that time was after he'd been sacked and Arry came in, the night Phil Beard faced the wrath of supporters for a multitude of things.

I don't remember many under Flavio and co, before that John Gregory and before him Holloway were always great value as those things
Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 15:04 - Sep 23 with 1429 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 14:11 - Sep 23 by Northernr

Clutching at straws, but have line ups not been confirmed until late on in the past? I canā€™t remember when it was ever just one person.
Maybe marti wants to see if weā€™ll get a result on saturday šŸ˜‚

I agree with Hunter. Is that the new I agree with Nick? Hope this one turns out better šŸ˜‚

Bare bones.

Fans Forum 30/09/24 on 15:46 - Sep 23 with 1348 viewssimmo

Using the schedule / Hull game as an excuse for non-attendance when you set the agenda is bordering on condescension. So the powers that be at QPR sent a calendar invite and Marti has declined because he's already got something in the diary??

Like I said in the pod, I'm not saying it should be Wikileaks and we open the books to anybody that wants to know Kenneth Paals tax bill, but similarly it doesn't have to be North Korea either. Treating fans like idiots is completely counter productive in the short term and if/when things go badly, will become much more than a niggling issue.

Be inclusive of the fanbase, because we deserve it, and because you'll need us.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024