Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread 11:58 - Sep 17 with 4564 viewsSaintNick

Saints reserves up at Everton reserves we can win this one

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 12:06 - Sep 17 with 2585 viewssaintmark1976

Given both Club’s perilous league position together with a desire not to get players injured I wouldn’t be surprised if the referee stopped the match owing to both teams not wanting to win.

Rather as they do in boxing when neither competitor wants to hit the other.

Poll: On which date will we be relegated ?

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 12:10 - Sep 17 with 2577 viewsSaintNick

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 12:06 - Sep 17 by saintmark1976

Given both Club’s perilous league position together with a desire not to get players injured I wouldn’t be surprised if the referee stopped the match owing to both teams not wanting to win.

Could be the record number of own goals cored in a match, the last 10 minutes could be interesting

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 12:19 - Sep 17 with 2568 viewsdirk_doone

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 12:10 - Sep 17 by SaintNick

Could be the record number of own goals cored in a match, the last 10 minutes could be interesting

I wouldn't make more than 5 or 6 changes to the team that started on Saturday. Do we really need to rest players this early in the season? Ramsdale has only played 1 game so it would be stupid to rest him for McCarthy, who has played a lot more.

This would be my starting lineup:

STEWART

SULEMANA .... DIBLING .... AMO-AMEYAW

UGOCHUKWU... FERNANDES

TAYLOR .... BELLA-KOTCHAP.... HARWOOD-BELLIS.... SUGAWARA

RAMSDALE

Unfortunately, I expect we'll see a drab lineup with the usual suspects, like Smallbone, Aribo and even McCarthy.
[Post edited 17 Sep 12:24]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 12:24 - Sep 17 with 2535 viewsSaintNick

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 12:19 - Sep 17 by dirk_doone

I wouldn't make more than 5 or 6 changes to the team that started on Saturday. Do we really need to rest players this early in the season? Ramsdale has only played 1 game so it would be stupid to rest him for McCarthy, who has played a lot more.

This would be my starting lineup:

STEWART

SULEMANA .... DIBLING .... AMO-AMEYAW

UGOCHUKWU... FERNANDES

TAYLOR .... BELLA-KOTCHAP.... HARWOOD-BELLIS.... SUGAWARA

RAMSDALE

Unfortunately, I expect we'll see a drab lineup with the usual suspects, like Smallbone, Aribo and even McCarthy.
[Post edited 17 Sep 12:24]

I see your point, but it is more about injury or suspension risk than game time.

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 12:28 - Sep 17 with 2519 views1885_SFC

Whatever the result, Jack Stephens will be Man of the Match for me... simply by being absent.

Old School is Cool

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 12:33 - Sep 17 with 2499 viewssaintwizzler

Our next 2 games are too big to take risks on injuries and suspensions.
We already missing Captain. Leader. Legend.
The club as with all the others in the top two leagues are not interested in this cup until the latter stages.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 12:39 - Sep 17 with 2489 viewsPatfromPoole

We should have kept Wesley Hoedt just for this.

Would have been in his element.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 12:53 - Sep 17 with 2484 viewssolent_toffee

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 12:06 - Sep 17 by saintmark1976

As perilous as Everton’s position is, they’ve actually been playing quite well, annual tanking at Spurs aside. Completely dominated Bournemouth for 88 minutes before imploding and then playing very well against an excellent Villa team last Saturday.

Reading between the lines of Dyche’s pre match comments though suggest he’s not arsed about this game, which is a different tune to previous cup games, where he’s built up how important they are.

I think it will be 2-2 with Saints to win on pens,
Login to get fewer ads

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 12:55 - Sep 17 with 2476 viewsPatfromPoole

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 12:53 - Sep 17 by solent_toffee

As perilous as Everton’s position is, they’ve actually been playing quite well, annual tanking at Spurs aside. Completely dominated Bournemouth for 88 minutes before imploding and then playing very well against an excellent Villa team last Saturday.

Reading between the lines of Dyche’s pre match comments though suggest he’s not arsed about this game, which is a different tune to previous cup games, where he’s built up how important they are.

Are Everton going to score two own goals?

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 13:00 - Sep 17 with 2472 viewsBuggalugs

Well we played well for 25 minutes against the shittest Man Utd team in the last 40 years, so there.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 13:01 - Sep 17 with 2468 viewsTimSaint

I seem to recall Everton starting with about 5 first teamers in their game in the previous round at home to Doncaster Rovers, plus many others on the bench.

It's catch 22 for us.

We need to give runs outs to lots of players to get them up to speed, but don't want to risk injury or suspension.

Perhaps a side similar to Cardiff in the previous round, although 3 or 4 of them started v Man U.

I'm expecting to see....

A McC in goal
ABK in defence
Smallbone in Midfield
Sam AA and Wee Man on the flanks
R Stewart up front

The rest will depend on how brave RM is

Sulemana could even get a run out of he isn't injured again.

I'm not expecting anything result wise, but it may give a few players a chance to impress.

TimSaint

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 13:11 - Sep 17 with 2433 viewssaintmark1976

Nice one Nick and thanks, your reply and that of 1885 S F C made me smile and lightened my day.

It’s what I like about your site, we may be one off the bottom of the league on goal difference having only scored one goal in four games but there is always room for some humour.

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 13:12 - Sep 17 with 2429 viewssolent_toffee

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 12:55 - Sep 17 by PatfromPoole

Are Everton going to score two own goals?

If Michael Keane and Ashley Young are playing, anything is possible.
Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 13:26 - Sep 17 with 2398 viewsUlsterBaz

Haven’t been at Goodison for a few seasons. Anyone know the away pubs (last time I was up we were in one near the ground) or how to get back into the city after the match?
Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 13:59 - Sep 17 with 2332 viewssolent_toffee

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 13:26 - Sep 17 by UlsterBaz

Haven’t been at Goodison for a few seasons. Anyone know the away pubs (last time I was up we were in one near the ground) or how to get back into the city after the match?

As Nick said in his article, most pubs are friendly to away fans. I go the Chepstow Castle on County Road, there’s always away fans in there and they seem to enjoy it. Thomas Frost is a wetherspoons that away fans seem to go to too. County Road is your best bet though as it’s the easiest route to and from town. Kirkdale station is nearby and will take you to Lime Street, or if you’re staying in town, get off at Moorfields, as there’s some great pubs around there.

If you’re in a rush to get back into town, your best bet would be to walk it. Probably takes about 35 minutes, otherwise buses run straight into town.
[Post edited 17 Sep 14:01]
Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 14:07 - Sep 17 with 2285 viewssaint22

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 12:33 - Sep 17 by saintwizzler

Our next 2 games are too big to take risks on injuries and suspensions.
We already missing Captain. Leader. Legend.
The club as with all the others in the top two leagues are not interested in this cup until the latter stages.

We can not afford losing anyone for the next league game so one over a very second string side
Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 15:59 - Sep 17 with 2121 viewskingslandstand1

You're just trying to make us feel good now ST, we know your sort!!
Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 16:02 - Sep 17 with 2095 viewskingslandstand1

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 13:11 - Sep 17 by saintmark1976

Nice one Nick and thanks, your reply and that of 1885 S F C made me smile and lightened my day.

It’s what I like about your site, we may be one off the bottom of the league on goal difference having only scored one goal in four games but there is always room for some humour.

But we did score 5 in the last round!
Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 18:52 - Sep 17 with 1899 viewssaint22

Surprised Stewart isn’t starting but then again?!
So so team should be good enough to hold their own
Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 20:01 - Sep 17 with 1796 viewsJoiedevivre

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 18:52 - Sep 17 by saint22

Surprised Stewart isn’t starting but then again?!
So so team should be good enough to hold their own

Inevitably we’ll have no presence upfront. Cornet looks good 1v1 but has no cross on him - though that makes no difference with no one to hit.

Despite a few giveaways, i’m still impressed by Lallana.
[Post edited 17 Sep 20:02]
Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 20:11 - Sep 17 with 1727 viewssaintmark1976

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 20:01 - Sep 17 by Joiedevivre

Inevitably we’ll have no presence upfront. Cornet looks good 1v1 but has no cross on him - though that makes no difference with no one to hit.

Despite a few giveaways, i’m still impressed by Lallana.
[Post edited 17 Sep 20:02]

Rinse and repeat. 74% possession and a goal down already. We really do make an art form of it.

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 20:14 - Sep 17 with 1699 viewsJoiedevivre

Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 20:11 - Sep 17 by saintmark1976

Rinse and repeat. 74% possession and a goal down already. We really do make an art form of it.

We’re utter crap. Has AA even touched the ball yet?

Sadly our manager thinks it’s ‘brave’ to pass between your own defence for the whole game. We seldom score so i’d be surprised if we turn this around.
Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 20:37 - Sep 17 with 1557 viewsobelisk

Loads of possession and doing nothing with it. In fact Everton have had more shots.
Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 20:43 - Sep 17 with 1490 viewsFlamingbankers

It doesn't matter which Martin team we have , they'll still be useless in the final third.
Everton Carabao Cup Game Matchday Thread on 20:44 - Sep 17 with 1484 viewsgrumpy

Seems as if we are relying on our defenders to score these days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024