Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Fate Once Again Force Russell Martin's Hand 11:45 - Sep 16 with 915 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/62980/

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Will Fate Once Again Force Russell Martin's Hand on 11:51 - Sep 16 with 897 viewsPatfromPoole

He can bring back Manning to play in Super Jack's place.

We saw a sneak preview of him in a central midfield role at the Oxford friendly.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Will Fate Once Again Force Russell Martin's Hand on 12:08 - Sep 16 with 849 viewsfelly1

Ever thought of focusing on the goalscoring ( or lack of) side of the game Nick?
1 goal in 4 games courtesy of our full back tends to scream out to me as our most pressing issue.

1045677 articles where you've pressed home your feelings on Stephens or McCarthy but very little else with regards to our zero goal threat , which I suspect will lead to relegation.
Will Fate Once Again Force Russell Martin's Hand on 13:21 - Sep 16 with 708 viewsSaintNick

Will Fate Once Again Force Russell Martin's Hand on 12:08 - Sep 16 by felly1

Ever thought of focusing on the goalscoring ( or lack of) side of the game Nick?
1 goal in 4 games courtesy of our full back tends to scream out to me as our most pressing issue.

1045677 articles where you've pressed home your feelings on Stephens or McCarthy but very little else with regards to our zero goal threat , which I suspect will lead to relegation.

You are right, but the real issue at the moment is defending, if we can get that right then we can create more chances and not be starting games.

Also most of our strike force has yet to really play many games for the club, so im reserving judgement for a couple of more games

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Will Fate Once Again Force Russell Martin's Hand on 13:43 - Sep 16 with 666 viewsButty101

Will Fate Once Again Force Russell Martin's Hand on 13:21 - Sep 16 by SaintNick

You are right, but the real issue at the moment is defending, if we can get that right then we can create more chances and not be starting games.

Also most of our strike force has yet to really play many games for the club, so im reserving judgement for a couple of more games

Having no goal threat just puts more pressure on the defense. Not scoring is the bigger Issue and failing to get a number 9 is looking costly. I’m very disappointed with Diaz , so far he’s been a massively underwhelming.
Stephens deserved to stay in over tbh who had a poor start to the season. I would be teased to give Bella kotcha a run

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Will Fate Once Again Force Russell Martin's Hand on 13:59 - Sep 16 with 627 viewsTimSaint

Will Fate Once Again Force Russell Martin's Hand on 12:08 - Sep 16 by felly1

We can't score and can't defend.

Last season the main criticisms were that we didn't score enough in games and our defence/keeper gifted the opposition chances that they sometimes took. Now we don't score at all (bar 1 injury time consolation) and we keep on gifting chances at the back that get taken more often.

I'm just glad I went to Cardiff and saw us score 5 goals (and concede 3) !!

TimSaint

Will Fate Once Again Force Russell Martin's Hand on 14:54 - Sep 16 with 554 viewsgrumpy

Will Fate Once Again Force Russell Martin's Hand on 13:43 - Sep 16 by Butty101

Having no goal threat just puts more pressure on the defense. Not scoring is the bigger Issue and failing to get a number 9 is looking costly. I’m very disappointed with Diaz , so far he’s been a massively underwhelming.
Stephens deserved to stay in over tbh who had a poor start to the season. I would be teased to give Bella kotcha a run

Bella Kotchap should be given a few games. He’s a big lad at 6ft 3in and came through the German youth system. Made the German first team two years ago and that takes some doing.Him and that new lad from Chelsea(sorry can’t spell his name ,starts with U) would give a lot of strength to the defence.
Will Fate Once Again Force Russell Martin's Hand on 15:25 - Sep 16 with 489 viewssaint901

Bella Kotchap is however a delicate flower whose body or mind is liable to fail within 30 minutes of the start, a forcing yet more changes in a defence which is low on confidence. He is very much a player of last resort for me.

We can make chances (until we go behind when belief leaks out of the team like a leaky bucket) but not take them. Once we are behind, chances are harder to come by. ON the other hand every time the opposition attack, we look like conceding.

If I thought for a moment RM listened to anybody except what he sees in the mirror, I'd be tempted to ask him to pick a team which has one striker only and four defenders and five midfield players. If we can't score anyway, just stop letting goals in. A couple of 0-0 looks good right now.

BUt RM won't do that. Instead, he will not look at Burnley last season and what happened to them and will continue to to allow the defenders to hand out free goals.
Will Fate Once Again Force Russell Martin's Hand on 15:29 - Sep 16 with 483 viewsTimSaint

Will Fate Once Again Force Russell Martin's Hand on 14:54 - Sep 16 by grumpy

Bella Kotchap should be given a few games. He’s a big lad at 6ft 3in and came through the German youth system. Made the German first team two years ago and that takes some doing.Him and that new lad from Chelsea(sorry can’t spell his name ,starts with U) would give a lot of strength to the defence.

ABK got a run out in the 2nd half of the Cardiff game, so I fully expect him to be given a role tomorrow night as well.

As for Ugochukwu, or fondly know as Big Les, he is a midfielder and actually started the game against Man U on Saturday, completing 64 mins before being subbed.

TimSaint

Login to get fewer ads

Will Fate Once Again Force Russell Martin's Hand on 18:56 - Sep 16 with 296 viewsgrumpy

Will Fate Once Again Force Russell Martin's Hand on 15:29 - Sep 16 by TimSaint

ABK got a run out in the 2nd half of the Cardiff game, so I fully expect him to be given a role tomorrow night as well.

As for Ugochukwu, or fondly know as Big Les, he is a midfielder and actually started the game against Man U on Saturday, completing 64 mins before being subbed.

Ugochukwu is a defensive Midfielder.
Another at 6ft 3in.
Will Fate Once Again Force Russell Martin's Hand on 19:26 - Sep 16 with 269 viewsfelly1

Will Fate Once Again Force Russell Martin's Hand on 13:21 - Sep 16 by SaintNick

Our best finish under Ralph.. 11th I think, Stephens, Bednarek and Mccarthy were regular starters.

The difference was we had a certain Mr Ings who scored 22 league goals.

As much as I'd like to upgrade our defence I'd suggest the lack of goalscorers has been the root cause of our downfall and why we're relegated previously from the Prem and why we'll likely to go down again.

We have three below average Premier league regular starting CBs, all have made mistakes, all have flaws.

One is picked on more than the others.
Our only hope is THB has time to improve.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024