Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fanzones 19:14 - Sep 15 with 1167 viewsPatfromPoole

I am going to boycott these fanzones for as long as possible.

Walked past the Northam Fanzone yesterday after seeing the Saints Brass tribute to Elijah, and it irritated me a lot that Saints fans were a lot noisier in there than they are in the ground.

Please support the pubs in Southampton. It is far more important that they continue to thrive.

Sing in the ground rather than in these gulags.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Fanzones on 19:22 - Sep 15 with 1143 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Seconded. Well said Sir.
Fanzones on 21:38 - Sep 15 with 958 viewskingslandstand1

I had to tell people around me (in the ground, wouldn't touch the fz), what the applause was all about and the photo on the screens and they nearly all responded accordingly for the whole 20th minute!
Fanzones on 10:36 - Sep 16 with 668 viewsUlsterBaz

Modern fans, it’s all about the Insta in the concourses, not noise on the terracing. If you wanted a decent beer you wouldn’t go anywhere near the fanzones anyway.
Fanzones on 11:23 - Sep 16 with 609 viewskingolaf

Had a lager in the Northam zone before the game and it was minging.

Won’t be rushing back.
Fanzones on 18:49 - Sep 16 with 479 viewsMrangry25

My dad is 86 and suffers with dementia, we have massive trouble trying to park close to the ground so that he doesn’t have to walk too far. The fanzone seemed to us to be a great way of getting parked early and then sitting and having a chat with a beer. How wrong were we, whilst I think it a good idea it has not been very well thought through or indeed implemented. We arrived at 11am and could not get a seat in the Northam end so had to walk around to the Kingsland Gasworks area to eventually find some where he could sit down. Bearing in mind we have seats in Block 10 on the opposite side we then had to fight the crowd back around to get in. All in all a very stressful time for my dad, and thanks to all those people who were stood up in the Northam Zone but couldn’t be asked to allow my dad a seat at the table. Won’t be going again.
Fanzones on 19:43 - Sep 16 with 424 viewsUTS1885

If you filled out surveys sent to you via email over the last four or so years, then some of this fanzone stuff has come from people wanting it. However i dont believe that should include the 'caged in' approach. If the club wanted to use the northam former car park area for other stuff, they could simply use the temp fencing.

I also think the council (useless prats ) didnt consider the effect it would have on local businesses.
[Post edited 17 Sep 8:52]
Fanzones on 22:48 - Sep 16 with 323 viewsdjsaint

Fanzones on 18:49 - Sep 16 by Mrangry25

My dad is 86 and suffers with dementia, we have massive trouble trying to park close to the ground so that he doesn’t have to walk too far. The fanzone seemed to us to be a great way of getting parked early and then sitting and having a chat with a beer. How wrong were we, whilst I think it a good idea it has not been very well thought through or indeed implemented. We arrived at 11am and could not get a seat in the Northam end so had to walk around to the Kingsland Gasworks area to eventually find some where he could sit down. Bearing in mind we have seats in Block 10 on the opposite side we then had to fight the crowd back around to get in. All in all a very stressful time for my dad, and thanks to all those people who were stood up in the Northam Zone but couldn’t be asked to allow my dad a seat at the table. Won’t be going again.

The fault here is with your choice of fanzones!
I’d never take my father (in his 80’s) to the Northam one as it’s just too busy/noisy etc (exactly what is was envisaged as being). The Chapel fanzone is much better suited especially if your in block 10.

Poll: Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell?

Fanzones on 23:03 - Sep 16 with 309 viewsdjsaint

Fanzones on 19:43 - Sep 16 by UTS1885

If you filled out surveys sent to you via email over the last four or so years, then some of this fanzone stuff has come from people wanting it. However i dont believe that should include the 'caged in' approach. If the club wanted to use the northam former car park area for other stuff, they could simply use the temp fencing.

I also think the council (useless prats ) didnt consider the effect it would have on local businesses.
[Post edited 17 Sep 8:52]

Temporary (heras type) fencing is nowhere near as safe/secure as the permanent fencing considering its designed purpose.
Southampton fc is a local business and well within its right to attract/encourage fans to enjoy a different offering pre/post match. They’re not doing a ‘Wetherspoons’ and undercutting pubs in town. The fanzones are not to everyone’s liking but there’s clearly a market for them!

Poll: Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024