Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colback 18:09 - Aug 17 with 14474 viewsLongsufferingR

Must never be picked again. How thick can one person be?
Colback on 18:11 - Aug 17 with 7613 viewsT_Block

Thoughtful and considered response......
Colback on 18:12 - Aug 17 with 7578 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Does anyone know what exactly happened for each of the bookings?

I was only watching on the stream, and it picked up neither incident, so i don't want to pile on.

I will say this, though, and I posted as much on the fred: if he bothered his arse tracking back on the Sheff U breakaway then the first booking mightn't have happened at all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Colback on 18:18 - Aug 17 with 7474 viewsstevec

Wasn’t our midfield getting ripped open until he came on?
Colback on 18:18 - Aug 17 with 7470 viewsQuillPenRiot

He’s obviously a passionate and fiery player, does better when angry. Crime didn’t fit the punishment though, inane to give him a quick second yellow just for talking so I’m thinking they’re making an example. Proper would have been to talk to Cook and Marti, tell them to take him off themselves if it was really that bad — maybe we’ll hear something after the match about what he said that merited it, would have to believe something racist and hate related if it did deserve a second. I reserve judgment and say it’s over the top; would expect the club to fine him though, and I also think that is proper
Colback on 18:20 - Aug 17 with 7433 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Colback on 18:18 - Aug 17 by stevec

Absolutely improved us when he came on, dead right Steve.
Field dropping to midfield also helped us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Colback on 18:21 - Aug 17 with 7403 viewsLongsufferingR

All the more reason not to get sent off yet again for such stupidity.
Colback on 18:24 - Aug 17 with 7353 viewsessextaxiboy

I think he is a decent player , I would trust him more than anyone to score a crucial penalty and he brings strength in mentality .
However as his age is catching up with him he is losing his head and letting the team down .
If his job is to come on and see games out he has to stay on the pitch and do the job .
Colback on 18:25 - Aug 17 with 7339 viewsT_Block

Agree.His covering is probably the best we have.Certainly something Varane could learn from.
Field was lax and knows it.
Login to get fewer ads

Colback on 18:27 - Aug 17 with 7266 viewsstowmarketrange

Colback on 18:12 - Aug 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Does anyone know what exactly happened for each of the bookings?

I was only watching on the stream, and it picked up neither incident, so i don't want to pile on.

I will say this, though, and I posted as much on the fred: if he bothered his arse tracking back on the Sheff U breakaway then the first booking mightn't have happened at all.

The 1st yellow was go complaining to the ref for not getting a free kick seconds before he gave Sheffield Utd one.
I didn’t see what the 2nd one was for but if it was for dissent too,he must be the 1st player ever to get 2 yellows for dissent.The ref was a homer though and couldn’t wait to book our players for the same fouls as he was letting Utd players off with.
Colback on 18:48 - Aug 17 with 7005 viewsmart_Goblin

Yes agreed, we looked much better when Colback was on the pitch .
However don’t be under any illusion that Sheffield Utd tossed that second half right off for the most part .
Colback on 18:54 - Aug 17 with 6917 viewsNed_Kennedys

Stupid to get sent off but ‘must never be picked again’?
Words fail me.
Colback on 19:01 - Aug 17 with 6809 viewsdigswellhoop

experience player should know better
Colback on 19:09 - Aug 17 with 6714 viewsted_hendrix

Surely the ref could have used a tiny bit of common sense, no need to have sent him off so quickly, you might argue that Colback could have used a bit more common sense too but they're you go.
I like Colback as a player, he's solid, not perfect but a reliable solid player.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Colback on 19:18 - Aug 17 with 6611 viewshoops_legend

Stupid - yes but too soon to write him off

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Colback on 19:43 - Aug 17 with 6364 viewsactonman

Never seen a player get sent off for speaking his mind and I’ve seen Rooney ref games single handedly most his career ! Not having any issues with jack , done nothing every other player does week in week out , ref summed himself up 2 mins later when their guy literally had to be held back from giving the linesman grief and only got a talking too ? Absolute joke
Colback on 19:54 - Aug 17 with 6245 viewsBeejnewark

According to a news report, he was pointing out that one of their players, on a yellow card, made the gesture asking for a yellow card, which should have been their second yellow. Doing this gave HIM the second yellow, ironically.
Colback on 20:09 - Aug 17 with 6025 viewsDamo1962

Colback on 18:48 - Aug 17 by mart_Goblin

Yes agreed, we looked much better when Colback was on the pitch .
However don’t be under any illusion that Sheffield Utd tossed that second half right off for the most part .

That is their unprofessionalism. I prefer to think we rolled our sleeves up and earned that point. When we can sustain performances over the whole match...we will be on the right trajectory I think. A home win next week would be a great continuation of the second half at Bramall Lane today. Apart from Burnley...league looks very interesting this season.
Colback on 20:11 - Aug 17 with 6002 viewsLandshark

Obviously not sure what was said in each case, or the context, but it was interesting to see directly after the red card Jack Robinson arguing with the referee and faced no consequences.
Colback on 20:20 - Aug 17 with 5904 viewsterryb

It looked like the referee was called over by his assistant or fourth official before giving the second caution. The commentry certainly stated that he had gone over to where the managers & officials were.

IF they reported something, I doubt that the referee would have any option than to issue the second caution.
Colback on 21:49 - Aug 17 with 5443 viewsgazza1

Colback is a big asset to the club and team.....it was an error on MC's behalf to leave him out of the starting line up imho. He improved the side, massive, when he came onto the pitch in the 2nd half - 100%.

He got sent off - stupid....sadly posters will 'jump' on him for that without looking at the big picture. He is a better player, atm, than Varane.

PS-he is a ginger!!!!
[Post edited 17 Aug 21:52]
Colback on 21:57 - Aug 17 with 5301 viewsCateLeBonR

I thought it was his best performance for us.
Colback on 21:58 - Aug 17 with 5278 viewsSpaceman_P

I think I am the only one who thinks the Ref's choice was a bit harsh.

Sure we don't know what was actually said, but seemed a bit ridiculous to Red card the bloke for a little nagging.

I'll agree with the other posters, he improved the team when he came on.

I think he should be picked again, but let QPR fine him and hopefully he will learn a lesson here.
[Post edited 17 Aug 22:07]
Colback on 22:00 - Aug 17 with 5245 viewsconnell10

Colback on 18:21 - Aug 17 by LongsufferingR

All the more reason not to get sent off yet again for such stupidity.

All depends what happened, I don't trust championship refs, so I'm willing to give the Ginger Ninja the benefit of the doubt.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Colback on 22:00 - Aug 17 with 5222 viewsBoston

Colback on 18:18 - Aug 17 by QuillPenRiot

He’s obviously a passionate and fiery player, does better when angry. Crime didn’t fit the punishment though, inane to give him a quick second yellow just for talking so I’m thinking they’re making an example. Proper would have been to talk to Cook and Marti, tell them to take him off themselves if it was really that bad — maybe we’ll hear something after the match about what he said that merited it, would have to believe something racist and hate related if it did deserve a second. I reserve judgment and say it’s over the top; would expect the club to fine him though, and I also think that is proper

Your 'proper' reference with regard to officiating, made me think of Pinner. Whatever happened to our in-house Ref?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Colback on 22:01 - Aug 17 with 5209 viewsgazza1

Colback on 21:58 - Aug 17 by Spaceman_P

I think I am the only one who thinks the Ref's choice was a bit harsh.

Sure we don't know what was actually said, but seemed a bit ridiculous to Red card the bloke for a little nagging.

I'll agree with the other posters, he improved the team when he came on.

I think he should be picked again, but let QPR fine him and hopefully he will learn a lesson here.
[Post edited 17 Aug 22:07]

I do not know what he actually said and why he got sent off.......do you know???
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024