Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more 14:35 - Jul 27 with 1410 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62682/

Match, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 15:46 - Jul 27 with 1300 viewsblackpooljack

Not an accurate report at all, the changes didnt happen til after we had equalised and the Swans were in complete control before they had actually replied, it just took a stern talking to at HT. and I'm pretty sure that Eom and Franco weren't on the pitch at the same time.
[Post edited 27 Jul 15:50]
Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 17:41 - Jul 27 with 1138 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 15:46 - Jul 27 by blackpooljack

Not an accurate report at all, the changes didnt happen til after we had equalised and the Swans were in complete control before they had actually replied, it just took a stern talking to at HT. and I'm pretty sure that Eom and Franco weren't on the pitch at the same time.
[Post edited 27 Jul 15:50]

Read it, it says into the second half.

What else is not accurate, the stats, the teams in your ‘not accurate’ at all dig ?

Apart from the fact Liam chose to deliver content when he didn’t need to 🤷🏻‍♂️

Admittedly there’s two errors, but there’s a way of delivering feedback and it isn’t to someone who makes this website so much better. Other websites are available but without the effort.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 18:46 - Jul 27 with 1052 viewsblackpooljack

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 17:41 - Jul 27 by KeithHaynes

Read it, it says into the second half.

What else is not accurate, the stats, the teams in your ‘not accurate’ at all dig ?

Apart from the fact Liam chose to deliver content when he didn’t need to 🤷🏻‍♂️

Admittedly there’s two errors, but there’s a way of delivering feedback and it isn’t to someone who makes this website so much better. Other websites are available but without the effort.

I'm pretty sure most would have read it the same way as I did, but if they didnt then who cares I certainly don't
Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 18:51 - Jul 27 with 1041 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 18:46 - Jul 27 by blackpooljack

I'm pretty sure most would have read it the same way as I did, but if they didnt then who cares I certainly don't

Well, why mention it then.
A civil post gets a civil reply.

Conversely as on Twitter which seems odd that you are the protagonist on there as well. ( we are told )

Why do this ?

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 21:13 - Jul 27 with 936 viewsblackpooljack

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 18:51 - Jul 27 by KeithHaynes

Well, why mention it then.
A civil post gets a civil reply.

Conversely as on Twitter which seems odd that you are the protagonist on there as well. ( we are told )

Why do this ?

Never ever ever been on twitter
Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 21:17 - Jul 27 with 930 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 21:13 - Jul 27 by blackpooljack

Never ever ever been on twitter

Ah well, a line is drawn.

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 15:14 - Jul 28 with 757 viewsKeithHaynes

The highlights.

Call em what you like.

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 20:43 - Jul 28 with 636 viewsRichardO

Quite nice to see the ball being played inside the full back to what seemed like good effect on the highlights, didn't get to see the game but it seemed to be a tactic which we have not seen used into a crowd box for quite some time.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 23:21 - Jul 28 with 596 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 20:43 - Jul 28 by RichardO

Quite nice to see the ball being played inside the full back to what seemed like good effect on the highlights, didn't get to see the game but it seemed to be a tactic which we have not seen used into a crowd box for quite some time.

Need someone to get on the end of these opportunities.

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 10:51 - Jul 29 with 519 viewsRichardO

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 23:21 - Jul 28 by KeithHaynes

Need someone to get on the end of these opportunities.

How many times have we seen forwards making runs that aren't spotted players taking too long to get the ball forward also when we get on the edge of the box, shaping up to shoot then as defenders come out to block the shot the easy pass is made to the side but the closing down player usually has come from just inside the box so there are spaces where they have come from so if the passes are quick the space can be opened up but not with slow passing . OK in a densely packed defence it can be hard to find those spaces but unless we get the balls quicker into the box, be it driving with the ball or passes nothing will open up, defenders have very little room for errors. We have seen both Franco and Kuharevich benefited by the problems cause by getting the ball in the box but you have to support the forward or forwards. So is the problem the forwards or the players around them?
Piroe and Ntcham even Paterson were very good at creating chances in very little space but they needed players around them to create that space and at times.
Lowe was a different play to when he was here the first time his hold up play for Key's goal was excellent and his defensive work was excellent and yet he kept on getting caught off sidewas that his bad play or not getting the ball to him first time.
Hope we get a quick , taller, strong centre foward but it is a while before the end of the transfer window closes and Williams will know his team but it is a squad game now especially with five Subs let's hope we don't get the last minute outgoings of players coupled with the injuries that caused chaos last year.Hope Williams has readied enough youngsters to step up to have an impact when needed.
Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 11:20 - Jul 29 with 494 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 10:51 - Jul 29 by RichardO

How many times have we seen forwards making runs that aren't spotted players taking too long to get the ball forward also when we get on the edge of the box, shaping up to shoot then as defenders come out to block the shot the easy pass is made to the side but the closing down player usually has come from just inside the box so there are spaces where they have come from so if the passes are quick the space can be opened up but not with slow passing . OK in a densely packed defence it can be hard to find those spaces but unless we get the balls quicker into the box, be it driving with the ball or passes nothing will open up, defenders have very little room for errors. We have seen both Franco and Kuharevich benefited by the problems cause by getting the ball in the box but you have to support the forward or forwards. So is the problem the forwards or the players around them?
Piroe and Ntcham even Paterson were very good at creating chances in very little space but they needed players around them to create that space and at times.
Lowe was a different play to when he was here the first time his hold up play for Key's goal was excellent and his defensive work was excellent and yet he kept on getting caught off sidewas that his bad play or not getting the ball to him first time.
Hope we get a quick , taller, strong centre foward but it is a while before the end of the transfer window closes and Williams will know his team but it is a squad game now especially with five Subs let's hope we don't get the last minute outgoings of players coupled with the injuries that caused chaos last year.Hope Williams has readied enough youngsters to step up to have an impact when needed.

Great post. I said on another thread that sometimes we need to be more industrial in our approach and just get the ball into the mixer. We fart around with it on the peripheries which is comfortable for most defences then attempt something that comes off once in a blue moon because it’s too intricate. Get the ball into the danger area. I see so many other teams do it and with success, even them lot up the road. If we’ve not got the tools, do something that suits what we do have.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 11:24 - Jul 29 with 488 viewsonehunglow

Coaching helps players to get the n the ends f moves
We haven’t one

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 13:55 - Jul 29 with 451 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 11:24 - Jul 29 by onehunglow

Coaching helps players to get the n the ends f moves
We haven’t one

Instinct prevails, you either can or you can’t. Intelligence off the ball, anticipation and the odd gamble. Not my words the words of John Toshack.

All of these players are fit enough to be where they want to be on the pitch, it’s down to their own speed of thought and Cullen has had plenty of time to learn that.

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 14:11 - Jul 29 with 448 viewsRichardO

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 11:20 - Jul 29 by union_jack

Great post. I said on another thread that sometimes we need to be more industrial in our approach and just get the ball into the mixer. We fart around with it on the peripheries which is comfortable for most defences then attempt something that comes off once in a blue moon because it’s too intricate. Get the ball into the danger area. I see so many other teams do it and with success, even them lot up the road. If we’ve not got the tools, do something that suits what we do have.

I'm not suggesting getting the ball in willy nilly which some of our crosses last year seemed to be last season but then again if a winger is getting the ball in you would expect forwards not the singular to try and get across defenders or in behind you cannot expect a lone striker to terrorise defenders, unless you are Toney or Halland and even then their team mates benefit off the problems caused It is those problem, we are not causing by not getting enough players and the ball into dangerous areas quick enough.

A word of caution though you have to make sure that you have cover in place at all times we have seen us caught out so many times over the last three seasons and the friendlies so far which has shown we are not defensively strong, with no cover for mistakes because of players not quick enough to help their team mates or so intent on attacking they forget their defensive duties and over commit which is a worry so close to the seasons start.
Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 14:40 - Jul 29 with 437 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 13:55 - Jul 29 by KeithHaynes

Instinct prevails, you either can or you can’t. Intelligence off the ball, anticipation and the odd gamble. Not my words the words of John Toshack.

All of these players are fit enough to be where they want to be on the pitch, it’s down to their own speed of thought and Cullen has had plenty of time to learn that.

Eloquent but I remain unconvinced he could
He hasn’t the ability

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 18:41 - Jul 29 with 408 viewsFireboy2

Attack is the best form of defence in any team sport, being on your toes rather than your heels.

When I watch us there is so much space on the halfway and towards the box that doesn't get filled quickly enough, If it was as I have suggested above we would be a far better team, I can't help but think that most coaches want to keep possession but I've heard that williams likes to get the ball forward quickly to the wingers and attacking midfielders, unless he gets the players we want we might never see it.
Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 18:47 - Jul 29 with 404 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 18:41 - Jul 29 by Fireboy2

Attack is the best form of defence in any team sport, being on your toes rather than your heels.

When I watch us there is so much space on the halfway and towards the box that doesn't get filled quickly enough, If it was as I have suggested above we would be a far better team, I can't help but think that most coaches want to keep possession but I've heard that williams likes to get the ball forward quickly to the wingers and attacking midfielders, unless he gets the players we want we might never see it.

You can’t attack if you don’t have attackers ,ie guys who can score a goal.

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 19:43 - Jul 29 with 372 viewssons_of_omri

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 18:41 - Jul 29 by Fireboy2

I have high hopes for Franco in that regard. Could be a Flynn Downes type but it’s more skill and aggression. I read his interview on the OS after the Vardar game and he was genuinely disappointed not to have won. That’s a mentality I haven’t seen from within the group for a long time and the perfect mindset that’s needed at a successful club. I hope he takes the division (and the team) by the scruff of the neck this season. Genuinely excited about him
Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 19:47 - Jul 29 with 367 viewssons_of_omri

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 18:47 - Jul 29 by onehunglow

You can’t attack if you don’t have attackers ,ie guys who can score a goal.

We’ve got a decent poacher in Cullen and a big target man in Kukreyavich. The manager has to be the bigger man and sit him down and clear the slate - to be a good manager you have to be able to utilise every player in your squad. I believe there’s a decent striker in there and with the service he will get from the wings could do some damage.

It’s all about him knuckling down and taking the chance of a fresh start the manager should be clever enough to give him. Leaving a guy rot on the bench when we’ve a thin squad isn’t smart management.
Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 20:07 - Jul 29 with 339 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 19:47 - Jul 29 by sons_of_omri

We’ve got a decent poacher in Cullen and a big target man in Kukreyavich. The manager has to be the bigger man and sit him down and clear the slate - to be a good manager you have to be able to utilise every player in your squad. I believe there’s a decent striker in there and with the service he will get from the wings could do some damage.

It’s all about him knuckling down and taking the chance of a fresh start the manager should be clever enough to give him. Leaving a guy rot on the bench when we’ve a thin squad isn’t smart management.

The Mykola situation is baffling.

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 22:08 - Jul 29 with 296 viewssons_of_omri

Swansea City 1 FK Vardar 1 : Report, Stats, Teams and more on 20:07 - Jul 29 by KeithHaynes

The Mykola situation is baffling.

Innit. A big man who’s good in the air and we have at least two of the best crossers I’ve seen recently in Ronald and Tyson (probably the Korean Guy too but I’ll reserve judgement).

Play to your strengths Luke!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024