Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Duff sacked 21:01 - Dec 4 with 12391 viewsraynor94

News coming out

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Duff sacked on 22:08 - Dec 4 with 2333 viewsvetchonian

Duff sacked on 22:08 - Dec 4 by swan65split

Bit of a surprise, but would be good in the end,get someone in to make full use of the window,

depends on who that person is

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Duff sacked on 22:11 - Dec 4 with 2316 viewsWhiterockin

Duff sacked on 22:08 - Dec 4 by swan65split

Bit of a surprise, but would be good in the end,get someone in to make full use of the window,

We don't sign anyone in January anyway.
Duff sacked on 22:14 - Dec 4 with 2297 viewsunion_jack

What price on Duff to Rotherham and giving us a pasting on Saturday?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Duff sacked on 22:14 - Dec 4 with 2265 viewsonehunglow

Duff sacked on 21:11 - Dec 4 by KeithHaynes

Really a bad move, not sure it’s been thiught through.

It’s why the phrase “ he’s going nowhere”bites on backsides

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Duff sacked on 22:16 - Dec 4 with 2268 viewsunion_jack

Duff sacked on 22:14 - Dec 4 by onehunglow

It’s why the phrase “ he’s going nowhere”bites on backsides

I didnt see this coming though R

Duff sacked on 22:18 - Dec 4 with 2228 viewsonehunglow

Duff sacked on 22:16 - Dec 4 by union_jack

Few did.
I’m quite impressed ,I think
A disastrous appointment as are the players brought in.
The loanees might be affected now
We need experience now not someone learning the job .

Duff sacked on 22:39 - Dec 4 with 2148 viewsswan65split

Duff sacked on 22:11 - Dec 4 by Whiterockin

We don't sign anyone in January anyway.

We may have to or its a door dropper.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 22:39]
Duff sacked on 09:21 - Dec 5 with 1765 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Duff sacked on 22:16 - Dec 4 by union_jack

The R on the end of that made me read it in a pirates voice.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Login to get fewer ads

Duff sacked on 09:24 - Dec 5 with 1743 viewsonehunglow

Duff sacked on 09:21 - Dec 5 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The R on the end of that made me read it in a pirates voice.

I should have nominated you for poster of the ear .

Duff sacked on 09:51 - Dec 5 with 1718 viewsshandyjack

I'm surprised people have been surprised at this news. It seemed inevitable that he would be sacked this season it was of a matter of when not if.
Not liked by staff or many of the players and he has hardly enamored himself with the fans.

I'm glad the club acted early and the next appt is crucial for Watson and Coleman

Poll: Expectation for the season

Duff sacked on 10:00 - Dec 5 with 1686 viewsWhiterockin

Duff sacked on 09:51 - Dec 5 by shandyjack

I'm surprised people have been surprised at this news. It seemed inevitable that he would be sacked this season it was of a matter of when not if.
Not liked by staff or many of the players and he has hardly enamored himself with the fans.

I'm glad the club acted early and the next appt is crucial for Watson and Coleman

Some of the new players, Yates as an example have been poor and Duff has carried much of the blame, others have blamed the recruitment team. It will be very interesting to see how this pans out, are they poor buys or poorly managed. If its poorly managed, any compensation we pay Duff will be insignificant compared to the players drop in value.
Duff sacked on 10:44 - Dec 5 with 1573 viewsnantywatcher

Duff sacked on 10:00 - Dec 5 by Whiterockin

Some of the new players, Yates as an example have been poor and Duff has carried much of the blame, others have blamed the recruitment team. It will be very interesting to see how this pans out, are they poor buys or poorly managed. If its poorly managed, any compensation we pay Duff will be insignificant compared to the players drop in value.

Great point - in the real world what would we lose on Yates? About £2million I would guess.
Duff sacked on 12:09 - Dec 5 with 1446 viewsTreforys_Jack

Duff sacked on 09:51 - Dec 5 by shandyjack

Spot on shandy
Duff sacked on 12:15 - Dec 5 with 1428 viewsjack247

Duff sacked on 10:44 - Dec 5 by nantywatcher

Great point - in the real world what would we lose on Yates? About £2million I would guess.

If we sold him now you’re probably not far off.

I had a nagging feeling Duff would keep playing him like he has, would eventually drop him and we’d end up selling him at a big loss, then he’d go elsewhere, be played in a pair and do well.

Hopefully whoever comes in does that here.
Duff sacked on 13:52 - Dec 5 with 1247 viewsRichardO

Do we go aboard for a manager and hope we get someone who will bring good experienced players under the radar? (who won't break within the first couple of weeks with us)
Duff sacked on 14:00 - Dec 5 with 1224 viewsWhiterockin

Duff sacked on 13:52 - Dec 5 by RichardO

Do we go aboard for a manager and hope we get someone who will bring good experienced players under the radar? (who won't break within the first couple of weeks with us)

I don't think the chairman knows the British Market let alone the European.

Referencing last nights statement.

“Being present in Swansea matters, but so does taking responsibility. I will learn from the experience of these last several months. My appreciation for how critical the Swansea identity is to this club has grown since the summer and it will be high in my mind as I make the decision on our new head coach.”

It looks he is employing the coach, nobody else.
Duff sacked on 16:04 - Dec 5 with 1094 viewsBoundy

Duff sacked on 10:44 - Dec 5 by nantywatcher

I know Grimes is like marmite but imo this season so far has been his worst with us, his poor decision making along with sloppy passing maybe a reflection on our ex manager ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Duff sacked on 16:30 - Dec 5 with 1036 viewsonehunglow

Duff sacked on 16:04 - Dec 5 by Boundy

I know Grimes is like marmite but imo this season so far has been his worst with us, his poor decision making along with sloppy passing maybe a reflection on our ex manager ?

He’s @ great young pro but,like many others before him,vastly overrated .
We are stuck with him for four years ,as we were with Naughton. Just who is making this decisions ,probably the same that thought it @ good idea to bring back a virtually shot to pieces Joe Allen ,a real terrier now seeing his career end ever closer .
We have made shocking decisions really and are paying the price now . This comes from above. .

As for Grimes, if opposition target him,he basically falls apart stroking the ball directly at his opponent or out of play . It’s a shame as he has talent but it’s been coached out of him,or drawn out of him. His lack of pace is killing us at crucial times and when they go past him he cannot recover .
He should be nowhere near the CH position. Ever.

Duff sacked on 16:39 - Dec 5 with 1023 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

I’m not one to call for a managers sacking it’s obviously an incredibly hard job but although I wanted him to succeed I found it hard to get behind duff so I’m very happy to see him gone.

This next appointment is the most important in twenty odd years and I don’t trust these idiots to get it right.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Duff sacked on 16:47 - Dec 5 with 1000 viewsjack247

Duff sacked on 16:39 - Dec 5 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I’m not one to call for a managers sacking it’s obviously an incredibly hard job but although I wanted him to succeed I found it hard to get behind duff so I’m very happy to see him gone.

This next appointment is the most important in twenty odd years and I don’t trust these idiots to get it right.

Your last sentence is the only reason I didn’t want him sacked. I’m not disappointed at all, but I am anxious about what comes next.
Duff sacked on 16:59 - Dec 5 with 984 viewsReslovenSwan1

It was the fans that wanted Huw Jenkins out. He had a bad year with poor recruitment but was back on form with Potter. The Trust put the boot in on him quite unfairly.

If he was in charge people could sleep easily understanding that the new man would at least bring improvements in style and results.

Duff needed a better strike force. He could have helped himself by bringing players he knew to help him.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Duff sacked on 18:36 - Dec 5 with 848 viewsshingle

Duff sacked on 21:05 - Dec 4 by raynor94

No surprise, he never endeared himself to the club.

Surprised the owners have acted this quick

They must have had a deal with a very small amount of pay off now they have to find another cheap as chips guy and again hope for the best.
Duff sacked on 18:44 - Dec 5 with 841 viewsshingle

Duff sacked on 21:17 - Dec 4 by raynor94

Can't agree there Keith, his team selections and substitutions have been baffling.

He just seems out of his depth, could never warm to him

The players are to put it bluntly not up to much, still the penny just will not drop with so many of you guys, the only way the next guy may be able to get some success is if the owners surprise us all and splash out on a bit of class in the January window, but that will not happen so as it is it will be.
Duff sacked on 18:49 - Dec 5 with 833 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61403/latest-odds-explor

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Duff sacked on 18:49 - Dec 5 with 831 viewsunion_jack

Duff sacked on 18:44 - Dec 5 by shingle

The players are to put it bluntly not up to much, still the penny just will not drop with so many of you guys, the only way the next guy may be able to get some success is if the owners surprise us all and splash out on a bit of class in the January window, but that will not happen so as it is it will be.

The players we have are good enough to be comfortably top 10. They’ve just lacked good coaching both individually and as a team. No, they aren't promotion candidates as the top 4 are strong especially the three relegated sides.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024