Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales school summer holidays may be cut by a week 06:18 - Nov 21 with 4021 viewsWhiterockin

Its fine for the Senedd who shut for the summer break, but it will mean parents trying to all get time off at the same time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-67475949
Wales school summer holidays may be cut by a week on 20:00 - Nov 22 with 593 viewsGwyn737

Wales school summer holidays may be cut by a week on 14:38 - Nov 22 by Flashberryjack

Nice to see the Senedd is dealing with vitally important issues in Wales.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2023 17:32]

I suppose it depends how long it takes them.

It took the Tories a couple of years to do their term time legislation.
Wales school summer holidays may be cut by a week on 20:53 - Nov 22 with 569 viewsFlashberryjack

Wales school summer holidays may be cut by a week on 20:00 - Nov 22 by Gwyn737

I suppose it depends how long it takes them.

It took the Tories a couple of years to do their term time legislation.

Whataboutery

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Wales school summer holidays may be cut by a week on 21:00 - Nov 22 with 555 viewsGwyn737

Wales school summer holidays may be cut by a week on 20:53 - Nov 22 by Flashberryjack

Whataboutery

Identical subject.

There are many and varied things to rightly complain about the WG for, this isn’t one of them.

Critics often point out the whole ‘we do things differently’ malarkey but this is just doing the same to come in line with Westminster.
Wales school summer holidays may be cut by a week on 21:21 - Nov 22 with 542 viewsFlashberryjack

Wales school summer holidays may be cut by a week on 21:00 - Nov 22 by Gwyn737

Identical subject.

There are many and varied things to rightly complain about the WG for, this isn’t one of them.

Critics often point out the whole ‘we do things differently’ malarkey but this is just doing the same to come in line with Westminster.

No it's not, read the title of the post.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Wales school summer holidays may be cut by a week on 21:31 - Nov 22 with 532 viewsGwyn737

Wales school summer holidays may be cut by a week on 21:21 - Nov 22 by Flashberryjack

No it's not, read the title of the post.

Yep. Just pointing out that the OP would bring Wales in line with England.
Wales school summer holidays may be cut by a week on 21:32 - Nov 22 with 532 viewsmajorraglan

Wales school summer holidays may be cut by a week on 18:37 - Nov 22 by SullutaCreturned

When in primary my sons attendance was 100% and we asked for permission for him to miss the last 2 days of term before the summer holidays and it was refused. We went anyway and we didn't get fined.

I spoke to other parents and they confirmed that the kids spent those 2 days playing games, watching films but not doing any schoolwork.

Common sense has been removed from the equation. Now he's in Comp and he's always asking for days off and it's a straight no from us.

I have to be honest I think fining the parents of kids who’re always in school is shocking form, but I’ve no qualms about fining the parents of the those kids who can’t be asked to send their kids to school and have real poor attendances, if the kids aren’t educated they’re the next generation of NEETs.
Wales school summer holidays may be cut by a week on 21:47 - Nov 22 with 511 viewsGwyn737

Wales school summer holidays may be cut by a week on 21:32 - Nov 22 by majorraglan

I have to be honest I think fining the parents of kids who’re always in school is shocking form, but I’ve no qualms about fining the parents of the those kids who can’t be asked to send their kids to school and have real poor attendances, if the kids aren’t educated they’re the next generation of NEETs.

100% 👍
Wales school summer holidays may be cut by a week on 22:50 - Nov 22 with 489 viewsBoundy

Have your say , I'm sure they'll listen intently ( as long as its what they want )

https://www.gov.wales/welsh-government-wants-your-views-school-calendar?utm_sour

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

Wales school summer holidays may be cut by a week on 06:00 - Nov 23 with 467 viewsWhiterockin

Wales school summer holidays may be cut by a week on 22:50 - Nov 22 by Boundy

Have your say , I'm sure they'll listen intently ( as long as its what they want )

https://www.gov.wales/welsh-government-wants-your-views-school-calendar?utm_sour

I am pleased to see this consultation by the Welsh Government. But in truth they will do what they want anyway.
Wales school summer holidays may be cut by a week on 09:31 - Nov 23 with 430 viewscontroversial_jack

Wales school summer holidays may be cut by a week on 12:40 - Nov 22 by Gwyn737

It's a shame you're having such a negative experience - there's good and bad in every profession.

In regards to the attendance issue, I guess the school is under pressure to sort out attendance and you may have been caught in the crossfire.

As I said, straight holiday will be unauthorised. If the school is sensible you won't have been issued with a fine as attendance is otherwise good.

We wouldn't pay a fine, as we had had permission to take that time off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024