Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Lionesses. 18:23 - Aug 1 with 15787 viewslifelong

Have roared into the last sixteen of the women’s World Cup.

The BBC are obviously delighted headlining the achievement on this evening’s news at 6.

More partying on the Wirral this evening I suspect.
The Lionesses. on 19:27 - Aug 16 with 1380 viewsSullutaCreturned

The Lionesses. on 19:14 - Aug 16 by Kilkennyjack

Cymru and Jamaica regularly outperform them on a pound for pound basis.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🤝🇯🇲

I'm sure you'll be able to give us plenty of evidence then?

Or is this where you yet again state that you don't need to and start with insults?

You know, when you make a claim you really should back it up with evidence.
The Lionesses. on 20:23 - Aug 16 with 1321 viewsonehunglow

The Lionesses. on 18:10 - Aug 16 by lifelong

Utter bollocks, similar to all your comments about Wales, your dislike of our country is there for all to see.

You are blinded by the light
Remember , young children read this sight so grow up and argue properly
Try discoursing with others who have posted as I have
Have you the guts though to admit you are so wrong
It's not easy I know

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Lionesses. on 20:25 - Aug 16 with 1319 viewsonehunglow

The Lionesses. on 16:07 - Aug 16 by Jack_Kass

I hate England at the best of times but how can you find anything to dislike about this team?

Outstanding and they will now go on and win it.

2 championship finals in 2 years, something the men will never achieve.

Hate England
How
Why
When

You ever meet any of em or do you hate all 50 million of them

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Lionesses. on 20:47 - Aug 16 with 1309 viewsbuilthjack

The Lionesses. on 20:25 - Aug 16 by onehunglow

Hate England
How
Why
When

You will be supporting England if Wales are out before them at the World Cup next month.
I look forward to your come on England comments on here.
I hope Wales win it of course.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Lionesses. on 20:48 - Aug 16 with 1305 viewsKilkennyjack

The Lionesses. on 19:27 - Aug 16 by SullutaCreturned

I'm sure you'll be able to give us plenty of evidence then?

Or is this where you yet again state that you don't need to and start with insults?

You know, when you make a claim you really should back it up with evidence.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/eye-opening-facts-prove-wales-11762148?int_s

https://greatestsportingnation.com/content/jamaica-wins-capita-title-countries-4

I can’t be bothered any more.

Beware of the Risen People

The Lionesses. on 21:14 - Aug 16 with 1289 viewsBoundy

The Lionesses. on 20:48 - Aug 16 by Kilkennyjack

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/eye-opening-facts-prove-wales-11762148?int_s

https://greatestsportingnation.com/content/jamaica-wins-capita-title-countries-4

O if only that was true

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Lionesses. on 21:16 - Aug 16 with 1279 viewsBoundy

The Lionesses. on 18:52 - Aug 16 by SullutaCreturned

Apparently there's about 160,000 Weslh in Oz. The figures I have found say over 600k Welsh live in England with about half of them in London.

We seem to have 3 groups, those who are just enjoying the football, those who are supporting the Lionesses and those who hate anything England.

Me, I don't care who wins I'm just enjoying the tourney.

As it should be

The Lionesses. on 21:20 - Aug 16 with 1268 viewsowainglyndwr

The Lionesses. on 17:36 - Aug 16 by onehunglow

More welsh living innEngland than Wales

Welsh are like the Irish, they've travelled
Login to get fewer ads

The Lionesses. on 21:41 - Aug 16 with 1249 viewslifelong

The Lionesses. on 20:23 - Aug 16 by onehunglow

You are blinded by the light
Remember , young children read this sight so grow up and argue properly
Try discoursing with others who have posted as I have
Have you the guts though to admit you are so wrong
It's not easy I know

WTF are you on about? Wrong about what? Every opportunity you have you stick the knife in to anything about Wales….it’s pathetic.
The Lionesses. on 22:38 - Aug 16 with 1214 viewsraynor94

On a day The Swans have announced the Women's team are going semi professional, and the England's women's team have advanced the game massively.

You come out with your silly old xenophobic rubbish.

Give your head wobble you ignoramus

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Lionesses. on 22:42 - Aug 16 with 1213 viewsSullutaCreturned

You said regularly, that is one Olympics, it doesn't prove your point at all.

That's why you added can't be bothered because you know it's nonsense.
The Lionesses. on 07:03 - Aug 17 with 1158 viewsguthrieintherain

The Lionesses. on 20:25 - Aug 16 by onehunglow

Hate England
How
Why
When

Well done to the England ladies will do big things for grassroots football.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

The Lionesses. on 09:13 - Aug 17 with 1125 viewsBoundy

The Lionesses. on 07:03 - Aug 17 by guthrieintherain

Well done to the England ladies will do big things for grassroots football.

at last someone else who sees the bigger picture

The Lionesses. on 17:59 - Aug 17 with 1048 viewsSullutaCreturned

The Lionesses. on 09:13 - Aug 17 by Boundy

at last someone else who sees the bigger picture

it's very sad when we can't enjoy the tournament because it makes us all English supporters in the eyes of a few.

Earlier today we walked the dog and for the frst time I can remember I saw some teenage girls playing football in Skewen park. There is a ladies team in Skewen but I hadn't seen girs my sons age playing. If I was a betting person I'd say the world cup had encouraged them.
The Lionesses. on 18:09 - Aug 17 with 1033 viewsWhiterockin

The Lionesses. on 17:59 - Aug 17 by SullutaCreturned

it's very sad when we can't enjoy the tournament because it makes us all English supporters in the eyes of a few.

Earlier today we walked the dog and for the frst time I can remember I saw some teenage girls playing football in Skewen park. There is a ladies team in Skewen but I hadn't seen girs my sons age playing. If I was a betting person I'd say the world cup had encouraged them.

Womens sport breaks down barriers and proves sport is for all. Obviously if its English sportswomen being successful it gets a higher profile than if it was a country outside of the UK. Just embrace it an let it benefit your daughters, granddaughters. Don't be so selfish and bigoted to try and stop future generations reaping the benefits.
The Lionesses. on 22:22 - Aug 17 with 963 viewsFireboy2

The Lionesses. on 18:09 - Aug 17 by Whiterockin

Womens sport breaks down barriers and proves sport is for all. Obviously if its English sportswomen being successful it gets a higher profile than if it was a country outside of the UK. Just embrace it an let it benefit your daughters, granddaughters. Don't be so selfish and bigoted to try and stop future generations reaping the benefits.

Ask felix what a bigot means, apparently I am one, still haven't received an apology.
The Lionesses. on 22:36 - Aug 17 with 947 viewsKilkennyjack

The Lionesses. on 22:38 - Aug 16 by raynor94

On a day The Swans have announced the Women's team are going semi professional, and the England's women's team have advanced the game massively.

You come out with your silly old xenophobic rubbish.

Give your head wobble you ignoramus

👛

The Lionesses. on 22:46 - Aug 17 with 942 viewsKilkennyjack

The Lionesses. on 18:09 - Aug 17 by Whiterockin

That is pretty insulting to our Welsh womens national team, and to all the people in Wales who play, train and organise at every level every week.
These people are the real heroes and inspiration to our young welsh female footballers.

The English success will provide a warm glow that will clearly be positive, but the hard yards are done by welsh people in wales. Thats the fact.
The Australians have delivered a great tournament that will certainly inspire female players globally. Well done Australia.

The Lionesses. on 00:14 - Aug 18 with 923 viewsRobbie

No real interest in this competion , follow the scores out of up to date news info .

Great to see women involved in sport and maybe will this bring more to the table .

However , like the mens England Football team , the press , media and the BBC in particular think this is headline news on their broadcasts . Top news story of the day to them .

Good luck to both teams , Sweet Caroline against Y Viva Espania , Sylvia , great .
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 0:15]
The Lionesses. on 07:17 - Aug 18 with 870 viewsbuilthjack

Wow, I just read that prior to the World Cup, 15 Spanish players refused to,play for them, including their Barcelona superstars.
Only 3 of the 15 were back in the squad for the finals.
So 12 missing.
Fair play to them for getting to the final.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Lionesses. on 08:27 - Aug 18 with 854 viewsGwyn737

The Lionesses. on 22:46 - Aug 17 by Kilkennyjack

That is pretty insulting to our Welsh womens national team, and to all the people in Wales who play, train and organise at every level every week.
These people are the real heroes and inspiration to our young welsh female footballers.

The English success will provide a warm glow that will clearly be positive, but the hard yards are done by welsh people in wales. Thats the fact.
The Australians have delivered a great tournament that will certainly inspire female players globally. Well done Australia.

Fair play, that is hysterical.

You can’t bring yourself to properly acknowledge the English women’s team’s achievements because it’s all down to wales, then in the next sentence praise Australia 🤣
The Lionesses. on 08:28 - Aug 18 with 854 viewsjack247

The Lionesses. on 00:14 - Aug 18 by Robbie

No real interest in this competion , follow the scores out of up to date news info .

Great to see women involved in sport and maybe will this bring more to the table .

However , like the mens England Football team , the press , media and the BBC in particular think this is headline news on their broadcasts . Top news story of the day to them .

Good luck to both teams , Sweet Caroline against Y Viva Espania , Sylvia , great .
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 0:15]

There’s a lot of government pressure on sky, bbc, newspapers etc to promote women’s football as it’s a fantastic vehicle to get young girls involved in sport. Potentially living healthier, more productive lives than if they didn’t have strong female sporting role models. I’m all for that and think they’ve done a fantastic job so far.

As for supporting them or not, as likeable as they all come across, they are still an English sporting team to me, so I can’t quite bring myself to. I completely understand Welsh people who do though.
The Lionesses. on 09:03 - Aug 18 with 838 viewsraynor94

The Lionesses. on 08:27 - Aug 18 by Gwyn737

You can’t bring yourself to properly acknowledge the English women’s team’s achievements because it’s all down to wales, then in the next sentence praise Australia 🤣

As most of his posts are, he's just a xenophobic twerp (I'm being polite)

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Lionesses. on 09:36 - Aug 18 with 810 viewsWhiterockin

The Lionesses. on 08:27 - Aug 18 by Gwyn737

It seems my last sentence was true Gwyn.
The Lionesses. on 11:18 - Aug 18 with 749 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Lionesses. on 09:03 - Aug 18 by raynor94

As most of his posts are, he's just a xenophobic twerp (I'm being polite)

Gwyn defends the right of our primarily English friends to taunt us with what the law call "aggravated racial disorderly conduct" . Absolutely filthy slurs.

Gwyn is little upset at Welsh total disinterest in a English minor sporting achievements. If they win it we will be obliged to call Lucy Bronze "Lady Lucinda of Bootle". Killy is then called a "xenophbic twerp".

Most people on here when accused of bestially do not complain or call it xenophobia. There is a weird Anglicised community on here (notionally "Swansea through and through ) who take no offence because they have no empathy with their Welsh community.

The same people expressing positivism for England s women team also say "It is Swansea over Wales for me all days of the week". Their support of the Wales team is notional and for show only it seems. The same people being of working class stock will have no truck with the English Rugby team whatsoever. Nothing like "oh lets hope the" Rosbifs" win will it i will be good to get more kids playing.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 11:20]

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024