Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Possible upside of Martin leaving . 20:44 - May 21 with 5378 viewsReslovenSwan1

There are clear upsides of Martin leaving. Here are my thoughts on this.

a) Compensation payment will cover the new coaching team if of similar profile

b) Talented out of favour players return to the fold effectively as "new signings" , Whittaker and Ogbeta

c) Young player marooned on loan will get their chance Brandon Cooper and Kyle Joseph.

d) Up and coming u21 could see more action in place of new Martin signings. Abdullai McFadyan and Congreve.

e) Patterson stresses will have gone and he may improve to the level of 2020-2021 season

f) Martin's statistics are bang average. P179 W 66 D 46 L 67 win ratio 37% over 4 seasons. 1.36 points per game. This give 63 points over 46 games around 12-14 th.

g) Based on historical data the idea that Martin would push Swansea to 80 points next season is fanciful. Martin did not win his first must win game away at Hull city. There was no desperation to win.

g) A talented new manager should be able to out perform Martin with modest backing.

h) Martin is a philosophy manager and has done a lot of work to develop the style and methods. He is not a pragmatist like Cooper. A hybrid like Laudrup was (following Brendan) could lead to benefits.

i) I believe Kaplan gave Martin the hairdresser in March and it worked. Unfortunately it may
have left bitterness. The new man will have a clean slate and a better relationship with he management with Andy Coleman in place. (pilloried for some reason for a very innocuous tweet)

j) Swsnsea may have a ready made buyer for players unwilling to sign new deals heading into their last years. Piroe, Grimes, Wood.

Kristian O'leary is a club man and could stay or follow Martin. He has been a trainee Martinball coach for two seasons. It make sense to continue with the possession passing style with tweaks to take the benefit of Martin's work. Continuing to develop Wood Cabango Cooper Cullen and integrating McFadyan and Congreve possibly.

A new manager with the same philosophy will inherit a more polished squad than he might expect with the ability to add pace and power as Martin outlined. I favour a euro technician.

The club had is annual cull and seems to me to be lean. Walsh a with his injuries and Patterson with his contractual issues are the players who could be a burden to the club. There is no over paid players like Ayew, Borja and later Bennett that needs getting off the payroll.

[Post edited 21 May 2023 20:47]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 09:30 - May 22 with 1486 viewsPrivate_Partz

Won't happen. Yanks.
Fringe players returning will not change our fortunes. Especially with Piroe, Grimes and Manning gone. What was needed was pace down the flanks. The kind the Wolfe and Christie provided with the presence of Downes in midfield..
Plus you are assuming that the next appointment will be a success. Unless that happens then there will be no 'upsides'. The gamble will continue with each managerial change. This time there will be a lot of unpicking and rebuilding to be done.
The future is bleak with these charlatans in charge.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 09:50 - May 22 with 1443 viewspete

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 08:58 - May 22 by onehunglow

You will be pleasantly surprised.
Proper club,great fans,loads of potential.
Be positive
Innit
It’s what we ve been told to be all along the way

hope you are right but not holding my breath, great fans loads of potential agree not very good owners tho lol, am positive that they wont change
Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 10:01 - May 22 with 1419 viewsonehunglow

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 09:50 - May 22 by pete

hope you are right but not holding my breath, great fans loads of potential agree not very good owners tho lol, am positive that they wont change

I am one of the doom and gloomers so this should be right up my street.
It isn’t and following the “ advice” I’m trying to be positive and by that seeing a brighter future.
It’s not easy though looking at the current owners who I also believe are devious.
Sometimes ,it helps being a doom and gloomers as nothing in human nature surprises you.
I was told Martin was “going nowhere” and it was a long term process / job.. Right then,I knew for sure he would be .

This could be a good time to get a new coach in ,bin the ludicrous Fisher and quit the suicide passing Hell,we might even source a new captain,one that doesn’t hold play up and stroke the ball backwards and sideways as he has done for five years.

Opinions .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 10:06 - May 22 with 1415 viewsvetchonian

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 10:01 - May 22 by onehunglow

It isn’t and following the “ advice” I’m trying to be positive and by that seeing a brighter future.
It’s not easy though looking at the current owners who I also believe are devious.
Sometimes ,it helps being a doom and gloomers as nothing in human nature surprises you.
I was told Martin was “going nowhere” and it was a long term process / job.. Right then,I knew for sure he would be .

This could be a good time to get a new coach in ,bin the ludicrous Fisher and quit the suicide passing Hell,we might even source a new captain,one that doesn’t hold play up and stroke the ball backwards and sideways as he has done for five years.

Opinions .

According to some on here our captain will be going with Russ along with Wood ( but not his Darling,speaks volumes) and Piroe

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 10:17 - May 22 with 1396 viewsKeithHaynes

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 10:01 - May 22 by onehunglow

Opinions .

He was going nowhere all season.
Nothing more.

You should know that people and relationships fall over sometimes and that’s what has happened here. If we reported everything all the time certain people would be even more confused than they are anyway.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 10:21 - May 22 with 1383 viewsonehunglow

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 10:06 - May 22 by vetchonian

According to some on here our captain will be going with Russ along with Wood ( but not his Darling,speaks volumes) and Piroe

Morning Vet hy.
I note some insults coming 6ur way of late.
Stick to that what you believe and stand by it all.
If you ask questions,as a fan, you are the better type of fan rather than one who simply accepts it but won’t reveal so on a public forum.

Without gloating,ok a little,I was the first to doubt Martin. It was away at Preston. The day I saw fire boy get to his seat . Piroe left at home,Cullen played in midfield .WTf.

The games against Millwall and Brum will stay with me for some time . Had we not screwed up here ,we d be play offs. Failure is Martins legacy,as was Cooper’s,although at least we made play offs.

Our owners have lowered our expectation,killed our dreams and the coaches have not helped.

I repeat ,the time to sack him was months ago,after the proper club comment,the single biggest insult any coach has paid us ,comments that went unchallenged on any forum,proof of Martins influence .

No coach has ever had the adulation he has had even though we had zero success apart from screwed h ovver a putrid Cardiff outfit. This is where we are now….chuffed to beat our biggest rival then fail to turn over the bottom team in the league .

Enjoy the summer anyway

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 11:14 - May 22 with 1333 viewsBadlands

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 10:21 - May 22 by onehunglow

Morning Vet hy.
If you ask questions,as a fan, you are the better type of fan rather than one who simply accepts it but won’t reveal so on a public forum.

Without gloating,ok a little,I was the first to doubt Martin. It was away at Preston. The day I saw fire boy get to his seat . Piroe left at home,Cullen played in midfield .WTf.

The games against Millwall and Brum will stay with me for some time . Had we not screwed up here ,we d be play offs. Failure is Martins legacy,as was Cooper’s,although at least we made play offs.

Our owners have lowered our expectation,killed our dreams and the coaches have not helped.

I repeat ,the time to sack him was months ago,after the proper club comment,the single biggest insult any coach has paid us ,comments that went unchallenged on any forum,proof of Martins influence .

No coach has ever had the adulation he has had even though we had zero success apart from screwed h ovver a putrid Cardiff outfit. This is where we are now….chuffed to beat our biggest rival then fail to turn over the bottom team in the league .

Enjoy the summer anyway

Put another way we are at a level we have rarely bettered in our 110 year history.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 11:15 - May 22 with 1327 viewsKeithHaynes

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 10:21 - May 22 by onehunglow

Morning Vet hy.

Enjoy the summer anyway

Our way ?
Are you a gang ?

Login to get fewer ads

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 12:02 - May 22 with 1266 viewsraynor94

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 10:06 - May 22 by vetchonian

Posting from work, watch you don't get caught

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 15:46 - May 22 with 1156 viewsvetchonian

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 12:02 - May 22 by raynor94

Posting from work, watch you don't get caught

Well by who? What if I am the boss?

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 15:47 - May 22 with 1156 viewsvetchonian

Am I imagining things or have lots of posts disappeared from this thread?

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 16:24 - May 22 with 1124 viewsFireboy2

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 15:46 - May 22 by vetchonian

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Good one.
Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 17:44 - May 22 with 1075 viewsSTID2017

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 11:15 - May 22 by KeithHaynes

Our way ?
Are you a gang ?

Hate gangs me.
And clubs.
To quote Groucho "I would never be a member of a club that would have me as a member"
Same applies to gangs and Facebook or WhatsApp groups

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 20:35 - May 22 with 1010 viewsFireboy2

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 17:44 - May 22 by STID2017

Hate gangs me.
And clubs.
To quote Groucho "I would never be a member of a club that would have me as a member"
Same applies to gangs and Facebook or WhatsApp groups

😳
Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 20:42 - May 22 with 996 viewsvetchonian

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 16:24 - May 22 by Fireboy2

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Good one.

not bad for a buffoon needing therapy.......some one whi understands man management, running a business accounting and a little about the law

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 20:45 - May 22 with 996 viewsFireboy2

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 20:42 - May 22 by vetchonian

not bad for a buffoon needing therapy.......some one whi understands man management, running a business accounting and a little about the law

I was laughing at you not with you 🙄
Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 20:49 - May 22 with 977 viewsvetchonian

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 20:45 - May 22 by Fireboy2

I was laughing at you not with you 🙄

be afraid

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 20:50 - May 22 with 979 viewsraynor94

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 15:46 - May 22 by vetchonian

Of course you are Walter

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 08:05 - May 23 with 869 viewsonehunglow

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 11:15 - May 22 by KeithHaynes

Our way ?
Are you a gang ?

I’m a one man Gang.
That said, let’s get away from gang and go cadre .
Remember “ acting in concert” .
It’s undeniable Keith there are groups,cadres, or simple hive minds on the site and it’s normal. Those of a similar viewpoint back each other up. They turn on those who don’t. It’s why vetch’s is getting stick right now.

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 09:20 - May 23 with 835 viewslifelong

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 08:05 - May 23 by onehunglow

I’m a one man Gang.
It’s undeniable Keith there are groups,cadres, or simple hive minds on the site and it’s normal. Those of a similar viewpoint back each other up. They turn on those who don’t. It’s why vetch’s is getting stick right now.

A one man gang who can’t be arsed to go to games.😂
Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 09:24 - May 23 with 832 viewsonehunglow

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 09:20 - May 23 by lifelong

A one man gang who can’t be arsed to go to games.😂

What is that to do with the topic.
Look around,I’m not alone .
Keep to topic and quit the snidely shite .
Thanks

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 09:57 - May 23 with 786 viewslifelong

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 09:24 - May 23 by onehunglow

What is that to do with the topic.
Look around,I’m not alone .
Keep to topic and quit the snidely shite .
Thanks

When was the last time you went to watch us at Wembley..oh! hang on. 👍
Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 10:02 - May 23 with 768 viewsonehunglow

Whatever else,this needs to be done professionally and cleanly.

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 10:34 - May 23 with 730 viewsKeithHaynes

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 08:05 - May 23 by onehunglow

I’m a one man Gang.

I would like to think of us all as one cadre.
With stupid opinions.

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 19:36 - May 23 with 623 viewsblackpooljack

Possible upside of Martin leaving . on 20:47 - May 21 by QJumpingJack

one downside is that we may not have a new manager until early August 2023 - a la Martin joining after Cooper.
It is going to be difficult to get a new manager especially if they speak to our former managers of recent years.

Cant see any Manager who is not desperate for a job coming here especially knowing they'll get zero support in the transfer window.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024