Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don’t understand 12:31 - Mar 19 with 3747 viewswesty

We all come on here because we care, we care about the club, we care about wtf is happening right now. We don’t directly pay the bills however we do chip in both financially and more importantly emotionally. I say this because the players historically except for the few legends etc most really couldn’t give a flying fck who they play for or how they behave as long as they are getting plenty of money and adulation for their massive ego’s.

What I want to know is how can you steal a living from your employer and not expect some form of repercussions. I would be so embarrassed if I failed to do my job to certain standards and I know full well my clients wouldn’t pay me or recommend my company if I continually failed.

Then we are told how great they are and how they are trying.

Well excuse me but if certain individuals were trying on Tuesday and yesterday then they should be sacked immediately for gross negligence. Standing around waving your arms about pretending to care doesn’t wash with most seasoned supporters. The midfield are non existent. Doesn’t matter if that’s your preferred position or not you can still put some effort in.

When I played ,not professionally but to a very high non league standard for a number of years I tried. The players around me tried. The ex professionals who were on the decline still tried and put the effort in. Those who went on to play professionally did so because they bloody tried week in week out, not because they were better than others but maybe they worked just a few percent more than the rest.

I watch games and I’m astounded at the lack of quality. For instance how can any team who are up against roughly the same level not produce more than 2 very tame efforts on target. Not allowing for the shitshow on Tuesday. I’m sorry but it’s really not difficult to get the ball out wide get bodies in and around the box and get a decent cross in. That is basic training that every club does. Yet fail to even try to do it on a match day. I just don’t understand the lack of effort from most of the players. Are they not bright enough to do as their boss asks, do they think they know better as they maybe feel untouchable.

I hate ranting on and I’ve probably waffled a bit but we as investors in the club want more, forget all the protection of certain individuals.
If they can’t, won’t or are not capable then please do the best thing and get them out of this club.
No more free rides ffs. Better off getting so called less talented players in but who give you blood,sweat and tears for a sustained period of time not just one game against Watford.

No more celebrating like we’ve won the champions league ala Watford until we can prove we are giving 100% every minute of every game.

Sorry rant over
I don’t understand on 13:14 - Mar 19 with 3589 viewsNed_Kennedys

The majority of the players who are not long term sicknotes ARE trying IMO: it’s the lack of quality, poor decision making and numerous stupid errors that are the issue with the players on the pitch.
I don’t understand on 13:30 - Mar 19 with 3524 viewsandrew1302

I really don't think the problem lies with those players on the pitch.We had approx 9 first team regulars out injured. How is that possible? Well we all know the answer because as for most of the last 10 years our buying policy has been about getting quality footballers rather than triers and sloggers. The result due to lack of resources is we took on sick notes and prayed. That was a naive policy at best , stupid at worst. Of course we should have followed the Luton, Millwall model but we didn't. Who was responsible for that policy. He should go. Then the little money we had we spent on complete dogs ie Bonne who clearly was nowhere near the standard needed and is now doing nothing a league lower. Who was responsible for this policy? He should go. In the NHS the problem does not lie with a nurse, it lies with the management and in my view that is the same at QPR. The players out there yesterday in the main are just not good enough for this level or at best are good squad players. In fact if you look thru the side maybe 3 or 4 you would consider regulars for this level. Sometimes you try but you just aren't good enough and that i think is the real issue. In addition what were the tactics yesterday and how bad were they. Clearly Bham came prepared for the lump it up lads ball and Ainsworth must of seen after 30 minutes that no knock downs were happening, Lowe was a passenger and we were going nowhere. Love or hate him Tim is and was yesterday probably technically the best player on the pitch. How about letting him orchestrate the game as Plan B? If we were still playing now i do not think those tactics would have got us a goal. When and if the sick notes come back let us see the style then but if it is still hoof , hoof then we are finished in this league and i imagine with a lot of supporters. I would add that some players are clearly in bad form and need to be taken out of the firing line but there are no replacements due to injury. The problem is often blamed on the workers but at QPR the problem is in the management. Rueben just doesn't seem to know anything at all about football and everyone seems to cow tow to Les and Hoos and I assume Blick. Now you are looking at the problem....
I don’t understand on 13:54 - Mar 19 with 3451 viewspaulparker

Agree with the OP about the poor quality of personal, watching sheff Utd and Blackburn atm and they are worlds apart than us and they are in our league
Blackpool stuffed us in the week and got turned over by Coventry at home, Birmingham were also sh1te, we are so poor its not even funny

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I don’t understand on 14:06 - Mar 19 with 3398 viewsMonkey_Roots

I don’t think they’re not trying, I just think the quality isn’t there, and the confidence is gone.

Who, on the pitch yesterday, wasn’t trying?
I don’t understand on 14:14 - Mar 19 with 3337 viewsNed_Kennedys

I don’t understand on 14:06 - Mar 19 by Monkey_Roots

I don’t think they’re not trying, I just think the quality isn’t there, and the confidence is gone.

Jamal Lowe springs to mind: Armstrong put him to shame when he came on.
I don’t understand on 14:20 - Mar 19 with 3313 viewsNorthantsHoop

Agree with everything you say about what we are seeing play out in front of us week in week out. Fed up with watching physically bigger teams do a number on us, never really been addressed, Warbuton alluded to it during lockdown games in 2020, in the land of the giants of the modern game we are relying on midgets.
I don’t understand on 14:29 - Mar 19 with 3271 viewspaulparker

I don’t understand on 14:20 - Mar 19 by NorthantsHoop

Agree with everything you say about what we are seeing play out in front of us week in week out. Fed up with watching physically bigger teams do a number on us, never really been addressed, Warbuton alluded to it during lockdown games in 2020, in the land of the giants of the modern game we are relying on midgets.

Dickie, Dunne , Field, Martin, Dykes are all big lads , I think it’s a lack of heart if truth be told
3 things summed this club up yesterday
Their first goal
The Dykes thrown in
And Amos who stopped playing & was ball watching whilst the ball stayed in play
You wouldn’t see that Sh1t on a Sunday league park

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I don’t understand on 14:30 - Mar 19 with 3267 viewsBenny_the_Ball

With all due respect, what games have you been watching? Not tracking back, not covering runners off-the-ball, not throwing your body on the line, losing second balls, pointing fingers and not getting into position, leaving huge gaps in defence, conceding 3 goals on a regular basis (including 3 inside 14 minutes at Blackpool). These are all clear and obvious examples of not trying.
Login to get fewer ads

I don’t understand on 14:42 - Mar 19 with 3216 viewswesty

The way their guy trotted past Dickie after 3 minutes was embarrassing tbh. No effort at all in trying to get a block. That was after 3 mins ffs.
Lowe looks disinterested most of the game
Tim same as above though has ability just doesn’t look near it playing deeper.
Dykes I know was extremely poorly but cant organise his feet to get a shot away.

I’m not on here to slate the players. It just amazes me the lack of energy the last two games.
Against Watford whether or not we played great we did at least show energy and desire and got in their faces. The last two games have been pathetic tbh.

Armstrong did at least give his all.
Imo you can’t play Dykes and Martin together atm.
Either / Or with Armstrong doing their running and creating opportunities.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2023 14:43]
I don’t understand on 14:50 - Mar 19 with 3170 viewsdanehoop

I don’t understand on 14:14 - Mar 19 by Ned_Kennedys

Not sure that is fair. Lowe and Armstrong have very different playing styles and would have been told to do very different things. And for all of the work and drive that Armstrong put in, he hasn't scored yet and Lowe has. Not excusing Lowe as I think he could have done better, but I do think he was doing what he was told to do.

Never knowingly understood

I don’t understand on 14:53 - Mar 19 with 3159 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I don’t understand on 14:50 - Mar 19 by danehoop

Not sure that is fair. Lowe and Armstrong have very different playing styles and would have been told to do very different things. And for all of the work and drive that Armstrong put in, he hasn't scored yet and Lowe has. Not excusing Lowe as I think he could have done better, but I do think he was doing what he was told to do.

So Lowe has been told to just drift through games?

Even West London Sport said the following:

Lyndon Dykes: 5
Willing to compete physically and Rangers were willing to launch the ball his way. But offered very little in terms of quality or a goal threat.

Jamal Lowe: 5
Offered even less. Appeared to be going through the motions at times.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-birmingham-ratings-180323
[Post edited 20 Mar 2023 0:01]
I don’t understand on 15:08 - Mar 19 with 3108 viewsMonkey_Roots

I don’t understand on 14:30 - Mar 19 by Benny_the_Ball

With all due respect, what games have you been watching? Not tracking back, not covering runners off-the-ball, not throwing your body on the line, losing second balls, pointing fingers and not getting into position, leaving huge gaps in defence, conceding 3 goals on a regular basis (including 3 inside 14 minutes at Blackpool). These are all clear and obvious examples of not trying.

I’ve watched all the games.

I saw lots of mistakes yesterday, I saw a real lack of quality, I wasn’t left with the sense that they weren’t trying.

Just my opinion.
I don’t understand on 15:12 - Mar 19 with 3093 viewsMonkey_Roots

I don’t understand on 14:14 - Mar 19 by Ned_Kennedys

Yeah maybe.

His heart isn’t in QPR I guess - that’s the risk with loans.

Can’t wait until all the loan players go back.
I don’t understand on 15:12 - Mar 19 with 3089 viewsdanehoop

I don’t understand on 14:53 - Mar 19 by Benny_the_Ball

So Lowe has been told to just drift through games?

Even West London Sport said the following:

Lyndon Dykes: 5
Willing to compete physically and Rangers were willing to launch the ball his way. But offered very little in terms of quality or a goal threat.

Jamal Lowe: 5
Offered even less. Appeared to be going through the motions at times.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-birmingham-ratings-180323
[Post edited 20 Mar 2023 0:01]

No, but he may have been asked to sit slightly further back and bring Martin and Dykes into the game more, rather than do what I think he does better, which is be a little more selfish and drive for the finish himself. Armstrong I am guessing was told to run at them and use his speed/drive to go more directly at the opposition - solely guesses, but Lowe is a converted winger and Armstrong an emerging driving striker more in the Emille Hesky mould. Potentially is there with him though, think like many fans I am just hoping his first goal gives him the confidence and opens the floodgates for him.

Never knowingly understood

I don’t understand on 16:49 - Mar 19 with 2905 viewsbosh67

I don’t understand on 13:14 - Mar 19 by Ned_Kennedys

The majority of the players who are not long term sicknotes ARE trying IMO: it’s the lack of quality, poor decision making and numerous stupid errors that are the issue with the players on the pitch.

I agree that I don't think the players don't want to play. The ones that are out long term have awful longterm injury records. However, if the club had any ball at all they would call in the players during this break and put them in front of the owners, who could tell them they are bailing the club out to the tune of £2m a month and that in any other line of work they would have been sacked for lack of productivity and that it is an honour to play football anywhere at this level and in this climate. It may not work but a reality check on lack of output and 'results' of that output would have sent people like me and most of us to the job centre.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

I don’t understand on 19:47 - Mar 19 with 2726 viewsOldPedro

I don’t understand on 16:49 - Mar 19 by bosh67

I agree that I don't think the players don't want to play. The ones that are out long term have awful longterm injury records. However, if the club had any ball at all they would call in the players during this break and put them in front of the owners, who could tell them they are bailing the club out to the tune of £2m a month and that in any other line of work they would have been sacked for lack of productivity and that it is an honour to play football anywhere at this level and in this climate. It may not work but a reality check on lack of output and 'results' of that output would have sent people like me and most of us to the job centre.

I guess it's down to a lack of info from the club along with comments from Critchley (about Balogun and Laird I think), that scans didn't show any issues but that the players 'didn't feel right'.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

I don’t understand on 23:52 - Mar 19 with 2429 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I don’t understand on 15:08 - Mar 19 by Monkey_Roots

I’ve watched all the games.

I saw lots of mistakes yesterday, I saw a real lack of quality, I wasn’t left with the sense that they weren’t trying.

Just my opinion.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but if you consider that display as effort then you're easily pleased.

I suggest you read Clive's match report and then ask yourself again; were they really trying?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2023 0:02]
I don’t understand on 23:53 - Mar 19 with 2428 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I don’t understand on 15:12 - Mar 19 by danehoop

No, but he may have been asked to sit slightly further back and bring Martin and Dykes into the game more, rather than do what I think he does better, which is be a little more selfish and drive for the finish himself. Armstrong I am guessing was told to run at them and use his speed/drive to go more directly at the opposition - solely guesses, but Lowe is a converted winger and Armstrong an emerging driving striker more in the Emille Hesky mould. Potentially is there with him though, think like many fans I am just hoping his first goal gives him the confidence and opens the floodgates for him.

Lowe had a meagre 18 touches of the ball on Saturday and did nothing of note with any of them. I very much doubt that he was asked to do that.

I have the same hopes for Armstrong in the future though the comparisons with Emile Heskey fill me with dread.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2023 23:59]
I don’t understand on 00:07 - Mar 20 with 2400 viewsnumptydumpty

I don’t understand on 23:53 - Mar 19 by Benny_the_Ball

Lowe had a meagre 18 touches of the ball on Saturday and did nothing of note with any of them. I very much doubt that he was asked to do that.

I have the same hopes for Armstrong in the future though the comparisons with Emile Heskey fill me with dread.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2023 23:59]

Heskey played for Liverpool and England so can't see why that comparison fills you with dread !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

I don’t understand on 07:19 - Mar 20 with 2259 viewsMonkey_Roots

I don’t understand on 23:52 - Mar 19 by Benny_the_Ball

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but if you consider that display as effort then you're easily pleased.

I suggest you read Clive's match report and then ask yourself again; were they really trying?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2023 0:02]

I’m not pleased at all Benny.

I’ve already read Clive’s report - well articulated, funny, and heartbreaking - but still that’s just his opinion mate.

I’ll state mine again - i saw a team low on quality and confidence, but I didn’t come away thinking I’d seen a team not trying - I’ll give you Lowe, but even Tim, with his lazy look, threw himself into blocks.
I don’t understand on 17:12 - Mar 21 with 1911 viewsPinnerPaul

I don’t understand on 14:42 - Mar 19 by westy

The way their guy trotted past Dickie after 3 minutes was embarrassing tbh. No effort at all in trying to get a block. That was after 3 mins ffs.
Lowe looks disinterested most of the game
Tim same as above though has ability just doesn’t look near it playing deeper.
Dykes I know was extremely poorly but cant organise his feet to get a shot away.

I’m not on here to slate the players. It just amazes me the lack of energy the last two games.
Against Watford whether or not we played great we did at least show energy and desire and got in their faces. The last two games have been pathetic tbh.

Armstrong did at least give his all.
Imo you can’t play Dykes and Martin together atm.
Either / Or with Armstrong doing their running and creating opportunities.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2023 14:43]

Tim didn't look disinterested with that last ditch tackle that prevented a goal.

Its a difficult one isn't it - its a catch all criticism all football fans use - some justified no doubt, but a lot not - appreciate others will have a different view point.
I don’t understand on 17:41 - Mar 21 with 1832 viewsVancouverHoop

I don’t understand on 15:12 - Mar 19 by danehoop

At the moment Armstrong resembles Bright Osayi-Samuel more than Emile Heskey to me. He generally runs around the outside of his marker and heads toward the goal-line. If he can cut inside he does, but more often he crosses... to thin air. Because, naturally, we don't have a striker within yards of the ball.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024