Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley out 17:08 - Jan 28 with 23293 viewsdamienhoops68

Get this manager out not got a clue. We will be in relagation battle in a couple of weeks.
Critchley out on 19:52 - Jan 28 with 2506 viewsNorthernr

Critchley out on 19:12 - Jan 28 by StoicHoop

Definitely keep the manager but don't sack the board. Without the cash they pay in each month, we'd be in administration and possibly worse.

But something has to change.

I was there today and it was even worse than the performance against Coventry. I feel I've been seeing this type of rubbish for a year now - and I think serious questions have to be asked of the players.

There's something wrong about their psychology, both individually and collectively. As soon as they get a set back - like today's first woeful goal (Paal, Chair, Paal again, centre backs, even the keeper all at fault) - they either collapse or revert back to the mind numbingly 'safety first' dross of Dieng to Paal to Dunne to Dickie to Kakay, back to Dickie, on to Dieng/Dunne then aimless punt up field to concede possession. It is now driving me insane!

I'm also sick to death of Roberts slagging everybody else off, Tim conceding possession time and time again, Kakay gifting the opposition a goal (see the second), Dickie losing control of the simplest pass, Dunne being outpaced by an average forward, Dozell being brushed aside by a puff of wind, Dieng losing concentration etc etc

Only Chair and Armstrong came away with any credit today.

And I've just seen Critchley's interview - yes, things do indeed have to change quickly. I still back him to turn this around but it won't be pretty

Exactly the game I saw mate.
Critchley out on 19:55 - Jan 28 with 2472 viewsted_hendrix

I wish you could sack players.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Critchley out on 19:56 - Jan 28 with 2460 viewsed_83

On a long list of people to blame, Critchley is near the bottom. You can look at the people running the club and the recruitment they’ve done, you can point at Beale, but really this is about the players.

They have the ability to compete in the upper half of the Championship. We know they do, because we’ve seen them do it. Paal, Willock, Amos, Dozzell, Clarke-Salter, Chair, Iroegbunam, Roberts, Dickie, Field: these are not League One players on a technical level. Their problem is simply one of mentality. They’re too passive, too weak, too immature, too willing to simply give up when things aren’t going their way. A bunch of pampered academy boys, half-hearted loans and others who either think they’re too good for this club, or don’t have the bottle to be here.

This is on them. There are valid criticisms you can make of the running of the club and the coaching of the team, but without a squad of players who are willing to get stuck in, to make tackles and compete, to make runs off the ball and take risks in attack, to actually fcking DO SOMETHING rather than sit there and wait for someone else to do it, then sacking the manager, or for that matter the DOF or the academy head, won’t change a damn thing.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 19:58]
Critchley out on 20:19 - Jan 28 with 2363 viewsthemodfather

i had never heard of critchley before, so doubted his credentials from the off. results are bad, we are out of the cup, of course, barely getting shots on target and not winning and it is a results business.
as others have said , does the board need to look at itself, are they picking the right man? the right players?
fans are loyal, turning up in good numbers . where is the development of players coming thru? the hand picked players ? what does DOF les do? is it working for qpr having a DOF?
Critchley out on 20:27 - Jan 28 with 2311 viewsswisscottage

Don't forget he had a dreadful start at Blackpool before turning them around.
Critchley out on 20:28 - Jan 28 with 2311 viewsNorthernr

Critchley out on 20:27 - Jan 28 by swisscottage

Don't forget he had a dreadful start at Blackpool before turning them around.

I would back him over a lot of these players. I think the way they've just phoned it in because their precious Mick Beale has left is appalling.
Critchley out on 21:09 - Jan 28 with 2182 viewsswisscottage

Critchley out on 20:28 - Jan 28 by Northernr

I would back him over a lot of these players. I think the way they've just phoned it in because their precious Mick Beale has left is appalling.

The bizarre thing is we're still only 4 points off 6th.

Don't get me wrong I don't think in a million years he can turn that shower around to stand a chance of making them, but if the players wanted it enough it isn't as if they don't still have something to aim for if they wanted it enough.

I just can't work it out.

Mind you Ilias looks like he's crocked now along with Paal .to add to Dykes, Laird and Willock not right. . so I'm not sure where Critchley goes to for players to turn things.
around.

That third goal epitomised everything that's wrong with the front 4. Lowe and Roberts just have no desire. They're okish on the ball, but a liability off it. The first two goals were down to individual mistakes landing us in it. Tim giving the ball away when we have players committed as is becoming so predictable, and Kakay not being aware of the line, and playing everyone on side for the 2nd, but the third goal was unforgivable.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 21:09]
Critchley out on 21:10 - Jan 28 with 2168 viewspaulparker

Critchley out on 18:09 - Jan 28 by Monkey_Roots

I actually liked seeing him swearing his nut off and he looked like most of us… I see that as a positive. This club needs a major mentality switch. I’m hoping he’ll bring it about.

I know you disagree, but I really want to see him do well.

Also, how the f*ck are you bro? I’d love to catch up at a game at some point…

I’m all good mate , great to see you posting on here again
Be great to have a beer with you and Lee at some point

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Critchley out on 21:15 - Jan 28 with 2143 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Critchley out on 21:09 - Jan 28 by swisscottage

Don't get me wrong I don't think in a million years he can turn that shower around to stand a chance of making them, but if the players wanted it enough it isn't as if they don't still have something to aim for if they wanted it enough.

Mind you Ilias looks like he's crocked now along with Paal .to add to Dykes, Laird and Willock not right. . so I'm not sure where Critchley goes to for players to turn things.
around.

That third goal epitomised everything that's wrong with the front 4. Lowe and Roberts just have no desire. They're okish on the ball, but a liability off it. The first two goals were down to individual mistakes landing us in it. Tim giving the ball away when we have players committed as is becoming so predictable, and Kakay not being aware of the line, and playing everyone on side for the 2nd, but the third goal was unforgivable.

The whole league is a basket case. Burnley and Sheffield United aside no one is where they should be.
Critchley out on 21:18 - Jan 28 with 2127 viewsJigsore

This bad run of form started with Beale btw. There's all sorts of reasons here - our best players being out of form, a seeming lack of natural leaders, the enduring lack of a halfway clinical striker

but I think many of this crop of players might be coming to their end. I'm sure from now till May Critchley is already cataloguing who he wants here next season and who he doesn't. I just hope he's ruthless enough.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Critchley out on 21:20 - Jan 28 with 2120 viewsGloucs_R

Critchley out on 19:12 - Jan 28 by StoicHoop

Definitely keep the manager but don't sack the board. Without the cash they pay in each month, we'd be in administration and possibly worse.

But something has to change.

I was there today and it was even worse than the performance against Coventry. I feel I've been seeing this type of rubbish for a year now - and I think serious questions have to be asked of the players.

There's something wrong about their psychology, both individually and collectively. As soon as they get a set back - like today's first woeful goal (Paal, Chair, Paal again, centre backs, even the keeper all at fault) - they either collapse or revert back to the mind numbingly 'safety first' dross of Dieng to Paal to Dunne to Dickie to Kakay, back to Dickie, on to Dieng/Dunne then aimless punt up field to concede possession. It is now driving me insane!

I'm also sick to death of Roberts slagging everybody else off, Tim conceding possession time and time again, Kakay gifting the opposition a goal (see the second), Dickie losing control of the simplest pass, Dunne being outpaced by an average forward, Dozell being brushed aside by a puff of wind, Dieng losing concentration etc etc

Only Chair and Armstrong came away with any credit today.

And I've just seen Critchley's interview - yes, things do indeed have to change quickly. I still back him to turn this around but it won't be pretty

Unless we protest, we shall walk blindly into mediocrity.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Critchley out on 21:21 - Jan 28 with 2111 viewsE15Hoop

Critchley out on 21:20 - Jan 28 by Gloucs_R

Aren't we there already??
Critchley out on 21:23 - Jan 28 with 2106 viewsted_hendrix

Critchley out on 21:20 - Jan 28 by Gloucs_R

We've been locked in the mediocre room for bloody years.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Critchley out on 21:25 - Jan 28 with 2088 viewsGloucs_R

Critchley out on 21:23 - Jan 28 by ted_hendrix

We've been locked in the mediocre room for bloody years.

So now is the time....

Poll: Are we staying up?

Critchley out on 21:27 - Jan 28 with 2070 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Critchley out on 21:18 - Jan 28 by Jigsore

This bad run of form started with Beale btw. There's all sorts of reasons here - our best players being out of form, a seeming lack of natural leaders, the enduring lack of a halfway clinical striker

but I think many of this crop of players might be coming to their end. I'm sure from now till May Critchley is already cataloguing who he wants here next season and who he doesn't. I just hope he's ruthless enough.

The players might be dogshit, but the process isn’t so I hope we stick to it instead of hauling Austin and the like back in like a frayed comfort blanket.
Critchley out on 21:31 - Jan 28 with 2057 viewsE15Hoop

Critchley out on 21:25 - Jan 28 by Gloucs_R

So now is the time....

What exactly are you planning to protest about? That the board finance this club every month and stop it from ceasing to exist? That they're pouring millions of pounds into a brand new training facility, becuase they have aspirations to move the club forward? That we have a thriving Community support programme?

I think we all agree that the players need to take a good long look at their commitment levels, but I would respectfully suggest you leave that to the manager and coaching staff to sort out, rather than stir up a lot of ignorant and misplaced ill-feeling.
Critchley out on 21:31 - Jan 28 with 2050 viewsozexile

I would keep Critchley and ask him to rebuild it. It'll be boring for a while as I'm sure he'll just get old wise heads in to steady it and get some professionalism back into the squad. I'm all for it to be honest. And let's not pretend there'll be cash coming in. I think certain players will run their contracts down which will make it harder.
Critchley out on 21:53 - Jan 28 with 1937 viewspaulparker

Critchley out on 21:27 - Jan 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

The players might be dogshit, but the process isn’t so I hope we stick to it instead of hauling Austin and the like back in like a frayed comfort blanket.

What process is that then Baz

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Critchley out on 21:57 - Jan 28 with 1899 viewspaulparker

Critchley out on 21:31 - Jan 28 by E15Hoop

What exactly are you planning to protest about? That the board finance this club every month and stop it from ceasing to exist? That they're pouring millions of pounds into a brand new training facility, becuase they have aspirations to move the club forward? That we have a thriving Community support programme?

I think we all agree that the players need to take a good long look at their commitment levels, but I would respectfully suggest you leave that to the manager and coaching staff to sort out, rather than stir up a lot of ignorant and misplaced ill-feeling.

Yeah let’s sit back and keep being Sh1t its great being stuffed by Hull, Luton and Fleetwood whilst our good friends at Brentford & Fulham laugh at us
Fans like you are the problem at this club

Critchley out on 21:59 - Jan 28 with 1886 viewsSakura

Critchley out on 21:25 - Jan 28 by Gloucs_R

So now is the time....

You aren't talking about the owners are you? Because that is dumb if so.

Our owners go up to the FFP limit. So no more money can be put in

So if you change the owners. The budget won't increase. You understand that right?

If the protest is to get Belk and Ferdinand out count me in. They are too blame
Critchley out on 22:01 - Jan 28 with 1868 viewspaulparker

Critchley out on 21:59 - Jan 28 by Sakura

You aren't talking about the owners are you? Because that is dumb if so.

Our owners go up to the FFP limit. So no more money can be put in

So if you change the owners. The budget won't increase. You understand that right?

If the protest is to get Belk and Ferdinand out count me in. They are too blame

Who appointed Ferdinand ?
Who appointed beard ?

Critchley out on 22:02 - Jan 28 with 1871 viewsNorthernr

Critchley out on 21:09 - Jan 28 by swisscottage

around.

Four points yes, but about 2 million miles.
Critchley out on 22:20 - Jan 28 with 1750 viewsSakura

Critchley out on 22:01 - Jan 28 by paulparker

Who appointed Ferdinand ?
Who appointed beard ?

So it’s Ferdinand who needs replacing

What’s the rest of the protest?

So between the protest and the replacement owners who will come in and face the exact same budget constraints. Just checking you want them to keep finding the club for millions of their own money each month?

Then just what, walk away? Give up their own chances of a club that may get in the Prem one year . For what exactly?

Not worry about the tens of millions they have already written off? The money they invested in training ground?

It’s like talking to a child. Have you actually thought any of this through?

Explain your logic. Explain your demands

It’s Les and Belk we need out
Critchley out on 22:26 - Jan 28 with 1732 viewspaulparker

Critchley out on 22:20 - Jan 28 by Sakura

So it’s Ferdinand who needs replacing

What’s the rest of the protest?

So between the protest and the replacement owners who will come in and face the exact same budget constraints. Just checking you want them to keep finding the club for millions of their own money each month?

Then just what, walk away? Give up their own chances of a club that may get in the Prem one year . For what exactly?

Not worry about the tens of millions they have already written off? The money they invested in training ground?

It’s like talking to a child. Have you actually thought any of this through?

Explain your logic. Explain your demands

It’s Les and Belk we need out

The fish head rots from the top
That’s the board , they are responsible for the last 11 years of incompetence they appointed the people you want out , then what ? they appoint another load of inexperienced people who don’t have a clue
Honestly it’s like talking to someone who is backwards , have you thought any of what you have posted

Critchley out on 22:28 - Jan 28 with 1729 viewsE15Hoop

Critchley out on 21:57 - Jan 28 by paulparker

Yeah let’s sit back and keep being Sh1t its great being stuffed by Hull, Luton and Fleetwood whilst our good friends at Brentford & Fulham laugh at us
Fans like you are the problem at this club

Thamks for the kind words PP - your searing and thoughtful analysis is much appreciated.
Ever thought of applying to be a management consultant? You'd clearly be a major asset to a company in trouble..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024