Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport 13:10 - Jan 10 with 9988 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/wizz-air-pulling-out-cardiff-25939

The Departure / Arrivals Boards are very quiet.

https://www.cardiff-airport.com/live-flight-information/arrivals/

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 12:56 - Jan 18 with 1067 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 12:07 - Jan 18 by bennytheblue

Is the landing tax or whatever it’s called a major issue? Much higher at Cardiff than Bristol so puts off the easy jets of this world. Only Westminster can change it? And quel surprise, they don’t want to see a welsh airport doing better than a rival English one?

It is airports that set landing fees. Large airlines can negotiate discounts based on the number of flights that land at airports nothing to do with the Government.

Air Passenger Duty is set by the UK government and is based on distance the passengers fly. Long haul duty is more than short haul duty.

Not sure if APD is devolved and if the Senedd have the power to reduce it.

Hardly fair to blame Westminster for the landing fees that Cardiff airport charge airliners. Cardiff is owned by the Welsh Government .

I think busy successful airports reduce their landing fees to keep and encourage business.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 13:02 - Jan 18 with 1060 viewsmajorraglan

Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 12:56 - Jan 18 by felixstowe_jack

It is airports that set landing fees. Large airlines can negotiate discounts based on the number of flights that land at airports nothing to do with the Government.

Air Passenger Duty is set by the UK government and is based on distance the passengers fly. Long haul duty is more than short haul duty.

Hardly fair to blame Westminster for the landing fees that Cardiff airport charge airliners. Cardiff is owned by the Welsh Government .

I think busy successful airports reduce their landing fees to keep and encourage business.

APD defo not devolved as the Treasury refused to allow it. Landing fees are set by the airports.
Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 17:20 - Jan 18 with 1007 viewsbennytheblue

Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 12:56 - Jan 18 by felixstowe_jack

I heard it was something the welsh government cannot change…..bizarrely
Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 17:25 - Jan 18 with 1004 viewsbennytheblue

Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 13:02 - Jan 18 by majorraglan

APD defo not devolved as the Treasury refused to allow it. Landing fees are set by the airports.

So why are cardiff setting there’s higher than Bristol? How will that attract the easy jets, Ryan airs or jet2 to the airport? Basically, like almost everything Drakeford has done, he and his cronies have blown £210 million. Of course, they will still get voted in despite this and many other balls ups.
Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 18:08 - Jan 18 with 996 viewsTogg

Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 17:25 - Jan 18 by bennytheblue

So why are cardiff setting there’s higher than Bristol? How will that attract the easy jets, Ryan airs or jet2 to the airport? Basically, like almost everything Drakeford has done, he and his cronies have blown £210 million. Of course, they will still get voted in despite this and many other balls ups.

Cardiff airport has well and truly lost the cheap 2-4 hour flights to Brit favourite holiday destinations. Which is a huge pity as I used BMI to Malaga quite a lot.
Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 18:56 - Jan 18 with 976 viewsraynor94

Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 18:08 - Jan 18 by Togg

Cardiff airport has well and truly lost the cheap 2-4 hour flights to Brit favourite holiday destinations. Which is a huge pity as I used BMI to Malaga quite a lot.

Tui still do all the 2-4 hour Spain and Greece flights.

If they ever pull out, the airport might as well close.

Doncaster closed as it was unviable, but had far more passengers than Cardiff.

It's only being kept open by being subsidised by the Welsh tax payer

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 19:17 - Jan 18 with 964 viewspencoedjack

Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 18:56 - Jan 18 by raynor94

If TUI pull out it’s certainly curtains.

In my previous role used to fly regular with KLM, at the time they were doing 3/4 flights a day to Amsterdam, not sure if that’s still the case.

The 6am flight Monday morning was always full.
Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 22:37 - Jan 18 with 931 viewsmajorraglan

Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 17:25 - Jan 18 by bennytheblue

APD is definitely fixed, but it may be that there are other charges factored in which raise the costs.
Login to get fewer ads

Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 16:57 - Jan 19 with 854 viewsbennytheblue

Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 18:56 - Jan 18 by raynor94

I don’t think it’s fair to the taxpayer though, that’s four brand new high schools that could have been built with money down the drain. With its long run way it needs to change its market I think, else close. Takes me 40 mins to get there from my house, and hour to Bristol so not really much difference. If I could fly to New York, Toronto, Qatar or Florida from cardiff I would every time if the price was decent.
Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 17:13 - Jan 19 with 846 viewsbuilthjack

A friends son has just booked on a stag do cardiff to malaga, in May. £105 return. 32 of them.
I think that's cheap.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 17:19 - Jan 19 with 839 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 22:37 - Jan 18 by majorraglan

APD is definitely fixed, but it may be that there are other charges factored in which raise the costs.

Yes it is landing fees that individual airports can change. Busy airport charge lower landing fees to get and keep business.
Perhaps the Welsh government could reduce landing fees per plane by 25% if airlines double the number of planes.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 20:23 - Jan 19 with 808 viewsWhiterockin

Meanwhile in Swansea

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swansea-airport-launch-first-passe

When the team fly to away games do they use Swansea Airport?
Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 20:41 - Jan 19 with 793 viewsBoundy

Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 20:23 - Jan 19 by Whiterockin

Meanwhile in Swansea

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swansea-airport-launch-first-passe

When the team fly to away games do they use Swansea Airport?

Again an airport in the wrong location I do hope it takes off all the same . Swansea North would be ideal location

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 20:43 - Jan 19 with 788 viewsWhiterockin

Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 20:41 - Jan 19 by Boundy

Again an airport in the wrong location I do hope it takes off all the same . Swansea North would be ideal location

Junction 46 would be perfect.
Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 14:33 - Jan 20 with 727 viewscontroversial_jack

Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 20:43 - Jan 19 by Whiterockin

Junction 46 would be perfect.

It would be just as quick to get to Cardiff as Fairwood common
Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 21:57 - Jan 20 with 688 viewsBoundy

Wizz Air Pull Out of Cardiff Airport on 16:57 - Jan 19 by bennytheblue

I don’t think it’s fair to the taxpayer though, that’s four brand new high schools that could have been built with money down the drain. With its long run way it needs to change its market I think, else close. Takes me 40 mins to get there from my house, and hour to Bristol so not really much difference. If I could fly to New York, Toronto, Qatar or Florida from cardiff I would every time if the price was decent.

We call them Comprehensives down west, none of this faux americanism if you don't mind or are you assuming they'll be built in Cardiff , you're probably right

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024