Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2nd hand car advice 13:30 - Feb 7 with 6098 viewstoboboly

Need to get a new car, looking on autotrader's website and the reviews of every company is horrendous, like the wild west.

Does anyone have a reliable go to for 2nd hand cars that don't cost the earth?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

2nd hand car advice on 21:04 - Feb 7 with 1656 viewsted_hendrix

My lad has owned and runs his own business for many years now, combined sales-service and MOT centre, he employs about 10 people and has kept them on since this viscious bastard Covid struck. (including furlough)

FWIW.

Cars with long warranties (say six years) make doubly sure that the car has full service history and if possible by the manufacturer, if you buy a used car with X amount of years remaining manufactures warranty they will rightly check that the servicing has been carried out in accordance with their warranty statement. You can easily download any manufacturers warranty statement.

steer clear of car auctions.

The market is volatile beyond belief at the moment, one week he'll buy in say 10 cars and the next week he cant get anywhere near the same cars again.

He has a 5 out of 5 review rating and he don't do discount.

If you buy private make sure you do an HPI Check.

Good luck.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

2nd hand car advice on 21:44 - Feb 7 with 1603 viewsBoston

2nd hand car advice on 21:04 - Feb 7 by ted_hendrix

My lad has owned and runs his own business for many years now, combined sales-service and MOT centre, he employs about 10 people and has kept them on since this viscious bastard Covid struck. (including furlough)

FWIW.

Cars with long warranties (say six years) make doubly sure that the car has full service history and if possible by the manufacturer, if you buy a used car with X amount of years remaining manufactures warranty they will rightly check that the servicing has been carried out in accordance with their warranty statement. You can easily download any manufacturers warranty statement.

steer clear of car auctions.

The market is volatile beyond belief at the moment, one week he'll buy in say 10 cars and the next week he cant get anywhere near the same cars again.

He has a 5 out of 5 review rating and he don't do discount.

If you buy private make sure you do an HPI Check.

Good luck.

I used to own a blue and white hooped cargo van...it got nicked.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

2nd hand car advice on 22:36 - Feb 7 with 1535 viewsLoftgirl

For some reason, I watch a lot of You Tube videos from a bloke calling himself Chops Garage. I have no real interest as I am I Oz, but he seems genuine and very fair. Maybe give him a look. I think he's in Devon.
2nd hand car advice on 00:20 - Feb 8 with 1477 viewsbob566

This has worked well for me. Buy a new car if you can. 25k EUR for a Hyundai tuscon. Sell it back to the same dealer after a couple of years for circa 17k EUR. They will sell you another one with free insurance or 5 free services. And repeat after two more years. No servicing costs for the two years. No mot hassle or costs. No mechanic fees as it's spanking new and under warranty. Works out at 3.5k per year over the two years to have a lovely new car every two years. I know not everyone has the initial 25k to buy a new car but this is what I've done. Appreciate this isn't advice on a second hand car. Good luck with it.
2nd hand car advice on 08:16 - Feb 8 with 1395 views1MoreBrightonR

If you're selling a car, I have to mention motorway.co.uk... Because I work for them :) having said that, I've never known a business that is trying to hard to change negative perceptions of an industry... It's definitely a customer first business.

You list your car, detail all the imperfections etc and 4000 dealers bid against it in a daily auction, then collect it from you. You don't have to leave your house other than to take photos of the car.
2nd hand car advice on 08:32 - Feb 8 with 1373 viewsPlanetHonneywood

2nd hand car advice on 21:44 - Feb 7 by Boston

I used to own a blue and white hooped cargo van...it got nicked.

Thanks, although we did toss out the Phil Collins' CDs!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

2nd hand car advice on 13:42 - Feb 24 with 806 viewsMick_S

2nd hand car advice on 08:32 - Feb 8 by PlanetHonneywood

Thanks, although we did toss out the Phil Collins' CDs!

You had more than one? That’s really bad, John.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

2nd hand car advice on 08:36 - Mar 6 with 623 viewsKathrineMallett

2nd hand car advice on 20:17 - Feb 7 by CamberleyR

I know what you mean. We bought Mrs Camberley's latest car, a BMW 2 series Active Tourer just over two years ago before Covid hit. It was a 19 plate just over 8 months old at the time with about 6.5k miles on the clock.

I recently saw an identical spec 2 series on BMW's approved used site which was a few months older and had only a couple of thousand fewer miles than the car has done (21k currently) which was £4k more than we paid two years ago! Used prices are mental at the moment.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2023 13:04]

I have seen this post, but we will also tell you about a very good platform, very good information can be obtained from here, everyone must have heard about chat gpt 3, this is a good platform https://ingpt3.com/ if you want to know more about it If yes then you must check it.
Login to get fewer ads

2nd hand car advice on 10:20 - Mar 6 with 530 viewsTW_R

2nd hand car advice on 15:39 - Feb 7 by hantssi

On my 2nd Octavia.
Owned by VW and made in Germany!
Bought a demo model this time last year and it’s worth the same now as what I paid for it.
It’s a bit like driving an iPod with all the tech but it’s a lovely car.

Sorry to be a pedant but Skoda don't build cars in Germany. Nice cars though - almost bought an RS once.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024