Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham 20:46 - Feb 6 with 4185 viewsswancity

As a neutral what is your impartial view of this ?

Mike Dean is getting a lot of stick for this but the player lifted his elbow into an opponents face striking him ? Why do this ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 13:43 - Feb 7 with 868 viewsonehunglow

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 11:46 - Feb 7 by Catullus

If I see Dean down to ref I straight away think that' a game ruined before it's even kicked off. He's a terrible ref, an attention seeker and his body language screams look at me, look at me.
How he is still picked up by the Premier league is beyond me. I wouldn't want him in the local leagues.

As I say,like that horrednou look at me rugby ref Steve Walsh who single handedly ruined games-as does Dean.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 15:57 - Feb 7 with 835 viewsCatullus

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 13:43 - Feb 7 by onehunglow

As I say,like that horrednou look at me rugby ref Steve Walsh who single handedly ruined games-as does Dean.

I don't mind Walsh so much, it's been Wayne Barnes that I've disagreed with but he's done ok today.

Any ref that makes themself the centre of attention is not good, in whatever sport.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 17:39 - Feb 7 with 810 viewsGaryjack

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 01:30 - Feb 7 by hobo

Shocker. Made the decision after staring at the monitor for over a minute too. Mitrovic even said it wasn’t malicious

That's all well and good, but he went down like a sack of shyte. He'd already done the damage. Saying it wasn't malicious after he'd sent him off ain't gonna wash. It's not as if Dean is then going to change his mind is it.
Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 18:12 - Feb 7 with 792 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 17:39 - Feb 7 by Garyjack

That's all well and good, but he went down like a sack of shyte. He'd already done the damage. Saying it wasn't malicious after he'd sent him off ain't gonna wash. It's not as if Dean is then going to change his mind is it.

And recinding a red card doesn't get the team back any points it loses because of it.
The damage is done.
Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 18:18 - Feb 7 with 786 viewsCatullus

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 17:39 - Feb 7 by Garyjack

Mitrovic is a cheat in my opinion. He often goes down when he wasn't even touched and refs fall for it.
It's because of players like him I think you should be able to appeal yellow cards and there should be a citing systen too.
Players wouldn't cheat so much if they could be pulled up for it and punished after the game.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 21:38 - Feb 7 with 755 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 18:18 - Feb 7 by Catullus

Mitrovic is a cheat in my opinion. He often goes down when he wasn't even touched and refs fall for it.
It's because of players like him I think you should be able to appeal yellow cards and there should be a citing systen too.
Players wouldn't cheat so much if they could be pulled up for it and punished after the game.

Totally agree.
Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 12:35 - Feb 8 with 700 viewsReslovenSwan1

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 21:38 - Feb 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Totally agree.

Soucek is cute very cute. he managed somehow to elbow the centre forward in the face and has the nation on his side. Mitrovic made a meal of it for sure.

The Ason Villa defender Mings is kown also to be very clumsey while "accidently" treading on a number of players including Ibrahimovic. "0oops did I tread on your face".

Wise sage since Toshack era

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 12:41 - Feb 8 with 696 views34dfgdf54

Rescinded.
Login to get fewer ads

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 13:38 - Feb 8 with 686 viewsraynor94

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 12:35 - Feb 8 by ReslovenSwan1

Soucek is cute very cute. he managed somehow to elbow the centre forward in the face and has the nation on his side. Mitrovic made a meal of it for sure.

The Ason Villa defender Mings is kown also to be very clumsey while "accidently" treading on a number of players including Ibrahimovic. "0oops did I tread on your face".

Laughable

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 14:07 - Feb 8 with 676 viewsonehunglow

Im reading Dean has asked not to officiate thi coming weekedn as hi family have had death threats.

Pretty vile that and make you wonder

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 14:09 - Feb 8 with 676 viewsjackrabbit

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 12:35 - Feb 8 by ReslovenSwan1

What an absurd statement! Not worth any further comment.

What is worth comment though is that true to form, some numbskulls calling themselves football fans, have made death threats to Mike Dean, who has now asked not to be chosen to officiate this weekend. Football does attract some real beauties.
Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 14:15 - Feb 8 with 670 viewsonehunglow

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 14:09 - Feb 8 by jackrabbit

What an absurd statement! Not worth any further comment.

What is worth comment though is that true to form, some numbskulls calling themselves football fans, have made death threats to Mike Dean, who has now asked not to be chosen to officiate this weekend. Football does attract some real beauties.

Yep,as I was saying.

Make no mistake ,Mitrovic is a particularly unpleasant ,dishonest chap.

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 15:36 - Feb 8 with 646 viewsReslovenSwan1

People are victimising Mike Dean. He has no problem making decsions and being the boss of the field of play. He is charge of the game and lets people know it. My problem is referees having a media persona outside of the game and profiting on that. People say he is "its about me".

Hang on a minite we in Wales have a rugby referee who is a major performer on the Welsh celebrity circuit. Its always been about him as far as I can see. "our Nigel".

Its a given rule. If you strike someone in the face it is a sending off. Soucek knew he was there he could feel his breath. You do not need to be looking at the victim.

a) Strikng someone in the face is a red card
b) He knew Mitrovic was there
c) He struck him in the face with his elbow

Garrick was sent off for much less a little shove. Oh I forgot. It was not Mike Dean.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 15:38]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 16:11 - Feb 8 with 629 viewshobo

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 12:41 - Feb 8 by 34dfgdf54

Rescinded.

Some very serious questions need to be asked of Dean now.

How many replays of the incident did he watch? Must have been 20+. Yet still he got the incorrect decision. He needs a long suspension followed by a season in the lower leagues
Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 16:12 - Feb 8 with 629 viewsswancity

Soucek Red Card Earlier For West Ham on 15:36 - Feb 8 by ReslovenSwan1

People are victimising Mike Dean. He has no problem making decsions and being the boss of the field of play. He is charge of the game and lets people know it. My problem is referees having a media persona outside of the game and profiting on that. People say he is "its about me".

Hang on a minite we in Wales have a rugby referee who is a major performer on the Welsh celebrity circuit. Its always been about him as far as I can see. "our Nigel".

Its a given rule. If you strike someone in the face it is a sending off. Soucek knew he was there he could feel his breath. You do not need to be looking at the victim.

a) Strikng someone in the face is a red card
b) He knew Mitrovic was there
c) He struck him in the face with his elbow

Garrick was sent off for much less a little shove. Oh I forgot. It was not Mike Dean.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 15:38]

Agreed re Mike Dean

He’s shown over many years that he’s not afraid to make (unpopular) decisions. And like all referees he’s a human being ( at least I think he is lol) who makes errors.

On this one though, he was put in an invidious position by VAR. Moss I think it was. As VAR had checked the incident, felt that it needed the intervention of Mike Dean who then had a decision to make. And as you say a player cannot lift an elbow onto the face of an opponent. There’s a possibility that Soucek knew that he could do it and make it look accidental.

On balance it was very harsh to send him off but I can understand why he did it, applying the letter of the law strictly that is.

Most importantly VAR needs to booted into touch urgently.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024