Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here we go, Swansea in lockdown 13:30 - Sep 25 with 9409 viewsAndy1300

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54285704

All a bit unnecessary to be honest.

Cases mean nothing without deaths, and they are possibly a lot of false positives.

Number 1 team in Wales

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 17:00 - Sep 28 with 789 viewsexhmrc1

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 16:36 - Sep 28 by Neath_Jack

I'm not, and never have twisted anything in regards to Covid butt.

The numbers i posted yesterday and today are correct.

No doubt we will see numbers rise drastically soon enough, but at the moment, there was no need for the extra restrictions, in my opinion.

Please don't reply with paragraph after paragraph and about the English and closing down the borders etc, it's just as boring as Dimi and his BLM nonsense.

9 cases in a day is 63 cases in a week. It is very close to the 50 per 100 residents and they have acted early. 10 cases a day would actually put Neath Port Talbot above the 50 figure ie 10x7 is 70 . 70x100/135 is in excess of 50. Sunday and Mondays figures tend to be the lowest of the week. The Monday figure includes the figures from 1pm Saturday to 1pm Sunday and Tuesday and Wednesday tend to be highers because of catch up from the weekend. Lat Monday there were 18 new cases in Swansea Bay and today there were 35 nearly double that figure. The authorities clearly believe that Neath Port Talbot will be over the 50 figures in the next couple of days and time will tell.

The earlier the restrictions are brought in the better to try and stop the increase. It wasnt so long ago that Neath Port Talbot went 8 days without a single case.

The sooner the virus is got under control the better for everyone including Neath Port Talbot residents. If this helps stem the flow so much the better. Only time will tell whether the authorities have got it right but I suspect they have and maybe they should have moved earlier in Swansea.
Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 17:03 - Sep 28 with 788 viewsonehunglow

What this thread show is how divided we are and its understanable as we are in a unique situation where there is no "right" way .

Comparing us with huge empty countries like Sweden doesnt help.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 18:01 - Sep 28 with 759 viewsCatullus

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 20:50 - Sep 27 by Andy1300

How can they spread the virus in a car.

If they are going to a drive through site, they have to keep their windows closed, open them slightly to get handed a test, then do the test themselves, they then put their hazards on to alert a person to collect the test which is in a sealed bag. If their windows are opened at any point other than directed, they are waved through the site and sent on their way.

It wasn't a drive through, they were queueing on the street and being interviewed by ITV Wales...or BBC Wales....I forget!

https://www.merthyr.gov.uk/news-and-events/latest-news/temporary-drop-in-testing

Anyway, if they needed a test they must suspect having the virus and if they stopped anywhere, well accidents happen.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 18:52 - Sep 28 with 733 viewsAndy1300

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 15:49 - Sep 28 by Neath_Jack

A massive 9 infections for Gods little acre today.

Well worth the extra restrictions being put into place.

I think they just wanted to make the map look a bit tidier by being able to colour our bit in as well.

It’s pointless, the majority are spooked and won’t have it any other way

Number 1 team in Wales

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 19:40 - Sep 28 with 706 viewsexhmrc1

Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 18:52 - Sep 28 by Andy1300

It’s pointless, the majority are spooked and won’t have it any other way

The figures for Neath Port Talbot showed 19 new cases on Friday 10 on Saturday 8 on Sunday and 9 today. That is a total of 46 so over 11.5 per day. These tend to be the lowest days of a typical week and figures are usually higher on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays as all the weekends figures get reported. On 11.5 cases per day that is 80 per week that is a rate of 59 per week well above the figure needed to go into lockdown.
Here we go, Swansea in lockdown on 19:52 - Sep 28 with 696 viewsbritferry

No loud music in pubs now, stats say 3% of news cases were transmitted via pubs... 42% via Schools & Colleges.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8780631/Pubs-bars-restaurants-blame-3-c

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024