Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket prices 10:09 - Aug 5 with 46494 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/20-21_sts_announcement/

£200 Sandy
£270 Pearl
£335 Main

[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 10:13]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Season ticket prices on 12:37 - Aug 15 with 2183 views1907

Season ticket prices on 12:33 - Aug 15 by dalenumber2

Putting the wrong phone number on the leaflet and only being able to renew online if you want the Sandy, and not mentioning this, is pretty basic tbf. If I’d known I couldn’t renew online I’d have set off early this morning and join the queue. Nobody’s blaming the staff - I really feel for them today. Meanwhile I’ll keep trying to get through on the phone today, wish me luck.

I managed to get through on the phone 20 minutes ago and sort mine out so fingers crossed you’ll get sorted soon.
Season ticket prices on 12:42 - Aug 15 with 2150 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 12:33 - Aug 15 by dalenumber2

Putting the wrong phone number on the leaflet and only being able to renew online if you want the Sandy, and not mentioning this, is pretty basic tbf. If I’d known I couldn’t renew online I’d have set off early this morning and join the queue. Nobody’s blaming the staff - I really feel for them today. Meanwhile I’ll keep trying to get through on the phone today, wish me luck.

Re. renewing online for the Sandy only, it was mentioned in this extensive article on the official website on Thursday:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/season-card-/

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season ticket prices on 12:48 - Aug 15 with 2119 viewskel

Season ticket prices on 12:12 - Aug 15 by 1907

There are people complaining on Facebook that they have had to queue for an hour this morning. I queued for an hour to get into The Halifax in the town this week. Please can people just lay off with the endless negativity about anything and everything. These are extremely challenging times & the club are trying their best. There will always be lessons to be learnt, but cut them some slack.

Couldn’t agree more. I’m glad most of those on those Facebook groups have their own little corner of the internet to constantly whine on so we don’t have to put up with their negativity on here.

Some of them moan about basically anything that the club does and it’s tiresome. Some would tell me not to read them but I do like to see certain ones constantly contradicting themselves while posting the same old shite over and over again. I’m convinced a certain one has his moans about finances saved on his phone and just copies and pastes the same argument whenever the subject crops up.
Season ticket prices on 13:02 - Aug 15 with 2058 viewsDaleFan7

Season ticket prices on 12:37 - Aug 15 by 1907

I managed to get through on the phone 20 minutes ago and sort mine out so fingers crossed you’ll get sorted soon.

What is the actual number to call? It just keeps ringing out for me?
Season ticket prices on 13:07 - Aug 15 with 2036 viewsAtThePeake

Season ticket prices on 12:48 - Aug 15 by kel

Couldn’t agree more. I’m glad most of those on those Facebook groups have their own little corner of the internet to constantly whine on so we don’t have to put up with their negativity on here.

Some of them moan about basically anything that the club does and it’s tiresome. Some would tell me not to read them but I do like to see certain ones constantly contradicting themselves while posting the same old shite over and over again. I’m convinced a certain one has his moans about finances saved on his phone and just copies and pastes the same argument whenever the subject crops up.

Had to laugh at the comments on the Josh Lillis photo the other day moaning at how he had been treated by the club and calling him a 'Dale legend.'

The exact same people were calling him every name under the sun every time he conceded two or more goals in a game.

Tangled up in blue.

Season ticket prices on 13:12 - Aug 15 with 2015 viewsroccydaleian

Season ticket prices on 13:02 - Aug 15 by DaleFan7

Season ticket prices on 13:13 - Aug 15 with 2010 viewskel

Season ticket prices on 13:07 - Aug 15 by AtThePeake

Had to laugh at the comments on the Josh Lillis photo the other day moaning at how he had been treated by the club and calling him a 'Dale legend.'

The exact same people were calling him every name under the sun every time he conceded two or more goals in a game.

My favourite is the comparison to bury. “The fans at bury did nothing etc and we shouldn’t be like them”

Then, the same person claims the club lack ambition and are just happy with survival. Comedy gold.
Season ticket prices on 13:15 - Aug 15 with 2004 viewsSuperKev19

The thing that frustrates me the most is that the off field club set up, which is entirely in our own gift, is not fit for purpose. Surely it could have been arranged to have an online telephone queue regardless of what season ticket take up was forecasted?

I rarely have a moan on the forum and have tried to do my bit to help the club during these uncertain times (didn't claim a refund on last seasons season ticket, joined Dale Lotto and plan to get a new shirt for the first time in 10 years). However, in my opinion, the club is marketing itself and operating like a charity and not a commercially savvy business. How can we expect to be successful on the pitch and compete with our league rivals when we struggle to get our own set up in check?

Anyway - Will keep calling the ticket office in hope I get through; Up the Dale.
Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket prices on 13:15 - Aug 15 with 2000 viewsDaleFan7

Season ticket prices on 13:12 - Aug 15 by roccydaleian

That explains it then, cheers!
Season ticket prices on 13:18 - Aug 15 with 1988 viewsdawlishdale

I queued up for nearly 2 hours, but have had to leave due to other commitments this afternoon. Most people in the queue were reasonably understanding of the situation, but I did hear 2 or 3 saying they wouldn't be bothering as they left.

I want 2 seats, so I can't buy them online, and I won't be able to visit during office hours this coming week. Will the office be open again tomorrow? It seems to be my only way of buying. Just seen that the phone number is now out of order.

Advice greatly appreciated.
Season ticket prices on 13:20 - Aug 15 with 1978 views442Dale

Season ticket prices on 12:35 - Aug 15 by onedalefan

Gave up after nearly two hours and getting about 30 yards. Was told about another 3 hours and have to go to work this afternoon.

The queue is back to the Ratcliffe now. Arrived at 8.20am this morning and that’s where we were, they started selling at 9 and we were done at 12.45pm. That said just before we got in they opened up extra selling point inside the office to try and speed things up. They’re doing the best they can but definitely lessons to be learnt; everyone in the queue was appreciative of the situation and were trying to come up with ideas that may have helped, eg. people booking a slot to come down and buy their tickets so the club can manage however many per hour.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season ticket prices on 13:33 - Aug 15 with 1929 viewsMass_Debater

Season ticket prices on 13:02 - Aug 15 by DaleFan7

01706 644648
Season ticket prices on 13:42 - Aug 15 with 1887 viewsD_Alien

Season ticket prices on 13:15 - Aug 15 by SuperKev19

The thing that frustrates me the most is that the off field club set up, which is entirely in our own gift, is not fit for purpose. Surely it could have been arranged to have an online telephone queue regardless of what season ticket take up was forecasted?

I rarely have a moan on the forum and have tried to do my bit to help the club during these uncertain times (didn't claim a refund on last seasons season ticket, joined Dale Lotto and plan to get a new shirt for the first time in 10 years). However, in my opinion, the club is marketing itself and operating like a charity and not a commercially savvy business. How can we expect to be successful on the pitch and compete with our league rivals when we struggle to get our own set up in check?

Anyway - Will keep calling the ticket office in hope I get through; Up the Dale.

"I rarely have a moan on the forum..."

I'll say, with it being your first post...

(May have had a previous username, of course)

Just also to say, well done to those who've been queuing at the ground for hours. Will be interesting to see the total sold in this initial phase. I forecast 1250 to a mate the other day, but sounds like that'll prove to be an underestimate

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season ticket prices on 13:50 - Aug 15 with 1845 viewselectricblue

Season ticket prices on 13:42 - Aug 15 by D_Alien

Just also to say, well done to those who've been queuing at the ground for hours. Will be interesting to see the total sold in this initial phase. I forecast 1250 to a mate the other day, but sounds like that'll prove to be an underestimate

Thats a princely sum of £250k in the coffers.......

Hopefully some of it is to help the squad with new signings.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Season ticket prices on 13:52 - Aug 15 with 1839 viewsShun

Season ticket prices on 10:29 - Aug 15 by SuddenLad

My experience exactly. Patience is one thing that we are asked to have - in abundance. Incompetence is something the club excels at in almost every situation involving supporters.

It's time people were held to account for this utter farce. Completely unacceptable, on what was likely to be the busiest day of the pre-season, supporters are again treated with contempt.

‘ Just to add - only one person in the foyer/window at any time, be VERY patient, whether queuing or ringing, staff will be working at full steam, so it will be a hell of a wait for some. It could be hectic.’

Only three days ago!

I’m not sure why there’s so much consternation on here and on Facebook. A lot of the things people are moaning about (different families not being able to sit together, and only being able to buy Sandy Lane tickets online) were explained clearly by the club a few days ago.

The queue was always going to happen. Every single transaction will be far more complex than ordinarily, and remember it’s just as new to the admin staff as it is to us.

Putting the wrong phone number on the letter is a silly mistake, but I would’ve thought that anyone who saw a phone number with ten digits would realise it’s a mistake, and a simple Google could find the correct one.

As for it being hard to get through, yes, that’s to be expected. No company as small as RAFC would have a phone system capable of taking 1,000+ calls and placing them in a queue. Most systems of this nature have a set limit of, say, 10 or 15 for a queue, and after that you’ll have to try again later. It simply wouldn’t be feasible to get a bigger queue for the times it would be needed.
Season ticket prices on 14:03 - Aug 15 with 1789 views442Dale

Season ticket prices on 13:42 - Aug 15 by D_Alien

One thing that was hard to gauge was how many people were actually queuing as with social distancing it became longer and looked more than it probably was. Maybe 300 in total just after 9am? But that’s a total guess.
It’s like when Plymouth/Bradford say they brought thousands more than they did - you don’t focus on the gaps between people only the amount of space they’re taking up.

The final bit was the killer, turning the corner of the Ratcliffe and you can see the ticket office, said to my lad at 10.15 “we might be done by 11”. 2 hours plus later...

Season ticket prices on 14:12 - Aug 15 with 1757 viewswozzrafc

Thought I’d share the issues I’ve had online and on phone.

Tried to renew adult and junior season ticket online. System would not let me add two tickets. I added adult ticket to basket then tried junior but the adult ticket disappeared.

In the end purchased the adult ticket then tried to purchase junior tickets only to get charged full amount!!. So now I have one adult but no junior.

Turned to the phone and got cut off over 70 times by an automated machine.

After 3.5 hrs and totally frustrated and concerned I had a ticket but my son didn’t and numbers were limited I decided to email my thoughts to Dave Bottomley that a father and son can’t buy a ticket together. Credit where credit is due he called me Personally To apologise and ensure me I would get my son a ticket in the Sandy with me and was able to take my details.

He was also gracious to ensure he get details of the issues I was having.

I have spoken to quite a few people with kids all having the same issue online. Some people have been able to purchase tickets by adding the junior tickets to the basket first.

It’s trying times at the moment, just keep trying and hope you get your tickets.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2020 14:14]
Season ticket prices on 14:18 - Aug 15 with 1719 views442Dale

Season ticket prices on 14:12 - Aug 15 by wozzrafc

Thought I’d share the issues I’ve had online and on phone.

Tried to renew adult and junior season ticket online. System would not let me add two tickets. I added adult ticket to basket then tried junior but the adult ticket disappeared.

In the end purchased the adult ticket then tried to purchase junior tickets only to get charged full amount!!. So now I have one adult but no junior.

Turned to the phone and got cut off over 70 times by an automated machine.

After 3.5 hrs and totally frustrated and concerned I had a ticket but my son didn’t and numbers were limited I decided to email my thoughts to Dave Bottomley that a father and son can’t buy a ticket together. Credit where credit is due he called me Personally To apologise and ensure me I would get my son a ticket in the Sandy with me and was able to take my details.

He was also gracious to ensure he get details of the issues I was having.

I have spoken to quite a few people with kids all having the same issue online. Some people have been able to purchase tickets by adding the junior tickets to the basket first.

It’s trying times at the moment, just keep trying and hope you get your tickets.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2020 14:14]

The ‘adding a junior’ was clearly one of the main oversights in buying Sandy tickets online as people naturally wanted to make sure they were done together - something which illustrates why seats had to be bought in person/over the phone.

Again, some credit where it was due, Tony Pockney was going down the line talking to fans and he took on board this issue too. I’ll be the first to criticise the club (constructively!) and there are areas where today could have been improved too, however they were faced with a perfect storm of a new ticketing system, restrictions on capacity and what seats were available and Covid19 guidance when selling - all at the same time.

Far from perfect, but they certainly did their best and there was a willingness to find solutions.

Season ticket prices on 14:29 - Aug 15 with 1674 viewsSuddenLad

Season ticket prices on 13:52 - Aug 15 by Shun

‘ Just to add - only one person in the foyer/window at any time, be VERY patient, whether queuing or ringing, staff will be working at full steam, so it will be a hell of a wait for some. It could be hectic.’

Only three days ago!

I’m not sure why there’s so much consternation on here and on Facebook. A lot of the things people are moaning about (different families not being able to sit together, and only being able to buy Sandy Lane tickets online) were explained clearly by the club a few days ago.

The queue was always going to happen. Every single transaction will be far more complex than ordinarily, and remember it’s just as new to the admin staff as it is to us.

Putting the wrong phone number on the letter is a silly mistake, but I would’ve thought that anyone who saw a phone number with ten digits would realise it’s a mistake, and a simple Google could find the correct one.

As for it being hard to get through, yes, that’s to be expected. No company as small as RAFC would have a phone system capable of taking 1,000+ calls and placing them in a queue. Most systems of this nature have a set limit of, say, 10 or 15 for a queue, and after that you’ll have to try again later. It simply wouldn’t be feasible to get a bigger queue for the times it would be needed.

You miss the point.

Once a connection is made and the phone is ringing, there should never be a situation where that call is terminated before it is answered. It isn't good enough to be sent to voicemail or simply 'chopped off' whilst it is still ringing. I have no problem whatsoever with the line being engaged, however many times. I don't care how often I have to ring when the line is engaged - that's to be expected on days like this.

Once the call is accepted and is ringing, I don't expect to be cut off, only to ring again and find it engaged.

For the record, I rang the number 217 times, before I was eventually spoken to after 2 hours and 25 minutes. That included about 15 occasions where the phone was answered, press 1 and wait for a response, only to be cut off again. That shouldn't happen.

As ever, the office staff were polite, competent and friendly. It's the system that's at fault and not fit for purpose.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Season ticket prices on 14:39 - Aug 15 with 1637 viewsDalenet

Season ticket prices on 13:50 - Aug 15 by electricblue

Thats a princely sum of £250k in the coffers.......

Hopefully some of it is to help the squad with new signings.

OR it will be used to pay the existing squad for another two months

OR it will be used to repay the council loan as it was guaranteed against future ticket sales wasn't it?

The Chairman said we already had a revenue/cost gap of £750k for the last 5 months. I doubt they will be rushing out to spend the ST money on lots of players
Season ticket prices on 14:47 - Aug 15 with 1597 viewsBuckTheTrend

Arrived at the ground at 14:30 and was turned away as the queue would not be cleared by closing time at 16:00.
Season ticket prices on 15:02 - Aug 15 with 1530 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season ticket prices on 13:52 - Aug 15 by Shun

Only three days ago!

Well after being a season ticket holder for the past few years looks like I’m not going at all now, suspended phone sales, can’t buy online because I’m not on the system . Proper annoyed

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Season ticket prices on 15:07 - Aug 15 with 1505 viewstony_roch975

Season ticket prices on 14:18 - Aug 15 by 442Dale

The ‘adding a junior’ was clearly one of the main oversights in buying Sandy tickets online as people naturally wanted to make sure they were done together - something which illustrates why seats had to be bought in person/over the phone.

Again, some credit where it was due, Tony Pockney was going down the line talking to fans and he took on board this issue too. I’ll be the first to criticise the club (constructively!) and there are areas where today could have been improved too, however they were faced with a perfect storm of a new ticketing system, restrictions on capacity and what seats were available and Covid19 guidance when selling - all at the same time.

Far from perfect, but they certainly did their best and there was a willingness to find solutions.

absolutely right 442 - Tony Pockney was there from 8am just after I started queuing (14 ahead of me then). Should also mention David Bottomley was also talking with people queuing throughout. Have to say the queue was very good natured, the office staff were still smiling when I got my ticket - 3 hour wait but so pleased to have been able to support the club financially and to look forward to supporting my team on the pitch..fingers crossed

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Season ticket prices on 15:08 - Aug 15 with 1503 views442Dale

Season ticket prices on 15:02 - Aug 15 by rochdaleriddler

Well after being a season ticket holder for the past few years looks like I’m not going at all now, suspended phone sales, can’t buy online because I’m not on the system . Proper annoyed

Hopefully they’ll review today, look at what can be put in place to manage future queues/accessing ticket sales on the phone and online and come up with something to solve some of the issues. Of course, a lot depends on sales numbers but not sure having people turning up on Monday and queueing for hours again is feasible, similarly those who may plan ring at lunch or nip down after work.

Season ticket prices on 15:20 - Aug 15 with 1440 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season ticket prices on 15:08 - Aug 15 by 442Dale

Hopefully they’ll review today, look at what can be put in place to manage future queues/accessing ticket sales on the phone and online and come up with something to solve some of the issues. Of course, a lot depends on sales numbers but not sure having people turning up on Monday and queueing for hours again is feasible, similarly those who may plan ring at lunch or nip down after work.

Maybe they should have migrated everyone onto the new database before announcing sandylaners could apply online, I would have gone to queue if I had known I couldn’t buy online. Piss poor
[Post edited 15 Aug 2020 15:21]

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024