Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beards 08:51 - May 16 with 6093 viewsCountyJim

Young chap i work with in hospital has been told he has to shave his beard off ive told him to contact the Union im not sure if they can force someone to do that

Its a tidy beard and well kept but the argument is his mask won't fit correctly

I can understand that in say the fire service

And another lad has been told to get rid of his pink hair dye I'm not being funny but women can dye their hair why can't men to be fair he does look a knob mind
Beards on 11:19 - May 17 with 933 viewsCountyJim

Beards on 09:17 - May 16 by Neath_Jack

The bloke with a beard is a dickhead then, and so are you for telling him to go to the union. You'll be the first on here crying about him, if he was to contract covid19 and pass away. Vanity should never ever come before a persons health. F*ck sake.

Well funny enough the union have told him its up to him if he wants to shave his beard his manager can't force him

His contact of employment doesn't state he has to be clean shaven unlike say a firefighter

We have people here of various beliefs they aren't told to shave 🙄
Beards on 12:02 - May 17 with 901 viewsNeath_Jack

Beards on 11:19 - May 17 by CountyJim

Well funny enough the union have told him its up to him if he wants to shave his beard his manager can't force him

His contact of employment doesn't state he has to be clean shaven unlike say a firefighter

Typical ex-steelworker you Jim.

I hope that he doesn't pass covid on to any innocent, healthy people that he comes into contact with. The selfish f*cking prick.

No answers to all the others in this thread that have called you both out either have you?

What has a firefighter got to do with some gormless gimp working in a hospital environment, that is refusing to shave? Give your head a wobble ffs.

Edit: Not ALL ex-steelworkers are like Jim mind, there's a couple in this thread for example that have called him out too.
[Post edited 17 May 2020 13:24]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Beards on 12:29 - May 17 with 872 viewsDarran

Fuçking idiot.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Beards on 12:35 - May 17 with 860 viewsItchySphincter

Beards on 12:02 - May 17 by Neath_Jack

Typical ex-steelworker you Jim.

I hope that he doesn't pass covid on to any innocent, healthy people that he comes into contact with. The selfish f*cking prick.

No answers to all the others in this thread that have called you both out either have you?

What has a firefighter got to do with some gormless gimp working in a hospital environment, that is refusing to shave? Give your head a wobble ffs.

Edit: Not ALL ex-steelworkers are like Jim mind, there's a couple in this thread for example that have called him out too.
[Post edited 17 May 2020 13:24]

Don’t sit on the fence mun, tells us how you really feel.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Beards on 12:47 - May 17 with 853 viewsNotLoyal

Common sense comes before a contract of employment ( which in union terms is a document that is used when it suits ) I bet it doesn’t also state he has to wash and clean his teeth either but you would expect it, wouldn’t you ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Beards on 12:54 - May 17 with 837 viewsItchySphincter

True FACT! Workers walked out of Trostre Steel in the eighties because management put pink toilet paper in the bogs. I’m all for strength in a union but this is the sort of bullshit that undoes the good work.
[Post edited 17 May 2020 19:13]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Beards on 12:57 - May 17 with 831 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Surely health and safety under extraordinary circumstances overrides any contact of employment drawn up when such circumstances could not have been foreseen?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Beards on 13:03 - May 17 with 823 viewsNeath_Jack

Beards on 12:35 - May 17 by ItchySphincter

Don’t sit on the fence mun, tells us how you really feel.

Winds me up Itch.

I'm all for workers rights, and I love to see the ordinary working man stand up for himself. But when clowns like this pair, behave like this over such an important issue, then it gets to me.

And let's face it, unions are nothing in today's world, a shower of shite most of them.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Login to get fewer ads

Beards on 13:05 - May 17 with 820 viewsNeath_Jack

Beards on 12:57 - May 17 by Joe_bradshaw

Surely health and safety under extraordinary circumstances overrides any contact of employment drawn up when such circumstances could not have been foreseen?

It overrides contract of employment at any time, never mind extraordinary times. There is a false belief that religion overrides H&S too, because Sikhs were allowed to not wear a safety helmet back in the day.

Beards on 14:00 - May 17 with 773 viewsNotLoyal

Beards on 12:57 - May 17 by Joe_bradshaw

Thing is I’m more than certain the contract will include health and safety including the well being of other workers, and the actions of all, that will be where the employer will go to I’m sure if they need to.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Beards on 15:07 - May 17 with 744 viewsDJack

Bollocks

He... HAS A DUTY OF CARE TO HIMSELF AND OTHERS!

Unshaven puts him at risk and then it puts vulnerable people at risk

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Beards on 16:27 - May 17 with 708 viewsjack247

Jesus Christ, this thread beggars belief.

If the guy doesn’t view his own safety and that of others as more important than a fùcking beard, then he probably shouldn’t be working in a hospital at any time, let alone now.

Jim, no disrespect, but if you’re egging him on to go to the union and kick up a fuss about this, then you’re either impossibly naive or a prick.
Beards on 16:46 - May 17 with 689 viewsSwanjaxs

Perhaps your beardy friend isn't cut out for a job of caring for vulnerable people in these exceptional times.

Maybe he should find other employment if he can't/won't conform to this instruction when everyone is making personal sacrifices just to keep themselves and loved ones safe...
[Post edited 17 May 2020 16:48]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Beards on 20:19 - May 17 with 636 viewsZaxx

Beards on 16:46 - May 17 by Swanjaxs

Perhaps your beardy friend isn't cut out for a job of caring for vulnerable people in these exceptional times.

Maybe he should find other employment if he can't/won't conform to this instruction when everyone is making personal sacrifices just to keep themselves and loved ones safe...
[Post edited 17 May 2020 16:48]

Maybe some of you guys should too?

There are non-conformists in many industries, most tough guys like to push the point.
You have a problem with that ?
Beards on 20:28 - May 17 with 628 viewsSwanjaxs

Beards on 20:19 - May 17 by Zaxx

There are non-conformists in many industries, most tough guys like to push the point.

What part of NHS fronline worker are you struggling to understand?

Coronavirus.

Prevention.

Pandemic.

Do you want me to go on?

The person being discussed works in a place of a high risk of contamination not a factory...

Clear enough for you 👍🏻

[Post edited 17 May 2020 20:31]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Beards on 20:34 - May 17 with 609 viewsCooperman

Beards on 20:19 - May 17 by Zaxx

Nothing should get in the way of health and safety best practice.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Beards on 20:38 - May 17 with 601 viewsZaxx

Beards on 20:28 - May 17 by Swanjaxs

Coronavirus.

Prevention.

Pandemic.

Do you want me to go on?

The person being discussed works in a place of a high risk of contamination not a factory...

Clear enough for you 👍🏻

Nope, not clear at all.

Workers have rights. Is that a problem for you?

I clean shave because I have to. My work insists on it. If I choose not to, is it your right to criticize?
I'll do what I choose to. Just because I decide to comply isn't your business.
Walk a day in their shoes and you can rightfully have your opinion.

Let me know when you've done it yeah...
Beards on 20:40 - May 17 with 598 viewsCooperman

If his manager believes that he is causing unnecessary risk then he can reassign his duties. It also shows a lot about the character of the employee; managers pay great notice of such things when it’s time for restructuring.

Beards on 20:40 - May 17 with 596 viewsSwanjaxs

Beards on 20:38 - May 17 by Zaxx

Nope, not clear at all.

I clean shave because I have to. My work insists on it. If I choose not to, is it your right to criticize?

Ffs I give up 😔

Beards on 20:41 - May 17 with 595 viewsNeath_Jack

Beards on 20:28 - May 17 by Swanjaxs

Coronavirus.

Prevention.

Pandemic.

Do you want me to go on?

Clear enough for you 👍🏻

He's come on tonight looking for a row, just look at his other couple of posts.

Best ignored.

Beards on 20:45 - May 17 with 591 viewsSwanjaxs

Beards on 20:41 - May 17 by Neath_Jack

Best ignored.

Yes your absolutely correct.

Me bad for taking the bait 🤪

As for looking at his other posts, I'd rather cover my còck in jam and stick it in a beehive...

(thats a story for another day)

Beards on 20:46 - May 17 with 588 viewsZaxx

Guys, you know that this is a bull$HITpost?
99% of healthcare workers comply with 99% of what they're asked to do for the good of patients. Now and again there is someone who decides to push the system, 99% of the time the system has to bow to them as they have a point.
Is that a lack of compliance or someone being a dick?
Beards on 20:47 - May 17 with 584 viewsCooperman

Beards on 20:38 - May 17 by Zaxx

Nope, not clear at all.

You’ve tied yourself up in knots there.

You clean shave because you have to but then you do what you want? You’re clearly spoiling for an argument but only coming across as a bit silly.

Beards on 20:47 - May 17 with 583 viewsDarran

Beards on 20:41 - May 17 by Neath_Jack

Best ignored.

Sunday club I reckon.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Beards on 20:48 - May 17 with 581 viewsNeath_Jack

Beards on 20:45 - May 17 by Swanjaxs

Yes your absolutely correct.

Me bad for taking the bait 🤪

As for looking at his other posts, I'd rather cover my còck in jam and stick it in a beehive...

(thats a story for another day)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024