Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position 23:28 - Feb 1 with 10664 viewsbosh67

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/no-lack-of-ambition-defiant-warburton-makes-

Apologies if this has been posted but for anyone in any doubt about what the club is up against in dealing with this FFP thing and what Warburton is having to do as a result and particularly criticising him then do read this. A pretty stark reminder of where we are and despite our dip in results what the management and coaching staff are having to do.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 08:05 - Feb 2 with 1836 viewspaulparker

The fans have been supportive and I don’t think there was a mass of us saying we need to sign a load of players in the window the frustrating thing for me is yet again we started slow and didn’t get the fans on side from the off, people were booing yesterday as we were kicking passes into touch or just going sideways or back to the keeper , another back post free header for the opposition means we are always having to start playing at 1-0 down, the short corners that come to nothing time and time again this is why the fans are starting to go ape
We know the reality of our situation but downing tools in feb and wasting a 5th round cup game isn’t on, as Clive said we are paying good money to watch this
As much as I was against all of this ultra Crystal Palace thing we do need a singing section
People all around me yesterday were just chatting “where you going tonight” “ My piles are giving me gip “ are some of the conversations I heard , all around me it was just people nattering
I didn’t hear a cmon you Rrrsss until the 75th minute

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 08:08 - Feb 2 with 1837 viewsRussian__Bot

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 23:35 - Feb 1 by smegma

That should be posted on EVERY QPR related forum. Some of the comments I've read tonight and heard in the SAR stand today were pathetic.

Apparently we bid money for McKenna in summer. So there is some cash. And even more now after this clear out.

Well Brentford just bought two Oxford forwards for £3m and you can bet they'll sell them for £10m+ in no time. And they ain't on £25 grand a week now

Wigan spent £2m on left back in summer who almost just went to AC Milan for £10m

Clubs needs to do this. Picking up free's like Kane, Ball and Pugh. Giving up half way through. Not bothering with cups.

The club has given up this year. In Jan and from looks of yesterday so have the players

Warburton/Eustace said last seasons team knew they would be starting so performance levels dropped. How many of yesterday's team are concerned about their starting place?!

I'm away with the missus for Stoke game. Would always made that happen on a northern away team weekend. If they can't be bothered neither can I
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 09:05 - Feb 2 with 1777 viewsdistortR

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 01:56 - Feb 2 by karl

Obviously I'm a distant fan and I always appreciate that when compared to those attending regularly, I only follow things on here as a rule, so no twitter carnage, but for me everyone seems pretty relaxed about the league, recent grumblings have been about the relative capitulation in the cup.
The board have royally f*cked up over several seasons but if there was no interference with team selection for the game v Weds then I do honestly think MW has to be held to account as team selection was a terrible decision whether using hindsight or not, no one knew we'd get City and no one knows if they'll play their reserves.
Now that doesn't mean he should be hounded as across the board he has been great and is progressing the club well but when someone mucks up just say it, hope it's accepted and that in future we approach things differently.
I would hate it that it's acceptable to just switch off the cups and aim for mid table.
I've always said that Wigan fans would never swap the FA Cup win over relegation (and subsequently 2nd relegation) but don't know if that's true. For me I would and I still think relegation isn't always the worst thing that can happen a club, drudgery is the curse not highs and lows

'Drudgery is the curse'

Amen brother.

In all things.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 09:08 - Feb 2 with 1771 viewsdistortR

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 07:05 - Feb 2 by peejaybee

As Obama Said : To those that criticize without ideas of there own ,I say what is your answer:

for a start I wouldn't bail out the banks while millions of people lose their homes, but hey ho.

He was a brand, not a visionary.

sorry, gone of piste there.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 09:31 - Feb 2 with 1710 views2Thomas2Bowles

“So I hope the genuine fans...

Yeah, shut up all you glory hunters, innit.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 10:01 - Feb 2 with 1669 views2Thomas2Bowles

Regarding, LR, Training Ground, New Stadium.

Without the go-ahead on a new Stadium and clearly no money for one we are left with a dead-end of staying at LR and so no generation of money, we are already told it loses money every week.

The only way to make any money is to sell players for a profit or a quick fix of promotion.

Profit on players is a slow burn and has a negative of not building a team for promotion. may mean just survival at a lower level year after year of the same dance, treading water.

Traning ground, it's clear now the club does not have the finance or the will to invest in it without that prospect of a new Stadium.

Selling the ground and moving outside the borough could be one way but if they don't even have the finance for the training ground it's all fairy tails.

Even a as a small business model, you can see this is pop up shop stuff and a slow ride to the abattoir.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 10:29]

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 10:03 - Feb 2 with 1674 viewsRangersw12

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 09:31 - Feb 2 by 2Thomas2Bowles

“So I hope the genuine fans...

Yeah, shut up all you glory hunters, innit.

He's probably referring to people like the idiot on twitter who called him a cnt and hopes he contracts the Coronavirus
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 10:23 - Feb 2 with 1625 views2Thomas2Bowles

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 10:03 - Feb 2 by Rangersw12

He's probably referring to people like the idiot on twitter who called him a cnt and hopes he contracts the Coronavirus

Maybe, but then. reply on there not on the OS.

Login to get fewer ads

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 10:25 - Feb 2 with 1633 viewsRangersw12

I'm no accountant and probably got this wrong but looking at last 3 years accounts

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03197756/filing-history

We have lost around £31,000,000 million the last 3 years and this year the 2016 loss of 8.5 million will come off this 3 YEAR cycle of FFP so as unless we have lost over 17 million ( can lose £39,000,000 over 3 years ) we should have some breathing room in the summer and if you add potential sale of Eze be in a decent position ?
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 10:32 - Feb 2 with 1611 viewsDejR_vu

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 10:25 - Feb 2 by Rangersw12

I'm no accountant and probably got this wrong but looking at last 3 years accounts

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03197756/filing-history

We have lost around £31,000,000 million the last 3 years and this year the 2016 loss of 8.5 million will come off this 3 YEAR cycle of FFP so as unless we have lost over 17 million ( can lose £39,000,000 over 3 years ) we should have some breathing room in the summer and if you add potential sale of Eze be in a decent position ?

That pre-supposes the owners want to pump more money in. So, I agree we’ll have more headroom, but that doesn’t mean we’ll have the cash to spend to utilise it.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 12:21 - Feb 2 with 1504 viewsWestbourneR

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 07:59 - Feb 2 by davman

The difficult thing for me is that, whilst I get that we cannot spend money on the first team as that is FFP restricted, there is NOTHING stopping spend on the club's infrastructure such as the Training Ground or a Stadium.

If the owners genuinely still want to spend and "invest" in the future of the club as we have been continually told, the why have both of these projects so obviously stalled?

Conclusion: they don't want to spend a penny more and FFP, although a factor, is a majorly convenient excuse for them.

Hoping that they sell up to someone with a credible plan to get us moved. FFS, the Bus Stop is moving and the other two are improving their stadiums, so there must be something we're not getting told.

Depressing (yet again). The happy times never last with us, do they?

Absolutely right Davman. Yes FFP is there but I know for a fact from people that work with them that Fernandes & Co want to sell the club and have turned the taps off. Hence not a digger in site at Warren Farm. FFP is actually an extremely convenient excuse for them to stop investing.

I don’t blame them, they’ve wasted their half a billion and don’t want to waste any more but they should stop hanging on for property deal pipe dream and sell up and let us move on.

Warburton is doing an exceptional job but it’ll grind him down eventually if we can literally never invest.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 12:25 - Feb 2 with 1500 viewsRangersw12

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 12:21 - Feb 2 by WestbourneR

Absolutely right Davman. Yes FFP is there but I know for a fact from people that work with them that Fernandes & Co want to sell the club and have turned the taps off. Hence not a digger in site at Warren Farm. FFP is actually an extremely convenient excuse for them to stop investing.

I don’t blame them, they’ve wasted their half a billion and don’t want to waste any more but they should stop hanging on for property deal pipe dream and sell up and let us move on.

Warburton is doing an exceptional job but it’ll grind him down eventually if we can literally never invest.

If that was the case they wouldn't of signed as many players in the summer

Proof will be in the summer we should have some money to spend and if they fail to do so then it will show they're not investing

Lets not forget that they spent the club's TV and parachute payments not their own money !
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 12:28 - Feb 2 with 1492 viewsPunteR

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 12:21 - Feb 2 by WestbourneR

Sounds about right.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 12:35 - Feb 2 with 1483 viewsDannytheR

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 23:50 - Feb 1 by Antti_Heinola

Benny, no one argues that there was not mismanagement in the past. But whether we had mismanaged then or not is largely irrelevant to our current position. They invested heavily - and for the most part badly. But we are where we are because the club does not generate income - we are not sking because we lost hundred of millions then - we're are not spending money because we are complying with FFP. Getting angry about essentially what happend 4 or 5 years ago is a waste of time and effort, and apart from being upset that they did not appoint better managers to steward the club in the Prem, which would then mean maybe we'd still be there and not worrying about finances as much, it does not affect where we are now - which is in my view a healthier position than we have been for a very, very long time indeed. Lean squad, no one on ridiculous wages, young players, good attacking manager.
Patience is what's needed here.

Exactly. No-one thinks Fernandes has been anything but a disaster for the club and a lot of people were sceptical about him from the beginning (although as with all these situations, quite a few less than now claim to have been...) How that translates to what was going on in SAR yesterday, which was people AGAIN calling Eze a lazy c*unt - the goal was apparently his fault - escapes me.

People paying their money and having their say is fine, but all it ever translates to in real life is moaning at a group of largely whole-hearted players, who are either inexperienced or clapped out or they wouldn't be with us, and who hear plenty of what gets said at LR. The moment to say to Tony Fernandes himself that we didn't want his demented and disastrous spending spree was in 2012, and most of us were giddy with excitement at signing Ji Sung Park at the time.

So what are we going to do now? Boycott games? Half our fanbase already do that every home game and not because of their high minded principles, but because they're in the pub or watching Netflix.

Something like the transfer window is a kick in the balls because it reminds us so clearly of where we are right now, but none of the players who left bar Wells were even starting for us, and Wells is one of those things that happens with loans. Given how poor he looked yesterday, Bristol look to have spunked 4 million on him just in time for one of his long goalless periods of falling over and looking sad.

If people now genuinely think Hoos is up to no good — rather than finally balancing the books of a club that was run by idiot children for years with our permission as fans — I don't agree. Unfortunately, as many of us know first hand the older we get, hangovers take a depressingly long time to sort themselves out these days.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 12:37]
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 13:22 - Feb 2 with 1425 viewsBenny_the_Ball

This would not surprise me in the least. They're essentially trying to sell a club with planning permission to build a training ground.

It's no coincidence that the taps were turned off when Mittal reduced his shareholding from 30% to 11%. Effectively the consortium held the majority of votes at board level and could force Mittal to contribute towards their wild spending. FFP is a convenient smokescreen but the lack of movement at Warren Farm proves that there is more to it than this as investment in infrastructure is exempt from FFP scrutiny.

If the latest rumours of bribery and money laundering are true, I hope it forces the consortium's hand as MW won't work under these conditions indefinitely.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 13:27 - Feb 2 with 1408 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 12:25 - Feb 2 by Rangersw12

If that was the case they wouldn't of signed as many players in the summer

Proof will be in the summer we should have some money to spend and if they fail to do so then it will show they're not investing

Lets not forget that they spent the club's TV and parachute payments not their own money !

They also spent their own money; we did not receive half a billion from Sky.

As for signing players, the owners have to protect their investment by spending something to at least keep QPR in the Championship. We no longer have assets that owners can strip should the club be relegated.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 13:42 - Feb 2 with 1377 viewsnix

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 12:35 - Feb 2 by DannytheR

Exactly. No-one thinks Fernandes has been anything but a disaster for the club and a lot of people were sceptical about him from the beginning (although as with all these situations, quite a few less than now claim to have been...) How that translates to what was going on in SAR yesterday, which was people AGAIN calling Eze a lazy c*unt - the goal was apparently his fault - escapes me.

People paying their money and having their say is fine, but all it ever translates to in real life is moaning at a group of largely whole-hearted players, who are either inexperienced or clapped out or they wouldn't be with us, and who hear plenty of what gets said at LR. The moment to say to Tony Fernandes himself that we didn't want his demented and disastrous spending spree was in 2012, and most of us were giddy with excitement at signing Ji Sung Park at the time.

So what are we going to do now? Boycott games? Half our fanbase already do that every home game and not because of their high minded principles, but because they're in the pub or watching Netflix.

Something like the transfer window is a kick in the balls because it reminds us so clearly of where we are right now, but none of the players who left bar Wells were even starting for us, and Wells is one of those things that happens with loans. Given how poor he looked yesterday, Bristol look to have spunked 4 million on him just in time for one of his long goalless periods of falling over and looking sad.

If people now genuinely think Hoos is up to no good — rather than finally balancing the books of a club that was run by idiot children for years with our permission as fans — I don't agree. Unfortunately, as many of us know first hand the older we get, hangovers take a depressingly long time to sort themselves out these days.

I agree. Particularly with the point about boycotting games. I think we should be trying to support them now we're putting together something more sustainable. And it's not as if we're having to watch Nbakoto, Lualaba, Ravel Morrison, Sean Goss, Karl Henry, Michael Doughty, Michael Petrasso or Jordan Cousins, who were all in our squad three years ago and were included in a line up of FIFTEEN midfielders in the QPR squad. Yes we did have Freeman, Pav and Mass as well, but what were we paying for all the others?

Anyone who thinks that was better than we have now with ten midfielders, and comprising the likes of Bright, Eze, Chair and Amos and Ball, is having a laugh. And yet the average home attendance then was 14 thousand six hundred and is now 13 thousand 8 hundred. I don't get why we regularly get people proudly proclaiming that they're no longer going to games. On a QPR forum. Bonkers.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 13:53 - Feb 2 with 1361 viewsWatford_Ranger

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 13:42 - Feb 2 by nix

I agree. Particularly with the point about boycotting games. I think we should be trying to support them now we're putting together something more sustainable. And it's not as if we're having to watch Nbakoto, Lualaba, Ravel Morrison, Sean Goss, Karl Henry, Michael Doughty, Michael Petrasso or Jordan Cousins, who were all in our squad three years ago and were included in a line up of FIFTEEN midfielders in the QPR squad. Yes we did have Freeman, Pav and Mass as well, but what were we paying for all the others?

Anyone who thinks that was better than we have now with ten midfielders, and comprising the likes of Bright, Eze, Chair and Amos and Ball, is having a laugh. And yet the average home attendance then was 14 thousand six hundred and is now 13 thousand 8 hundred. I don't get why we regularly get people proudly proclaiming that they're no longer going to games. On a QPR forum. Bonkers.

Obviously we have to stay up this season first but I’m hopeful for next season. Would be nice if some of these FFP-flouters got done hard to give us a 20 point start.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 14:09 - Feb 2 with 1330 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 12:35 - Feb 2 by DannytheR

As someone pointed out earlier, there is a difference between owners, the board and employees. Hoos is employed by the club and therefore follows the owners' directives. He does not have a free hand to do what he likes.

The owners decided to curtail investment so they have charged Lee with making the club more self-sustainable whilst keeping us in the division. They want the real reasons for their change in strategy kept under wraps so Lee focuses supporters' attention on FFP (even though investment in Warren Farm is exempt from FFP scrutiny), alleged fresh legal opposition (even though all legal channels have been exhausted) and, my personal favourite, starlings (who traditionally breed for just 3 months in spring yet have somehow managed to delay Warren Farm for 14 months). When supporters rightly ask questions Hoos pulls out his trump card - the enemy is still strong so I must keep my cards close to my chest. How utterly convenient, Lee.

Unfortunately threads like this one go to show that Lee's charm offensive and diversionary tactics are working on some. Perhaps these fans have little appetite for off-field issues and are just more comfortable with Lee's version? Fine that's your prerogative but please don't preach about the reality of the situation if your head is firmly buried in the sand.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 14:15]
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 14:33 - Feb 2 with 1279 viewsRangersw12

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 14:09 - Feb 2 by Benny_the_Ball

As someone pointed out earlier, there is a difference between owners, the board and employees. Hoos is employed by the club and therefore follows the owners' directives. He does not have a free hand to do what he likes.

The owners decided to curtail investment so they have charged Lee with making the club more self-sustainable whilst keeping us in the division. They want the real reasons for their change in strategy kept under wraps so Lee focuses supporters' attention on FFP (even though investment in Warren Farm is exempt from FFP scrutiny), alleged fresh legal opposition (even though all legal channels have been exhausted) and, my personal favourite, starlings (who traditionally breed for just 3 months in spring yet have somehow managed to delay Warren Farm for 14 months). When supporters rightly ask questions Hoos pulls out his trump card - the enemy is still strong so I must keep my cards close to my chest. How utterly convenient, Lee.

Unfortunately threads like this one go to show that Lee's charm offensive and diversionary tactics are working on some. Perhaps these fans have little appetite for off-field issues and are just more comfortable with Lee's version? Fine that's your prerogative but please don't preach about the reality of the situation if your head is firmly buried in the sand.

Out of interest do you wear a tin foil hat ?
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 14:46 - Feb 2 with 1262 viewsMatch82

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 14:09 - Feb 2 by Benny_the_Ball

Comes across as very patronizing for someone who has as many facts as everyone else on this board. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

None of us knows much about the details of the WF stuff but we do know that Hoos et al have been successful in slashing the wage budget while keeping a competitive first team. He did what he said he would and has been extremely up front about it. So I'm willing to believe him on the stuff that none of us really know about. If the future shows that I'm being naive about that, so be it. Id rather give people the benefit of the doubt than go around being negative and cynical the whole time, you'll end up miserable spending every aspect of your life like that
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 15:00 - Feb 2 with 1226 viewsNed_Kennedys

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 13:53 - Feb 2 by Watford_Ranger

Obviously we have to stay up this season first but I’m hopeful for next season. Would be nice if some of these FFP-flouters got done hard to give us a 20 point start.

There is absolutely no chance the EFL have the bollocks to impose real punishments to those clubs. Prepare for meaningless point deductions at the end of this season once it becomes clear what is needed to affect the final positions as little as possible.
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 16:39 - Feb 2 with 1133 viewsderbyhoop

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 23:37 - Feb 1 by Benny_the_Ball

Seriously, this is getting boring now.

(1) If I want to criticise, I will. If you don't like it, tough.
(2) The criticism is not of Warburton but the board who have put us in this position through chronic mismanagement. That is the stark reality of our financial position.
(3) The solution is not for fans to give them an easy ride but to continue criticising them so that they understand that they are accountable, it is unacceptable and we expect them to dig the club out of the mess that they created.
(4) Given the latest rumours of bribery and money laundering, expect more criticism.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 23:41]

Criticise by all means but don't have a go at current management for the errors made 4-5 years ago

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 17:01 - Feb 2 with 1103 viewsvegasranger

What concerns me is if we have really learnt our lessons. Of the players signed this summer which of them has a transfer value? Who scouted out our loanee players? Apart from the two strikers they have been really poor, haven't improved the team at all.Most of our transfer targets now seem to be in Scotland. An area that MW is very familiar with. What happened to the scouting system that was supposed to outside of the managers influence? What the hell are we paying Sir Les to really do?
A stark reminder of the reality of our financial position on 17:03 - Feb 2 with 1095 viewsTGRRRSSS

Hard to argue with you Vegas - Scotland is rarely producing players who are really working at Champ level these days of course the odd one will come through - but using it as a main target is really 1in 50 odds which arent great - especially when your QPR it would seem.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024