Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our next Manager 17:07 - May 18 with 56124 viewsmagicdaps10

Come on then lads.

Who?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Our next Manager on 19:55 - May 29 with 3497 viewsmagicdaps10

We need to be looking at someone with experience in the championship or higher. We are going into a critical season and to go in to it with a hunch on a manager not been tested at this level is a gamble......one we are not in a place to do.

Said it before and said it again, we should be all over Oscar Garcia. Frightens me that we are looking at names mentioned, willing to pay a small compensation to the club rather than a good signing on fee for an out of work man, one experienced in this league.

What happened to the improved contract offered to Potter.....backed up with the compensation we got from losing him!? Starting to smell a rat again with these bleeding yanks!

Our next Manager on 20:23 - May 29 with 3432 viewsBadlands

Our next Manager on 19:55 - May 29 by magicdaps10

We need to be looking at someone with experience in the championship or higher. We are going into a critical season and to go in to it with a hunch on a manager not been tested at this level is a gamble......one we are not in a place to do.

Said it before and said it again, we should be all over Oscar Garcia. Frightens me that we are looking at names mentioned, willing to pay a small compensation to the club rather than a good signing on fee for an out of work man, one experienced in this league.

What happened to the improved contract offered to Potter.....backed up with the compensation we got from losing him!? Starting to smell a rat again with these bleeding yanks!

Personally I want someone who will continue developing our pass and move game and that is unlikely to be anyone with experience in the championship nd we won't attract any anyone from higher.
No one mentioned inspires me.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Our next Manager on 20:34 - May 29 with 3388 viewsmagicdaps10

Our next Manager on 20:23 - May 29 by Badlands

Personally I want someone who will continue developing our pass and move game and that is unlikely to be anyone with experience in the championship nd we won't attract any anyone from higher.
No one mentioned inspires me.

Garcia will play the style we all want, without a club and has experience in the champ.

Our next Manager on 08:16 - May 30 with 3156 viewsPapaLazarou

6 man shortlist apparently, all of them have been interviewed.

Who do we reckon are the candidates?
Our next Manager on 08:30 - May 30 with 3128 viewsbermudajack

Our next Manager on 08:16 - May 30 by PapaLazarou

6 man shortlist apparently, all of them have been interviewed.

Who do we reckon are the candidates?

Toshack
Flynn
Mellon
Appleton
Tate
Kuchi

If the papers are to be believed... hoping that a Garcia or Berkamp type will have been sounded out, but I have a strong feeling that thus guy Appleton will be given the reigns myself...

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Our next Manager on 08:52 - May 30 with 3054 viewsWarwickHunt

Our next Manager on 08:30 - May 30 by bermudajack

Toshack
Flynn
Mellon
Appleton
Tate
Kuchi

If the papers are to be believed... hoping that a Garcia or Berkamp type will have been sounded out, but I have a strong feeling that thus guy Appleton will be given the reigns myself...

He won’t be king...
Our next Manager on 08:56 - May 30 with 3041 views34dfgdf54

Toshack
Flynn
Mellon
Appleton
Tate
Kuchi

F*ck it I'll say it.

Give Kuqi a go. In his article with WOL he seemed to have experienced coaches ready to come with him, I can't quite remember but I'm sure he said one was with Fergie during the United glory years. He's had experience managing sides in financial difficulty in Finland, knows the club, I have the feeling he would be a good man manager aswell.

Failing that Mellon or Toshack.
Our next Manager on 09:17 - May 30 with 2997 viewsSwansea93

Toshack
Flynn
Mellon
Appleton
Tate
Kuchi

Wasn't that German bloke interviewed?

I'd say

Mellon
Flynn
German Bloke
Poyet
Appleton
Kuqi

Were probably interviewed, failing all them Tate and Toshack fall back options.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Login to get fewer ads

Our next Manager on 09:34 - May 30 with 2951 viewsLeonWasGod

Our next Manager on 08:56 - May 30 by 34dfgdf54

F*ck it I'll say it.

Give Kuqi a go. In his article with WOL he seemed to have experienced coaches ready to come with him, I can't quite remember but I'm sure he said one was with Fergie during the United glory years. He's had experience managing sides in financial difficulty in Finland, knows the club, I have the feeling he would be a good man manager aswell.

Failing that Mellon or Toshack.

There's been a more detailed interview and profile on him in the East Anglian press recently, Ipswich focussed but a few more insights in there as to what the guy is all about. It's be hell of a gamble, but character-wise he'd be good and he seems organised.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-icon-shefki-kuqi-on-desire-to-boss-blu
Our next Manager on 11:50 - May 30 with 2775 viewsBadlands

I'd still prefer to see someone from Sweden Andreas Alm or Jens Gustafsson. Good standard with less gifted players and know who to manage a team.

Our next Manager on 12:10 - May 30 with 2718 viewsBytholWyn

The single most important characteristic for the new manager is that he sustains the good work begun by Potter. None of the candidates with experience of managing in the EFL give me confidence. Only Toshack of those candidates mentioned is likely to build on Potter's legacy - but given his lack of experience as a front line manager he would be a bit of a gamble.

I'm really surprised that Kasper Hjulmand hasn't been mentioned in the press, nor in the bookies odds, as a candidate, given that he ticks so many boxes:

Currently free - a massive tick for our board.

Reputation of playing possession-based, short passing game - massive tick.

Reputation for developing young talent, and for over-achieving with a small club with a small budget - massive tick.

Reputation for playing attacking football, and a creative philosophy - tick.

If all of the above doesn't merit any interest from Swansea then clearly we really do have a hopeless recruitment setup.
Our next Manager on 12:13 - May 30 with 2705 viewsmagicdaps10

Our next Manager on 12:10 - May 30 by BytholWyn

The single most important characteristic for the new manager is that he sustains the good work begun by Potter. None of the candidates with experience of managing in the EFL give me confidence. Only Toshack of those candidates mentioned is likely to build on Potter's legacy - but given his lack of experience as a front line manager he would be a bit of a gamble.

I'm really surprised that Kasper Hjulmand hasn't been mentioned in the press, nor in the bookies odds, as a candidate, given that he ticks so many boxes:

Reputation for developing young talent, and for over-achieving with a small club with a small budget - massive tick.

If all of the above doesn't merit any interest from Swansea then clearly we really do have a hopeless recruitment setup.

Dont think I said it before but

Oscar Garcia

Our next Manager on 12:32 - May 30 with 2657 viewsBytholWyn

Our next Manager on 12:13 - May 30 by magicdaps10

Dont think I said it before but

Oscar Garcia

Certainly worthy of interest. I'd be encouraged if we were being associated with the likes of Garcia or Hjulmand, but when the likes of Mellon are being talked about as serious contenders it's hard not to feel depressed about our prospects.

Perhaps we're keeping things under wraps - it wouldn't be the first time - but that was when Huw was in charge, and managerial recruitment was one thing he got right more often than not.
Our next Manager on 12:36 - May 30 with 2632 views34dfgdf54

Our next Manager on 12:32 - May 30 by BytholWyn

Certainly worthy of interest. I'd be encouraged if we were being associated with the likes of Garcia or Hjulmand, but when the likes of Mellon are being talked about as serious contenders it's hard not to feel depressed about our prospects.

Perhaps we're keeping things under wraps - it wouldn't be the first time - but that was when Huw was in charge, and managerial recruitment was one thing he got right more often than not.

Mellon's odds have dropped again.

Patience my friends.
Our next Manager on 12:48 - May 30 with 2569 viewsKGriz16

is that list testament to the amount of dross available to us with regards to managers, or how low our stock is at the moment?

We've got a hell of a squad there full of potential, I'm confused why a manager whose ambitious is now trying to ply his trade with us. Too many sh*t houses about, that don't wanna gamble with their reputations.
Our next Manager on 13:07 - May 30 with 2512 viewsmagicdaps10

Our next Manager on 12:48 - May 30 by KGriz16

is that list testament to the amount of dross available to us with regards to managers, or how low our stock is at the moment?

We've got a hell of a squad there full of potential, I'm confused why a manager whose ambitious is now trying to ply his trade with us. Too many sh*t houses about, that don't wanna gamble with their reputations.

How do you know thise sh**houses have been approached in the first place!?

Maybe there is wage limit in place and those above it are not being considered. Remember that Potter if he stayed would have been the 4th highest paid in this league.....so an appointment of Mellon or Appleton would certainly be a head scratcher.

Our next Manager on 13:23 - May 30 with 2475 views34dfgdf54

Our next Manager on 12:48 - May 30 by KGriz16

It's a relatively small industry.

Word travels fast.
Our next Manager on 13:58 - May 30 with 2366 viewsN_T_J

Our next Manager on 08:52 - May 30 by WarwickHunt

He won’t be king...

😂
Our next Manager on 14:08 - May 30 with 2335 viewsJacket

Our next Manager on 13:23 - May 30 by 34dfgdf54

It's a relatively small industry.

Word travels fast.

Word travels fast? I don't think you need to have inside info on the industry to know any new manager will have to do it without a big kitty. We're drinking in the Potter's Wheel now not Morgan's.
Our next Manager on 15:14 - May 30 with 2177 views34dfgdf54

Our next Manager on 14:08 - May 30 by Jacket

Word travels fast? I don't think you need to have inside info on the industry to know any new manager will have to do it without a big kitty. We're drinking in the Potter's Wheel now not Morgan's.

Hence my point. It's a risky, risky job to take.
[Post edited 30 May 2019 15:28]
Our next Manager on 15:49 - May 30 with 2081 viewsjackrmee

Our next Manager on 13:07 - May 30 by magicdaps10

How do you know thise sh**houses have been approached in the first place!?

Maybe there is wage limit in place and those above it are not being considered. Remember that Potter if he stayed would have been the 4th highest paid in this league.....so an appointment of Mellon or Appleton would certainly be a head scratcher.

Do we actually know that he would have actually been the fourth highest paid? Sure in the press they actually claimed he was to be THE highest paid, which was surely bollocks.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Our next Manager on 15:55 - May 30 with 2059 viewsNotLoyal

Cameron fücking Toshack FFS 😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Our next Manager on 16:01 - May 30 with 2036 viewssg1912

I might be cynical, but I have a feeling that the board are going to delay announcing a manager for as long as possible and then roll out the standard “we didn’t have enough time to buy players the manager wanted” line.
Our next Manager on 16:04 - May 30 with 2026 viewsBadlands

Our next Manager on 12:10 - May 30 by BytholWyn

Heretical comment here but I think, if they have influence, Britton and to. lesser degree Curt will favour a British manager or someone who has been n Britain for many years.

Our next Manager on 16:22 - May 30 with 1968 viewsjasper_T

Our next Manager on 16:01 - May 30 by sg1912

I might be cynical, but I have a feeling that the board are going to delay announcing a manager for as long as possible and then roll out the standard “we didn’t have enough time to buy players the manager wanted” line.

Is that what West Brom and Boro are doing as well, then?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024