Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routledge 16:37 - Dec 15 with 9742 viewsBLAZE

Has been a class signing - our most capped player during the clubs most successful period ever, I believe

OK, he was finished at PL level. But now we're in the Championship we should've used him more. He's proved that over the last few games

Top Jack. F*ck the boo boys
Routledge on 18:53 - Dec 15 with 1812 viewsWarwickHunt

Routledge on 18:02 - Dec 15 by Jango

Routs was out of his depth for the last 3 seasons in the prem. it got to a stage where it was cringeworthy watching him. Glad he’s making a good contribution at this level though, seems like a decent guy so I’d be more than happy to see him end his playing days with us on a high.

Quite surprised to see De Guzman on that list to be honest. Was an absolute gem of a player for us. Majestic at times.

Blimey, a Jango post I completely agree with.

Have an EU approved uparrow.
Routledge on 19:04 - Dec 15 with 1775 viewsjasper_T

Routledge on 18:52 - Dec 15 by Jango

Wouldn’t disagree with that. Up until last week we’ve only really had VDH, Fer and Olson with any experience and the latter 2 have been unfit and out of form. Dyer and Routledge are perfect players to have in and around the youngsters, whether starters or coming off the bench. Be nice to see us bring another 1 or 2 more experienced players in January.

Naughton and Mulder/Nordfeldt count as experienced, surely.

Jay Fulton has had over a hundred senior games.
Routledge on 19:15 - Dec 15 with 1757 viewsjack247

Routledge on 18:02 - Dec 15 by Jango

Routs was out of his depth for the last 3 seasons in the prem. it got to a stage where it was cringeworthy watching him. Glad he’s making a good contribution at this level though, seems like a decent guy so I’d be more than happy to see him end his playing days with us on a high.

Quite surprised to see De Guzman on that list to be honest. Was an absolute gem of a player for us. Majestic at times.

He wasn’t out of his depth in the PL, he was totally unsuited to the rigid, negative style that our last two managers (at least) had us playing. He looked good today and at Brentford because our attacks are more fluid and inventive, which suits an intelligent player who knows which runs to make and times them well.

If you ask him to play as a traditional winger, run at his fullback and get a cross in, I’d guess he’d struggle in the Championship, it’s just not his game. Interchanging positions and making clever runs in a footballing side is.
Routledge on 19:29 - Dec 15 with 1727 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Routledge on 17:07 - Dec 15 by Pegojack

There's a lot of re-writing of history going on in this thread.
For the past couple of seasons, he's veered between anonymous, atrocious and downright embarrassing.
I'm very glad if he's now found his level and is making a big contribution again, I never want to see a Swans player fail.

I'm very sorry but you're wrong. I and others stuck up for Routledge when people like Perch where assassinating his character but while others (who cost so much more) have flattered to deceive and tried to f*ck off at the first opportunity (like Andre Ayew) Routledge has stayed true to this club. He is a rarity, a proper clubman and the emotion in his interview last week showed just what our club means to him.

It may sound silly but he's an unsung hero of ours, he's stuck around more than some of our tourist fans. Revisit your opinion , he could very well have a massive part to play for us this season. Great today, so glad to see him playing so well.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Routledge on 19:32 - Dec 15 with 1722 viewsJango

Routledge on 19:04 - Dec 15 by jasper_T

Naughton and Mulder/Nordfeldt count as experienced, surely.

Jay Fulton has had over a hundred senior games.

Sorry forgot about naughton.
Routledge on 19:42 - Dec 15 with 1693 viewsJango

Routledge on 19:15 - Dec 15 by jack247

He wasn’t out of his depth in the PL, he was totally unsuited to the rigid, negative style that our last two managers (at least) had us playing. He looked good today and at Brentford because our attacks are more fluid and inventive, which suits an intelligent player who knows which runs to make and times them well.

If you ask him to play as a traditional winger, run at his fullback and get a cross in, I’d guess he’d struggle in the Championship, it’s just not his game. Interchanging positions and making clever runs in a footballing side is.

You’re probably right about formations and styles not suiting his play but his touch, pace, passing, shooting and all round game was well below premier league standards. Nice to see him with a bit of confidence back in his play last few games which I don’t think he would have ever got back in the premier league regardless of styles.
Routledge on 20:04 - Dec 15 with 1644 viewsDJack

Routledge on 18:53 - Dec 15 by WarwickHunt

Blimey, a Jango post I completely agree with.

Have an EU approved uparrow.

Ditto...Perhaps someone hacked his account?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Routledge on 20:12 - Dec 15 with 1638 viewsjack247

Routledge on 19:42 - Dec 15 by Jango

You’re probably right about formations and styles not suiting his play but his touch, pace, passing, shooting and all round game was well below premier league standards. Nice to see him with a bit of confidence back in his play last few games which I don’t think he would have ever got back in the premier league regardless of styles.

To be honest, his shooting and final ball probably aren’t Championship standard. One of those players who (I’m guessing) overthinks it and ends up shanking his shot or cross. He’s never been particularly pacey for a winger, at least for us. He relies on timing, which is why he’s through or in space so often, but isn’t great one on one with a fullback.

Very clever player though. Underrated IMO.
Login to get fewer ads

Routledge on 20:37 - Dec 15 with 1583 viewsFlashberryjack

Routledge on 16:51 - Dec 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Wayne actually looks revitalised, perhaps it is playing with so many enthusiastic youngsters.

Or perhaps the shop window effect has inspired him...nevertheless he had a superb game today.
Well done Wayne

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Routledge on 20:43 - Dec 15 with 1562 viewsDr_Winston

Routledge on 20:37 - Dec 15 by Flashberryjack

Or perhaps the shop window effect has inspired him...nevertheless he had a superb game today.
Well done Wayne

Perhaps playing in a piss poor division is the difference.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Routledge on 20:51 - Dec 15 with 1540 viewsplasjack

Routledge on 20:43 - Dec 15 by Dr_Winston

The championship is not that as well you know, but who am I to argue with GOD.
Routledge on 21:02 - Dec 15 with 1499 viewsFlashberryjack

Or maybe being a good championship player that was playing in a league above his level .

Hello

Routledge on 21:16 - Dec 15 with 1471 viewsjack247

As I said above, he’d look crap in this division if we were still playing Clementball.

Honestly think the style of play is a bigger factor for him than the level. It’s very difficult to stop well timed clever runs whoever you are. His problem has always been what he does when he’s through or has to make a killer pass.
Routledge on 21:17 - Dec 15 with 1466 viewsDr_Winston

Routledge on 21:02 - Dec 15 by Flashberryjack

Or maybe being a good championship player that was playing in a league above his level .

Well no. The idea that there are definite lines between Championship players and Premier League players is simplistic nonsense. Players can look good or shit in games at a number of levels for a wide variety of reasons, not all of which are related to their own technical ability. Something many posters on here really, really need to understand.

Routledge was more than capable for a number of years in the Premier League. He wasn't by the end of our time there (regardless of systems, he just wasn't up to it anymore), but our relegation has given him the chance to contribute more than he has done for most of the last couple of years. Mostly because the Championship these days is a bit shit. Certainly compared to the overall standard the last time we were down here.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Routledge on 21:37 - Dec 15 with 1431 viewsSTID2017

For a number of reasons stated above and probably a mix of all of them, Routs has been overall disappointing when he has had his chance and I have been critical of him.
However, today he was by far and away our best player, gave a real 90 minute performance and took his goal with some aplomb.
Well done Wayne - MOM in my opinion

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Routledge on 21:40 - Dec 15 with 1422 viewsFlashberryjack

Routledge on 21:17 - Dec 15 by Dr_Winston

Well no. The idea that there are definite lines between Championship players and Premier League players is simplistic nonsense. Players can look good or shit in games at a number of levels for a wide variety of reasons, not all of which are related to their own technical ability. Something many posters on here really, really need to understand.

Routledge was more than capable for a number of years in the Premier League. He wasn't by the end of our time there (regardless of systems, he just wasn't up to it anymore), but our relegation has given him the chance to contribute more than he has done for most of the last couple of years. Mostly because the Championship these days is a bit shit. Certainly compared to the overall standard the last time we were down here.

Thank you for agreeing with me.

Hello

Routledge on 22:29 - Dec 15 with 1329 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Routledge on 18:52 - Dec 15 by Jango

Wouldn’t disagree with that. Up until last week we’ve only really had VDH, Fer and Olson with any experience and the latter 2 have been unfit and out of form. Dyer and Routledge are perfect players to have in and around the youngsters, whether starters or coming off the bench. Be nice to see us bring another 1 or 2 more experienced players in January.

The reality is that we’ve dropped down a level. Routs, dyer(although not his best today), Britton and Rangel would all stand out in this league

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Routledge on 22:48 - Dec 15 with 1308 viewsBadlands

Routledge on 19:29 - Dec 15 by Brynmill_Jack

I'm very sorry but you're wrong. I and others stuck up for Routledge when people like Perch where assassinating his character but while others (who cost so much more) have flattered to deceive and tried to f*ck off at the first opportunity (like Andre Ayew) Routledge has stayed true to this club. He is a rarity, a proper clubman and the emotion in his interview last week showed just what our club means to him.

It may sound silly but he's an unsung hero of ours, he's stuck around more than some of our tourist fans. Revisit your opinion , he could very well have a massive part to play for us this season. Great today, so glad to see him playing so well.

Well said.
I think he has real found his home in Swansea (he was the archetypal journeyman before arriving at the Liberty) and the way we used to play and the way we are starting to play again.
A outstanding pro who should have been playing all season and has a great deal to offer the club off the pitch as well.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 22:55]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Routledge on 22:54 - Dec 15 with 1299 viewsTNT

Been crap, but hey, there's still time mun.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Routledge on 23:10 - Dec 15 with 1268 viewscontroversial_jack

Those who say he's not a premiership player, but just a championship one, need to remember what league we are actually in.None of our players are premier league players, but at the moment he's our best player by a mile.
Routledge on 23:17 - Dec 15 with 1248 viewsexiledclaseboy

Routledge never deserved the stick he got from some. Struggled at the top level for the last few years but we should have made much more use of him this season than we have up to now.

Poll: Tory leader

Routledge on 23:18 - Dec 15 with 1244 viewsSTID2017

Routledge on 23:10 - Dec 15 by controversial_jack

Those who say he's not a premiership player, but just a championship one, need to remember what league we are actually in.None of our players are premier league players, but at the moment he's our best player by a mile.

in fairness the last two games he's been superb, but I'm sure he has only played four games this season and scored two goals.So hard to say he is our best player, that's a bit unfair on those who have been in the team all this season, don't you think ?
However, today he was the stand out player by a mile - sheer class.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Routledge on 23:21 - Dec 15 with 1236 viewsPegojack

Anyhow, watched the Quest highlights, Routs took his chance very well. Celina was class.

Interesting to see a number of ex Swans doing well in the games on before ours - Joey Allen of course, Clucas, Danny Graham, Tammy Abraham, Hernandez......
Routledge on 23:22 - Dec 15 with 1236 viewsjasper_T

Routledge on 22:29 - Dec 15 by PatchesOHoulihan

The reality is that we’ve dropped down a level. Routs, dyer(although not his best today), Britton and Rangel would all stand out in this league

How do Naughton, Fer, Olsson and Carroll fit into this perspective?
Routledge on 23:26 - Dec 15 with 1218 views34dfgdf54

Routledge on 23:22 - Dec 15 by jasper_T

How do Naughton, Fer, Olsson and Carroll fit into this perspective?

The players you mentioned never performed to the standard the players Patches mentioned consistently in the premier league.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024