Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists 11:34 - Oct 5 with 17464 viewsCopperJack

Can someone explain something to me, please?

So, you want to leave our biggest market (the UK), on top of all the financial aid we get from England (infinitely more than from the EU, the south east of England basically bankrolls the UK), to join the EU and expatriate those powers to another foreign power in Brussels?

This post isn't meant to be inflammatory, I genuinely don't get it. Besides an irrational hatred of England, the stance of 'life isn't worth living outside of the EU', doesn't match with 'life isn't worth living inside the UK'. They're entirely contrary, in fact.

If you want independence, and be in charge of all our own rules, then fine, I get that, but then don't then gift all those powers to Brussels. If you're concerned with leaving the single market, why would you advocate leaving our BIGGEST market - not to mention the number of people who commute across the border. The EU isn't the land of milk and honey that the nationalists and media portray it, just look at youth unemployment across the EU - there are much bigger and wealthier countries with higher unemployment rates than us, because we're part of the UK.

It just strikes me as 'we're willing to take anything to stick it up the nasty English', but would love clarification on how these two stances aren't contrary. Thanks

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 16:49 - Oct 11 with 1730 viewsLohengrin

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 16:41 - Oct 11 by trampie

I've heard your speciality is fiction.

I KNOW yours is.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 17:00 - Oct 11 with 1715 viewstrampie

I see you have taken to using block capitals when addressing me, lol.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 17:09 - Oct 11 with 1701 viewsLohengrin

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 17:00 - Oct 11 by trampie

I see you have taken to using block capitals when addressing me, lol.

Difficult to do italics on the phone, Trampster.

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 17:19 - Oct 11 with 1690 viewstrampie

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 17:09 - Oct 11 by Lohengrin

Difficult to do italics on the phone, Trampster.

I would have thought that a self appointed literary expert would know how to get their text in italics , lol.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 17:22 - Oct 11 with 1684 viewsLohengrin

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 17:19 - Oct 11 by trampie

I would have thought that a self appointed literary expert would know how to get their text in italics , lol.

Wrong generation, Tramp. I’m more at home in a library than playing about on a phone. For saying that I would probably mess about with one more if I could fathom out how to work the bloody things!

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 18:57 - Oct 11 with 1662 viewsCatullus

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 16:34 - Oct 11 by trampie

People in glass houses should not throw stones !

Yet you keep doing it. Shouting the loudest and longest doesn't make you right.

Here you go, even if you add the"don't knows" in with yes, only 35% want independence for Wales with 65% against,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/welsh-voters-who-want-everything-152

Also, a lot of Welsh voters seem to want parity with the UK and for some EU rules to stay after Brexit, common sense there, not all EU rules are bad just like not all UK rules are good.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 09:21 - Oct 12 with 1619 viewstrampie

People in glass houses and you need to look in the mirror Catullus.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 9:21]

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 17:51 - Oct 12 with 1582 viewsJosey_Wales37

FAO Plaid Cymru Nationalists on 18:57 - Oct 11 by Catullus

Yet you keep doing it. Shouting the loudest and longest doesn't make you right.

Here you go, even if you add the"don't knows" in with yes, only 35% want independence for Wales with 65% against,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/welsh-voters-who-want-everything-152

Also, a lot of Welsh voters seem to want parity with the UK and for some EU rules to stay after Brexit, common sense there, not all EU rules are bad just like not all UK rules are good.

Problem is with h a lot of the polls like these though bud, is that I would say 80/90% of the people voting have not even heard of the likes of Yes Cymru and Nation Wales etc and huge amounts don't even realise that there is even a movement, so certainly would not know that, as I feel, myths are being busted. Many have probably not even listened to any of the Yes Cymru arguments on any of their site, and I don't just mean a quick sift through, but listening to everything they have to say.

The mainstream media is pretty much full on pointing people towards which ever Unionist party they are backing/backed by, and lots take what they say as gospel. The Independence movement however, has virtually no media outlet and is still managing to grow bit by bit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024