Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter Officially Appointed 14:59 - Jun 11 with 11815 viewsdcd14

https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.
Potter Officially Appointed on 17:36 - Jun 11 with 4281 viewsKilkennyjack

Croeso Harry

Beware of the Risen People

Potter Officially Appointed on 18:23 - Jun 11 with 4147 viewsOldjack

He's on the right road ,just got to keep this going in a much tougher football country .
All the best

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Potter Officially Appointed on 18:27 - Jun 11 with 4127 viewspencoedjack

Welcome Graham

Weave some magic fella

YJB
Potter Officially Appointed on 19:30 - Jun 11 with 3987 viewsJethroJack

Pob lwc Graham, aka Harry, YJB 😝
Potter Officially Appointed on 20:08 - Jun 11 with 3886 viewsYossarian

I wonder if the very first thing he did on arriving at Fairwood was to wander into Leadbeater’s office with the Yanks. Point to him and say ‘Why is this bloke still here?’ The second thing I hope he said was ‘Get rid of Big Nose as well. Hes been in a coma for three years’.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Potter Officially Appointed on 20:27 - Jun 11 with 3821 viewsjasper_T

Potter Officially Appointed on 20:08 - Jun 11 by Yossarian

I wonder if the very first thing he did on arriving at Fairwood was to wander into Leadbeater’s office with the Yanks. Point to him and say ‘Why is this bloke still here?’ The second thing I hope he said was ‘Get rid of Big Nose as well. Hes been in a coma for three years’.

Leadbetter has an office? Doesn't he live in Spain and get a cheque in the post every month for all his hard work?
Potter Officially Appointed on 20:52 - Jun 11 with 3750 viewsnantywatcher

Liked this quote from the BBC website:
"I'll tell you something about Graham Potter; he's modest and anchored in reality. I remember him as a polite 17 year old who just broke into a very poor Birmingham side. No ego and a clapped out Mini. Wish him every success with the Swans."
Potter Officially Appointed on 20:56 - Jun 11 with 3742 viewsmonmouth

Potter Officially Appointed on 15:11 - Jun 11 by Darran

I hope he’s a great success though I’m not going to get carried away after the last few years.

I'm getting carried away that we've actually got a manager.

My expectations have been lowered a bit recently.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Potter Officially Appointed on 21:06 - Jun 11 with 3713 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

Potter Officially Appointed on 20:56 - Jun 11 by monmouth

I'm getting carried away that we've actually got a manager.

My expectations have been lowered a bit recently.

Why hasn’t Leadbetter had his P45 yet???!!!!
Potter Officially Appointed on 22:06 - Jun 11 with 3555 viewsQJumpingJack

Is Dan Altman still picking players from his base in New York via his stats machine?
Potter Officially Appointed on 22:18 - Jun 11 with 3522 viewsLeonWasGod

Another gamble when we can’t really afford to lose (window of opportunity wrt parachute payments). Let’s hope it pays off - he seems to have what it takes, so let’s hope he has and we can all start enjoying the footie a bit more.
Potter Officially Appointed on 05:48 - Jun 12 with 3297 viewsSTID2017

Potter Officially Appointed on 20:52 - Jun 11 by nantywatcher

Liked this quote from the BBC website:
"I'll tell you something about Graham Potter; he's modest and anchored in reality. I remember him as a polite 17 year old who just broke into a very poor Birmingham side. No ego and a clapped out Mini. Wish him every success with the Swans."

The clapped out Mini describes us to a tee.
Hope Harry can work his magic and restore us to a tip top condition

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Potter Officially Appointed on 09:35 - Jun 12 with 3169 viewsWarwickHunt

Potter Officially Appointed on 21:06 - Jun 11 by whaleoilbeefhooked

Why hasn’t Leadbetter had his P45 yet???!!!!

Terrible Royal Mail service in Falkirk.
Potter Officially Appointed on 09:43 - Jun 12 with 3143 viewsomarjack

Weirdly and for once,I get this feeling we're in safe hands.

Even Beaky has done a good job here let's admit that. It seemed like a serious,ambitious appointment that promises an actual promotion push (probably not a Newcastle,Wolves type of push but still..)..At least it shows that the Americans, For the next 3 seasons, will not throw the club to the dogs and strip it's assets.

Is Huw making amends?
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 9:43]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Potter Officially Appointed on 10:06 - Jun 12 with 3136 viewsbringbacklaudrup

Potter Officially Appointed on 15:27 - Jun 11 by Mogzzy9

His first interview is on the Swans Youtube channel now. seems a decent bloke. hope he can bring in a few players to improve the squad.

He seems to desire to strike a balance between pragmatism and results and long-term success, adherence to a philosophy ('footballing principles') and sustainability. If he's successful at striking that balance it would be what the doctor ordered. I think the three-year deal reflects a great deal of trust in that respect. My major worry is that if Swansea will persist with the same fitness coaching set-up, it might be unrealistic to expect radical improvements. The pattern over the past few years with Clement and Carvalhal has exhibited some tendencies to have trends of sporadic fitness improvements followed by some lengthy fitness slumps. When we see a club that fails to be able to keep the ball in the opponent's half and tries desperately to maintain defensive shape, it is often a sign of a poor conditioning programme. I've never been a fan of the near-exclusive ball-at-feet training philosophy, because it is difficult to adequately produce the physiological load necessary for fitness gains to occur optimally, because if one has to generate a load equal or greater than that produced in a match, the most feasible way to do this with a ball-at-feet approach is to have the players train near continuously for a similar duration, but then one risks exhaustion and injury due to overuse. If Potter is clever, he will analyse what went wrong the past few years in this area.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 10:06]

Poll: Would you rather have Woods or Chirivella?

Potter Officially Appointed on 10:16 - Jun 12 with 3122 viewsJoshTheJack

Press conference link.
Potter Officially Appointed on 12:15 - Jun 12 with 3016 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Potter Officially Appointed on 10:16 - Jun 12 by JoshTheJack

Press conference link.

Not over impressed seems a bit like a rabbit in the headlights, lots of rhetoric not much substance!

Of course, I'll give him a chance, but I don't think he is the right man, we needed Championship experience, this job is twice as hard as the last five managers have had to do.

This is not a pat on the back or a kick up the arse to get them going again, this is a total rebuild in a new division, and not just try to win a few matches to stay up, it's to win almost all of them to go up!

Get moving Potter, it's taken long enough, now is the time for action, lets see what you are made of.
Potter Officially Appointed on 12:22 - Jun 12 with 2995 viewsomarjack

Potter Officially Appointed on 12:15 - Jun 12 by AlfieMooresSon

Not over impressed seems a bit like a rabbit in the headlights, lots of rhetoric not much substance!

Of course, I'll give him a chance, but I don't think he is the right man, we needed Championship experience, this job is twice as hard as the last five managers have had to do.

This is not a pat on the back or a kick up the arse to get them going again, this is a total rebuild in a new division, and not just try to win a few matches to stay up, it's to win almost all of them to go up!

Get moving Potter, it's taken long enough, now is the time for action, lets see what you are made of.

Would you have preferred someone like Rowett,McCarthy,McClaren etc?

Potter all day for me. Fresh and seems ambitious. Unlike those dinosaurs that have failed again and again and again yet they still get top jobs for some reason. f*ck that.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Potter Officially Appointed on 12:48 - Jun 12 with 2911 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Potter Officially Appointed on 12:22 - Jun 12 by omarjack

Potter all day for me. Fresh and seems ambitious. Unlike those dinosaurs that have failed again and again and again yet they still get top jobs for some reason. f*ck that.

No more like Dean Smith, Chris Wilder, Hughton, Bruce, or Warnock type manager, then last three have won promotion and know the league inside out, the first two potentially have the potential and have current experience in the league.

I can't think of any appointments like this that have worked with a relegated club?
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 12:50]
Potter Officially Appointed on 12:49 - Jun 12 with 2905 viewsJoshTheJack

Potter Officially Appointed on 12:22 - Jun 12 by omarjack

This.I thought he spoke well,seemed calm.My biggest worry is recruitment hopefully he has some gems up his sleeve otherwise it's left up to our scouting team. We all know how that will go.
Potter Officially Appointed on 13:46 - Jun 12 with 2819 viewsmoonie

It's all about the players.
Who goes and who comes in should be down to Potter. If he s allowed to do so, then it ll be a start
Potter Officially Appointed on 13:47 - Jun 12 with 2814 viewsJinxy

What a relief!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44452777
Potter Officially Appointed on 14:12 - Jun 12 with 2757 viewsjasper_T

Potter Officially Appointed on 12:15 - Jun 12 by AlfieMooresSon

You think Potter has spent the last seven years giving pats on the back bringing Ostersunds up through the divisions? A quick kick up the arse to beat Arsenal?

He's done more rebuilding in his career than most managers twice his age. He's won promotions from leagues he's entered from the wrong end. It's a step up in quality but he's the right sort of manager for the job needed here.
Potter Officially Appointed on 19:25 - Jun 12 with 2601 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Potter Officially Appointed on 14:12 - Jun 12 by jasper_T

You think Potter has spent the last seven years giving pats on the back bringing Ostersunds up through the divisions? A quick kick up the arse to beat Arsenal?

He's done more rebuilding in his career than most managers twice his age. He's won promotions from leagues he's entered from the wrong end. It's a step up in quality but he's the right sort of manager for the job needed here.

No, I was saying that's what our last Managers have had to do, this is a much bigger job.

His spell in Sweden is impressive, but this is such an important appointment, I am not sure if a Manager who has had success at a lower level is the right man to take a team from the Premier League to the Championship?

It's not just the football it's the buying and selling at such a crucial time and to try and build team spirit quickly and add some confidence.

Time will tell let's see who we can quickly shift, and who we can bring in, we need some experienced Championship players in as quick as possible!
Potter Officially Appointed on 21:01 - Jun 12 with 2517 viewsjack2jack

Thank gawd for that, now the hard work begins.
I get the impression that he will have more of a say in transfers, from what I've read,maybe even HJ will take more of a back seat, although I'm not holding my breath end on that one.
Will he succeed I hope so, and if he does well in his first year,maybe he'll even stick around, we need stability for at least a couple of years.
I'm not going to get over exited, because we've been here before, so for now, it's good luck Graham Potter, make it work.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024