Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At What Point..... 23:29 - Feb 23 with 23376 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Do you think our club will stop hating its fans?

I cant think of many other clubs that would have given the manager so little stick after such a garbage league campaign.

The sacked in the morning rant.

Cant be arsed opening late or Saturday to allow fans to buy tickets.

Most expensive coach prices in the town to go to Wembley.

The new club catch phrase 'Don't come back'.

This isn't a moan, I am genuinely interest in the current marketing strategy of the club?

Is home fan revenue so insignificant now that its to much trouble to bother?

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

At What Point..... on 15:29 - Feb 24 with 2956 viewsLaveritty

At What Point..... on 15:09 - Feb 24 by CamdenDale

Just one more point about KH. I find plenty he says objectionable too. Not interviewed too often 5 mins after I finish work myself - I'd say allsorts. Leave the guy alone for a bit, we could be bottom of league one with lots of other 'managers'. He has something.

Re 'being interviewed 5 mins after finishing work' - It's not the first time we've been in this situation though. It has been said many times on here that maybe he would do better to delay speaking to the media rather than 'shooting from the hip' whilst still annoyed and frustrated? Take a bit of time to calm down and think rationally before exposing your inner thoughts!

Also I feel I need to stress that despite my criticism I do believe he is absolutely the right man for the job and if we do end up getting relegated I can't think of anybody better suited to bring us back up again!.

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

At What Point..... on 15:31 - Feb 24 with 2948 viewsCamdenDale

At What Point..... on 15:14 - Feb 24 by rochdaleriddler

Eh

Nevermind mate. As you were...
At What Point..... on 15:39 - Feb 24 with 2929 viewsLaveritty

At What Point..... on 15:21 - Feb 24 by CamdenDale

Hang on mate, I bet you're an absolute knobhead of a person sometimes. I know I am. Thing to learn is, from League 2 relegation candidates on a ground owned by the council, this knobhead has given us players to admire, two promotions, a ground our own, recently good cup runs and so on. Most 'managers', in all sectors, not just football, have no effing idea about anything. We go down, we stick with Keith.

What are you - his brother or his agent?

And re your last line - I do actually agree (which you will see in my last post which I was writing at the time that yours came through)

With regards to being a Knobhead - not me! Never!

At What Point..... on 15:49 - Feb 24 with 2902 viewsfirgrovedale51

At What Point..... on 13:43 - Feb 24 by CamdenDale

Righteous. FFS - if you can't actually think of anything to say, just wanna wipe your dirty face in, then yuppy do.

That`s a tad bitchy is it wrong time of the month
At What Point..... on 15:51 - Feb 24 with 2898 viewsCamdenDale

At What Point..... on 15:39 - Feb 24 by Laveritty

What are you - his brother or his agent?

And re your last line - I do actually agree (which you will see in my last post which I was writing at the time that yours came through)

With regards to being a Knobhead - not me! Never!

I bet you're a knobhead about three times a day. That's the national average and I'm not easing you out of the mix without actual evidence.

Look, we're going down and that is not easy. What was the question again>
At What Point..... on 15:53 - Feb 24 with 2885 viewsCamdenDale

At What Point..... on 15:49 - Feb 24 by firgrovedale51

That`s a tad bitchy is it wrong time of the month

I've copied and pasted your line and will present it in Geneva next month. Thanks.
At What Point..... on 15:58 - Feb 24 with 2863 viewsLaveritty

At What Point..... on 15:51 - Feb 24 by CamdenDale

I bet you're a knobhead about three times a day. That's the national average and I'm not easing you out of the mix without actual evidence.

Look, we're going down and that is not easy. What was the question again>

Can't remember the question but the answer is always 'It's just a game - the whole thing is just for fun and good times'

At What Point..... on 16:08 - Feb 24 with 2829 viewsCamdenDale

At What Point..... on 15:58 - Feb 24 by Laveritty

Can't remember the question but the answer is always 'It's just a game - the whole thing is just for fun and good times'

Toush! And yes, it is, just a game. I for instance am following the match but thinking about Marcus Aurelius, marking papers and fending a dog off.
Login to get fewer ads

At What Point..... on 16:56 - Feb 24 with 2761 viewsKenBoon

A few seasons ago on Matey FM, someone from the club said they operate with a 0 fans business plan. That being the club can survive if nobody comes to watch. It's quite astonishing that any business that sells tickets would take that approach, but clearly a decision was made that a successful future was best served by making money on selling players, than actually attracting a regular support. With reduced season ticket prices I hoped that approach had changed, but I am not so sure.
At What Point..... on 17:01 - Feb 24 with 2745 viewsLaveritty

At What Point..... on 16:08 - Feb 24 by CamdenDale

Toush! And yes, it is, just a game. I for instance am following the match but thinking about Marcus Aurelius, marking papers and fending a dog off.

Marcus Aurelius - don't remember him - was he one of the Brazilians who went to Middlesboro with Juninho?

At What Point..... on 17:32 - Feb 24 with 2683 viewsAtThePeake

As a kid my Grandad took me to many local grounds. Bury, Man Utd, Man City, Oldham and Rochdale. I can't explain why but Spotland felt like home right from the first game we went to against Swansea in 1999. Despite him being a Bury fan I would drag him down to Dale at every possible opportunity thereafter.

Those nostalgic memories posted by SouthEalingDale sounded very familiar to me, albeit from a different era.

Now? Now I see directors flicking the Vs at supporters, I see directors telling fans to 'not bother coming back if they don't like it' along with the manager. I see loyal supporters repeatedly ignored or treated terribly by a club that no longer feels like home to me. A game like today would've filled me with excitement a few years ago. I didn't bother going today. I've become so disillusioned with RAFC.

Sure, Hilly has given us some great times on the pitch. But off the pitch the club frustrates me beyond belief at the moment. And if we supported a team solely for great times on the pitch then none of us would've lasted very long as Dale fans. The benefits of supporting a club like Dale in my opinion came from the sense of belonging and togetherness that come with supporting a smaller, community club. To me, that's totally vanished over the last year or so.

Most of you will know from my posts on here that I also follow Tottenham. I genuinely feel more valued as a supporter of a huge Premier League club 200 miles away with millions of fans all over the world than I do as a Rochdale fan, that's the state of it at the moment.

And the thing is - I'm not even asking to be 'valued' as a fan particularly. We shouldn't be treated as anything more than football fans and customers of the football club. I'm just asking not to be told to 'not bother coming' when it's my money going towards paying the wages of the people saying these things.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 17:42]

Tangled up in blue.

At What Point..... on 17:39 - Feb 24 with 2649 viewsSuddenLad

At What Point..... on 17:32 - Feb 24 by AtThePeake

As a kid my Grandad took me to many local grounds. Bury, Man Utd, Man City, Oldham and Rochdale. I can't explain why but Spotland felt like home right from the first game we went to against Swansea in 1999. Despite him being a Bury fan I would drag him down to Dale at every possible opportunity thereafter.

Those nostalgic memories posted by SouthEalingDale sounded very familiar to me, albeit from a different era.

Now? Now I see directors flicking the Vs at supporters, I see directors telling fans to 'not bother coming back if they don't like it' along with the manager. I see loyal supporters repeatedly ignored or treated terribly by a club that no longer feels like home to me. A game like today would've filled me with excitement a few years ago. I didn't bother going today. I've become so disillusioned with RAFC.

Sure, Hilly has given us some great times on the pitch. But off the pitch the club frustrates me beyond belief at the moment. And if we supported a team solely for great times on the pitch then none of us would've lasted very long as Dale fans. The benefits of supporting a club like Dale in my opinion came from the sense of belonging and togetherness that come with supporting a smaller, community club. To me, that's totally vanished over the last year or so.

Most of you will know from my posts on here that I also follow Tottenham. I genuinely feel more valued as a supporter of a huge Premier League club 200 miles away with millions of fans all over the world than I do as a Rochdale fan, that's the state of it at the moment.

And the thing is - I'm not even asking to be 'valued' as a fan particularly. We shouldn't be treated as anything more than football fans and customers of the football club. I'm just asking not to be told to 'not bother coming' when it's my money going towards paying the wages of the people saying these things.

Good luck on Wednesday 😉

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

At What Point..... on 17:44 - Feb 24 with 2626 viewsrochdale_ranger

At What Point..... on 16:08 - Feb 24 by CamdenDale

Well in keeping with the Marcus Aurelius theme why Don't you keep your grid shut and stop talking pseudo intelligent shite and practice a bit a Stoicism.
At What Point..... on 18:16 - Feb 24 with 2548 viewsdalenumber2

I don't think they hate us. It's just a badly managed business where marketing and 'customer' relations are not prioritised or even properly thought about. Chris Dunphy is a lovely, well-meaning sort of guy however he has a naughty child on his hands in Hill who he can't control. The directors are also well-meaning yet are detached from the fans and are not hearing what we are saying.
As for Hill, he is undoubtedly the best manager we have but also arrogant and self-centred and, I feel, pretty insecure as a person. I think this because he rants and rages far too much for his own health, is over-sensitive and far too defensive - often in a rather unpleasant manner.
There are individuals at the club who are excellent - like the staff in the ticket office and the shop. Let's not forget them. However, even though I acknowledge that the club is run on a shoestring, the overall vibe that comes out of it is not a positive one for us fans who are literally supporting the club and deserve a little more respect.
At What Point..... on 18:21 - Feb 24 with 2531 viewskiwidale

At What Point..... on 17:44 - Feb 24 by rochdale_ranger

Well in keeping with the Marcus Aurelius theme why Don't you keep your grid shut and stop talking pseudo intelligent shite and practice a bit a Stoicism.

to be fair R R that's a great riposte.

This is not the time for bickering.

At What Point..... on 20:20 - Feb 24 with 2345 viewsrochdale_ranger

At What Point..... on 18:21 - Feb 24 by kiwidale

to be fair R R that's a great riposte.

There is a million on here who will reason you right out of your socks Dalien and Norden blue being two of them but like I said we must not get carried away.
At What Point..... on 21:03 - Feb 24 with 2278 viewsJimmyRustler

I think the large majority of people do care, they're just naive/thick as pigshit.

With regards to Keith Hill - good manager who is a superb fit for our club. However, I can only judge someone on how they treat me and as a paying fan of Rochdale A.F.C, he treats me like a c*nt most of the time. Possibly the most difficult love/hate relationship I'll ever be in!
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 21:07]
At What Point..... on 21:08 - Feb 24 with 2255 viewsrochdaleriddler

At What Point..... on 15:31 - Feb 24 by CamdenDale

Nevermind mate. As you were...

You ain't my mate, fexk off

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

At What Point..... on 22:44 - Feb 24 with 2153 viewsNewbury_Dale

If I'd signed Reece Brown, Jordan Williams and extended the contract of Jim McNulty by another year in the past six months, I'd be a bit more humble than Keith Hill !
At What Point..... on 23:07 - Feb 24 with 2097 viewsCamdenDale

At What Point..... on 17:44 - Feb 24 by rochdale_ranger

It's stoicism I'm advocating - the mid to long term view. We're two managers away from non-league.
At What Point..... on 23:19 - Feb 24 with 2082 viewsCamdenDale

At What Point..... on 17:32 - Feb 24 by AtThePeake

Sorry you feel that way ATP. To my mind though, I just don't get it. I think that people are projecting all their frustrations with everything on the club. It's circular thinking and damaging and hurts everyone.

If you don't like it, man up and do something. Join the board.
At What Point..... on 23:39 - Feb 24 with 2059 viewsCamdenDale

Lots of smart people on here, unusually so. The town in microcosm. Everyone knows everything. The poor football club needs you. 'Ask not what the club can do for you etc etc etc...'
At What Point..... on 23:52 - Feb 24 with 2033 viewsCamdenDale

Very very last one I promise. (I vex for effect and apols for that.)

You are men (and women), not mice. You don't have to accept anything.
At What Point..... on 07:04 - Feb 25 with 1858 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

At What Point..... on 23:07 - Feb 24 by CamdenDale

It's stoicism I'm advocating - the mid to long term view. We're two managers away from non-league.

We`ve always been two managers away from non-league. The problem is, if we become non-league with no fans, we won`t be able to survive.
At What Point..... on 07:59 - Feb 25 with 1826 viewsThe_Knightowl

At What Point..... on 07:04 - Feb 25 by RooleyMoorBlue

We`ve always been two managers away from non-league. The problem is, if we become non-league with no fans, we won`t be able to survive.

There in lies the biggest fear, there have been bigger clubs with bigger fan bases drop out of the league struggle to survive. I wonder if the status quo stays as it is there will be a chuckling gloating bald man in Accrington.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024