Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fairwood Airport and team travel 11:33 - Dec 1 with 9944 viewsjacabertawe

Team travel by bus to Stoke because:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/swansea-city-training-somewhere-very

Anyone know what the practical/operational reasons are that chartered planes cannot use Fairwood? It seems daft that the team has to travel from Cardiff.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Fairwood Airport and team travel on 19:11 - Dec 1 with 3726 viewsowainglyndwr

I believe the owner of Swansea airport lives in London a few years back he shut down night landing lights due to the fee.
Correct me if this is wrong.
Also Amazon and Tata should commercial interest in using the airport but the owner was the dead against it
Fairwood Airport and team travel on 19:14 - Dec 1 with 3716 viewsKinsey

Fairwood Airport and team travel on 19:11 - Dec 1 by owainglyndwr

I believe the owner of Swansea airport lives in London a few years back he shut down night landing lights due to the fee.
Correct me if this is wrong.
Also Amazon and Tata should commercial interest in using the airport but the owner was the dead against it

Almost correct there.

You’re talking about Roy Thomas. Lovely guy actually but a bit a recluse. Howard Hughes toy guy. Owned most of swansea. The runway is dire. Roy owned air wales and when they upgraded to the ATR 72 from the 42, that was the end of it.
Fairwood Airport and team travel on 19:14 - Dec 1 with 3713 viewsMrSwerve

Swansea airport is pretty useless for anything other than GA aircraft. Shame.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Fairwood Airport and team travel on 19:16 - Dec 1 with 3711 viewsDarran

Fairwood Airport and team travel on 15:45 - Dec 1 by Swanzay

As Kingsley says runway in poor condition and simply not long enough for small aircraft of sufficient size.
Didn't MM purchase FA a couple of years back with a view to putting a hotel there and increasing the runway, so away team could utilise as well?

Who the fuçk is Kingsley?

Thick twát.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Fairwood Airport and team travel on 19:57 - Dec 1 with 3665 viewsjack2jack

The main runway is shot,has been for years!
As for the others they are even worse.
Fairwood Airport and team travel on 21:37 - Dec 1 with 3602 viewsairedale

I bet Kinsey could drive a Dakota on and off it no problemo.

Big Swans logo on the tail too.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2017 21:37]
Fairwood Airport and team travel on 22:08 - Dec 1 with 3565 viewsdickythorpe

Air wales flights to Dublin from fair wood were a joke!!! Nearly always ended up being bussed to Cardiff
Fairwood Airport and team travel on 22:15 - Dec 1 with 3550 viewsLeonWasGod

It don't take an a hour and three quarters to get to Cardiff airport though. Unless he drives like his football.
Login to get fewer ads

Fairwood Airport and team travel on 22:44 - Dec 1 with 3516 viewsswan65split

Fairwood Airport and team travel on 11:39 - Dec 1 by Darran

I’m quite surprised they travelled back from London after Wednesday night.

Its a long way Dar, a good 6 hours last time I was there 2 yrs ago, with P**S stops, and a lot of work being done on the road , long stretches of 50 mph with AV cameras
Fairwood Airport and team travel on 23:16 - Dec 1 with 3492 viewsjackportis

Did someone say they train in the beginning of this thread... really?! .Train doing what exactly?

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Fairwood Airport and team travel on 23:55 - Dec 1 with 3470 viewsairedale

Fairwood Airport and team travel on 23:16 - Dec 1 by jackportis

Did someone say they train in the beginning of this thread... really?! .Train doing what exactly?

Someone said earlier that they do 1st class training.
Fairwood Airport and team travel on 00:17 - Dec 2 with 3449 viewsjackportis

Fairwood Airport and team travel on 23:55 - Dec 1 by airedale

Someone said earlier that they do 1st class training.

Fabiansli practices retrieving the ball from back of net during his training.... hardly 1st class.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Fairwood Airport and team travel on 14:47 - Dec 2 with 3320 viewsSmellyplumz

Surely they could get a cheap transit van off budget vans?

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Fairwood Airport and team travel on 14:51 - Dec 2 with 3315 viewsairedale

Fairwood Airport and team travel on 14:47 - Dec 2 by Smellyplumz

Surely they could get a cheap transit van off budget vans?

Yeah, and if they could get a house removal job up there, then the team would have somewhere to sit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024