Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. 20:19 - Jul 5 with 11600 viewsJackBishop

I was in Cardiff today at a conference and had to sit with a bunch of local noises. The conversation was about Cardiff and how the lack of a club in the Prem was hampering raising the profile of the city. They were listing the advantages they had over the Swans of a bigger ground, larger fan base and a more populous hinterland. Plus Cardiff is the capital city and is more prosperous and a bigger economic hub.
Eventually I was asked where I was from and I was able to say the home of the only Premier club in Wales and I have a season ticket. I was described as lucky and my parentage doubted. They are really not happy with the situation!!
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 10:54 - Jul 6 with 2230 viewsLoyal

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 10:48 - Jul 6 by Uppa_Swans

I really don't think Cardiff's fan base is as good as they make out tbh. They don't have a massive following in the actual city of Cardiff which I've always found strange. Most of Cardiff's hardcore support comes from Merthyr, the Rhondda and Bridgend town. Coupled with the few headers they've got in PT, this makes their support look greater/further reaching than it really is. For a city with over 100,000 more inhabitants than Wales' second city, why is their average gate about 14-15k?

Our support is rock solid within Swansea. We've still got 60-70% of NPT and a smattering of support elsewhere - Llanelli, Aberdare etc. When you add it all up there's probably not much difference. With the Swansea Bay City regional development I suspect our following will only increase.

Merthyr can hardly brag a large Cardiff support, the jacks are everywhere, it's a fact.
The valleys are swamped with black and white with a generation of young people loving the success. Bridgend likewise boasts a massive swans support. It's already been covered in another thread the huge amount of support in llantwit and Barry area, Chepstow too. It must feel like Custers last stand, totally surrounded and getting smaller.

On the contrary, west Wales is ours. It's done, it's over, goodnight !
[Post edited 6 Jul 2017 10:55]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 11:10 - Jul 6 with 2214 viewsUppa_Swans

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 10:54 - Jul 6 by Loyal

Merthyr can hardly brag a large Cardiff support, the jacks are everywhere, it's a fact.
The valleys are swamped with black and white with a generation of young people loving the success. Bridgend likewise boasts a massive swans support. It's already been covered in another thread the huge amount of support in llantwit and Barry area, Chepstow too. It must feel like Custers last stand, totally surrounded and getting smaller.

A lot of CCFC fans in Merthyr just prefer to watch Merthyr Town these days. As for Swans support in the Vale, that's news to me but great stuff if it's there.
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 11:53 - Jul 6 with 2161 viewsaberhugh

I am a Jack who has lived in Aberystwyth for over 40 years. I taught for 35 years in the local comprehensive school and the kids supported Man Utd, Liverpool and in the first decade of the millennium I saw Chelsea and Arsenal getting interest. I of course suffered lots of ribbing as to why I went down to Swansea to see them, this also applied to my children who are season ticket holders.
When I finished teaching kids would want to talk about the match I had been to at the weekend, plus some of them were also now going to the games. There are now Swans teams playing in the local youngsters leagues and the Swans shirt is the most popular in the area.
I never thought I would see the Swans in the top flight again after Toshack. I could never understand the line it would be great to go back to the Championship. Our Premier League status is very precious and much envied.
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 15:54 - Jul 6 with 2039 viewsWantagejack

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 10:54 - Jul 6 by Loyal

Having recently moved to Chepstow from Oxfordshire, there are plenty of Jacks in my local (excellent Queen 's Head Micropub) and only one or two admitting to supporting Cardiff.
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 16:09 - Jul 6 with 2006 viewsFireboy2

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 15:54 - Jul 6 by Wantagejack

Having recently moved to Chepstow from Oxfordshire, there are plenty of Jacks in my local (excellent Queen 's Head Micropub) and only one or two admitting to supporting Cardiff.

Well would you admit to being a scummer
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 16:26 - Jul 6 with 1971 viewslifelong

I was down in Blackpill yesterday with my Grandson, I felt very proud and happy to be living in such a beautiful part of the world.
Cardiff, for all it's shops, and other things, comes nowhere near it.
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 16:34 - Jul 6 with 1946 viewsWantagejack

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 16:09 - Jul 6 by Fireboy2

Well would you admit to being a scummer

Well, in Gibraltar recently and wearing Swans shirt. A guy came up and said he was glad we stayed up - he was a Cardiff supporter.
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 16:36 - Jul 6 with 1945 viewsmonmouth

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 16:26 - Jul 6 by lifelong

I was down in Blackpill yesterday with my Grandson, I felt very proud and happy to be living in such a beautiful part of the world.

Couldn't agree more with that. Also went to Southwold the other day was told it was a lovely seaside village. My thought was "what, call that a beach?" The only reason I don't want to move back to (the) Gower, is the bloody mumbles road.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 17:31 - Jul 6 with 1863 viewsGeoffThom

All very interesting to read ,but from someone who hates that lot with a passion ,I have to say that catchment wise they do have it over us at present ,and yes it is all valleys based as Cardiff population is transient,they will move all over the place for the money !
What I will say is ,give us a full ten years in the prem without them getting there and you will kill them off as a force ,a seven year old now only knows about us in the prem after ten years all Welsh ten year olds will only know the one Welsh prem team and will follow that team first ,you have a full generation for years ,win the fa cup and you could go global 😎😎😎
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 17:56 - Jul 6 with 1828 viewspencoedjack

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 17:31 - Jul 6 by GeoffThom

All very interesting to read ,but from someone who hates that lot with a passion ,I have to say that catchment wise they do have it over us at present ,and yes it is all valleys based as Cardiff population is transient,they will move all over the place for the money !
What I will say is ,give us a full ten years in the prem without them getting there and you will kill them off as a force ,a seven year old now only knows about us in the prem after ten years all Welsh ten year olds will only know the one Welsh prem team and will follow that team first ,you have a full generation for years ,win the fa cup and you could go global 😎😎😎

Bridgend is turning white fair few Jacks in Maesteg valley .... as you say it's only a matter of time

Need to expand stadium to ensure we exploit the situation
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 17:58 - Jul 6 with 1824 viewsunion_jack

What gets me wound up is seeing kids in Swansea who are locals wearing Liverpool, Man Utd or even Barcelona / Real Madrid shirts.'

There's a PL side in your hometown. Wear that shirt!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 18:01 - Jul 6 with 1816 viewstaffpunk

TBF mostly interesting comments. I remember reading the excellent Jackmail fanzine back in the day, your crowds were a fair bit less than ours at the time, the Editor didn't care, as he was proud that your support came mostly from Swansea, and he didn't really want people from the Valleys and elsewhere supporting yourselves.

Though it certainly doesn't drive myself or anyone I know 'bonkers' it isn't surprising how times have changed, success is sadly everything in today's world.

IMO you should support your nearest Professional football League team, obviously you now have people who don't agree following yourselves, I blame the parents.
Sadly due to the lack of expansion they'll never get to see an actual game.
Your Premiership 'plastics' will soon go back to 'supporting' Liverpool and Man U.
Good luck next season, I hope you lose every game

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 18:05 - Jul 6 with 1803 viewstaffpunk

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 17:56 - Jul 6 by pencoedjack

Bridgend is turning white fair few Jacks in Maesteg valley .... as you say it's only a matter of time

Need to expand stadium to ensure we exploit the situation

Really, I worked in Bridgend today, Cardiff everywhere, even in the crap new Kit!
You missed the trick with the stadium, there were people even in the Rhondda who were behind you a few seasons ago. Once they realized they couldn't actually go and watch you, they're back to their first love-Man U/Liverpool-lol!

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 18:10 - Jul 6 with 1790 viewspencoedjack

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 18:01 - Jul 6 by taffpunk

TBF mostly interesting comments. I remember reading the excellent Jackmail fanzine back in the day, your crowds were a fair bit less than ours at the time, the Editor didn't care, as he was proud that your support came mostly from Swansea, and he didn't really want people from the Valleys and elsewhere supporting yourselves.

Though it certainly doesn't drive myself or anyone I know 'bonkers' it isn't surprising how times have changed, success is sadly everything in today's world.

IMO you should support your nearest Professional football League team, obviously you now have people who don't agree following yourselves, I blame the parents.
Your Premiership 'plastics' will soon go back to 'supporting' Liverpool and Man U.

'IMO you should support your nearest Professional football League team'

Id rather stick my cock in a wasps nest on a Saturday afternoon
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 18:20 - Jul 6 with 1770 viewstaffpunk

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 18:10 - Jul 6 by pencoedjack

'IMO you should support your nearest Professional football League team'

Id rather stick my cock in a wasps nest on a Saturday afternoon

Whatever turns you on Pencoed Plastic, been working in your town as well this week. Off topic, it's got a really small shopping centre for the size of the place hasn't it, never mind easy enough to pop on the train to the big City for your treats!

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 18:25 - Jul 6 with 1754 viewsLoyal

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 17:31 - Jul 6 by GeoffThom

Geoff, they have nothing over us. 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 18:26 - Jul 6 with 1749 viewsLoyal

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 18:01 - Jul 6 by taffpunk

One of the best posters on here.
Regardless.

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 18:33 - Jul 6 with 1731 viewspencoedjack

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 18:20 - Jul 6 by taffpunk

Whatever turns you on Pencoed Plastic, been working in your town as well this week. Off topic, it's got a really small shopping centre for the size of the place hasn't it, never mind easy enough to pop on the train to the big City for your treats!

Plastic

Indeed nice direct train to the beautiful city of Swansea for all my weekend treats and PL football.
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 18:39 - Jul 6 with 1708 viewstaffpunk

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 18:33 - Jul 6 by pencoedjack

Plastic

Indeed nice direct train to the beautiful city of Swansea for all my weekend treats and PL football.

All good fun. Genuinely though Pencoed shopping centre is tiny for the size of the place!
All the new builds I guess made in recent years, and nowhere to expand the main drag?

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 18:39 - Jul 6 with 1703 viewsgolly47

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 16:26 - Jul 6 by lifelong

This.^^

Poll: What was worse?

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 18:45 - Jul 6 with 1682 viewsGowerjack

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 23:48 - Jul 5 by monmouth

I never understand why anyone conflates Cardiff, the City, with Cardiff City, the shitty. The former is a fine place to visit, eat, drink and shop in. The second is an irretrievable losing laughing-stock heap of the worst foul toley in the history of football, bar milwall. And that last point is arguable.

For my sins I'm working in Cardiff at present.

I find it a soulless and tacky.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 19:06 - Jul 6 with 1619 viewspencoedjack

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 18:39 - Jul 6 by taffpunk

All good fun. Genuinely though Pencoed shopping centre is tiny for the size of the place!
All the new builds I guess made in recent years, and nowhere to expand the main drag?

They were not supposed to build any news houses until they either sorted the level crossing or built a new exit off the M4 on the hill coming down from Sarn

But money talks I guess ....

You are right for the size of the town not many shops

Live just outside Pencoed these days so I guess you are kinda right about being plastic ... not the Jack part though
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 19:31 - Jul 6 with 1549 viewsplasjack

The key word for Cardiff City FC is potential, has been since Sam Hamman.
But how long do their fans wait for such potential, certainly not his season, unless their CF Zohore comes good.
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 19:42 - Jul 6 with 1521 viewsmonmouth

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 19:31 - Jul 6 by plasjack

The key word for Cardiff City FC is potential, has been since Sam Hamman.
But how long do their fans wait for such potential, certainly not his season, unless their CF Zohore comes good.

It has been since 1927 mate.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 20:00 - Jul 6 with 1472 viewsplasjack

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 19:42 - Jul 6 by monmouth

It has been since 1927 mate.

Nearly a century of delusion, but the potential will take another one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024