Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread - Oldham 14:21 - Oct 29 with 10428 viewsboromat

Take a look at @philkinsella's Tweet:

No Hendo in the squad. I know it's early but very quiet in the ground at the minute.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2016 14:22]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread - Oldham on 19:59 - Oct 29 with 3015 viewsroccydaleian

Match Thread - Oldham on 19:27 - Oct 29 by rochedale

Credits to Oldham fans, their support was awesome. #boris

Match Thread - Oldham on 20:09 - Oct 29 with 2944 viewsrich_dale

Calvin, KK and Cannon the standouts today although was a tight team performance with no weak links. Keane reminds me of Stanton - small for a CH for quick and always mopping up. His anticipation and speed of mind is amazing.
Match Thread - Oldham on 20:13 - Oct 29 with 2922 viewsDaley_Lama

Match Thread - Oldham on 19:33 - Oct 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

Yes.....totally agree.

The block nearest the Pearl Street never gave up and really enhanced the game...much better vocal support than the gigglers.

Really enjoyed the game.Oldham were no mugs but we handled the pressure well and we should have bagged more than the one..........on to the Cup now!

A totally different style of support.

Yes, there was the odd unsavoury song about totally non football matters, but in the whole their support was for their own team rather than the radid dog mouth frothingly obnoxious lot from lower gigg.

I doubt we will see videos of complete tw*ttery beneath the stands, foolies getting thrown out every 5 minutes and a general nastiness pervading throughout.

Poll: DF in or out

Match Thread - Oldham on 20:21 - Oct 29 with 2869 viewsDale27

Am I alone in thinking that Rafferty was our best player? Him and Keane were very good today, and special mention to Calvin and Davies for 2 proper footballing shifts, working tirelessly all game
Match Thread - Oldham on 20:26 - Oct 29 with 2829 viewsDaley_Lama

When we wina game 1-0, there is usually a case for most players being man of the match as such games are #teamrochdale

When we lose however it is obviously Joey T's fault.

Match Thread - Oldham on 20:29 - Oct 29 with 2812 viewsClivert

Match Thread - Oldham on 20:13 - Oct 29 by Daley_Lama

A totally different style of support.

Yes, there was the odd unsavoury song about totally non football matters, but in the whole their support was for their own team rather than the radid dog mouth frothingly obnoxious lot from lower gigg.

I doubt we will see videos of complete tw*ttery beneath the stands, foolies getting thrown out every 5 minutes and a general nastiness pervading throughout.

I've never seen a opposition support celebrate a shot high and one wide like they did today! Great
support though. #usedtobepremierleaguedontyerknow #beatenbyyourlittlebrother.
Match Thread - Oldham on 20:42 - Oct 29 with 2718 viewsanimal8

Why was our noise from the tds ,so quiet today .I love to join in but today never really got going until the last 5 minutes .
Match Thread - Oldham on 20:46 - Oct 29 with 2688 viewsjustanillusion

Agree great vocal support from Latics fans today but early on in first half they sang the chant "we hate Man United", surely they dont have any beef with united in the current era, are they stuck in 1994?
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread - Oldham on 20:46 - Oct 29 with 2688 viewsDaley_Lama

Match Thread - Oldham on 20:42 - Oct 29 by animal8

Why was our noise from the tds ,so quiet today .I love to join in but today never really got going until the last 5 minutes .

Out sung, simple as.

Match Thread - Oldham on 20:52 - Oct 29 with 2636 viewsClivert

Match Thread - Oldham on 20:42 - Oct 29 by animal8

They 'only hate Man Utd' as they sang.

#weonlyhatebarcelona
Match Thread - Oldham on 20:56 - Oct 29 with 2611 viewsmikehunt

He he! At least I get the Boris chant now. Very good ☺

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match Thread - Oldham on 20:57 - Oct 29 with 2596 viewsrochedale

Match Thread - Oldham on 19:59 - Oct 29 by roccydaleian

Funny as, just been sent that by a Bolton fan mate. Great banter. They were even in decent spirits walking down wilbutts. Credit where due. Glad we can only praise their vocal abilities.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Match Thread - Oldham on 21:15 - Oct 29 with 2487 viewsBigKindo

Match Thread - Oldham on 19:55 - Oct 29 by BartRowou

Bog. Didn't see any of that. The COA isn't a happy hunting ground for him but he's probably slightly better than Canavan (who had a good game today) and the reason why Oldham don't concede as many as they might. I'd also back him for his leadership skills as we are a very young side.

Player of the year at Bury last season? Bury revamp their squad in Summer and get rid of some players who didn't fit into the club ethos? Perhaps a broken toy?
Match Thread - Oldham on 21:56 - Oct 29 with 2341 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread - Oldham on 20:57 - Oct 29 by rochedale

Funny as, just been sent that by a Bolton fan mate. Great banter. They were even in decent spirits walking down wilbutts. Credit where due. Glad we can only praise their vocal abilities.

It was very edgy when I walked out the ground back to the car,near the corner where the church was could have easily have gone tits up,full of bell end Oldham fans looking for a scrap surrounded by loads of police!!!
Cracking derby which I thought we thoroughly deserved to win.

Hendo was in the lounge with his doris at halftime so not sure what he's out with...
Match Thread - Oldham on 22:07 - Oct 29 with 2289 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread - Oldham on 21:56 - Oct 29 by nordenblue

It was very edgy when I walked out the ground back to the car,near the corner where the church was could have easily have gone tits up,full of bell end Oldham fans looking for a scrap surrounded by loads of police!!!

Hendo was in the lounge with his doris at halftime so not sure what he's out with...

Did you get your ticket sorted easily enough?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread - Oldham on 23:34 - Oct 29 with 1945 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread - Oldham on 22:07 - Oct 29 by D_Alien

Did you get your ticket sorted easily enough?

Yes cheers,the lad I went with was off work yesterday so he went up to collect them,there was a fair old queue at the ticket office tbf when we went in and up through the main stand to the lounge though....
Match Thread - Oldham on 23:41 - Oct 29 with 1903 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread - Oldham on 23:34 - Oct 29 by nordenblue

Yes cheers,the lad I went with was off work yesterday so he went up to collect them,there was a fair old queue at the ticket office tbf when we went in and up through the main stand to the lounge though....

Time to lounge about before the game...

Glad you, Dalei and the other 3200 Daleys made it. These are the games we've spent decades thinking we'd never see. The COA can be a vibrant place on days like this.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread - Oldham on 23:53 - Oct 29 with 1863 viewsmacro

Match Thread - Oldham on 19:46 - Oct 29 by BigKindo

Bert. Did you see him come to the dugout after he had to come off after receiving treatment on the pitch towards the end of the second half? He really spat out his dummy and threw his toys out of the pram. He had a tantrum and his language directed at Latic's management would have made an Anglo-Saxon blush. When he left the pitch after the final whistle he was extremely angry. Is Latics not a happy camp?

He wasn't happy because he thought he'd been elbowed and the ref missed it.
Match Thread - Oldham on 00:09 - Oct 30 with 1840 viewsrochedale

Match Thread - Oldham on 21:56 - Oct 29 by nordenblue

Thought the police presence was suffice and kept any idiots from acting daft. It was a derby where the away team lost so you could easily envisage a little aggro. Like I say, I didn't see any and the Oldham fans appeared to be in acceptance that they were beaten by the better team.
Great result, without being a great performance. Just need to keep that determination to keep a clean sheet.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Match Thread - Oldham on 01:23 - Oct 30 with 1762 viewsmikehunt

That was a tough old game. We did really well to hold out. Another goal would have eased any worries, as a single goal is never enough and we created plenty of good opportunities to put the game to bed
And don't forget they had a penalty claim and the ball in the net in a single passage of play during the first half. Fortunately, the offside flag had been raised first. That was a close call.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match Thread - Oldham on 07:45 - Oct 30 with 1598 viewsShawLatic

Didn't go yesterday as the missus is ill with meningitis.

We really are up shit creek, signing 12-15 players on an absolute shoestring and appointing a manager in the middle of July is no basis for success. We are also struggling to score goals which is obviously a massive issue we haven't scored in 10 of our 16 games this season.

Crowds are down, our following yesterday was pretty poor and the fact all we had to sing about was a steward that looked like bloody Boris Johnson sums it all up. It'll be an absolute miracle if we stay up... again.

Well done on the win.
Match Thread - Oldham on 08:05 - Oct 30 with 1546 views1907

Match Thread - Oldham on 07:45 - Oct 30 by ShawLatic

Didn't go yesterday as the missus is ill with meningitis.

We really are up shit creek, signing 12-15 players on an absolute shoestring and appointing a manager in the middle of July is no basis for success. We are also struggling to score goals which is obviously a massive issue we haven't scored in 10 of our 16 games this season.

Crowds are down, our following yesterday was pretty poor and the fact all we had to sing about was a steward that looked like bloody Boris Johnson sums it all up. It'll be an absolute miracle if we stay up... again.

Well done on the win.

I think most on here would join me in wishing your missus a speedy recovery.

I thought Oldham were quite a solid unit. Fane in midfield was very busy and Clarke had a solid game. Your keeper pulled off a couple of impressive saves also. The quality of the balls from your overlapping fullbacks left a lot to be desired and Erwin is nowhere near good enough for this standard from what I saw yesterday. I think you'll hang on until January and then pull a rabbit out of a hat signing like you have done previously that will guide you to safety, just.

A professional performance in a difficult game from our lads yesterday. The back four were superb. Camps is improving in the deeper role too. Andrew and Davies were tireless and brilliant. Mendez drifted in and out and still looks a couple of weeks away from his best. What an outlet he is though. Rathbone made a really positive impact when he came on, he seems to be improving with every passing game.

Donal really isn't getting a sniff at the minute, something has definitely gone on behind the scenes here.
Match Thread - Oldham on 08:28 - Oct 30 with 1490 viewsisitme

In my opinion Donal has not been that good this season. Mendez-Laing and Andrew deserve to be starting ahead of him. I am sure that his time will come again.
Match Thread - Oldham on 08:38 - Oct 30 with 1458 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread - Oldham on 08:05 - Oct 30 by 1907

I thought Oldham were quite a solid unit. Fane in midfield was very busy and Clarke had a solid game. Your keeper pulled off a couple of impressive saves also. The quality of the balls from your overlapping fullbacks left a lot to be desired and Erwin is nowhere near good enough for this standard from what I saw yesterday. I think you'll hang on until January and then pull a rabbit out of a hat signing like you have done previously that will guide you to safety, just.

A professional performance in a difficult game from our lads yesterday. The back four were superb. Camps is improving in the deeper role too. Andrew and Davies were tireless and brilliant. Mendez drifted in and out and still looks a couple of weeks away from his best. What an outlet he is though. Rathbone made a really positive impact when he came on, he seems to be improving with every passing game.

Donal really isn't getting a sniff at the minute, something has definitely gone on behind the scenes here.

Funny how we all see things differently,I thought Erwin for them was a real handful and looked decent and caused no end of problems,i also thought Camps let the game pass him in the main till towards the end.
Lund did a massive amount of work and special mention to Raff who was solid all game with Keane and Davies who were all superb and unbelievable work rate from everyone,it's become boring how much of a lift Calvin gives to the whole team a mountain of an outlet.
Match Thread - Oldham on 08:53 - Oct 30 with 1413 viewsR17ALE

Match Thread - Oldham on 08:05 - Oct 30 by 1907

Agree with NB about big Calvin. He's becoming an integral part of the team in so many ways. It's great to see.

But, about 1907's point on Donal, I also agree. If you believe the terrace whispers, which I do, he has refused the contract extension we offered him, demanding a pay rise which would make most eyes water. Over £500 per day!

Hill won't be held to ransom, so is demonstrating to the former Man City youth player that there is life after Donal at Dale. Which there is. His agent would be well advised to not bite the hand that feeds, and Donal would do well to look at the number of ex-Dale players who are set up for life having come through Hill's tutelage. I think most of us understand now, it's not about the contract you get at Dale, it's all about the contract you get when you leave Dale.

Donal won't get the contract he wants if he's stuck in our ressies.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024