Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trevor Kettle strikes again 19:28 - Mar 5 with 8972 viewsSuddenLad

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11776/10193603/accrington-stanleys-disall

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 09:36 - Mar 6 with 2772 viewselectricblue

Just watched and it seems that just as the ball was kicked and beats the keeper he blows fo F/T....
Conned.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 09:39 - Mar 6 with 2741 viewsDomDale

Personally I've got over us being toilet under John Coleman and I actually want them to get promoted. Always enjoy a trip there, packed away end and now there's a direct train. Also they're another team which most would expect to occupy a bottom 4 place we want to avoid.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 10:02 - Mar 6 with 2706 viewsDomDale

Personally I've got over us being toilet under John Coleman and I actually want them to get promoted. Always enjoy a trip there, packed away end and now there's a direct train. Also they're another team which most would expect to occupy a bottom 4 place we want to avoid.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 10:05 - Mar 6 with 2721 viewsKenBoon

Accrington appear to play decent Football these days. Every report i've read also says they had most of yesterday's game. There's no valid excuse for Kettle yesterday. It's the biggest refereeing f**k up in a long time.
Trevor Kettle strikes again on 11:09 - Mar 6 with 2653 viewsD_Alien

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 00:39 - Mar 6 by dingdangblue

For blowing the whistle when he did - whatever tactics any team employ - and even against us - Yes, he'd be a Fcukwit.

Since he's not here to stand up for himself, maybe it's you that's a f*ckwit for failing to understand the point that, in all probability, he was following:

1) the laws of the game

2) the spirit of the game

No referee would take that decision lightly, so the balance of probability suggests he blew his whistle once the minimum allowed time had elapsed to prevent a side whose tactics had caused the additional time to be added, from taking advantage of their failure to follow the spirit of the game.

I can't make it much clearer than that.

Furthermore, if that's what he did, I applaud him.

[Post edited 6 Mar 2016 11:13]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 12:19 - Mar 6 with 2565 viewsdingdangblue

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 11:09 - Mar 6 by D_Alien

Since he's not here to stand up for himself, maybe it's you that's a f*ckwit for failing to understand the point that, in all probability, he was following:

1) the laws of the game

2) the spirit of the game

No referee would take that decision lightly, so the balance of probability suggests he blew his whistle once the minimum allowed time had elapsed to prevent a side whose tactics had caused the additional time to be added, from taking advantage of their failure to follow the spirit of the game.

I can't make it much clearer than that.

Furthermore, if that's what he did, I applaud him.

[Post edited 6 Mar 2016 11:13]

No he's definitely a fcukwit.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 12:49 - Mar 6 with 2522 viewssince58

The trouble with Trevor Kettle is, its allabout Trevor Kettle. Just like Clive Thomas not the game. That decision yesterday was shocking just like him ,and to my mind not in the spirit of the game.if I was an accy fan I'd be gutted.
Trevor Kettle strikes again on 12:58 - Mar 6 with 2505 viewslove_the_dale

It's unfair to the defending team to allow an attack to continue beyond the time the referee had decided to add on.
Login to get fewer ads

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 13:05 - Mar 6 with 2494 viewssince58

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 12:58 - Mar 6 by love_the_dale

It's unfair to the defending team to allow an attack to continue beyond the time the referee had decided to add on.

It was;nt about attacking or defending,it was Trevor Kettle being controversial as usual.
Trevor Kettle strikes again on 13:05 - Mar 6 with 2490 viewsTVOS1907

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 12:49 - Mar 6 by since58

The trouble with Trevor Kettle is, its allabout Trevor Kettle. Just like Clive Thomas not the game. That decision yesterday was shocking just like him ,and to my mind not in the spirit of the game.if I was an accy fan I'd be gutted.

He does have moments of bizarre decision-making, but he's been absolutely fine in his last two Dale games v Colchester and Crawley.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 13:09 - Mar 6 with 2489 viewsPorlicks

He was wrong.
His peers will think he was wrong.
His supervisors will think he was wrong.

The time allowed contains a certain amount of error. If we want to avoid this we should put a big clock on a screen. NBA players know how long is left, so they play accordingly.

Every rule created in football history has 'fairness' at it's heart. Rules are interpreted in that respect.

Who are YOU with?

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 13:21 - Mar 6 with 2473 viewsTVOS1907

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 23:37 - Mar 5 by DiddyDave

Agree 100%,but it`s up to the fourth official now as too how much time they allow over the 45 minutes in each half,so exactness in time is impossible. They never put 3 minutes and 33 seconds on the board,it`s always 3 minutes,4 minutes etc,so as Sudden Lad says,might as well wait until an immediate goal scoring chance has come and gone before blowing for time.

It isn't up to the fourth official. He just displays the time on the referee's instruction, as the referee is still the sole arbiter of time-keeping.

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 13:46 - Mar 6 with 2442 viewsNigeriamark

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 13:09 - Mar 6 by Porlicks

He was wrong.
His peers will think he was wrong.
His supervisors will think he was wrong.

The time allowed contains a certain amount of error. If we want to avoid this we should put a big clock on a screen. NBA players know how long is left, so they play accordingly.

Every rule created in football history has 'fairness' at it's heart. Rules are interpreted in that respect.

Part of my understanding of the added time rule ( and I could be wrong!!) is that there is a 59 second window. If the referee says 3 minutes of time to be added, then assuming no more injuries, goals, substitutions etc which allow him to add time, then he has to play at least 3 minutes but not reach 4 minutes ( otherwise he should ask for 4). Amongst other reasons, this allows the referee to finish the game at a non - controversial stage of the game during that 59 second window. As has been pointed out no referee can plan extra time to the nearest fraction of a second, so this system of a buffer gives a common sense option.
I don't know Trevor Kettle so I can not comment on his motive, but most referees blow when the ball is out of play or in midfield or after a goal kick etc. It's all about opinions but I would say kettle failed here in terms of common sense, creating controversy etc. As a Dale fan I can honestly say I would be happy if we got such a decision, but would be man enough to also say that we benefited from a shocking decision.
Trevor Kettle strikes again on 14:04 - Mar 6 with 2420 viewsTVOS1907

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 13:46 - Mar 6 by Nigeriamark

Part of my understanding of the added time rule ( and I could be wrong!!) is that there is a 59 second window. If the referee says 3 minutes of time to be added, then assuming no more injuries, goals, substitutions etc which allow him to add time, then he has to play at least 3 minutes but not reach 4 minutes ( otherwise he should ask for 4). Amongst other reasons, this allows the referee to finish the game at a non - controversial stage of the game during that 59 second window. As has been pointed out no referee can plan extra time to the nearest fraction of a second, so this system of a buffer gives a common sense option.
I don't know Trevor Kettle so I can not comment on his motive, but most referees blow when the ball is out of play or in midfield or after a goal kick etc. It's all about opinions but I would say kettle failed here in terms of common sense, creating controversy etc. As a Dale fan I can honestly say I would be happy if we got such a decision, but would be man enough to also say that we benefited from a shocking decision.

You're right, as it's "a MINIMUM of three minutes TIME ALLOWED"

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 16:44 - Mar 6 with 2327 viewsfitzochris

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 10:02 - Mar 6 by DomDale

Yeah, okay, John Coleman didn't work out for us, but there is no denying he's a good football manager. What he's doing at Accrington (so far) this season is incredible given their stature.

Granted, he has a style that didn't fit with our club, but it's effective in its own way and it clearly gets results. He's old school but he's not a dinosaur. Yes, it's a primal and aggressive brand of footy in the main (the volume of red cards they've had don't lie), but that's his way.

That said, I think it's a misconception that he doesn't have footballers in his team. Josh Windass and Matt Crooks, for example, have both signed for Mark Warburton's Rangers for next season, and Warburton likes technical players.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 17:16 - Mar 7 with 1877 viewsmacro

He's ref at Bradford v burton tomorrow then fourth official at Rotherham Saturday. Hasn't been 'dropped'
Trevor Kettle strikes again on 18:13 - Mar 7 with 1838 viewsD_Alien

I'm shocked. The way most of you lot have been banging on you'd think he'd have been deported by now, never mind dropped.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trevor Kettle strikes again (n/t) on 18:18 - Mar 7 with 1824 viewsColDale

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 13:46 - Mar 6 by Nigeriamark

Nitpicking further, but given the half time whistle consisted of three blows, is it half time at the start of the three or at the end of the three?

Seemed to me that there were two further blows of the whistle after the initial one both of which took place with the ball in the back of the net.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Trevor Kettle strikes again on 23:02 - Mar 7 with 1720 viewsdownunder

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 00:46 - Mar 6 by roccydaleian

A case of the Crackpot calling the Kettle black?
Trevor Kettle strikes again on 13:20 - Mar 8 with 1563 viewspioneer

To be fair, and I was no fan of Coleman when he was here, there are a lot of other managers who would have ranted far worse than this if it happened to their team - probably 20 in the premier league alone.
Trevor Kettle strikes again on 14:10 - Mar 8 with 1533 viewsdingdangblue

Trevor Kettle strikes again on 13:20 - Mar 8 by pioneer

To be fair, and I was no fan of Coleman when he was here, there are a lot of other managers who would have ranted far worse than this if it happened to their team - probably 20 in the premier league alone.

With a packed stadium and all the media coverage I doubt Kettle would have blown for half time as the ball was going into the net had it been a Premier League game. I doubt if he would ever be considered to be a Premier League referee.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024