Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dave Stewart 21:29 - Feb 17 with 3850 viewsunion_jack

Bumped into the big man today in town. Looking a lot older and quite frail for 68.

However, for me he is the best goalkeeper ever to have played for the Swans and he has some very stiff competition for that accolade (Freestone, Rimmer and more recent keepers).

I shook his hand and told him just that and said to him that he was very badly treated. He just nodded remorsefuly in agreement.

One of Toshack's biggest mistakes especially as to who he replaced him with!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Dave Stewart on 21:34 - Feb 17 with 3822 viewsSwansNZ

Agree, replacing Dave Stewart with Dai the Drop was a big mistake.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Dave Stewart on 21:34 - Feb 17 with 3819 viewsBloodyhills

Was not best impressed when Dai Davies replaced him. I remember someone running on the pitch before a game and sticking huge cut out hands on poles into the ground in front of the goal. I think it was meant that Dai Davies would need a hand or two to save anything.
Not sure what game, maybe it was Sunderland. It's a long time ago.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Dave Stewart on 21:38 - Feb 17 with 3795 viewsexiledclaseboy

He was better in The Eurythmics.

Poll: Tory leader

Dave Stewart on 21:38 - Feb 17 with 3794 viewsunion_jack

Dave Stewart on 21:34 - Feb 17 by Bloodyhills

Was not best impressed when Dai Davies replaced him. I remember someone running on the pitch before a game and sticking huge cut out hands on poles into the ground in front of the goal. I think it was meant that Dai Davies would need a hand or two to save anything.

I remember that incident very well. It was hilarious. Unfortunately they were removed before the players came onto the pitch.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Dave Stewart on 21:43 - Feb 17 with 3771 viewsDewi1jack

Dave Stewart on 21:34 - Feb 17 by Bloodyhills

Aye.
Remember the incident, can't for the life of me remember who we were playing.
Boys came off the NB, towards the newer stand- the one that looked really odd with the rest of the old girl.
Wonder what the ground would have looked like if it had been finished around the whole ground.
Would we have bothered moving to the Morfa?
Sorry, off track there a bit.
Fair play to Teflon though, he saw the funny side.

Teflon for Stewart?
Someone dropped a clanger there.
Dave Stewart is a nice bloke to talk to. Worth it if you get the chance

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Dave Stewart on 21:45 - Feb 17 with 3764 viewsbuilthjack

He played in the 1975 European Cup Final too. Good keeper.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:08 - Feb 17 with 3687 viewssomersetsimon

Dave Stewart on 21:45 - Feb 17 by builthjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:09 - Feb 17 with 3684 viewssomersetsimon

Dave Stewart on 21:45 - Feb 17 by builthjack

Login to get fewer ads

Dave Stewart on 22:29 - Feb 17 with 3642 viewssully49

Dave Stewart on 21:38 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

He was better in The Eurythmics.

That's who I thought he was talking about. Clase boy's eh

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

(No subject) (n/t) (n/t) on 22:32 - Feb 17 with 3634 viewsbuilthjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:09 - Feb 17 by somersetsimon

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Dave Stewart on 22:38 - Feb 17 with 3613 viewsmorningstar

He allowed John Buchanan to beat him from 40 yards with a straight free kick (no bend on the ball). He didn't get anywhere near it! It's a no from me.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Dave Stewart on 22:43 - Feb 17 with 3589 viewsSwansNZ

Dave Stewart on 22:38 - Feb 17 by morningstar

He allowed John Buchanan to beat him from 40 yards with a straight free kick (no bend on the ball). He didn't get anywhere near it! It's a no from me.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Dave Stewart on 23:42 - Feb 17 with 3490 viewsJackanapes

Dai Davis had a close shave the other day crossing the road. He would have been seriously injured but, thankfully, the car went through his legs.
Was saddened when they ditched DS. Shabby.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2016 23:43]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Dave Stewart on 23:45 - Feb 17 with 3475 viewsoldcob

Dave Stewart on 21:38 - Feb 17 by union_jack

I remember that incident very well. It was hilarious. Unfortunately they were removed before the players came onto the pitch.

I remember that too. Dai Teflon we used to call him because he had non stick hands.
Dave Stewart on 23:49 - Feb 17 with 3464 viewsowainglyndwr

I worked along side Dave, Great man , Great Goal keeper and never left Swansea.
Not a happy man that Tosh made changes and rightly so
Dave Stewart on 07:52 - Feb 18 with 3328 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Dave Stewart on 23:49 - Feb 17 by owainglyndwr

I worked along side Dave, Great man , Great Goal keeper and never left Swansea.
Not a happy man that Tosh made changes and rightly so

Toshack's only clanger in our first season up in the top flight. Some say if we had kept Dave in goals we could have won the league.

I was young then so my memory isn't that good of that year but I wonder if stats back that up?. Interesting

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Dave Stewart on 09:04 - Feb 18 with 3268 viewsJackanapes

Notts County's second goal in our 3-2 home win.
Is it a bird? is it a plane? No its superDai. I think thats when Tosh flicked the v's at the whole crowd.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2016 9:05]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Dave Stewart on 09:12 - Feb 18 with 3250 viewsmarchamjack

I was a keeper with the Swansea Schoolboys u14/u15 at that time and him and Jimmy Rimmer used to take the keeper coaching sessions. Looking back, it was all very basic stuff but of the 2, Stewart was the much better keeper and generally underrated I always thought

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Dave Stewart on 10:11 - Feb 18 with 3191 viewssherpajacob

Dave Stewart on 07:52 - Feb 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Toshack's only clanger in our first season up in the top flight. Some say if we had kept Dave in goals we could have won the league.

I was young then so my memory isn't that good of that year but I wonder if stats back that up?. Interesting

Stewart was a good keeper and certainly better than Davies.

The old first division was awash with decent keepers at the time.

I doubt we would have won the title with Stewart, but from recollection we had the opportunity to buy clemence but wouldn't stump up £350k, yet we wasted that much on Ray Kennedy a few months later.

With Clemence in goal I believe we would have won the league.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Dave Stewart on 11:15 - Feb 18 with 3130 viewsjackolantern

Dave Stewart on 21:43 - Feb 17 by Dewi1jack

Aye.
Remember the incident, can't for the life of me remember who we were playing.
Boys came off the NB, towards the newer stand- the one that looked really odd with the rest of the old girl.
Wonder what the ground would have looked like if it had been finished around the whole ground.
Would we have bothered moving to the Morfa?
Sorry, off track there a bit.
Fair play to Teflon though, he saw the funny side.

Teflon for Stewart?
Someone dropped a clanger there.
Dave Stewart is a nice bloke to talk to. Worth it if you get the chance

Arsenal?
Dave Stewart on 12:05 - Feb 18 with 3078 viewsDaiTheDrop

Remember that Cardiff game. Unusual for us to turn out in red. I thought DS was rash in coming for the second goal. Swans fans in Canton stand and in front of main stand as well as behind goal.
Gutted for DS that he wasn't given a chance in top flight. DD was an enigma. Capable of some breath taking saves but always liable for a flap on a quite regular basis. Always had a soft spot for our much maligned goalkeepers over the years, Steve Potter being prime example!!
Dave Stewart on 12:35 - Feb 18 with 3041 viewsJackanapes

Steve Potter and his electricians van. I used to covet his blue keepers jersey.

Another great keeper was Keith Barber also cruelly discarded by Tosh but this time in favour of a better keeper, my favorite player of all time, Geoff Crudgington. (both in this pic - the goalie that looks miserable(Barber) is miserable because the goalie that is smiling(Crudge) has just taken his spot, I dont know why Steve Cram was there.)

[Post edited 18 Feb 2016 12:50]

Dave Stewart on 17:20 - Feb 18 with 2918 viewsHubert

Dave Stewart on 10:11 - Feb 18 by sherpajacob

Stewart was a good keeper and certainly better than Davies.

The old first division was awash with decent keepers at the time.

I doubt we would have won the title with Stewart, but from recollection we had the opportunity to buy clemence but wouldn't stump up £350k, yet we wasted that much on Ray Kennedy a few months later.

With Clemence in goal I believe we would have won the league.

"yet we wasted that much on Ray Kennedy a few months later. " - the same Kennedy who got Parkinson's you mean...slightly disrespectful...he was great until his illness
Dave Stewart on 18:33 - Feb 18 with 2876 viewsOldjack

Tosh's mate init ,he was hard done by that season

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024