Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You can easily tell 15:23 - Jan 9 with 2294 viewsoldcob

the real supporter from the casuals on here the way they open their threads. The casuals and plastics refer to the way we ARE playing, and go on to make a gloomy forecast. The genuine supporter refers to the way we WERE playing, and proceed to make the point that we are a far better team in the last five games under Curt. Maybe its because the real supporter actually go to the games and can see the difference, and not just listen to pub talk and the rubbish that they put in the press. There are a lot on here too ready to condemn.
You can easily tell on 15:26 - Jan 9 with 2265 viewsdickythorpe

What powers you have!
You can easily tell on 15:32 - Jan 9 with 2234 viewsoldcob

You can easily tell on 15:26 - Jan 9 by dickythorpe

What powers you have!

Not at all. I feel absolutely powerless to do anything about all the negativity on here. We have improved over the last five games, no doubt about it.
You can easily tell on 15:36 - Jan 9 with 2211 viewsDanWelsh86

The past 5 games we were excellent, and were unlucky to lose against City and United.

The players are all playing for Curt, whereas you could see they were like an U14s match on a cold morning down Ashley Road under Monk.

I've got no issues with the boards decision on this.
You can easily tell on 15:56 - Jan 9 with 2134 viewsicecoldjack

You can easily tell on 15:36 - Jan 9 by DanWelsh86

The past 5 games we were excellent, and were unlucky to lose against City and United.

The players are all playing for Curt, whereas you could see they were like an U14s match on a cold morning down Ashley Road under Monk.

Agree 100%

What ever it was with monk and his back up team it must have been extremely fooked up for the board to get rid of all.

The story I heard was that he lost his senior players including those who were close to him previously, and his arrogance and stubbornness just compounded things, true or not I don't know.

The marked improvement under Curtis is clear to see for all, so there was obviously something to it with monk and his coaching team.

The fact players are now playing for curt makes me think we now have a chance to survive, every one of those pro's knows what's at stake and will have professional pride, our team doesn't need too much alteration and reverting to Rodgers ball should yield just enough points.

Monk was out of his depth ,benefitted from his players doing it for him until he started having a messiah complex, curt has a more father figure respect from the players and I feel most won't want to let him down.

It's gonna be a bumpy road so I don't give a fook who is what type of fan as long as when at the Liberty they get behind every single player who pulls on that shirt! Including gomis , who I'm sure would prefer to be scoring goals then living off scraps from the midfield and slow approach play.
You can easily tell on 16:11 - Jan 9 with 2069 viewsrWp

I think it's very idiotic of you to say you can tell who is a plastic and who is a "real fan".

We were awful under Monk in the last few games defensively awful and no attacking threat.

Under Curtis we have improved defensively but still not great going forward and still only 1 win in 5 performances again West Ham and Man City were good, nothing special against Palace and Wba but defensively better.

Can you tell me how many games I attend and what type of fan I am classed as please seeing as you can tell???
You can easily tell on 16:21 - Jan 9 with 2039 viewsnantywatcher

You can easily tell on 16:11 - Jan 9 by rWp

I think it's very idiotic of you to say you can tell who is a plastic and who is a "real fan".

We were awful under Monk in the last few games defensively awful and no attacking threat.

Under Curtis we have improved defensively but still not great going forward and still only 1 win in 5 performances again West Ham and Man City were good, nothing special against Palace and Wba but defensively better.

Can you tell me how many games I attend and what type of fan I am classed as please seeing as you can tell???

The sort who could start a punch up in a nunnery?
You can easily tell on 16:24 - Jan 9 with 2032 viewsLoyal

I used to be a casual.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

You can easily tell on 16:30 - Jan 9 with 2008 viewsjack247

Without doubt we are playing a lot better under AC and with a bit of fortune, could easily have gone unbeaten for his 5 games (injury time winner for city, Ayew hitting the post and Fab just missing at the end v United). I don't think it's fair to call the pessimistic fans casual, but you can certainly see an improvement on the pitch. The next two games should be a more realistic indicator of where we are in relation to the teams we should be expecting to compete against.
Login to get fewer ads

You can easily tell on 16:35 - Jan 9 with 1990 viewsoldcob

Probably the type who think we have the divine right to be a success in the Premiership. If someone had told us ten years ago that we would be in the Premiership just above the relegation zone in ten years time we would have thought "we should be so lucky". Relax and enjoy it, these are the good times, we are not going down.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 16:42]
You can easily tell on 16:42 - Jan 9 with 1964 viewslovejuicejack

Look out everyone we've got a "real fan alert" just waiting now for the list of games you attended in 1910.
You can easily tell on 16:47 - Jan 9 with 1944 viewsoldcob

You can easily tell on 16:42 - Jan 9 by lovejuicejack

Look out everyone we've got a "real fan alert" just waiting now for the list of games you attended in 1910.

Nothing in 1910 I'm afraid. I was working up chimneys then as a sweeps assistant. The job didn't pay too much so could not afford the gate money. The fact that we weren't formed until 1912 might have had something to do with it too.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 20:19]
You can easily tell on 16:49 - Jan 9 with 1934 viewslovejuicejack

You can easily tell on 16:47 - Jan 9 by oldcob

Nothing in 1910 I'm afraid. I was working up chimneys then as a sweeps assistant. The job didn't pay too much so could not afford the gate money. The fact that we weren't formed until 1912 might have had something to do with it too.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 20:19]

Come on then mystic smeg, am I a plastic or a true fan? Arf.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 16:50]
You can easily tell on 16:53 - Jan 9 with 1916 viewsoldcob

You can easily tell on 16:49 - Jan 9 by lovejuicejack

Don't you know then?
You can easily tell on 17:00 - Jan 9 with 1888 viewsA_Fans_Dad

You can easily tell on 15:36 - Jan 9 by DanWelsh86

I would like a small adjustment to these remarks, I think more realistic would be instead of
"The players are all playing for Curt"
Most of the players are playing for Curt, because we know of at least one who is not and one who is probably not giving it his all.
You can easily tell on 17:04 - Jan 9 with 1860 viewsoldcob

To answer after looking through some of your threads on here which are mostly positive with the odd critical one thrown in for good measure. So I'd say you were a loyal but a realist. Probably I'd sum myself up as a bit of a blind loyalist truth be known. Tonights lottery numbers will be.................
You can easily tell on 17:08 - Jan 9 with 1841 viewsraynor94

You can easily tell on 15:32 - Jan 9 by oldcob

Not at all. I feel absolutely powerless to do anything about all the negativity on here. We have improved over the last five games, no doubt about it.

Oh, why can't we all be a real fans like you it makes no difference how long as long as the team are backed

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

You can easily tell on 17:15 - Jan 9 with 1808 viewsDr_Winston

Defensively we're tighter but there's still a lot of work to do on the speed of our passing and attacking. We're still too ponderous at both.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

You can easily tell on 17:19 - Jan 9 with 1787 viewsoldcob

You can easily tell on 17:08 - Jan 9 by raynor94

Oh, why can't we all be a real fans like you it makes no difference how long as long as the team are backed

Course it doesn't, never said it did. Everyone is a new fan at some stage. Its just the negativity that p1sses me off. Never said that I was a better supporter than anyone else who" puts his money over the turnstile" My whole point is that the team are still getting slated even though we have improved greatly under Curt, so lets have a little positivity, I'm sure it transfers to the field of play. On reflection my thread might have seemed a little arrogant and after re reading it I can understand how it comes across that way. That was certainly not how it was meant. I speak to people at my local amongst other places who call the club, team and board rotten, and I know for a fact they never go to the Liberty, but when we were on a high the same guys were mooching about for tickets for the big games claiming to be livelongs.
You can easily tell on 17:49 - Jan 9 with 1731 viewsmax936

It's a bit of a silly thread mush to be honest, people are different the world over, whether they follow footie or not, plenty of Negative peeps plenty of Positive peeps and us Swans Fans are no different, lve been a swans fan since l was in my single yrs lve not always gone though but my attitude is still the same lve been a season ticket holder for nearly 20 yrs, but lve always enjoyed the highs and have been very worried in the lows, l felt both negative and positive thoughts on lots of times and lots of armchair fans are probably the same, we all care at different degrees granted, but the care it is, lam extremely concerned at the moment though, full of negative thoughts, but positive in hope.
There's probably thousands like me, what that makes me you decide, but it won't make a jot of difference.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 17:57]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

You can easily tell on 18:24 - Jan 9 with 1632 viewsoldcob

You can easily tell on 17:49 - Jan 9 by max936

It's a bit of a silly thread mush to be honest, people are different the world over, whether they follow footie or not, plenty of Negative peeps plenty of Positive peeps and us Swans Fans are no different, lve been a swans fan since l was in my single yrs lve not always gone though but my attitude is still the same lve been a season ticket holder for nearly 20 yrs, but lve always enjoyed the highs and have been very worried in the lows, l felt both negative and positive thoughts on lots of times and lots of armchair fans are probably the same, we all care at different degrees granted, but the care it is, lam extremely concerned at the moment though, full of negative thoughts, but positive in hope.
There's probably thousands like me, what that makes me you decide, but it won't make a jot of difference.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 17:57]

I've already held my hands up to wording it badly Max.
You can easily tell on 19:35 - Jan 9 with 1546 viewsmax936

You can easily tell on 18:24 - Jan 9 by oldcob

I've already held my hands up to wording it badly Max.

Fair play to you, we've all been here

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

You can easily tell on 22:05 - Jan 9 with 1401 viewsvetchonian

This is getting personal
Yes 1 win in 5 but 5 points from 5 games 2 at home 3away 2 of which we we were unlucky not to draw at Man City and Man U. Flukey deflection at Man City cost us a point and both Ash and Fab were unlucky not to score at OT to equalise!
Garry's last 5 games we got 1point 3 games home 2 away. Elsewhere on this thread I have summarised the stats form the BBC website reports which show under Curt we have increased out attempts at goal by 50% and have scored 33% more goals whilst leaking60% less goals. To people at the ground it is obvious the side are now more up for it and there is a huge improvement in our play..We murderd West Ham but they put 11 men behind the ball and though we had huge amounts of possession we couldn't get through the brick wall they put up

Sorry I can't tell you how many games you attend wonder how long you have "supported" the club and obviously you do not understand football
[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 22:07]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

You can easily tell on 22:10 - Jan 9 with 1387 viewsvetchonian

Well assuming u didn't know we were not in existence in 1910

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

You can easily tell on 22:15 - Jan 9 with 1359 viewsjack247

Down arrowhead by accident, sorry old cob. As you say, badly worded, but I get where you are coming from.
You can easily tell on 07:50 - Jan 10 with 1170 viewsStarsky

You can easily tell on 16:35 - Jan 9 by oldcob

Probably the type who think we have the divine right to be a success in the Premiership. If someone had told us ten years ago that we would be in the Premiership just above the relegation zone in ten years time we would have thought "we should be so lucky". Relax and enjoy it, these are the good times, we are not going down.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 16:42]

The irony of your post...
Sounds like one of Monks last interviews.

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024