Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official - Curt in for the season as manager 17:58 - Jan 7 with 28736 viewsAl_Bundy

nt
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:01 - Jan 7 with 1840 viewsLandore_Jack

All the best Curt. You will have my support.

#backtojack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:02 - Jan 7 with 1828 viewsThornburyswan

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:08 - Jan 7 by blaine_scfc

Whatever happens this guys a legend. All the best Curt, we're all behind you.

This.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:02 - Jan 7 with 1825 viewsdgt73

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:57 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

To be fair the odds are stacked against us in terms of this type of appointment in the premier league

What has happened at other clubs has no bearing at all with A C appointment.
You can't make a decision based on what's happened at other clubs.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:02 - Jan 7 with 1821 viewsjojaca

At least the club have put me out of my misery, I don't have to check for updates every ten minutes. With Alan in charge I can't see any permanent signings this transfer window, so another reason not to check for updates. The best we are going to get is loan signings, this appointment is made with one eye on the championship and club looking at worst case scenerio approach. At least the board won't jeopardize our finances. All we can do now is be the 12th man at the Liberty and get behind the boys.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 19:03]

Even when you know, you never know?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:04 - Jan 7 with 1801 viewsDarran

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:02 - Jan 7 by dgt73

Nobdys said it's going to have a bearing.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 19:04]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:04 - Jan 7 with 1792 viewslovejuicejack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:02 - Jan 7 by jojaca

At least the club have put me out of my misery, I don't have to check for updates every ten minutes. With Alan in charge I can't see any permanent signings this transfer window, so another reason not to check for updates. The best we are going to get is loan signings, this appointment is made with one eye on the championship and club looking at worst case scenerio approach. At least the board won't jeopardize our finances. All we can do now is be the 12th man at the Liberty and get behind the boys.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 19:03]

Yeah I think the board have one eye on the championship and with good reason. It was good while it lasted.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:04 - Jan 7 with 1792 views3swan

We are where we are, and the past............let’s move on.
Is there any real surprise in today’s announcement?
The board rightly or wrongly gave Garry Monk extra time to try and turn things around. How many managers out there can be classed as Premier League managers that could have come into the club cold and immediately start to turn thing around. My guess is that any one of that calibre didn’t need to take a risk of having their first Premier League position shown as relegation on their C.V.
Any other appointment would have been a greater risk imo so let’s hope the feel good factor the players seem to have for AC can see us through till the end of the season. A couple of loan players are a must as I can’t see any perm signings
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:05 - Jan 7 with 1783 viewsFlashberryjack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:35 - Jan 7 by londonlisa2001

I'll start off by saying that in my view, there is no one at the Swans now or at any time since I have been watching us (1977 ish) that I love more than I love Curtis (I would include Robbie as on a par). A genuine club legend, a true gentleman and none of our current crop of players are fit to lace his boots in terms of ability and sheer class on the pitch (I am tempted to say off the pitch as well, but that is unfair on the current crop as I have not met many of them so can't comment).

I also believe that he will give absolutely everything that he has to try to keep us up as he loves this club as much as any of us could ever do and he will have my absolute support whatever the outcome.

BUT - what a complete shambles this process has been. The seeming inability of the board to identify what was staring everyone in the face for weeks beforehand, namely that Monk would end up being sacked and would need replacing is just unbelievable.

The jaunt to South America was similarly unbelievable (I commented at the time that everything could be done remotely and they should only be going over in person if there was a real possibility of one of the candidates, whether Bielsa or anyone else joining us and was roundly mocked for it - well this is what happens when you bugger off on a wild goose chase without knowing that you are all on at least the same page to start with).

Stupid tweets from the board before anything is settled, endless delays in actually confirming Curt in the job, leaking out the story to 'soften the impact' rather than actually have the courage to announce it properly (if you're convinced this is the right thing to do, then put yourself on the record and say it, clearly and without hesitation, not dribble it out).

We don't seem to be commenting on the fact that we lost 3 or 4 members of the coaching team - well who is replacing them? Or alternatively, who is replacing the work done by the people that are now the 'first team coaching staff' and were previously looking at the academy etc?

Let's all pray that at the end of this season, there have been three clubs in a worse state than us. But if we get to the summer and have wonderfully and blissfully stayed up, I truly hope that the 'good look at the position of the club' at that time includes off the field as well as on the field. Because the past 18 months or so have seen people taking their eye off the ball in my view as they concentrated instead on more personal issues - and, no, I am not referring to stupid rumours that are almost certainly complete nonsense, but making films, and travelling here, there and everywhere to 'sell' it, trying to sell shares to 'investors', not sorting out expansion, coming up with 'clever' deals to bring in players that are frankly not worth a tenth of what they are apparently earning, and behaving with a general level of hubris that was unwarranted.

Perhaps if we emerge from this episode with our status in the PL intact, then we can breathe a sigh of relief and stop believing our own hype. If we don't, then from the position we were in 18 months ago that is sheer negligence.

But that is all for another day now - come on you Swans and Alan Curtis - whatever happens, you are a complete hero.

Top post

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:10 - Jan 7 with 1717 viewsJack1

Don't know what to make of this. I'm not surprised, I just hope he handles the pressure if we go on a bad run. Next 2 games are huge. The squad on the whole in my opinion has too much quality to go down, we just need a half-decent hard-working striker to fire a few in.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:10 - Jan 7 with 1714 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed.

Is Curt expected to do the job of three men.

I

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:11 - Jan 7 with 1705 viewsexiledclaseboy

I agree with the view of most on this thread but the recriminations have to wait for another day. We've got a relegation battle to win.

Alan Curtis' black and white army.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 19:11]

Poll: Tory leader

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:12 - Jan 7 with 1671 viewslovejuicejack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:10 - Jan 7 by Jack1

Don't know what to make of this. I'm not surprised, I just hope he handles the pressure if we go on a bad run. Next 2 games are huge. The squad on the whole in my opinion has too much quality to go down, we just need a half-decent hard-working striker to fire a few in.

Sorry I think your wrong, they may have to much quality but if they are not producing it which they are not we could well go down.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:12 - Jan 7 with 1671 viewsperchrockjack

contd.If he is and can ,then it seems the employing the likes of Clotet Beattie and KOL was a shocking waste of money.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:13 - Jan 7 with 1665 viewslifelong

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:11 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

I agree with the view of most on this thread but the recriminations have to wait for another day. We've got a relegation battle to win.

Alan Curtis' black and white army.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 19:11]

We have indeed, some appear to have given up already.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:13 - Jan 7 with 1641 viewsPrivate_Partz

I'll start off by saying that in my view, there is no one at the Swans now or at any time since I have been watching us (1977 ish) that I love more than I love Curtis (I would include Robbie as on a par). A genuine club legend, a true gentleman and none of our current crop of players are fit to lace his boots in terms of ability and sheer class on the pitch (I am tempted to say off the pitch as well, but that is unfair on the current crop as I have not met many of them so can't comment).

I also believe that he will give absolutely everything that he has to try to keep us up as he loves this club as much as any of us could ever do and he will have my absolute support whatever the outcome.

BUT - what a complete shambles this process has been. The seeming inability of the board to identify what was staring everyone in the face for weeks beforehand, namely that Monk would end up being sacked and would need replacing is just unbelievable.

The jaunt to South America was similarly unbelievable (I commented at the time that everything could be done remotely and they should only be going over in person if there was a real possibility of one of the candidates, whether Bielsa or anyone else joining us and was roundly mocked for it - well this is what happens when you bugger off on a wild goose chase without knowing that you are all on at least the same page to start with).

Stupid tweets from the board before anything is settled, endless delays in actually confirming Curt in the job, leaking out the story to 'soften the impact' rather than actually have the courage to announce it properly (if you're convinced this is the right thing to do, then put yourself on the record and say it, clearly and without hesitation, not dribble it out).

We don't seem to be commenting on the fact that we lost 3 or 4 members of the coaching team - well who is replacing them? Or alternatively, who is replacing the work done by the people that are now the 'first team coaching staff' and were previously looking at the academy etc?

Let's all pray that at the end of this season, there have been three clubs in a worse state than us. But if we get to the summer and have wonderfully and blissfully stayed up, I truly hope that the 'good look at the position of the club' at that time includes off the field as well as on the field. Because the past 18 months or so have seen people taking their eye off the ball in my view as they concentrated instead on more personal issues - and, no, I am not referring to stupid rumours that are almost certainly complete nonsense, but making films, and travelling here, there and everywhere to 'sell' it, trying to sell shares to 'investors', not sorting out expansion, coming up with 'clever' deals to bring in players that are frankly not worth a tenth of what they are apparently earning, and behaving with a general level of hubris that was unwarranted.

Perhaps if we emerge from this episode with our status in the PL intact, then we can breathe a sigh of relief and stop believing our own hype. If we don't, then from the position we were in 18 months ago that is sheer negligence.

But that is all for another day now - come on you Swans and Alan Curtis - whatever happens, you are a complete hero.

Absolutely spot on Lisa. AJ has already mentioned that we could now see a drop in performance as I am sure that many of the players will be as deflated as the rest of us. They are playing for a club that no one wants to manage. Similarly what players are going to want to come to such a club that is in this situation and fighting relegation at the same time? I can easily see us drawing a blank again in bringing in anyone to strengthen the squad.
This is a cock up of mamouth proportions and the mistakes have been made since the breaking down of relationships with ML.
They have taken their eye off the ball and not recruited staff suitable for running a multi million pound business.
On a brighter note Alan has got the team playing better even though the improvement in results is slight. Our players were good enough to keep us in the top half so let's hope we can rediscover some of that form. Also I hope we are going to bring in some coaching staff to help him but again who with the right experience will come to this club in its present state?
Losing our top flight status will be a disaster for both club and city. The knives are being sharpened in the Cardiff media as they look forward to massive investment as a result of Osbourne cajoling WAG to get on with their City Deal using 622m of our taxes.
This all could all result in the biggest disaster for our city since the blitz as we could be losing our only worldwide marketing tool.
On that happy note I would say Alan will get my full support. I am not going to boo the team but will support them fully until the end of the season. I know who I will be blaming at the end in the likelihood that this lot goes tits up.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 19:17]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:14 - Jan 7 with 1637 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:00 - Jan 7 by monmouth

OOF

Even when it's looking by far the most probable outcome it's still a jolt when it is so obvious that things have got to the 'oh shit, what else can we do' stage. This was clearly never planned as an outcome. I'd really like to know what happened with the rabble that were supposed to be managing us for this to end up being the better outcome than them but there we are.

Anyway, just roll with it, see what happens and lick our wounds when it's done and get up again wherever we are. Can't pretend I'm not shocked, even though i was expecting it, still thought there might be a rabbit out of the hat.

AC can do no wrong for me in this situation anyway, so lets see him wear the long trousers. The Board need to genuinely ask themselves how things could have developed in this way without earlier loud alarms and earlier action though. It seems from the outside as if we are just coming apart at the seams.

Go Curt. Go Players. Go fans. Let's just do it.

you shocked? you've become all American

Go swans

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:14 - Jan 7 with 1634 viewslovejuicejack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:13 - Jan 7 by lifelong

We have indeed, some appear to have given up already.

Yeah mostly the board and players
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:17 - Jan 7 with 1574 viewsperchrockjack

No they haven't given up at all. Yet more.

Some are worried.Its that simple.

Those that aren't are not real fans or simply too good for this world.

MAYBE ,just maybe we can get united spiritually and put old scores behind us, digs at posters not liked or living in cities not liked.

This is our greatest challenge and as Andrew says ,,rightly in this instance, recriminations can take place over the summer when the weather is warmer and we ve got a bbq to fire up.

God bless ya Curt

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:17 - Jan 7 with 1574 viewslifelong

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:14 - Jan 7 by lovejuicejack

Yeah mostly the board and players

Well, with 18 games to go that remains to be seen, our last 5 performances were a huge improvement, if we can continue at that level of performance for the remainder of the season we will stay up.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:18 - Jan 7 with 1570 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:02 - Jan 7 by dgt73

I don't see what makes Curtis the right man for the job. Totally and utterly baffling
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:18 - Jan 7 with 1572 viewsGeoffThom

Well written sums up most points
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:20 - Jan 7 with 1540 viewsGeoffThom

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:13 - Jan 7 by Private_Partz

Absolutely spot on Lisa. AJ has already mentioned that we could now see a drop in performance as I am sure that many of the players will be as deflated as the rest of us. They are playing for a club that no one wants to manage. Similarly what players are going to want to come to such a club that is in this situation and fighting relegation at the same time? I can easily see us drawing a blank again in bringing in anyone to strengthen the squad.
This is a cock up of mamouth proportions and the mistakes have been made since the breaking down of relationships with ML.
They have taken their eye off the ball and not recruited staff suitable for running a multi million pound business.
On a brighter note Alan has got the team playing better even though the improvement in results is slight. Our players were good enough to keep us in the top half so let's hope we can rediscover some of that form. Also I hope we are going to bring in some coaching staff to help him but again who with the right experience will come to this club in its present state?
Losing our top flight status will be a disaster for both club and city. The knives are being sharpened in the Cardiff media as they look forward to massive investment as a result of Osbourne cajoling WAG to get on with their City Deal using 622m of our taxes.
This all could all result in the biggest disaster for our city since the blitz as we could be losing our only worldwide marketing tool.
On that happy note I would say Alan will get my full support. I am not going to boo the team but will support them fully until the end of the season. I know who I will be blaming at the end in the likelihood that this lot goes tits up.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 19:17]

More good points
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:21 - Jan 7 with 1527 viewsQuakerJack

This is purely down to money... Even if we stay up it's still a ridiculous decision because there is no basis for making the decision that Curt is the best person to keep us up... It's trying to do things on the cheap... Negligent decision.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:21 - Jan 7 with 1527 views3swan

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:18 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

I don't see what makes Curtis the right man for the job. Totally and utterly baffling

If as reported no experienced manager wants the job, who should we give it to?
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:22 - Jan 7 with 1511 viewsairedale

All the best Alan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024