Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official - Curt in for the season as manager 17:58 - Jan 7 with 28739 viewsAl_Bundy

nt
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:34 - Jan 7 with 1811 viewspencoedjack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:18 - Jan 7 by Treforys_Jack

Not sure if its been said on the previous 10 pages, but the 1 thing that bothers me is Huw quoted as saying some managers didn't want to put their reputations on the line. Well I sincerely hope we don't go back to these in the summer when we survive. I'd have thought we'd be a relatively easy fix for a decent manager to come in and keep us in the PL or can they see something I can't. Lack of goals is the obvious issue, but we've hit the woodwork more than any other team in the PL and we've started getting shots on target during the last 5 games, which is something we simply weren't doing. The improvement in attitude and performance in most of the players has been huge since AC took over. Its going to take a monumental effort from the players on the field and the board to get a few faces in place over the next 4 weeks or so.

My thoughts exactly anyone who has turned us down to keep their 'reputation in tact' I hope Huw doesn't bother with in the summer.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:36 - Jan 7 with 1804 viewsraynor94

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:30 - Jan 7 by RockAndBaconRoll

Seriously - pedigree?, John Harrison? - Arsenal, Celtic, West Ham, Wales, goals, a fighting spirit that cannot be questioned.

I've never rated John Harrison

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:36 - Jan 7 with 1800 viewspencoedjack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:33 - Jan 7 by blaine_scfc

Would be over the moon if Hartson was bought in as a coach personally. Wouldn't take no sh*t off anyone.

Indeed the Graham Jones to the Spanish waiter.

I like it
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:38 - Jan 7 with 1793 viewsfbreath

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:34 - Jan 7 by pencoedjack

My thoughts exactly anyone who has turned us down to keep their 'reputation in tact' I hope Huw doesn't bother with in the summer.

In business sometimes you can't cut off your nose to spite your face.

If someone would be ideal for us then I am sure the door for discussion would have been kept open for next season.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:38 - Jan 7 with 1793 viewsPozuelosSideys

Lots of panic over nothing.

We'll stay up, no sweat. Curtis' biggest problem will be all the doom and gloomers and their twitchy arses.

But when we stay up with a couple of weeks to spare after a good run, what do the board do then? Remove Curtis from role? Give him a longer contract? What if he prefers to go back in to the shadows again and any new manager doesnt want that as he feels compromised a la Jackett/Martinez?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:41 - Jan 7 with 1769 viewsRockAndBaconRoll

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:33 - Jan 7 by blaine_scfc

Would be over the moon if Hartson was bought in as a coach personally. Wouldn't take no sh*t off anyone.

I like the sentiment and fully agree with you but thats a double negative. What you've just said there is that he would take shit from everyone.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:43 - Jan 7 with 1762 viewsvetchonian

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 21:45 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

i appreciate experience isn't the be all and end all and Monk outfoxed far more experienced managers than him.

However it is a totally underwhelming appointment, especially given some of the names that were touted and discussed.

I don't think many people are professing to knowing better or not supporting. It's a forum for debate and opinion which is what people are giving.

Don't get me wrong, there are positives to appointing Curtis and keeping things the same. If it can inspire just one good run of results then things suddenly look a lot better. I think they key now is some wheeling and dealing in January and getting at least 10 points from our next 6 matches - in theory this is within our reach.

My biggest concern is that the appointment is indicative of a board that have run out of money, ideas or both, we won't see good enough enforcements through the door this month and we are left with the same squad that got us into this mess.

I can't help but feel we are just hoping for the best without any sound plan or reasoning behind it.

Have you read Huws statement?
It appears the board have tried but have been unable to get what they feel is the right man and have gone with someone they trust.
This board have a record of getting it right in the past .........and the average shelf life of a good Swansea manager is about 18 months which is what Garry gave us, Laudrup about the same only Brendan and Roberto have reigned for longer.
Curt has far more dugout and dressing room experience than Garry did when he was appointed 2 years ago and inherits a better talented squad. Listen to some on here this is our best ever squad so let's not be too underwhelmed. Did we all really believe we would get Bielsa. Maybe if we were at the top of the table ....but then We wouldn't be in the market for a manager.....or a club awash with cash without a board who expects the manager to buy into its playing philosophy.
The board is short of some cash but not out of ideas we are just not the prospect we have been to managers in the past given our league position and financial philosophy.
As you say this is a forum for fans opinions and we are all entitled to one.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 22:53]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:44 - Jan 7 with 1753 viewsvetchonian

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:30 - Jan 7 by RockAndBaconRoll

Seriously - pedigree?, John Harrison? - Arsenal, Celtic, West Ham, Wales, goals, a fighting spirit that cannot be questioned.

But as a manager/coach?

Login to get fewer ads

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:45 - Jan 7 with 1751 viewsUplandsJack

Keep hartson as far away as possible from the club... They guy's a cock of the highest order!
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:45 - Jan 7 with 1745 viewspencoedjack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:38 - Jan 7 by fbreath

In business sometimes you can't cut off your nose to spite your face.

If someone would be ideal for us then I am sure the door for discussion would have been kept open for next season.

In business those who are normally the better candidates are far more likely to put their reputations on line to prove themselves.

Those who choose the easy option are normally found out.

Brendan Rodgers would (in my opinion) be the type bloke who chooses the easy option
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:47 - Jan 7 with 1726 viewsvetchonian

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:38 - Jan 7 by PozuelosSideys

Lots of panic over nothing.

We'll stay up, no sweat. Curtis' biggest problem will be all the doom and gloomers and their twitchy arses.

But when we stay up with a couple of weeks to spare after a good run, what do the board do then? Remove Curtis from role? Give him a longer contract? What if he prefers to go back in to the shadows again and any new manager doesnt want that as he feels compromised a la Jackett/Martinez?

Curt would not want the long term manager role and doubt that is in the boards thinking.
This is purely an interim arrangement to ensure Pl status is kept to allow the right appointment in the summer.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 23:09 - Jan 7 with 1597 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Good luck to curt

It's not as if it wasn't coming when you think of the whole picture

It's déjà vu after the Laudrup sacking , bet they were thinking of it a few weeks ago .

Get a decent cente forward in & we will be ok just .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 23:14 - Jan 7 with 1581 viewsswanstillidai

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:27 - Jan 7 by marchamjack

Curt was and remains my ultimate Swans legend.

I will back him to the hilt now he's in charge, regardless of the fact that he's clearly not the first choice etc.

If he keeps us up, we need to get a statue up of him outside the Liberty. A true living legend and we should then celebrate and laud him properly while he still walks amongst us mere mortals.

#InCurtisITrust

A statue of him if he keeps us up?

Dear God!

Here's a tenner. Go buy some perspective!
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 23:43 - Jan 7 with 1509 viewsUxbridge

Hell of a call. The last few games have seen a distinct improvement, but still, hell of a call.

Die is cast. Just hope it works. Think that what we need, above everything right now and particularly on a matchday, is full and unequivocal backing of the management and players. We've got some very winnable games coming up.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 00:49 - Jan 8 with 1420 viewsJack123

Must say, my stomach dropped when they made the announcement Curt had the gig..I just got a bad feeling this year!

Normally upbeat, but finding it hard.. definitely need some new blood, if we stay the way we are..It's goodnight Irene..

libera nos a malo

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 01:10 - Jan 8 with 1396 viewsswanstillidai

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 00:49 - Jan 8 by Jack123

Must say, my stomach dropped when they made the announcement Curt had the gig..I just got a bad feeling this year!

Normally upbeat, but finding it hard.. definitely need some new blood, if we stay the way we are..It's goodnight Irene..

Me too, I reckon we're headed for the drop and to be honest I think we as a club need it to happen for a reality check.

The board, the players and more so sections of our support have become spoilt and separated from the club we love. The way some of the fans on here bleat on about the paramount importance of staying in this c*ntfest of a league is akin to a fella punching above his weight desperately trying the last throw of the dice to be with his beautiful, goldigging, apathetic Mrs that's getting juiced up by all his best mates.

Personally, I'm actually looking forward to the rest of the season now.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 01:21 - Jan 8 with 1382 viewsStarsky

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 01:10 - Jan 8 by swanstillidai

Me too, I reckon we're headed for the drop and to be honest I think we as a club need it to happen for a reality check.

The board, the players and more so sections of our support have become spoilt and separated from the club we love. The way some of the fans on here bleat on about the paramount importance of staying in this c*ntfest of a league is akin to a fella punching above his weight desperately trying the last throw of the dice to be with his beautiful, goldigging, apathetic Mrs that's getting juiced up by all his best mates.

Personally, I'm actually looking forward to the rest of the season now.

"I reckon we're headed for the drop and to be honest I think we as a club need it to happen for a reality check"

Wow... Did you really mean to write that?

It's just the internet, init.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 01:25 - Jan 8 with 1377 viewsswanstillidai

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 01:21 - Jan 8 by Starsky

"I reckon we're headed for the drop and to be honest I think we as a club need it to happen for a reality check"

Wow... Did you really mean to write that?

Yep - I've never felt so detached as I do now
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 01:39 - Jan 8 with 1359 viewsStarsky

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 01:25 - Jan 8 by swanstillidai

Yep - I've never felt so detached as I do now

Read your username and rejoice

It's just the internet, init.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 07:22 - Jan 8 with 1282 viewsPrivate_Partz

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:45 - Jan 7 by pencoedjack

In business those who are normally the better candidates are far more likely to put their reputations on line to prove themselves.

Those who choose the easy option are normally found out.

Brendan Rodgers would (in my opinion) be the type bloke who chooses the easy option

Are we saying we did not get a suitable candidate due to lack of ambition by all the interviewees? We are playing in the top sport in the top league in the world. As someone pointed out there are only ever a maximum of 14 jobs available as the top six are rarely up for grabs.
Is it not possible that we did not get our man due to lack of ambition and underwhelming contracts on offer?
If we manage to stay in this league come May then all names should be back on the table and hopefully we will come up with a more ambitious project to attract such candidates.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 07:30 - Jan 8 with 1268 viewsPrivate_Partz

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:43 - Jan 7 by vetchonian

Have you read Huws statement?
It appears the board have tried but have been unable to get what they feel is the right man and have gone with someone they trust.
This board have a record of getting it right in the past .........and the average shelf life of a good Swansea manager is about 18 months which is what Garry gave us, Laudrup about the same only Brendan and Roberto have reigned for longer.
Curt has far more dugout and dressing room experience than Garry did when he was appointed 2 years ago and inherits a better talented squad. Listen to some on here this is our best ever squad so let's not be too underwhelmed. Did we all really believe we would get Bielsa. Maybe if we were at the top of the table ....but then We wouldn't be in the market for a manager.....or a club awash with cash without a board who expects the manager to buy into its playing philosophy.
The board is short of some cash but not out of ideas we are just not the prospect we have been to managers in the past given our league position and financial philosophy.
As you say this is a forum for fans opinions and we are all entitled to one.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 22:53]

I think an average shelf life of 18 months has contributed to our lack of success in appointing anyone deemed suitable. This plus what is perceived to be a controlling chairman doing everything on the cheap whilst giving back room jobs to the boys. Note I say 'perceived' as there us no hard evidence on this but it has been suggested Huw is like this in his DOF job and it could have a knock on effect.
Our record of keeping managers is not good.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 07:34 - Jan 8 with 1264 viewsLord_Bony

I think the plan is to save money by appointing Curtis and spending it on a striker instead... At least I hope so.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 07:38 - Jan 8 with 1250 viewsJohnw102

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 07:34 - Jan 8 by Lord_Bony

I think the plan is to save money by appointing Curtis and spending it on a striker instead... At least I hope so.

Yes right and I believe in the tooth fairy, Father Christmas and the Easter Bunny!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 09:07 - Jan 8 with 1157 viewsPapaLazarou

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 22:36 - Jan 7 by pencoedjack

Indeed the Graham Jones to the Spanish waiter.

I like it

I think we could definitely do worse than adding Hartson to the coaching staff until the end of the season to help out Curt and Dave Adams.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 09:18 - Jan 8 with 1134 viewsraynor94

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 07:34 - Jan 8 by Lord_Bony

Well if that is the plan, the board have totally lost it as well as you

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024