Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manager situation is a shambles 17:33 - Dec 22 with 10573 viewsrWp

One or the other Huw Jenkins needs to make a decision on a new manager. If Alan Curtis is their guy until the end of the season they should come out and say.
All this uncertainty is not good for the fans and probably the players are finding it frustrating. We are bouncing from game to game with more speculation not sure who will be in charge and there is nothing coming from the board.
This has to be one of the most protracted, shambolic searches for a manger ever. It would be a shameless if we were comfortably in mid table but when we are in the relegation zone with 1 win since August it makes the situation 10 times worse.
I have heard people saying we need to take our time but quite frankly that is nonsense. Monk was sacked well over two weeks ago and to still be in a state of uncertainty going into the biggest run of games for years is not on. Being in the premier league relegation zone does not give you time to stand still and have a long hard think about things as if we are not careful we could be cut adrift.
As it stands I would happily take Poyet or Di Matteo as I think they can both keep us up.
As much as a club legend as Curtis is appointing him would be dangerously similar to Terry Connor taking Wolves down and Chris Ramsay taking QPR down.
The relegation zone does not stand still and we need a figurehead to guide us out of this mess who will get the respect of the players.
Manager situation is a shambles on 18:40 - Dec 23 with 1653 viewsraynor94

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:32 - Dec 23 by Borojack

Yes Huw Jenkins director of football I wonder if he can find a couple of gems like Eder or Tabanou.

You honestly believe these were foisted on Monk by Huw? he really can't win at the moment on here

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:42 - Dec 23 with 1632 viewsAngelRangelQS

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:40 - Dec 23 by raynor94

You honestly believe these were foisted on Monk by Huw? he really can't win at the moment on here

I don't usually believe that sort of thing but Garry didn't show any signs of wanting either of them, did he?
Manager situation is a shambles on 18:43 - Dec 23 with 1627 viewsBorojack

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:40 - Dec 23 by raynor94

I dont know that seems to be the general opinion whoever it was wasted a fortune which we are struggling to recover from.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:44 - Dec 23 with 1616 viewstomdickharry

Begs the question why Jenkins didn't appt Curt as Manager when Laudrup was axed and ask Monk to Assist him.
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:45 - Dec 23 with 1616 viewssully49

Manager situation is a shambles on 17:58 - Dec 22 by vetchonian

If all these rumours are true and to be believed the whole club is a shambles ......would any manager want to walk into that?
None of us know what is going on .....we have appointed a caretaker who has seemed to improve our performances. Curt is never going to be our manager he is the "safe pair of hands" to steady the ship through this patch of troubled waters there will be a proper manager at the helm when the right one is found and accepts. In the meanwhile lets wait ........how many of us were thinking about replacements when we were call No for Garry's head?
Or let's just rush out and make a knee jerk appointment this appointment is the most crucial Huw has had to make it needs to be right

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:46 - Dec 23 with 1536 viewscostalotta

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:44 - Dec 23 by tomdickharry

Begs the question why Jenkins didn't appt Curt as Manager when Laudrup was axed and ask Monk to Assist him.

This.
Manager situation is a shambles on 18:56 - Dec 23 with 1487 viewsbermudajack

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:46 - Dec 23 by costalotta

This.

I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure Curt has been very reluctant to take the reigns in the past, Monk stood up to the plate on a temporary basis following Laudrup's departure and impressed the board & players with his work rate/ training methods and the rest is history.
This time, there is no one else, curt is doing what he always does, his very best for the club.
Curt will do this as long as he's required to do so.

Did Barcalona go for the cheap option when Louis Enriche & Pep Guardiola were promoted from within? Were they chastised for not buying the best managers available?

Trust Huw... He knows the score 👍

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Manager situation is a shambles on 20:02 - Dec 23 with 1409 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:56 - Dec 23 by bermudajack

I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure Curt has been very reluctant to take the reigns in the past, Monk stood up to the plate on a temporary basis following Laudrup's departure and impressed the board & players with his work rate/ training methods and the rest is history.
This time, there is no one else, curt is doing what he always does, his very best for the club.

Did Barcalona go for the cheap option when Louis Enriche & Pep Guardiola were promoted from within? Were they chastised for not buying the best managers available?

Curt and one of his old mates

Leighton James

Jimmy hadziabdic

Tosh

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Manager situation is a shambles on 20:11 - Dec 23 with 1371 viewsmonmouth

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:36 - Dec 23 by Borojack

Curtis said it may happen It was on Sky old bean

Actually he said he'll carry on as necessary but that he'd prefer someone to come in sooner rather than later. He also said he was not in the loop about the current stage of the process and that it was all about finding the right man. Plus that the speed of recruitment might well be determined by upcoming results.

Suppose that doesn't fit the narrative? I do agree though, that if Curt is appointed, it's not likely to end well.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Manager situation is a shambles on 20:12 - Dec 23 with 1362 viewscostalotta

Manager situation is a shambles on 18:56 - Dec 23 by bermudajack

Enrique had worked / managed in Italy for Roma . Different thing completely.
Manager situation is a shambles on 20:13 - Dec 23 with 1352 viewsJackfath

Manager situation is a shambles on 20:11 - Dec 23 by monmouth

Actually he said he'll carry on as necessary but that he'd prefer someone to come in sooner rather than later. He also said he was not in the loop about the current stage of the process and that it was all about finding the right man. Plus that the speed of recruitment might well be determined by upcoming results.

Suppose that doesn't fit the narrative? I do agree though, that if Curt is appointed, it's not likely to end well.

If results are poor and Curt is still in charge would he too get the sack?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Manager situation is a shambles on 20:18 - Dec 23 with 1331 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

We won't be appointing Curt till the end of the season. There are justifiable whinges about the way the board have handled this, but they're not going to just 'give it to Curt' and wait for relegation.

They'll appoint the best person they can find willing to take the job on, but given the time of year, I can't see that person taking charge until January.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Manager situation is a shambles on 20:21 - Dec 23 with 1311 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Can Curt stand the strain?
He is not a young man and the pressure of a relegation fight will be immense.
Manager situation is a shambles on 20:22 - Dec 23 with 1307 viewscostalotta

Manager situation is a shambles on 20:18 - Dec 23 by FearOfAJackPlanet

We won't be appointing Curt till the end of the season. There are justifiable whinges about the way the board have handled this, but they're not going to just 'give it to Curt' and wait for relegation.

They'll appoint the best person they can find willing to take the job on, but given the time of year, I can't see that person taking charge until January.

It's looking that way.

Perhaps we are waiting for the right person to become available in January. Sampaoli ?
Manager situation is a shambles on 20:33 - Dec 23 with 1271 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Manager situation is a shambles on 20:22 - Dec 23 by costalotta

It's looking that way.

Perhaps we are waiting for the right person to become available in January. Sampaoli ?

Father Christmas?;)

Seems to me they always had Bielsa as the target for next manager. After sacking Monk they possibly thought they could get Rodgers to step in until the end of the season and seek to appoint Bielsa in the summer, but when Rodgers said no, and Bielsa got cold feet on coming here...the board were caught out and didn't have a plan B, or even a plan C...

As some have intimated, you have a feeling some of the board may have imagined that by now they'd be living la dolce vita on the italian riviera with the americans' cash in their back pockets rather than facing the critical decision of appointing a new manager to prevent relegation...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Manager situation is a shambles on 20:35 - Dec 23 with 1268 viewsbermudajack

Manager situation is a shambles on 20:12 - Dec 23 by costalotta

Enrique had worked / managed in Italy for Roma . Different thing completely.

How is that different?

Was Enriche classed as a great candidate? Not even considered as a top manager in world football taking the reigns at one of the biggest clubs and the most successful in recent times?

Martinez from Chester City?

Mourinho - Bobby Robinson's interpreter?

Arsene Wenger - Grampus eight?

Sir Alex - Aberdeen?

Pep Guardiola - from within

Too much focus on the name of the manager, where they are currently managing and money to get them

Huw knows what he's looking for... If that's Curt, then I'm happy with that 👍

Manager situation is a shambles on 20:43 - Dec 23 with 1246 viewsBorojack

Manager situation is a shambles on 20:35 - Dec 23 by bermudajack

How is that different?

Was Enriche classed as a great candidate? Not even considered as a top manager in world football taking the reigns at one of the biggest clubs and the most successful in recent times?

Sir Alex - Aberdeen?

Too much focus on the name of the manager, where they are currently managing and money to get them

If its Curtis lets get behind him no more Barrow though please not good enough and can we get Nathan back and send the fella who upset him on loan to Leicester

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Manager situation is a shambles on 22:35 - Dec 23 with 1127 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Manager situation is a shambles on 20:43 - Dec 23 by Borojack

If its Curtis lets get behind him no more Barrow though please not good enough and can we get Nathan back and send the fella who upset him on loan to Leicester

You can't send MM to Leicester mun. They'll never play him!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Manager situation is a shambles on 22:41 - Dec 23 with 1111 viewsjack247

How is that different?

Sir Alex - Aberdeen?

That's 6 examples in about 25 years.

If Huw did think that Curt was the right man for the job, I'm sure we would all get behind him, but if he thought that, he would just appoint him and stop looking for managers he doesn't feel can improve on the one we have got.
Manager situation is a shambles on 23:51 - Dec 23 with 1008 viewsQuakerJack

How is that different?

Sir Alex - Aberdeen?

I'm not

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Manager situation is a shambles on 00:07 - Dec 24 with 989 viewsbermudajack

Manager situation is a shambles on 23:51 - Dec 23 by QuakerJack

I'm not

I get the feeling that the preferred manager is not available until the summer, Hugh is chancing his arm that Curtis can see us through to the end of the season, if results don't improve, then plan B will be implemented where either an interim or a second choice comes in.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024