Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games 18:19 - Dec 11 with 34994 views442Dale

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/12/question-to-the-club/

As a result of issues raised by supporters on here recently, questions were sent to the club via the Trust. The answers are in the link.

Please take the time to join the Trust and ask questions too or if you're already a member get them sent in (use the links at the top on their site). This illustrates that they will be answered, and those answers are there for everyone to see and debate.

Simple process that other clubs would do well to follow.

Thanks to those involved.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2015 18:21]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 12:54 - Dec 20 with 3420 viewsisitme

Yesterday was totally over the top. Not only were my arms and body patted down but they my legs were as well. It would be so obvious to see that I had nothing concealed!

I wonder what these searches are for when not everyone gets searched? Obviously the searching worked against Bury because no flares etc were set off. It seems that the stewards lack common sense. Yesterday it appeared that I was unlucky enough to be on the receiving end of a jobsworth who enjoys touching men a bit too vigorously.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 13:19 - Dec 20 with 3397 viewsTVOS1907

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 12:12 - Dec 20 by KenBoon

I think campaigning against the checks is an impossible argument to win. You'll just have the flares and "current climate" argument thrown back at you. The Club need to make a decision. If it's about TERRORISM then employ competent people to do the checks on everyone. If it's about fan safety and flares - didn't a steward burn his hand during the bury game dealing with one? - then get the CCTV working, identify people doing it and prosecute.

And the flares at the Wigan and bury games were brought in by away fans. What evidence do the club have to make the decision to treat home fans in such a ridiculous way?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 13:22 - Dec 20 with 3390 viewsTVOS1907

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 12:54 - Dec 20 by isitme

Yesterday was totally over the top. Not only were my arms and body patted down but they my legs were as well. It would be so obvious to see that I had nothing concealed!

I wonder what these searches are for when not everyone gets searched? Obviously the searching worked against Bury because no flares etc were set off. It seems that the stewards lack common sense. Yesterday it appeared that I was unlucky enough to be on the receiving end of a jobsworth who enjoys touching men a bit too vigorously.

There was a flare at the bury game, as a steward burned his hand in taking it out of the stand.

The away stand again, that is.

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 14:23 - Dec 20 with 3352 viewsisitme

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 13:22 - Dec 20 by TVOS1907

There was a flare at the bury game, as a steward burned his hand in taking it out of the stand.

The away stand again, that is.

Exactly. That is why I said it is obvious that these searches are working!
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 14:24 - Dec 20 with 3350 viewsTVOS1907

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 14:23 - Dec 20 by isitme

Exactly. That is why I said it is obvious that these searches are working!

Precisely!

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 14:54 - Dec 20 with 3326 viewsrobbowood

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 13:19 - Dec 20 by TVOS1907

And the flares at the Wigan and bury games were brought in by away fans. What evidence do the club have to make the decision to treat home fans in such a ridiculous way?

I regret to say a blue flare was thown from behind the nets at the back of the Sandy duing the Wigan game

I watched the steward a few yards from me, at the front, trying to move it to behind the advertisement hoardings. Blue smoke everywhere and the smell was awful

I would like to think which ever idiot this was has been banned for life from Spotland
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 15:29 - Dec 20 with 3305 viewsleonardrafc

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 14:49 - Dec 19 by 442Dale

On the back of this, any issues around searches today? We weren't frisked going into the main stand, with a cursory enquiry around what was in a plastic bag*

*mince pies and a programme.

I purposely stood back and watched a few people go into the TDS stand yesterday and about 4 people went in un-checked before me and my mate turned up, and when we did we was met with " mind if we search you lads?". I replied with a few choice words and he had no idea how to react to me.

As I was kicking up a fuss my mate went into the stand without being searched, I asked the steward if I would have to put up with this every week and he said I would. I then asked him why my mate wasn't checked and if the searches were done at random, all he could say was "well I asked him to stay there", absolutely p*ss poor.

When I inevitably get asked for another search on Saturday I'll be telling them where to stick it, being searched at every single home game is totally unnecessary. It is even more annoying (for me) when they are handpicking who they want to search on the day because I know I will always cop for it.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2015 15:40]
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 15:46 - Dec 20 with 3288 viewschuckleberry

I've still not been searched! Yesterday, nobody enquired about the contents of my bag* or looked in it.

*Water, fruit and advent calendar chocolates
Login to get fewer ads

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 16:54 - Dec 20 with 3249 viewsPhil

To put it simply, this searching has to stop right now. I am not going to be treated like a criminal every home game after years of loyal supporting. I never thought I'd see the day when this club would treat its home support with so little respect, and it's sad to think of how many floating supporters will be put off by this.

And to do extensive searching in a match against Colchester on the Saturday before Christmas would be laughable if it wasn't so upsetting.

The club's reply refers to a fine if flares are set off in future. I only hope that avoiding this fine is also worth the lost revenue from people put off from going. As was already posted, it just needs offenders to be identified and banned. Which to my knowledge involves just one home fan/idiot in one single game.

At the moment we have varying team performances, a manager who insults the fans and a home stand that get 1/3 closed every time a few away fans turn up. You can now add turnstile searches to the list of reasons not to go. If this doesn't end then the club can kiss goodbye to my season ticket of many years.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:24 - Dec 20 with 3212 viewssykeboy

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 16:54 - Dec 20 by Phil

To put it simply, this searching has to stop right now. I am not going to be treated like a criminal every home game after years of loyal supporting. I never thought I'd see the day when this club would treat its home support with so little respect, and it's sad to think of how many floating supporters will be put off by this.

And to do extensive searching in a match against Colchester on the Saturday before Christmas would be laughable if it wasn't so upsetting.

The club's reply refers to a fine if flares are set off in future. I only hope that avoiding this fine is also worth the lost revenue from people put off from going. As was already posted, it just needs offenders to be identified and banned. Which to my knowledge involves just one home fan/idiot in one single game.

At the moment we have varying team performances, a manager who insults the fans and a home stand that get 1/3 closed every time a few away fans turn up. You can now add turnstile searches to the list of reasons not to go. If this doesn't end then the club can kiss goodbye to my season ticket of many years.

Spot on,bums on seats are getting less and to alienate a group of fans some who appear longstanding is very poor management the trust or somebody who has the ear of club officials need to feedback the negative feeling amongst fans
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 08:07 - Dec 21 with 3159 viewsaleanddale

It needs sorting its pissing a lot of people right off ( myself included )

Over zealous by untrained law enforcement wannabes.

I never thought something that seems trivial would make me feel so uneasy.

please whoever makes these decisions GET THIS SORTED!!!!!!
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 14:53 - Jan 9 with 2996 views442Dale

No searches at the main stand turnstiles again today. Presumably feedback had been noticed. Just our of interest, are all clubs upping searches recently?

Being a part-timer I didn't go to Scunny or Walsall!

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:34 - Jan 9 with 2912 viewsTalkingSutty

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 14:53 - Jan 9 by 442Dale

No searches at the main stand turnstiles again today. Presumably feedback had been noticed. Just our of interest, are all clubs upping searches recently?

Everybody seemed to be searched/pat down entering the TDS.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:44 - Jan 9 with 2880 viewschuckleberry

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:34 - Jan 9 by TalkingSutty

Even me.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:45 - Jan 9 with 2876 viewsleonardrafc

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 14:53 - Jan 9 by 442Dale

I'm glad you keep bumping this thread, 442.

Give credit where credit it is due, the effort put into searching people outside the TDS was the most thorough so far, but overall it's till inconsistent, unprofessional and a real pain in the arse. I didn't see anyone searched going into Sandy Lane and now you've said no one was searched at the Main Stand, so why all the extra effort at the TDS?

As I stood in the queue (caused by the searches) it looked like they was going to do everybody, but then I noticed they was letting various people through for no obvious reason. The guy to my right was doing the frisks as quickly as he could but the guy I had was practically giving people a medical. So when it was my turn I asked him why they aren't searching everyone, told him this was my 4th consecutive search and that he wasn't touching me. He told me they are trying their best (an outright lie)and that I should write a letter to the club so I think I might. The letter will explain that my season ticket renewal will be going in the bin if this carries on.

A big thumbs up for the club for managing to piss off its most loyal supporters.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:52 - Jan 9 with 2464 views442Dale

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:45 - Jan 9 by leonardrafc

Give credit where credit it is due, the effort put into searching people outside the TDS was the most thorough so far, but overall it's till inconsistent, unprofessional and a real pain in the arse. I didn't see anyone searched going into Sandy Lane and now you've said no one was searched at the Main Stand, so why all the extra effort at the TDS?

As I stood in the queue (caused by the searches) it looked like they was going to do everybody, but then I noticed they was letting various people through for no obvious reason. The guy to my right was doing the frisks as quickly as he could but the guy I had was practically giving people a medical. So when it was my turn I asked him why they aren't searching everyone, told him this was my 4th consecutive search and that he wasn't touching me. He told me they are trying their best (an outright lie)and that I should write a letter to the club so I think I might. The letter will explain that my season ticket renewal will be going in the bin if this carries on.

A big thumbs up for the club for managing to piss off its most loyal supporters.

Having asked elsewhere, the Trust have a meeting of their own on Monday.

I'll be collating all this feedback and ask that it's added to their agenda and request feedback in the reports they are now producing after all meetings. of course, with this being such high profile amongst supporters recently, it may already be up for discussion. Either way, it'll get followed up.

With that in mind, any other views from fans would be appreciated. Going back to what I mentioned above, have we experienced similar at recent away grounds?

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:53 - Jan 9 with 2461 views1mark1

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:45 - Jan 9 by leonardrafc

So basically anyone wanting to carry out any hooliganism should go into Sandy or Main Stand. Take a brick, knife, fire cracker, or whatever you want. Any potential nutty terrorist could also observe that certain areas offer up no security to stop their savage acts.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:57 - Jan 9 with 2444 views_dezzy

Yet again I entered the pearl st end. And yet again I didn't get searched. I must have an innocent look to me.

KHBA

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:57 - Jan 9 with 2444 views442Dale

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:53 - Jan 9 by 1mark1

So basically anyone wanting to carry out any hooliganism should go into Sandy or Main Stand. Take a brick, knife, fire cracker, or whatever you want. Any potential nutty terrorist could also observe that certain areas offer up no security to stop their savage acts.

There we're more stewards outside the Main Stand turnstiles, apart from one woman's bag being looked at there were no other searches as me and my lad went in. However having into the ground and spoken to someone else, they were searched.

The consistency and level of searches has still to be established. One thing's for sure, it has to be looked at again.

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:02 - Jan 9 with 2432 viewsD_Alien

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:34 - Jan 9 by TalkingSutty

The lads in front of me were, but I just grinned at the steward and he folded his arms. Whether that means he didn't fancy me I don't know, but it worked.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:04 - Jan 9 with 2428 viewsTVOS1907

Searches still took place at the TDS, including children and pregnant women!

When asked, the steward replied "It's for your own safety"

On the plus side, there have been no searches/frisking at Walsall, Scunthorpe, Swindon, etc.., from my own experience.

Oh yes, there was also a sniffer dog at the TDS end as well.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 18:22]

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:13 - Jan 9 with 2391 viewswildie

Searched again today. However today I asked the steward why I was being searched having been coming to the club for 30 years and only at the last two games this had happened. He said they had to search everyone to which I asked why a person at the turnstile next to me had just walked through without being searched. Answer; a blank response

I then asked what exactly are you searching me for. Response the club says we have to. I explained I can't give consent to being searched unless I know. At which point he got a bit defensive as clearly he had no idea about consent and what that means, I said I'm not being obstructive but before I give my consent I want to know what he would be searching for. To cut a long story short he didn't have a clue and had to get his supervisor to explain. Pretty much sums up what a clueless ill thought out tick box exercise this whole process is
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:13 - Jan 9 with 2391 viewsTalkingSutty

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:53 - Jan 9 by 1mark1

Its commonly known as discriminition and is not supposed to be happening in this day and age. I dont have any faith in the Trust sorting it out and to be fair they represent probably only about 15% of the fanbase anyway. Colin Garlick should be explaining why fans in the TDS seem to be the ones who are being targetted, hes on the Trust board anyway which makes it a bit of a farce in the first place. Fans can vote with their feet anyway if they feel they are being treated like idiots.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:19 - Jan 9 with 2375 views1mark1

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:13 - Jan 9 by TalkingSutty

Its commonly known as discriminition and is not supposed to be happening in this day and age. I dont have any faith in the Trust sorting it out and to be fair they represent probably only about 15% of the fanbase anyway. Colin Garlick should be explaining why fans in the TDS seem to be the ones who are being targetted, hes on the Trust board anyway which makes it a bit of a farce in the first place. Fans can vote with their feet anyway if they feel they are being treated like idiots.

I agree.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:23 - Jan 9 with 2341 viewssykeboy

Or wait unti you get inside and you are then given fruit to throw onto the pitch!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024