Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fernandes says we should manage expectations 06:27 - Nov 9 with 12639 viewsSuffolkHoop

@tonyfernandes: Qpr fans should manage expectations. No club is more transparent than us. Lots and lots been done
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 09:57 - Nov 9 with 2069 viewsSomersetHoops

As I've said elsewhere true fans support their club whatever division its in and if TF has come to realise that and put his previous mistakes down to experience and taken the hit on this massive debt built up because of management errors then I can only say well done for that. If the owners are tasking the football management team to get promotion this season then that is the expectation that they have introduced and it unrealistic for many reasons, but mainly: 1) The team aren't good enough. 2) Adding a couple of players won't be enough to make it good enough. 3) Even if we do by some fluke (like last time) get promoted, we are nowhere near ready or able to sustain it.

At the start of this season I expected mid table safety in the Championship with signs of improvement and challenging for top 10 towards the end of it. Despite the dissatisfaction of many of the fans and the owners I thought we were on target to achieve that and it was just necessary to hold our nerve and make a couple of changes in January to continue on that track. Just because we held onto a few players who we expected to sell (mainly due to bad management handling of the transfer window) didn't for me mean those expectations should have changed, but they were. And Ramsey was blamed and sacked for performing adequately to the original brief he was given. Not only that, changing his brief meant the introduction of young players was considered too risky and he was trying to win games in some cases with team resources that just aren't good enough. Ramsey may have made a few errors including poor substitutions and strange team selections, but we don't have the fitness reports on the players or see how they perform (or don't) in training.

In any case with the appointment of Ramsey came the expectation that this season would include his development as a manager and under his original brief I think that would have worked out fine, but changing his remit part-way through ended that possibility. I think its a bit rich, Fernandes telling fans now to manage expectations when he has changed his with the wind. Now we are looking for another manager and the pool of managers we would like are lining themselves up to avoid the poison chalice that QPR has become. So we will end up with another manager that we don't really want and who will demand a large salary to compensate him for taking the risk to his reputation associated with managing QPR.

Its reached the point where Neil Warnock really is the best option and if he could work alongside his and QPR favourites Shaun Derry and/or Clint Hill to bring them up to the point where one or both could take over as manager then that might make sense for the long term. I don't think Pearson or Sherwood are the answer, but I wonder if Ramsey is being held in suspended animation pending a number 2 role following the appointment of Sherwood, possibly already a done deal and being delayed to give the impression of proper process. BTW I am not ITK it just seems a possibility to me.

Who's Next?

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 10:22 - Nov 9 with 1984 viewsAitch

So how is managing expectations changing the manager 12 games into the season? Surely that's saying I've changed my expectations? At the beginning of the season the expectation was consolidation and sitting somewhere in the middle of the table is that.

As much as I respect TF for chucking an astronomical amount of money at QPR in terms of planning/boardroom management, the club is as comically run now as it was under Briatore and Paladini.

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 10:27 - Nov 9 with 1958 viewsSuffolkHoop

I find it incredibly hard to believe that Fernandes has just given us the £180m. It's not like Air Asia don't need the money..

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/airasia-boss-begins-buyout-t
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 10:28 - Nov 9 with 1953 viewsJuzzie

About 3 weeks ago; "tonyfernandes_official__Harlington looking good. Boys working hard. Let's see. I do believe. But results speak. Going up is the world for me."

https://instagram.com/p/83B_1KzLct/

And he's talking about fans not raising expectations??!!

I genuinely believe he wants the best for club but he really needs keep these things internally, not on public domain.
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 10:31 - Nov 9 with 1935 viewsNorthernr

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 10:27 - Nov 9 by SuffolkHoop

I find it incredibly hard to believe that Fernandes has just given us the £180m. It's not like Air Asia don't need the money..

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/airasia-boss-begins-buyout-t

It's because of that situation at Air Asia that they need rid of QPR because it hemorrhages money they way they run it. Nobody is going to buy QPR for £180m so they've converted it to equity, and can now sell the club much more easily.
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 10:32 - Nov 9 with 1932 viewsvblockranger

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 10:28 - Nov 9 by Juzzie

About 3 weeks ago; "tonyfernandes_official__Harlington looking good. Boys working hard. Let's see. I do believe. But results speak. Going up is the world for me."

https://instagram.com/p/83B_1KzLct/

And he's talking about fans not raising expectations??!!

I genuinely believe he wants the best for club but he really needs keep these things internally, not on public domain.

"Going up is the world for me" is probably accurate looking at some of the stuff written about Air Asia's financial situation...
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 10:33 - Nov 9 with 1920 viewsvblockranger

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 10:31 - Nov 9 by Northernr

It's because of that situation at Air Asia that they need rid of QPR because it hemorrhages money they way they run it. Nobody is going to buy QPR for £180m so they've converted it to equity, and can now sell the club much more easily.

Spot on...Al Fayed did exactly the same a couple of months before he sold Fulham. It's on the cards lads.
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 10:35 - Nov 9 with 1903 viewslondonscottish

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 10:33 - Nov 9 by vblockranger

Spot on...Al Fayed did exactly the same a couple of months before he sold Fulham. It's on the cards lads.

Yup. £100m-ish in his case IIRC?

Ouch - edit - £212 million....

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/columnists/mick-dennis/377139/Money-man-Mohamed
[Post edited 9 Nov 2015 10:38]

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 10:37 - Nov 9 with 1893 viewsSuffolkHoop

So can this ever be called in post sale?
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 10:38 - Nov 9 with 1886 viewslondonscottish

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 10:37 - Nov 9 by SuffolkHoop

So can this ever be called in post sale?

Nope

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 10:40 - Nov 9 with 1878 viewsSuffolkHoop

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 10:38 - Nov 9 by londonscottish

Nope

So £180m take £40m for the sale is a loss of £140m and the club off their books.

Who, specifically, owns Loftus Road?
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 10:41 - Nov 9 with 1876 viewsvblockranger

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 10:35 - Nov 9 by londonscottish

Yup. £100m-ish in his case IIRC?

Ouch - edit - £212 million....

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/columnists/mick-dennis/377139/Money-man-Mohamed
[Post edited 9 Nov 2015 10:38]

£212 million loans converted into equity reported in January 2013 in preparation for his sale in July of the same year....
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 13:16 - Nov 9 with 1696 viewsEastR

There is an alternative view: QPR Holdings Ltd long term liabilities have just been wiped off the balance sheet, thereby freeing QPR Holdings to borrow more money. If that money was borrowed from other parties (i.e. not the owners) then that then puts the club in a more precarious position.
The accounts for the period to 31 May 2015 are being prepared at the moment and this conversion of debt to equity has likely happened because of how they look. It’s not impossible that they’ll show more loans due to the owners materialising and this is another ‘write off’ in advance of them being published.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 13:22 - Nov 9 with 1684 viewsTheBlob

There's more laundering going on in this type of enterprise than at Sketchley.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 13:26 - Nov 9 with 1673 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 09:45 - Nov 9 by Brightonhoop

Dont think anyones questioning his ability to make money.Like all business, tides ebb and flow.It's his spending that is alarming. I'm no business mastermind but I wouldn't allocate Hughes and Redknap 10 pence let alone £200 Mil.

Like others, I was delighted when TF took over from Tango and Cash, now look at us. Utter farce.

I think people calling him an idiot and clueless is ridiculous.
He has made mistakes and he acknowledges that but I believe he was far better intentioned than Tango and Cash ever were. Also, could you imagine the outcry on here if those managers had not been allocated any money for transfers mate!
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 13:40 - Nov 9 with 1573 viewsToast_R

What I don't get is that he gets grief for going on Twitter and people would prefer it if he stayed off it, but then as soon as a Tweet comes out from him it's on here like Gospel to be feasted over from every angle of interpretation possible.

Maybe fans just need to pay less attention to Twitter or just stop following Tony Fenandes so you can live a more peaceful life.

Personally I couldn't give a sh*t what he says on it.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2015 13:44]
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 13:46 - Nov 9 with 1556 viewsHooped_Pullie

As I have said before, the multi-million pound apparent write-offs - huge though they look - would be a veritable drop in the ocean compared to the squillions TF and others could make from the move to New Queen's Park and the redevelopment of LR for luxury housing. With tiny studio flats in the arse hole of South-East London being sold for upwards of £400,000, the mind truly boggles at the potential for profit that such a move could bring.

I have always said that TF would stick around whilst that remains a possibility, but he's an emotional little bugger and if pushed enough, might just decide to jump. Whether that is to the Mittals or a whole new ball game remains to be seen.

We may be in for interesting times. Again.
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 13:55 - Nov 9 with 1514 viewslondonscottish

I don't think emotion has much to do about it.

Reading between the lines he's finding all his lines of credit have been turned off whether that's Air Asia or Tune Group. And he's been in breach of his banking covenants at Tune Group.

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 13:58 - Nov 9 with 1508 viewsJuzzie

I'm the same (I'm not on Tw@tter so just see it on here) but.... to go on a social media site and say "But results speak. Going up is the world for me" then ask fans to 'manage expectations' just seems a contradiction of thought.

What expectations are fans to have when the most senior visible person at the club says going up is the world for him?

This is why he needs to keep off social media. Not because it isn't a good portal to be providing information, but because he keeps putting his foot in his mouth.

I for one now ignore any comments regarding the training ground until I see pictures of JCB's moving earth around and men in hard hats looking at blueprints and pointing at things.

[Post edited 9 Nov 2015 14:02]
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 14:23 - Nov 9 with 1430 viewsstevec

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

A lot of sympathy for what you point out. I guess Bernie Ecclestone was just a lot more hands on and treated footballers with, shall we say, a little less reverence.

Amen to that.
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 14:24 - Nov 9 with 1427 viewsDiscodroids

if Tone sorts me out a packet of nobbys nuts , a pint and a selfie before the Leeds Home game in the boozer , he can lay a cable up my spine and call me by Chesty larue .

#sell your soul for nobby nuts.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2015 14:25]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 14:35 - Nov 9 with 1407 viewsPunteR

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 13:26 - Nov 9 by CroydonCaptJack

I think people calling him an idiot and clueless is ridiculous.
He has made mistakes and he acknowledges that but I believe he was far better intentioned than Tango and Cash ever were. Also, could you imagine the outcry on here if those managers had not been allocated any money for transfers mate!

The bloke doesn't know what he's doing with our club. He lets the same mistakes happen over and over. I just find it frustrating that he's blown all that money and we're literally back where we started,in fact we're worse.
Yes he's made a lot of money in the past but he's lost a shed load as well. Hasn't he jeopardised the new Queens park project by their dealings with CarGiant? Warren farm keeps stalling. Caterhams project went tits up. Who's to say his QPR project wont go the same way.
Calling him an idiot was a bit much but he just comes across to me as a bumbling buffoon with a big gob and ego. I do believe he had the best intentions but he just doesn't have the know how in football. Just my opinion,hope to be proved wrong.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 15:06 - Nov 9 with 1317 viewsMvpeter

I'm sorry but that's simply not true. Fernandes purchased several of the Hughes signings for commercial reasons, made one his captain and turned what should have been an important preseason into a joke. Playing Sengular XI or whoever the fck it was. He absolutely hamstrung a perfectly good manager.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 15:25 - Nov 9 with 2211 viewsJamie

Sorry but there is a lot of nonsense in there Clive.

To pick up the most pertinent points, several of the big signings weren't Hughes' and he then had try to shoehorn them into the team. A job he would be the first to admit that he made a mess of.

With regards Redknapp, you say it was hard luck for Fernandes that the Redknapp they appointed had given up on football management. The truth of course being that they would've found that out pretty quickly at interview....but they didn't bother to interview him.

I know you're of the rather strange belief that everything is rosy behind the scenes, greatest fans and club the world has ever seen and all that, and Fernandes is just serially unlucky, which is fair enough. I would however suggest that you are a salesmans dream.
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 15:48 - Nov 9 with 2168 viewswhittocksRs

He clearly wants to sell the club and is trying to make it as attractive as possible for investors. Hopefully, they've already written us off and are looking to offload for a reasonable price (around what they paid? £50-odd million?). They should be able to do that.

The problem comes when they can't sell — say they want too much money to massage their losses — and then are forced to recapitalise Tune/AirAsia, which looks like happening. Then assets, i.e. QPR and the stadium, become viable targets for banks owed monies. As it stands, Fernandes cannot make his investment on QPR back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024